[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Agender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 20
File: download (3).jpg (6 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6 KB, 226x223
What's /lgbt/'s opinion on Agender people

(Also write your sexuality and gender in your response)
>>
>>5855894
there are two genders, male and female. you can identify as either but you must pick one.

i'm bi and female
>>
It's a great "get out of privilege free" card.

I'm gay and "amab" agender :)
>>
>>5855894
Why did you download the same iFunny pic 3 times?
>>
>>5855894

I'm sure it's real, I had some binary transgender friends who used it as a stepping stone. But it is far too prevalent among 200 pound, blue-haired, afab, landwhales. I don't think that is harmful as much as annoying.

I'm a straight MtF
>>
>>5855894
I don't believe it's a real thing. I knew a few agender people but one claimed she was simultaneously also a trans guy, another went back to being a cis girl after at least three or four years as living as agender, and another just changed their mind and said they're were really just a trans guy.

I'm a gay male
>>
>>5855894
I do not have an opinion on agender people.
(gay cis guy)
>>
File: cis = killers.jpg (780 KB, 1000x1195) Image search: [Google]
cis = killers.jpg
780 KB, 1000x1195
>>5855894
Well, as far as I know there are two kinds of 'agenderism'

The first one is the lack of gender. Meaning you don't have a gender. In my opinion, this only makes sense if you see male and female genders as two isolated groups with no connection between them, meaning that you may fall somewhere that doesn't quite belong to each group, and therefore you have no gender.

The problem is, there is no one alive whose traits (physical, psychological, social, etc) are 100% male or 100% female (especially since this is often subjective), so if that were the case, most people, if not all, would be agender.

The kind of agenderism is more of a neutral gender, meaning something that falls right in the middle of a spectrum with male and female genders at each end. This one makes a bit more sense, since I guess it's possible to fall close enough to the middle of it to have a difficult time deciding which gender you identify the most with.

However, I doubt most of the people who claim to be agender are actually in that spot. It's more like
>I like/look like/do some manly stuff and some girly stuff
>I'm sooo non binary!

When actually pretty much everyone is like that
>>
>>5855894
First time I heard of it... Dunno what to think yet.
>>
>>5855894
I've got a friend from school (community college) who identifies as agender. Pretty chill, a very reasonable individual. For some reason this particular individual (for lack of a pronoun other than "they") is rather unemotional and calculating, but also very straightforward about it. "They" also professed to being asexual.

Pretty cool person, to be honest.
>>
>>5855894

I don't know much about it but I imagine they're probably weirdos who are mainly being drama queens in one sense or another

but the same goes for a large portion of all other sorts of human activity, so what the heck, I'm sure it's fine

straight man here
>>
>>5855894
No actual opinion, but my observation is that the most legitimate sounding ones (ones that seem to have NB gender dysphoria and not regular one or just mild discomfort with gender roles) look either schizoid or autistic (mostly the first)
I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a separate mental disorder that has nothing to do with (any) etiology of regular gender dysphoria. But they might as well be a weird variety of transsexuals, who knows

I imagine there's more of them than it seems, but you don't see them online because people with personalities like that won't really go around and share it with everyone just for the sake of it

Then again some agenders seem like regular trannies and do a whole transition with SRS and stuff. And these usually don't give me the same impression as the other agenders, they're more, well, regular
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>5855894
Agender doesn't exist and that's a good thing. If people were dysphoric about being agender then they'd have the most depressing lives of any trans. Transmen and transwomen can pass as the gender they identify and relieve some of the pain of their gender disorder, but agenders would never be able to do that. It's impossible to no present, even if it's not intentional, as neither gender. Unless you're wearing a box that covers your entire body you'll always look male or female
>>
>>5855894
Sounds like attention-seeking bullshit to me. There are two distinct genders. Choose one or fall somewhere in between them.
Bi female.
>>
>bunself
>>
It's stupid genderfluid bullshit
>>
File: 1456381950130.jpg (77 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456381950130.jpg
77 KB, 768x1024
>>5855894
Retarded bullshit
Straight cis male
>>
>>5862651

walk outside
see this
wat do
>>
>>5862675
Whip out dick, rape
>>
>>5855894
I am agender. I'm obviously closeted since it's not exactly well known and many people's reactions would be along the lines of oh man this person is crazy / thinks they're a special snowflake / whatever and I don't really want to deal with that. But I'm extremely comfortable knowing what I am.
>>
>>5862651
I'm curious what brings the straight cis male here.

