[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The idea is that in part, dysphoria is caused by the wrong hormones.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1423391454268.jpg (35 KB, 572x380) Image search: [Google]
1423391454268.jpg
35 KB, 572x380
The idea is that in part, dysphoria is caused by the wrong hormones. Give random man on the street estrogen for a while, and soon he will develop dysphoria.
Well, what happens when dysphoria gets worse after hormones, but not in the expected way? That is, why would dysphoria for a potential MtF get worse on estrogen, feeling worse and worse and the desire to be a girl felt even more?
>>
>>5848286
Because before they started estrogen there was at least some hope of things working out. After being on estrogen for some time, the hopelessly unpassable tranny realizes that there is no hope, and that is a depressing thought.
>>
Because mtfs are venomous, borderline homicidal with envy over what they still can't have. It's never enough for them.
>>
>>5848305
It's knowing that no matter what you do in life or how successful you become, the most you'll ever be is a cheap imitation of what you really want to be. It's not just a depressing thought, it's the kind of thing that starts to damage your soul.
>>
>>5848286
But in this case, the problem isn't that they're on estrogen. It's that they were already fucked up by being on testosterone, and look freaky, like some half man-woman being.

If the same person hypothetically could take estrogen before puberty, they'd have a good reaction.
>>
>>5848286
bmp
>>
>>5848286
it's the often sad realization that you are and always will be a hon. enjoy!
>>
>>5848286
Even if people feel better on certain hormones it works against their life situation and general psychological situation, it's not like heroin where you just get high no matter what

I'm not MtF so here I'm just guessing, but I imagine the way it works is kinda like learning a new skill, at first you're hopeful and motivated cause you see improvements and don't have enough experience to judge yourself accurately, then you hit a wall of knowledge where you have enough experience to tell how shit you are compared to everyone else (and how many difficulties you'll have) and you will generally feel less motivated, even if you get closer to your goal it seems to get farther away cause you judge the distance accurately, when at first you don't really have a clue what you're getting into

Except for trannies they might also hit a wall of realizing they won't hit the goal at all, which is way worse than the regular "shit I might need to work much harder than other people to achieve the same effect much later"
I've personally had my anxiety worsen in treatment in a similar way (after an initial improvement of course) so I may be projecting
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.