[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I think about my male body/testosterone I get the shakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
When I think about my male body/testosterone I get the shakes and feel this sudden wash of anxiety and fear. Is this what dysphoria feels like

Note: never noticed this directly until last night when I was stoned
>>
>>5853462

How old are you?
>>
24, but I recognise this feeling from way back, since I was like 6. It used to flare up constantly, sometimes randomly, and make me sob uncontrollably. I started hard-core repressing it when I got older cos I didn't want my parents to think I was weird for wanting to be a girl
>>
>>5853462
I had this issue as well growing up, but to a lesser extent. But I've essentially settled into my body. I'd be happier as a girl, but it feels like I've waited too long to make that change. 24 as well.
>>
I feel worried now that if I get on E it might actually get worse though. Like, if it's my body telling me it needs more T rather than E, what if it'll trigger me more. Or am I making excuses for my transness still?
>>
>>5853462
congratulations, you're actually a girl
>>
>>5853763
Well, OP's "self" is.
Her body would like to have a word with her though.
>>
>>5853462
>Is this what dysphoria
>>5853575
Sounds like it. Dysphoria can come in many different ways, and no two people are alike.

>>5853623
If the feeling are to be a girl, than adding T will make them worse. Your anxiety will go through the roof.
This is old, but still very valid.
http://www.avitale.com/treatmentoptions.htm
>Before I get into treatment options that have been found to be helpful, I want to discuss a treatment that does NOT work. I have been asked repeatedly why a crossdresser or gender dysphoric male isn't given testosterone shots and why a gender dysphoric female isn't given estrogen? The reason is that gender dysphoria is far more complicated than that. Even though hormones have a strong effect on secondary sex characteristics, libido, and mood, they have no effect at all on gender identity in adults. There is some evidence that the male sex hormone testosterone plays a part in establishing male gender identity in newborn babies. However, that appears to be about the extent of its gender influencing ability. Furthermore, people who undergo hormone therapy are given a thorough baseline physical examination as part of the treatment. Medical records show that with only rare exceptions, the testosterone and estrogen levels in both males and females typically fall within the normal range for their genetic sex.
>The problem is that unlike non-dysphoric individuals, people with gender dysphoria experience these otherwise normal hormone levels as the source of much anxiety. When testosterone is administered to a gender dysphoric male there is an immediate increase in anxiety. Conversely, when the same individual is given estrogen, he typically reports experiencing a profound sense of well being. Gender dysphoric females report feeling a similar sense of well being when given testosterone.
>>
File: (13).gif (1018 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
(13).gif
1018 KB, 500x281
Yes, dysphoria can feel like that. For me, it was like a crushing dread at the thought of becoming more masculine; at testosterone continuing to do its thing; at the current male features of my body. Like jealousy whenever I saw women, for the body you wish I had. It was looking in the mirror after getting out of the shower and hyperventilating from how much I hated my male features.

It can feel a lot of ways depending on the person, and because it's so difficult to put into words, even two people feeling the same thing may describe it differently. There is one, key commonality, though -- intense anxiety over the things that make you a man.
>>
nobody going to suggest that OP's actually been experiencing depersonalization and derealization

ok
>>
>>5854490
weed turns people trans
>>
>>5854494
*weed turns transvestites into transgender snowflakes
>>
>>5854494
no, weed releases the inner transgender out of the person.
>>
>>5854490
Depersonalization is a separation from your identity as a person. It's very different from what OP is talking about.
>>
I felt this way most my life, it just got like way more noticable coz of the weed jeez u goyz. And I do totally consider myself a person. I just look like a weird hairy ape-type thing and not how my brain is telling me.

I didn't even get to blow a guy that night suxx
>>
>>5855038
i k t f
the same thing happened to me
>>
>>5854494
I smoke weed and have depersonalization and I'm trans and its all separate.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.