Not judging, just curious.
>>
>>5863294
Tranny chasing or hot pics posted in /lesgen/
>>
File: Evala.jpg (70 KB, 951x698) Image search: [Google]
Evala.jpg
70 KB, 951x698
>>5855894
Genetically throughout all animals on earth there is only two genders male and female there is no such thing as another gender.

>defying gender existance
>>
>>5863327
so how should intersex people identify as?

checkmate, atheists
>>
>>5863298
Cool
>>
>>5863327
Gender isn't genetic though.
>>
File: 2013-05-13Agender-Agenda.png (841 KB, 900x7500) Image search: [Google]
2013-05-13Agender-Agenda.png
841 KB, 900x7500
>>5855894
ever since i started giving all that gender jazz some serious thought instead of dismissing it's entirety as ludicrous hogwash, the thought of agenderism had some degree of appeal to me.

perhaps the conclusion that i've come to doesn't even qualify as "agender" to other people, but hey, it's the best match so far. my thought is that "gender" means a whole lot of different things to different people, and is therefor a nonsensical term. it seems that oftentimes it is used to lump people together based on chromosomes or fashion style or younameit - only to then infer silly generalizations on them. much like racism or nationalism, sexism (and in my personal experience this includes mist discussions about gender) invites such illegitimate generalizations.
so you could say that i dislike the concept of lumping people into groups, and this also applies to gender classes.

ok, so now that i've been rambling for half an hour, let's answer your questions, OP:
>opinion on Agender people
they're people. i try to perceive humans as people and not as genders anyway, so i guess there's nothing special (haven't conscientiously met one yet)

>(Also write your sexuality and gender in your response)
sexuality: chromosomes don't matter, genitals don't matter (as long as sex works), gender self-identification doesn't mater. proportions, skinniness and certain personality aspects matter.
gender: silly concept/agender. i was born with a junk, don't feel awkward about it, and dress/speak/act the way i'm used to, therefor i'm perceived as a dude by my surroundings. that doesn't bother me, neither would being perceived as a girl.
>>
>>5863327
animals don't have genders, that's dumb. gender is a human construct, sex is the biological term.
that aside i totally agree there are only two genders and anyone who says otherwise is an attention seeking tumblrina faggot
>>
File: 1424465180337.png (132 KB, 623x836) Image search: [Google]
1424465180337.png
132 KB, 623x836
>>5862675
>rape
>>
>>5863294
Curiousity
>>
>>5862735
>>5864115
With the except of anomalies like being born different internal or external genitals, or gender dysphoria, Gender is biology. Men and women create estrogen and testosterone in greater amounts from each other, these influence the brain.

To ignore biology and put lables on feminine activities you enjoy to say you're mental "gender" is "girl" is ignorance. If you're male and you go by landmarks, follow directions over competition, belive to have a higher tolerance to pain, believe to have more fat deposits, then that doesn't make you 'gender fluid' or whatever ridiculous desecration of woman culture you're forcing your sexual identity on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtUKdZG1o1w
>>
I used to date an agender person. They where pretty chill about it and completely unlike most of the tumblrfags that say they're agender, and they had physical dysphoria and wanted to have no genitals, just a urethra
>>
>>5855894
I'm agendered in that I don't give a shit about gender. It seems like a silly thing to identify with your biological sex. It's just something you are.
I'm biologically male. So most people would say I'm a man or boy or whatever.
And I'm attracted to males.
>>
Two types of "agender" people.

