[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /lgbt/ feel about lesbian/gay couples adopting or having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: lesbianfamily.jpg (55 KB, 468x589) Image search: [Google]
lesbianfamily.jpg
55 KB, 468x589
How does /lgbt/ feel about lesbian/gay couples adopting or having children? Especially for lesbians - would you just adopt a kid or go to a sperm bank to have your own?
>>
i'm against because of promiscuity, childen need stable and responsible family.
>>
>>5854643
Lesbians are among the least prmiscous eoe out there. Our steretotype is moving in too soon and not having sex after a while.
>>
File: 0atKwrR.gif (180 KB, 384x264) Image search: [Google]
0atKwrR.gif
180 KB, 384x264
>>5854623
This is why lesbians shouldn't raise kids
https://youtu.be/ozBMFYnunrI
>>
>>5854678
The funniest shit though is when they say that kids it's wrong how kids are taught to label skin colors at a young age, but their poems name is "dear future white sons" also what band aids are these pale hags using? I'm a dark skinned latino and band aids match my skin tone better than it does white people.
>>
>>5854623
Lesbians are fine. it's why women are all a little bisexual, because if their cave husband died, they would pair up with another woman. women's main role in society is to raise children and so nothing weirds me out about two women raising a child, its pretty much the same as being raised by a single mother.
Two men, i'm against. neither is a nurturing caring parent, in the same way a mother is, neither is entirely family oriented and both are most likely too promiscuous. men's role is to impregnate young women, and protect their offspring and current wife from danger, not to raise kids.
also for whatever reason, they always want male children, which is slightly creepy
>>
>>5854623

Well, I would be suspicious if two lesbians tried to adopt a girl. I once read in an article that the eldest child in a family is actually more likely to molest their younger siblings if they're female than if they're male. I haven't been able to find it again, but I've remained wary of women since.

I'd be suspicious of two gay guys trying to adopt a boy as well.
>>
I think it's pretty selfish to put children through that just because you want to emulate straight couples, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>5854674
>Lesbians are among the least prmiscous eoe out there
But the highest in domestic abuse.

There's no winning for queers.
>>
>>5854731
I'm sure those adopted children would rather have no parents :^)
>>
>>5854769
children rarely know what is best for them in the long run
>>
>>5854731
Your opinion is shit.
>>
>>5854730
>fear of all because of a few
Get psych help, you need it.

>>5854731
>just because you want to emulate straight couples
and it isn't possible for gays and lesbians to have strong nurturing instincts?

>>5854733
Lesbians were also most likely to be abused by their parents. It is also been shown that those who were abused as children are much more likely to abuse as adults.
>>
>>5858830
>also been
also has been
>>
There are too many children out there to prevent gay couples from adopting. Whether you want to think straight couples are the "best situation" for a child or not, the simple fact of the matter is that there are not enough straight couples adopting children to match demand.

Roughly 30% of all children adopted in the US are given to single parents (mostly women) and even the most virulently homophobic Baptist preacher probably can't make the case that a single mother is a better household for a child than a gay couple.

Also there has never been any reputable study to indicate gay couples are any worse parents than straights.
>>
>>5858848
where i live it's so hard to adopt
for every child who's there to adopt there are 3 couples who want it
only perfect couples can adopt
>>
I remember long term study coming out that lesbian raised children came out just slightly better. Conservatives made points against it saying it didn't count cause all the lesbians were well off financially and in stable relationships when they decided to adopt as opposed to the average family that's often cause by poor mistakes. So they cried that if you measured these lesbians against other well off families instead of the average they wouldn't be that much better. And it's kind of true. But then that just makes the point that gays are still fine to raise children since it's not like they fucked up the kids and it implies that gays are responsible in child raising because they wait till they're financially stable and older.

Though there's exceptional bad cases like some molestation/abuse. But then I think if you look at the average level of abuse/molestation most adopted/foster kids get (which is damn high) and compare it to the abuse/molestation of those adopted/fostered by homosexuals you wouldn't see it at higher rates.
>>
>Especially for lesbians - would you just adopt a kid or go to a sperm bank to have your own?

Adopt for sure. Preferably multiple kids if they're siblings. I don't wanna break that up and actually would prefer that.

I'm a lesbian looking into adopting within a few years with my wife. We just married though so wanna wait. It's still something we've planned. Right now we rent but only because I know I'm inheriting my parents house and she's inherited a farmland not more than half an hour away already. So currently paying for the foundation to be fixed and the floor to be sanded/waxed again and later on adding an extra room for kids and larger kitchen, then finally redo the roof and outside paneling of mine. Our largest goal is to buy the adjacent house and tear it down for a larger property. Hers we're letting her cousin rent a trailer on right now but after we're settled with this project there's gonna be a small house and my parents would likely live there.

The only static I've gotten from my family is this pressure to adopt within the family. Lot of shitty cousins that got pregnant too early or are just pieces of shit druggies unfit to raise kids. They'd rather I adopt/foster those kids than risk them going into some group home or strangers foster home. I'd do it but my issue is having some shitty cousin thinking they have a say or later they actually get clean and want the kid back after. Plus it's all very "MAYBE we'll give you the kid only if worse comes to worse and CPS gets involved?".

But that's also my concern with adopting too since you can only really foster a kid until both parents drop their rights and with a missing out of touch father/mother that shit is impossible. I wanna give my kids stability not "oh yeah raised by these two dykes fine for a decade but look your absent mother came back and took you away to a new shit life".
>>
>>5854623
Well adjusted gay couples who are married/long term are natures adoptive parents.
>Gay penquins.
>Hostile conditions,yet still well dressed.
Just don't adopt to any demographic that has a high incident of domestic violence.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.