[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many trans people hate gender roles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1456465349866.png (763 KB, 607x579) Image search: [Google]
1456465349866.png
763 KB, 607x579
If you are trans, that must mean you care about gender roles. If you didn't care about gender roles, you would just act the way you want to act while staying your original gender.
So why do so many trans people complain about gender roles?
>>
The more they say they hate it the more it is part of their sexual behaviour in the bedroom. FACT.
>>
I can't speak for anyone else, but my problem is with my my body, not my "role," otherwise I WOULD have just kept acting the way I wanted while staying my original gender
>>
>>5847209
this
>>
>>5847228
this
>>
File: bait3.png (29 KB, 341x249) Image search: [Google]
bait3.png
29 KB, 341x249
Ignoring gender roles is not gonna give me tits any day.
3/10
>>
>>5847100
but OP, I acted the same way before and after transitioning
>>
>>5847307

This.

>>5847228

But not this fuck that guy.
>>
Cuz they're not trans. But actually because they couldn't express themselves before transisitoning
>>
>>5847209
Same here. I don't give a shit about gender roles, I act however the fuck I want to. It's my body that's the problem.
>>
>>5848204
Your body isn't a problem, its your perception, just like anorexia.
>>
>>5847100
gender roles are completely seperate from my appearance. not being able to act myself is an inconcience but it isn't as depressing as when i look into a mirror and see someone I don't know in front of me
>>
>>5848225
Well, I was anorexic for most of my life, and starting to transition has let me be at peace in my own body for the first time since childhood, so whatever. At least I'm doing better now. I tried years of therapy, psychiatric medications, and "working on myself" trying not to be trans, and that got me nowhere. If I can't fix my perception, but I can change my body in a non-lethal way (it's completely not comparable to anorexia) and improve the way I feel about it, then you can sure as hell bet I'm going to change my body.
>>
File: 1455565031428.jpg (43 KB, 636x599) Image search: [Google]
1455565031428.jpg
43 KB, 636x599
The answer to the OP's question is that you're using "trans" both to mean "transsexual" and "trans* bullshitters."

There are people who act the way they want to act and stay their original sex, some of them call themselves "trans" because they enjoy bullshit.

Most transsexuals are on average more comfortable with the notion that gender roles are a mix of social constructed stuff and also biologically influenced average behavioral differences.

Many but not all transsexuals I've met seem to also value the social value of the "construct stuff." By construct I would give the example of like, fashion. An mtf could feel comfortable wearing a skirt while out and about, and be like "woah wtf" when a bearded football player walks by in the same skirt, just as many of their cis peers would react.

So yeah, my take is that whether intentionally or not, you're pointing out some of the trouble with terms like "trans" becoming so broad. Its like asking why group A and group B aren't the same thing when from some perspectives they are components of a larger umbrella group.

I think a similar question to the OP could go:
If you are white, that must mean you are voting for Bernie Sanders. If you wanted to vote for Bernie, you would register democrat and participate in your primary to support him.
So why do so many white people vote for Donald Trump?

To say that if you are trans, you MUST care about gender roles is an incorrect statement. "trans" umbrella has lots of whacky sub groups hiding in its shadow saying all manner of incoherent off the wall garbage.
>>
>>5847100
I see them bitching about gender roles, but then transitioning and becoming the stereotype of the gender they identify with. Go figure.
>>
>>5848225
No, pretty sure my body is a problem.
Even if I wasn't trans I still have endometriosis. That's a pretty big bodily problem.
>>
>>5848252
because you think of yourself as a stereotypical female.

Because you have some idea of what being a female is and would rather be that. But since you aren't all you can do is make a bad mockery. Thus leaving you empty and unfulfilled for all of your life, which is why most trans people commit suicide regardless of acceptance or getting whatever treatment they want.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.