AFAB ugly fat tumblrina girls who are just butch dykes and are trying to be edgy

AMAB edgy gay guys in denial who think liking to wear some female clothes makes them both genders.

Both never go on HRT so its just a phase along with that bigender/genderqueer/genderfluid (top kek) crap.
>>
everything is abstraction, nothing is real anyway, who cares, it's all just fundamental particles floating through a random and chaotic void
>>
File: 1456387805601.png (266 KB, 368x657) Image search: [Google]
1456387805601.png
266 KB, 368x657
>>5866635
That just means your cis
>>
>>5855894
im agender and honestly i feel like im neither. im p chill about it though. i do get uncomfortable about people calling me different pronouns but i remind them and not yell at them like tumblr people do
>>
>>5865638
Gender is mental/social, sex is biological. Stuff like
>If you're male and you go by landmarks, follow directions over competition, belive to have a higher tolerance to pain, believe to have more fat deposits, then that doesn't make you
is exhibiting feminine traits, but doesn't make them a woman. Only having an actual gender identity of being a woman does that.

>>5866663
Yeah, but it's a subset of cis: there are those who are indifferent towards gender, and there are those who are strongly attached to their assigned gender.
>>
>>5866635
If you don't have dysphoria you're cis
>>
>>5855894
Unless you are completely devoid of sex organs and are completely androgynous, you're either male or female
t. Bi crossdressing male
>>
>>5863294

Not him, but I sometimes see posts from /lgbt/ on the front page and come in to see if if the discussion sounds interesting.
>>
File: maverick.jpg (18 KB, 350x218) Image search: [Google]
maverick.jpg
18 KB, 350x218
I think agender and bigender are legit. The two sexes have malleable borders. Following that, I'm fine with people identifying outside the two traditional genders. There's some historical precedent in various cultures.

A couple sets of third gender pronouns and a third gender marker for official shit should be fine and enough.

As for the egregious snowflakegenders, I think a lot of tumblrites are confusing and conflating gender with other intangible feelings of identity.

That is if we consider gender a piece of your identity that exists (or, for agender, doesn't exist) in relation to your biological sex. And nothing means anything if we don't. I do believe you can lack that innate sense of your own gender. However, as far as the T in LGBT is concerned, if you have no physical dysphoria then you aren't trans. But there may be both agender cis people and agender transsexuals, since neither taking steps to transition nor gender presentation correlates 100% with gender identity (see: /femgen/).

I'm an FtM guy, bisexual. Or pan I suppose.
>>
>>5866692
>Gender is mental/social, sex is biological.
Gender used to be the culture of your sex, not if you grew up doing more subjectively feminine activities or not.

The problem is this whole subculture is casually treating sex biology like interchangeable music subculture scenes, just another identity crisis solution of a teen fad.

>is exhibiting feminine traits, but doesn't make them a woman.
My point exactly, unless your sex is an anomaly or genderdysphoria, you're your sex with the gender culture of your orientation. This is how it should be.

I'm not trying to be mean, but there must be an answer to all of these subjective gender doctrines being force fed in therapy and school, giving us people who think they can define their biological sex just because they crossdress. It's just like what feminism was and has become, another self parody for the youth to imitate.

You remember that long list of made up genders that everyone laughed at? that's what this new generation is seriously considering.
>>
>>5866990
>The two sexes have malleable borders.
Not biologically for majority of people
>Following that, I'm fine with people identifying outside the two traditional genders.
People can accept otherkin, that doesn't make them part animals.
>A couple sets of third gender pronouns and a third gender marker for official shit should be fine and enough.
More cuddling for tragically cis people, more subjective ridiculous lables.

