[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtF Voice Bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: unnamed (9).jpg (23 KB, 337x436) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (9).jpg
23 KB, 337x436
Thing is, my voice isnt the maliest there is, but i cant seem to get a semi-passable voice. I've seem videos and went to some links and it all seems like some BS. I talked to a trans thing here where i live about it and its all just a bunch of hons like "your voice is fine" and im like: nope. Thing is, do you guys have any tips or useful links that helped you any? Thanks in advanced.
>>
I cant help but I'll bump this thread for interest. it really feels like my voice will never pass no matter what i do
>>
If you can track down CandiFLA's voice tutorials that used to be on YouTube (she took them down, apparently!) they were amazing. Her guide to gaining a feminine voice were the only ones I used, and I think I have a passable voice.
>>
>>5816518
ill try to find them somewhere, thank you~
>>
>>5816484
So the thing about this is you have to train your self to achieve a more feminine voice. It doesn't happen over night, and at first it actually really tires you out.

It took me months to get to a point where my voice was undoubtedly feminine. I worked at a call center, so it was really easy to practice while on the job. You'll probably sound "super gay" or nasally at first until you get used to talking at a higher pitch.
>>
>>5816646
Yeah that's very true. It requires a lot of practise. I practised in secret for like a year before going full-time, and although my voice -sounded- fine after a year of practise, it still got tired easily because I'd only been practising it, not using it 24/7.

It's def something that you improve and develop over months of practise, not suddenly find and then keep using.
>>
>>5816662
Yeah, and more often than not your voice will change as you get used to it. So if you start of nasally for example, you aren't likely to be stuck there unless you are doing something wrong.

If you know what octaves are it makes things so much easier. Music ftw.
>>
vocaroo thread?
>>
Apparently there are voice tutorials on YouTube for sounding like a girl to troll people in online games. I'm not sure how decent they actually are since I haven't looked into them much, but you could try those.
What ive personally been doing is trying to sing along with songs that have female vocals. You'll hate your voice at first, but if you keep practicing, you'll eventually start to notice you can reach a wider range of sounds.
Another thing that helps is to listen to girls talk in public, you'll be able to pick up voice mannerisms.
Also, don't neglect training your voice to sound like a girl for when you laugh, sneeze, yell, etc.
>>
Self voice training is a hon meme.

There's a reason speech therapy is expensive, it isn't something you can do yourself at home with a few Youtube videos and be fine.
>>
>>5817324
you can, there are plenty of self-taught pasable voices, but it takes months of daily training
>>
>>5817454
>there are plenty of self-taught pasable voices
Just like there are plenty of herbal HRT passable bodies.

Don't waste your time.
>>
>>5816484
Honestly you are probably just being hard on yourself and have a perfect voice in mind.

In reality, your voice probably is passable. My mother has been called a man on the phone before and so have other natural born females I know of. Some things to note are that you hear yourself different in your head than you actually sound, and unless you have studio-quality equipment at your disposal, recordings of your voice are going to sound different than how you really sound.

The only way to know if you do in fact sound passable is to have a trusted friend, preferably female, (for me my old roommate would help me out, god bless her) tell you what they think. They can even be as good as professional help.

I wish you the best <3
>>
>>5817465
I trained mine on my own for a little over a week straight and I'm told it's pretty darn good, I can vocaroo if you want!
>>
>>5817844
Please do, and if you don't mind try to replicate what you used to sound like before.

[spoiler]I have a really deep voice and idk if I'd be able to do it without surgery.[/spoiler]
>>
>>5816484
Try posting a vocaroo of your voice and maybe someone can tell you what you need to improve it
>>
>>5816484
Enable hearing your mic and talk on skype/other voice programs, then try to slowly shape your voice in a way you like.

>>5817465
I tried that "shortcut" method from /mtfg/ OP post, plus hearing my own voice while talking to friend on skype, I think it sounds pretty passable now, and so do the people I speak with.
>>
File: Untitled.png (89 KB, 417x970) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
89 KB, 417x970
>>
File: WCz5ekc.jpg (45 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
WCz5ekc.jpg
45 KB, 600x558
>>5827953
>Ctrl+F "praat"
>0 results
>>
>>5827958
Well stop being an elitist cunt and explain?
>>
File: rocket science.jpg (472 KB, 1316x877) Image search: [Google]
rocket science.jpg
472 KB, 1316x877
>>5828047
Not that person, but I'm curious too. It looks like you can use Praat to analyze your pitch and also listen while recording, among other things. It's pretty complicated compared to WASP or Audacity.
>>
File: A_lGeA3CAAAXXh6.jpg (19 KB, 419x366) Image search: [Google]
A_lGeA3CAAAXXh6.jpg
19 KB, 419x366
>>5816484
This thread is actually good timing or true story I just decided to consciously consider my voice as I use it. What I've decided to do is read tongue twisters and read aloud chapters from textbooks in order to work on strengthening my vocal cords. Right now I am using voice to text on my phone to write this post. This is obviously a work in progress in my throat really hurts from speaking in a high voice so consistently for such a long period of time but I think this is a good first step. I've realized that I need to do a few exercises in the morning and before bed because if I do not speak before I interact with people my voice is initially very low to the point where I feel embarrassed. I need to just do this everyday and fucking destroy my man voice because if it weren't for my voice I would be way more appealing to other people or sexual standpoint. Also I quit smoking a few days ago. Hopefully that makes a difference as well.
>>
>>5828169
>my throat really hurts from speaking in a high voice so consistently for such a long period of time but I think this is a good first step.

Hm... this happened with me since when i didn't know i was mtf, so earlier i used male voice. Now i train my voice and it still hurts talking for a long time, even if i talk slowly and in calm way.
>>
I had trouble maintaining a consistent voice because I couldn't hold the position of my adam's apple in my throat without constricting all my neck and jaw muscles. What really helped was chewing bubble gum while holding the position of my adam's apple. It taught me to loosen up and allowed me to speak more freely.
>>
File: cosplay-goat.jpg (62 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
cosplay-goat.jpg
62 KB, 600x451
>>5828184
I hope this goes away with practice! My head hurts a little bit from concentrating so much on the muscles in my throat, and I don't like that very much either. I know this is for the best though so I'm making a pact with myself practice everyday because honestly I'm tired of looking good but sounding like dogshit to other people. It can really fuck with my mood because of the way that people perceive me. I think the trouble stems from the fact that I'm a baritone and I've always enjoyed singing, even only if it's just karaoke or in the car as I go from wherever to wherever. I like going deep with my voice as I sing but it's unflattering in conversation and all of that so it's got to go goddammit! I need to just let go of it. It might be the only thing holding me back at this point. I know this sounds like a ramble rant but I am still using that voice to text feature to write this so actually it feels kind of productive in a way.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.