[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transgirl scouts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: d.png (26 KB, 555x264) Image search: [Google]
d.png
26 KB, 555x264
Do you think trans should be allowed into girl scouts?
>>
>>5792057
I don't see why not, it's a great way to find friends and get some female socialization, as well as make some money selling cookies or whatever is this thing girl scouts do.
>>
>>5792057
If chemical castration stays the standard it's always been, sure.

Surely you don't want the state to meddle in private organisations and medicine?
>>
Sure. The girl scouts are a fucking joke anyway. Do they even camp?
>>
>>5792333
Any trans girl at the age where they could be a Girl Scout wouldn't be chemically castrated from hormone pills yet.
At most they would be on puberty blockers.
>>
>>5792387
It's a baby, reversible version of the above. Close enough.
>>
Only if they pass, same as everything else.
>>
>>5792057
>Do you think trans should be allowed into girl scouts?
>should

OP they are a private organization who are free to enforce whatever rules for membership that they like.

Having said that, I commend the Girl Scouts since they openly allow for transgender scouts and lesbian Scout Masters (or whatever they're called).

Despite the name and uniform similarities, the Girl Scouts and the Boy Scouts are very different organizations. The Girl Scouts is not a religious organization like the Boy Scouts is. The Boy Scouts are Christian organization, in fact they are the official youth group of the Mormon Church. The Boy Scouts were conceived as a means to train young boys to be soldiers to fight wars. The Girl Scouts were conceived as a means to better young girls.

Also, Girl Scout cookies are delicious and I always support them when I see them for sale by buy 1 to 3 boxes.

>tfw as a little kid I wanted to be a Girl Scout
>I wanted to get to wear the cute uniform
>loved its skirt/jumper, colored tie, and that cross band with the patches
>I wanted to sell the yummy cookies and make friends with other girls
>older brother was a Cub Scout
>I had no desire whatsoever to be a cub Scout like him though
>>
>>5792057

Absolutely. At that age, the cis girls are going through puberty so they're taller than the pubertally-delayed trans girls.
>>
>>5792414

I spent 11 years as a girl scout (daisy to senior) and my troop was run by some of the cattiest, pushiest, clique-iest bunch of girls/women I've ever had the misfortune of being trapped in a cabin with. As a cis girl, I can't even imagine how they would have treated a trans girl...

I still give my mom shit for making me stay with it so long. Hopefully there are troops out there that aren't run by resentful housewives with a boner for ordering other peoples' kids around. My friend and I considered starting our own troop and doing it right with real camping, art, volunteering, and whatever the kids wanted to do. Trans girls would be 100% welcome and I would tolerate 0% shit from anyone, parents or kids. Someday.
>>
File: sad jigglypuff.gif (776 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
sad jigglypuff.gif
776 KB, 500x371
>>5792594
Dang, that really sucks. But, that's a really sweet thought of you.

What kinds of activities did they have you doing, if not camping/art and such (assuming I'm interpreting this correctly)
>>
>>5792057
>handled on a case by case basis
>must be seen by the community as a girl and be living culturally as a girl
Sounds like a sensible policy to me.
>>
Yup. I think it's wonderful for trans kids to get used to and integrated with other members of their gender. And for kids to get used to and recognize trans people as just other people.
>>
But what if she has a feminine penis?
>>
>>5793258
This meme is the best.
>>
File: enhanced-20882-1454336238-2.jpg (94 KB, 625x833) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-20882-1454336238-2.jpg
94 KB, 625x833
Trans girls of girlscouts age don't just pass, they're pretty much identical to cis girls in all ways except genitals - and if that matters to you because you're that obsessed about the genitalia of children, you should get professional help before you get arrested on some playground. I agree with the case by case basis idea to ensure they're really trans though, not because the "cis boy pretending to be trans to be among girls" scenario has ever happened, but so that there's a point to bring up if some hater politician attacks the policy. (pic related: trans girl scout)
>>
>>5792057
No, because it's the Girl Scouts, not the Girl-and-Mentally-Ill-Boy Scouts
>>
>>5794119
tbqh I couldn't blame a cis boy for wanting to be a girl scout either; the boy scouts are pure garbage and yet another in an endless line of reasons why being a male sucks ass.

It's incredibly embarrassing to be associated with ass-backwards organizations like the boy scouts because of your gender.
>>
>>5793258
LOL
>>
>>5794119
wow you are right, look at that long haired boy

no girl has a head as big as his
>>
honestly, yes, she would probably make a good friend to some of the other girls especially anyone else who is a little bit different, and they're just kids sitting out an organized babysitting activity scenario while their parents get to spend the evening without them, so why the fuck not. any inappropriate behavior would get them kicked out anyways.
>>
i was a girl scout for an embarrassingly long time. it was pretty chill. there were only like 3 other girls in my 'troop' for most of the time and we were pretty close friends, so by the end we mostly just hung out at regularly scheduled times and went camping sometimes.

boy scouts as an organization sucks dick but i went on scout camping trips with my brother sometimes and it was more fun. the adults gave way less of a fuck than girl scout parents and we just ran around in the woods and played with knives.
>>
>>5794191
Trans girls are still girls, even if they're mentally ill.
>>
>>5792057
Only if they pass well enough that they don't need to disclose the fact that they're trans. This should be the universal rule for all transwomen who wish to invade the traditional safe-spaces of women, such as shelter, gyms, sports leagues, book clubs, etc.
>>
>>5794441

Really?

Let's ask the cock and balls hanging in their pants if it's a woman or not
>>
>>5794866
Why don't you get your thoughts, and intentions, away from childrens' genitals?
>>
If they pass I guess. I assume by the time most peopple realise they're trans they're well past girl scouts age for this to be an issue anyway
>>
File: GirlScout10.jpg (61 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
GirlScout10.jpg
61 KB, 432x432
>>5792057
>one of my fantasies is to be a teenager again but because of my small frame and girly behavior the other boy scouts force me to wear a girl scout uniform and I become the troop bitch
>>
>>5792057
sure. if they're at girl scout age and full time, they probably would be indistinguishable from non-trans people anyways. so what's the problem?
>>
>>5796148
Your assumption wouldn't be safe. A small majority of trans people become consciously aware of that well before puberty. Since there's a lot more acceptance, now, they're starting to socially transition with greater regularity at that young age.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.