>And nothing means anything if we don't.
I couldn't have summarized this farce any better.
>>
The only issue I have is when i run into agendered people in dating contexts who say they're "straight" or "gay". It makes it really unclear who their potential pool is.
I'm bi so I don't really care what they're assigned at birth nor what they're presenting as. But it's hard to see if I should talk to them or not. I usually don't bother.

Since OP asked: cis bi girl
>>
My best friend came out as agender shortly after I came out as trans. Kinda felt like a mockery desu. Also considering that, as I began to move towards being more moderate conservative, my friend went full on radfem/sjw in the process.

So yeah, I really do think it's just a tumblr thing. (I'm a gay ftm)
>>
>>5855894
It's bullshit tumblr labelling so super special snowflakes can feel extra-super special.

YOu're male, or you're female.
>>
>>5855894
>That pic
>ifunny.co
I see it now.
>>
>>5855894
dont know what i am but i dont really care what people call me or what pronouns they use
personally, theyre loose use of them shows they are paying more attention to the idea and not the sex of the subject, as it should
>>
>>5866663
>>5866694
To give you an idea of what I mean, if I were to wake up a female tomorrow, I wouldn't have dysphoria about that body either. I'd accept it (and enjoy my female privilege that vastly out weighs the mythical male privilege).
>>
>>5867522
>YOu're male, or you're female.
Biologically speaking. Yes.
It's tough luck for trans in that sense though.
>>
>>5867611
No it's the same for trans too. The only difference is brain and body don't agree on male or female. Causing dysphoria.
>>
>>5867617
Male and female are sexes.
Sexes are determined by chromosomes.
Chromosomes are unchangeable.
>>
>>5861320
^^
cis lesbian
>>
>>5867622
You're right about the chromosomes but not in the way you think. During the first trimester, chromosomes determine the body's sex. As the brain hasn't really developed yet.

During the second trimester, chromosomes can fuck up. Making the brain a different gender than the sex that has already developed. It's very uncommon but it does happen.

They've done brain scans on transgender people that prove this. A quick google search will show you. Your brain's structure is as hardwired as your body's.
>>
>>5867645
>Making the brain a different gender than the sex
The sex remains though.
Gender I can totally admit is fluid, and won't always match the sex. But the sex is still a fact. And the words 'male' and 'female' refer to one's sex. Not their gender.
>>
>>5867656
And? I'm not arguing that there are two sexes. But to believe there are more than two genders is illogical. Especially with all the scientific evidence out there these days.

>http://bfy. tw/4joJ

See for yourself.
>>
>>5867674
I don't think there are more than two genders, as much as I think that people can identify with both or not really with either. Doesn't mean they identify with a 'third' gender. It means they either don't care or like a mix of the two.
>>
>>5867687
>I think that people can identify with both or not really with either.
Assuming these people aren't biologically trans why do they need to identify as a gender at all?
>>
>>5867695
Why would only transgendered people need to identify as a gender at all?
If they have the brain of a woman, than wouldn't a cis woman with a woman brain have the same properties of a trans woman's brain? And therefore both brains would identify with womanhood?
I know what you're getting at. That if your body doesn't mismatch your brain, then you have no reason to identify as a gender, because it's already "correct". But my argument is that some minds don't identify with a body, they just inhabit it. That is to say, the body is neither correct nor incorrect. it is merely inhabited and dealt with. This is what an agendered person would experience. They don't identify with a body, they just have it.
>>
I've never seen a person who identified as anything other than male or female was wasn't either a complete degenerate freak, mentally ill, extremely stupid, or raised by extremely incompetent parents that enabled their delusions.
>>
>>5867722
Or they didn't make a big deal out of it because gender was unimportant to them, and so you were never made aware of it.
>>
>>5867727
If they identified as "agender" or any other tumblr-tier shit like that, then they fall under the category of mentally ill/extremely stupid.

