[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of the perks of being a hindu? Shiva doesnt stone gays nor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: shiva.jpg (238 KB, 833x1000) Image search: [Google]
shiva.jpg
238 KB, 833x1000
One of the perks of being a hindu? Shiva doesnt stone gays nor does he or any other scripture command anyone too also any other lgbt hindus out there esp. from western countries?
>>
Buddhism has Guanyin, a spiritual figure often portrayed as a man who transformed into a woman, and long regarded as a validation of non-cis gender expression.
>>
>>5820504
you have the chance of being reincarnated as a cute gril
>>
Shiva is a demon and that's why he allows such degeneracy.
>>
>hindu
>from western countries
isn't this an oxymoron
>>
>>5820504
yet hinu communities are conservative as fuck
>>
File: SMTII-Alder.jpg (496 KB, 1456x2312) Image search: [Google]
SMTII-Alder.jpg
496 KB, 1456x2312
Not a Hindu gay at all, but they always had the coolest Shin Megami Tensei demons along with Norse Mythology.
>>
>>5820972
What? There's tons of Hindus in Canada since we have a pretty sizeable Asian population. I've never even had to go out of my way to find them and I've met 3 or 4 coworkers or acquaintances that are Hindu. So it's easily found in western countries.
>>
Shiva is half-woman, like us all.
Really, discrimination against homosexuals is a rule-disorder in religion.

It's what happens during a population bottleneck
It wouldn't be as big of a deal, if books were not a thing. But magic happens, then God comes and sweeps it all away, and then magic happens again, and god sweeps it away.
>>
>>5820990
It's Vishnu's fault.
>>
File: Guanyin Bodhisattva.jpg (669 KB, 731x999) Image search: [Google]
Guanyin Bodhisattva.jpg
669 KB, 731x999
hinduism, buddhism and all those are aesthetic as heck
too bad i dont know shit about it beyond "bro inner peace man infinite cycle"
>>
>>5821617
Life is suffering
We can only end the suffering from removing all desires as then we will be in need of nothing
This is nirvana

The schools of Buddhism tend to fuss about what is the best way to get to nirvana.
Buddhism is a pretty gnarly.
>>
>>5820504
Just like all religions, it's a bunch of superstitious mumbo-jumbo that is interpreted in a million different ways.

If you want to believe in it, go ahead. But I think it's just as retarded as all Abrahamic religions.

No need to point out the fedora btw. I know it's on my head.
>>
>>5821617
Alright, you know how transpeople try to emulate people they admire in order to fix something they feel is missing?

Buddhists and Hindus are the same way. Many of them worship a god that is close to their ideal self.

Eastern religion is like being trans-god. Like how they feel they don't associate with the body. Except for a Buddhist, it's invariably connected to helping others, to a Hindu it's about doing what you must. Like how they believe in multiple-lifetimes.

This infinity, idea is the real concept that needs to be grasped. All this peace and love shit, the golden rule, it's all about this. If you are infinite, then you will go through every concievable thing. A buddhist will know, You are gonna be that person you help. A Hindu knows that you gotta be prepared for everything.

Both of them knew that what you admire, and also what you fear, they impact you. And if you believe in them enough, you might even remember those ideals, and if you can do it throughout full infinity, then you're awake. If everyone can do it, then there's no point. So to worship Guanyin, is to say, "I will be compassion and forbearance incarnate, and help everyone"
To be like Shiva, is to be a protector of the truth, even painful truths, to be always knowing about the cosmic dance, and infinity, his name is literally Water,fire,earth,air, it also means "Having what you need, and the best mindset for it at the time"
>>
>>5821749
This is connected to how the ancient greeks and romans, prior to chrsitanity, thought of trans-women. Who were called Galli. look into this stuff, it's really interesting, because their temple was a haven for homosexuals, and about feelings.
>>
Just look how chill your typical Hindu is compared to your typical average Muslim is it seems .

Unless I am literally in some isolated Indian village outside of civilization I wouldn't suspect a Hindu of anything shifty.

Polytheistic religions are usually way less nuts than monotheistic ones once you're past the human sacrifice stage. Abrahamic religions are plain nutty
>>
>>5821998

This is very misinformed. Monotheistic religions have ushered in golden eras of peace and progress as well. Violence depends on other factors such as economy, resources, geopolitics. Religion is usually fuel for the fire, but not the spark
>>
>>5820990

My local temple was really chill on trans and gay stuff, more rigid on the differences between what women and men are expected to be and act. But if you are trans and in a sari and obey the women rules they have no problems
>>
>>5821749
Awesome.
>>
>>5821605
yeah blame non existent gods

>>5824062
when in Rome act like romans do~
when in West dont be militant
>>
>>5820504
Where can I learn about hinduism?
>>
I call myself a Buddhist but the nearest temple is pretty far away from my house so I don't go
I just realized I have no responsibilities today and can go ask what advice they have for dealing with being trans
Hopefully there's someone I can speak to freely
>>
>>5825455
Ok, after looking the two temples up online, none of the monks speak English and there's no Buddhist group at my university
Guess I'm getting all my religious training from a book again
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.