Gender doesn't matter to most people, which is something these(I'm assuming you as well?) tumblr-teens can't understand. Most guys and girls don't actively or constantly think about their gender or make a big deal of it, that's normal. What's not normal is being so confused by society and how to function in it that you go around making up terms to describe how you're totally different.
>>
>>5867727
Sure but to call that feeling a gender and to go by special pronouns (including the awkward "they/them") is just trying to be a special snowflake. It's fine to not give a shit if people call you a guy or a girl. But to demand to be a part of the trans community in hopes of special tratment is idiotic.
>>
>>5867741
It's really only come to people's attention because trans people made it a 'thing' to identify with a gender, and it was assumed that if you were 'cis' you identified with the gender you were born with, when some people just don't care. Agendered is just a word to describe the one's who don't care. If they woke up the opposite gender the next day, it wouldn't bother them. Some cis people would have a problem with that though I'm sure. So we have three different catagories of people. People who care about their gender, and it matches their sex. People who care about their gender, and it doesn't match their sex. And people who don't care about their gender, and so they have nothing to match to their sex.
If it upsets you that all of these things have words to describe them, then the problem is with you.
>>
XX, XY

Bisexual/versatile/switch male
>>
>>5867747
Yeah, that's not what I do. I get called "she" and "he" by strangers in real life, and I don't care. And it's not like I'm trying to look like the sex I'm not. I just have long hair and no beard.
>>
>>5867755
First of all, you're speaking out your ass because you haven't had a sex change and don't take hormones. If you did and then stopped , maybe you'd have some legitimacy to your augment, but I'm sure you haven't. And considering it's impossible for a normal person to wake up one day as the opposite sex unless they've been kidnapped and be given a sex-change against their will, we have no real way of telling how they would feel.

Secondly, why should anyone take you seriously just because you feel a certain way? Otherkin feel they're animals in human but accept that they won't become dragons.

Nobody here is "upset" about your existence or delusions either, they're just here to point out the absurdity of them while the topic has been brought up.
>>
>>5867721
>Why would only transgendered people need to identify as a gender at all?
Because they actually have a condition.

>If they have the brain of a woman, than wouldn't a cis woman with a woman brain have the same properties of a trans woman's brain?
I don't personally know if that can be proven. Men and women have slightly different numbers of neurons, the majority of men and women have distinct characteristics.

A transwoman would have gender dysphoria but has had the biology of a man untill hrt.

>And therefore both brains would identify with womanhood?
In a world free of environmental subversion, i think it would.

>That is to say, the body is neither correct nor incorrect. it is merely inhabited and dealt with. This is what an agendered person would experience. They don't identify with a body, they just have it.
That makes more sense but what is the purpose of this? I personally have no problem how you present or perceive yourself but it's very subjective and misleading.
>>
>>5867775
Can't tell if you're a trans person who's mad that someone is saying gender doesn't matter, or a cis person who thinks trans people as well as agendered people are full of shit. Everything you said can be applied to trans people.
>How do you know you're X unless you've experienced it?
>Why should anyone take you seriously because you feel a certain way?
>Nobody here is "upset" about your existence or delusions
I'm not the one getting surgeries or taking drugs to change what I have, I've accepted it and don't care. I don't think that my mind doesn't match my body, because my body is just a thing I inhabit. I'm not the one making a big deal out of this.
>>5867779
>Because they actually have a condition
Then would a cis person who identifies with their sex also have that condition, it just wouldn't be an issue?
>In a world free of environmental subversion, i think it would.
I disagree. If a trans woman was put on an island where she never saw another person. I don't think they would identify with a gender at all. They may have some feminine mental characteristics, but they wouldn't be informed by the people around them to inform how they saw themselves.
>what is the purpose of this?
When you see a bunch of people making a big deal out of something, sometimes some people will say that there isn't a big deal.
>it's very subjective and misleading
It's why a lot of the time people don't bring it up in real life. No one has ever brought it up to me, and I've never brought it up to someone else. Most agendered people just conform to what is expected of them because it makes social interactions easier.

Just for any trans information. An agendered person seeking benefits or wanting to be a part of the 'trans community' is in fact a special snowflake. There is no reason to pursue these things aside from attention or some sort of self gain.
>>
>>5867813
>Then would a cis person who identifies with their sex also have that condition, it just wouldn't be an issue?
Transpeople identify because they have gender dysphoria, they have an psychological need to have their body match their perceived body, a ciswoman wouldn't.

>I disagree. If a trans woman was put on an island where she never saw another person. I don't think they would identify with a gender at all.
>they wouldn't be informed by the people around them to inform how they saw themselves.
If we're thinking of gender as the culture of people's sex, they would, because isolated tribes also share the same typical hunter/cooking gender roles. As well as the majority of female and male baby monkeys playing with their sex's toys, dolls for the girls, trucks for boys.

>When you see a bunch of people making a big deal out of something, sometimes some people will say that there isn't a big deal.

>Most agendered people just conform to what is expected of them because it makes social interactions easier.

I am a bi male who has autogynephilia, i don't have gender dysphoria, but would like to play the role of a woman in a relationship with a man. I'm not trans so i'll just be a bottom in a gay relationship. Wouldn't i have the right position to be agender since my ideal match isn't tied to my sex and i'm not trans? regardless i see no reason for the title, i could just be a gay bottom, titles should save information not complicate existing ones. If i'm missing something then i'd be interested in understanding, i feel i understand the need to express your self beyond your body but i don't see why, do you have a specific example on the title agender?
>>
>>5867880
>Transpeople identify because they have gender dysphoria, they have an psychological need to have their body match their perceived body, a ciswoman wouldn't.
But a ciswoman may have a psychological need to have her body match her perceived body, she would have just already had her wish granted. Most women prefer feeling feminine over masculine. I'm not sure how much of that is culturally ingrained into them, and how much is biological though.
> because isolated tribes also share the same typical hunter/cooking gender roles. As well as the majority of female and male baby monkeys playing with their sex's toys, dolls for the girls, trucks for boys.
This is why I said "they may have some feminine mental characteristics". Dysphoria however is very much informed by what they perceive as what they believe that should be. How could you possibly conceive of being something you have no concept of (maintaining the theoretical situation in which a person has never met someone of the opposite sex).
>Wouldn't i have the right position to be agender since my ideal match isn't tied to my sex and i'm not trans?
Perhaps.
>titles should save information not complicate existing ones
I don't think so. Titles should aim for accuracy and precision, I don't care if they make things more complicated.
>>
>>5868178
>do you have a specific example on the title agender?
Well, I'd consider myself agendered, since I don't identify with a gender (which a cis person definitely can do). I might be a unique case though, since I seem to be lacking a lot of secondary sexual characteristics. I even went and talked with some of the people in /mtfg/ and they said I should maybe check with a doctor to see if I have hormonal issues. With a lenient definition, I could technically be intersex, but I'm fine being called a male, because that's a biological reality. When I'm called a man or a woman however (and I do get both), neither of those "feel" right, and trans people shouldn't be giving me shit about that, when half the time they're using that as their defense.

Here's a pretty good video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmKix-75dsg
The only thing wrong with it is that she says she doesn't label it, when I'd label it as agendered. She doesn't identify, and since it's been established that gender is if you "feel" like a man or a woman, if you feel like nothing or a mix, that ought to have a name too. Personally I'd call it agendered for if you feel like you're neither, and non-binary if you feel like you're both. No one has to respect that though, and I sure as fuck won't be shaming people for 'misgendering' me. Because I actually don't care, because I don't identify with either, and so one being denied or implied isn't going to hurt my feelings.
In a way, I do wish xi/xir/whatever was a thing, but I'm fine with it not being a thing as well.
>>
File: house face original.png (213 KB, 311x353) Image search: [Google]
house face original.png
213 KB, 311x353
>>5855894
>mfw when people still need to put people in gender boxes
>>
File: 5bT4nBP.jpg (16 KB, 329x369) Image search: [Google]
5bT4nBP.jpg
16 KB, 329x369
>>5868244
>mfw when bearded men whos proud of their beards and think wanting to wear a dress one day makes them "between genders"
>>
>>5868253
so bearded women aren't women?
>>
>>5868253
no I agree, desu, but gender is also a performance. Go read Gender Trouble. (or actually, since that bitch is notoriously confusing, read an analysis of it)
>>
>>5867880
These "isolated" tribes have transgender concepts and homosexual bro-love bonding is normal.

Honestly we are catching back up to them. They had two-spirits and such too. And the two spirits made the culture, senpai. Nobody would talk to each other except to go to mutual friend's houses.
>>
>>5861320
You know that you can't choose your gender, right? You certainly didn't choose to be bisexual did you?
>>
File: how about no 2.gif (811 KB, 229x188) Image search: [Google]
how about no 2.gif
811 KB, 229x188
>>5861320
enjoy your internalized patriarchal bullshit anon.
>>
>>5866616
I'm agender and I actually want both
>>
>>5866663
And you say that because you know him better than he does?
>>
>>5855894
I'm asexual. I guess maybe it's because I have no ability to be attracted to others and have zero sex drive which is why I don't feel like anything. My body is just here, I just do what I have to in order to accommodate its needs. Doesn't matter what parts it has. I dunno if that puts me as whatever agender is, but I honestly don't see myself with a gender.
>>
>>5868390
I'd call you agender.
>>
>>5868409
I suppose so then. When you have no way to define yourself sexually, I guess it really messes with your perception of yourself.
>>
>>5868376
Who are you to try and belittle his participation in discussion of the shared common meaning of the words cis, sex and gender?
You don't own them, so stop acting like you do.
>>
>>5855894
agender people are very similar to their genders - they don't exist

male faggot
>>
>>5856679
>Dat file name

You sure you're gay?
>>
File: not-in-kansas.jpg (34 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
not-in-kansas.jpg
34 KB, 400x293
>>5872063
Yes.
-Dick tastes yummy,
-That's the file name that came up on a google image search for "I don't care gif."
-And IIRC Judy Garland was a gay icon/meme.
>>
File: friskgenderframe1.jpg (51 KB, 737x814) Image search: [Google]
friskgenderframe1.jpg
51 KB, 737x814
>>5861301
>It's impossible to present, even if it's not intentional, as neither gender. Unless you're wearing a box that covers your entire body you'll always look male or female

This is why we spend our lives on the internet, you see. If you saw me in person, you would make presumptions, but as you are right now, reading this text, you aren't assigning me any gender. Which is comforting for us agender people. Or at least it's comforting as it pertains to me and my dysphoria.
>>
>>5867434
>agender
>radfem/sjw

Doesn't suprise me senpai
>>
File: 1455015636544.jpg (12 KB, 259x365) Image search: [Google]
1455015636544.jpg
12 KB, 259x365
>>5867605
How the fuck do you know that? You seem to just be conflating gender identity with gender roles/expectations.
ie.
>I'd accept it (and enjoy my female privilege that vastly out weighs the mythical male privilege).
>>
File: GetSwifty.png (164 KB, 599x593) Image search: [Google]
GetSwifty.png
164 KB, 599x593
>>5867755
Newsflash; If you don't care about your birth sex it means your comfortable with it and would likely be uncomfortable with the opposite. You're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>5855894
Female, bisexual.
I don't care, personally - whatever they identify as is their own business, I don't have anything to do with it. If they want me to adress them as "they" or whatever pronoun they want, I'll do it, why not.
>>
>>5868331
By 'choose', I mean do some introspection and decide which gender you want to present as based on your level of dysphoria. Humans have genders, so unless you think you're not human, genderless isn't an option.
>>
>>5873800
>humans have genders
agender people don't have a gender, that's actually the point
>>
>>5855894

Goddamn it with this snowflake crap. I'm a psychologist, I won't allow my field of study be tarnished with social science bullshit and "critical theory" craptalk. We look at brains and functioning, and there is no research to suggest agender or genderfluid or any of that wank is real, so go back to your humanities cancer containtment room and stay there.
>>
>>5874315
genderfluid is real because i am genderfluid. so fuck off, shitlord
>>
File: 1452100084312.jpg (120 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1452100084312.jpg
120 KB, 1200x675
>>5874403
>>
File: bmefb0hasqazonx5axo3.jpg (53 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
bmefb0hasqazonx5axo3.jpg
53 KB, 636x358
>>5874315
A psychologist that doesn't want his soft science tarnished.

Mmmmhmm, well you've got larger tarnishing problems than snowflakes imputing their notions into your field; because all that fabricated and falsified data psychologists have been generating fucked your fields validity waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than any confused rainbow haired tween ever could.

My advice teach your colleagues basic research ethics before trying to kick other soft sciences out of your sacred field.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 500x750
they are fine. I'm an asexual cis woman, and Ive noticed in my own life that asexuality seems to be linked with being agender. Neutrois people wig me out (disphoric and wanting to remove any sex characteristic of any gender) I've also met some agender people who later came out as trans men.
>>
>>5874461

Why not do both. Don't ignore the point that genderfluidity currently has no place in anything like the DSM by trying to tell me about some other issue. Idiot.
>>
>>5855894
Apathetic.
Bisexual femboy
>>
>>5856136
very observant of you, senpai
>>
>>5874469
refers to gender fluid as
>confused rainbow haired tween
psych major pretends I am ignoring his point with a defense for genderfluids.
kek

Here's my point. Your field's a farce already.
They could include dragon kin, radical feminists, and every other tumblr tag within it; but it wouldn't damage psychology anymore than what psychologists have already done to damage their own field.

Oh and the DSM's beyond the point of corruption too. If a drug company came up with a pill for something like "otherkin dysphoria" you jagoffs would make up a disorder it treats, then falsify research to support it.

Right now your fields only slightly better than pure frauds like the homeopaths.
>>
>>5874512

If you want to talk farces go to Tumblr for a while and listen to their bullshit. I won't sit here and read the ramblings of someone who likely doesn't even study the subject and doesn't know the first thing about peer-reviewed articles. Go cry rape somewhere else you single minded creep, you're right to be ostracised from society.
>>
>>5855894
Don't care unless they claim they're trans.
>>
>>5874532
Well I do know that last post looks an awful lot like a cognitive dissonance coping mechanism to me.
>>
>>5874548

And now you proved that you don't even know what a popularised psychological term means and use it incorrectly. Thanks for arguing my side with your ignorance.
>>
>>5874559
Your point being that I am a lay person in psychology? Yeah, guilty as charged. I am not wasting my time getting a degree in your soft science.
>>
>>5874580

Then don't presume to know about it.
>>
>>5874586
Okay, how much do I need to know about astrology before I call it bunk?
>>
>>5874596

Good question. How much do you need to know about flaws in research and statistical methods to substantiate your claims?
>>
>>5874611
less than a psych major.
>>
>>5874618

Do you realise how dumb you sound now?
>>
File: 3336559-d225e551.jpg (33 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
3336559-d225e551.jpg
33 KB, 960x540
Live and let live. If someone wants to be Agender, Genderqueer, Otherkin or whatever and it makes their life happier, why am I to judge?
>>
>>5877999
Oh also, gay trans-female
>>
>>5855894
if youre talking about actual gender then agender isnt real.

if youre talking about gender identity, then I dont care and never will.

agender ppl are alright as long as they dont try to force their weird philosphy on everyone, which is unfortunately almost always. theyre also almost always early twenties and younger and therefore obnoxiously cliquey
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.