[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> be lesbian > closeted > finally out > subsequent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: ellenpage.jpg (618 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ellenpage.jpg
618 KB, 1920x1080
> be lesbian
> closeted
> finally out
> subsequent films are all about being gay

What do you legbutts make of this typecasting? Was she not a good actress, or was coming out career suicide in the 21st century?
>>
being ~progressive~ is very popular right now, so casting a lesbian as a lesbian character is also super popular right now.

and guess who everyone thinks of when you say 'lesbian actor'?
>>
>>5787349
jackie chan
>>
She didn't just come out though. She made it a huge part of who she is. I can't even think of her without going "oh yeah the lesbian" She is a great actor, but she did it to herself.
>>
I'm pretty sure it's her idea. Like, she's gotten sick of straight women playing lesbian roles, so she wants to do it herself. I know I get sick of seeing straight cis Republicans playing gay transsexuals.
>>
File: ee.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ee.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
>Be somewhat tomboyish but also girly at times
>Finally comes out
>Now acts and dresses like a complete homo

Why do they do it?
>>
Act
>>
SAT
>>
>>5787425
>I know I get sick of seeing straight cis Republicans playing gay transsexuals.

To be fair, most of these films really want to show a pre-transition trans person, and no actual trans person is going to want to appear in a film, pre-transition, as a pre-transition character.

There was a lot of tumblr outrage over one film (I forget its name) that cast a cis girl as a trans man, and I just didn't get it. What, you really think a trans man wants to play a pre-transition trans man? That said, the director sounded like an idiot, calling the main character an "ineffectual girl" (seriously what the fuck?).
>>
>>5787346
>career suicide
i mean... obviously not if she's still making a bunch of films?
>>
>>5787497
None of what you said is true though. In response to ever trans role that features a cis retard, there has always been a whole movement of trans people complaining that straight cis hollywood was hiring another cis person, and trans actors coming forth saying how they tried for the role but were rejected because they were too trans.

So, in summary, stop lying you worthless cis shit.
>>
File: 1441652223421.jpg (58 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1441652223421.jpg
58 KB, 460x345
>>5787509
>and trans actors coming forth saying how they tried for the role but were rejected because they were too trans.

I don't believe this for a second.
Also,
>stop lying you worthless cis shit.
kek. i'd love to be a cis shit.
>>
>>5787522
You know it to be true, you're just lying again because you're dog shit.
>>
File: eyyyy.jpg (298 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
eyyyy.jpg
298 KB, 1200x1800
>>5787346
Fuck this manlet
>>
>>5788348
she looks about 14
>>
>>5787497
i'm sure there are plenty of trans people who aren't too pussy to play a pre-transition person. if a cis person can have a post-transition role without actually transitioning, the opposite can certainly be true for trans people.
>>
>>5787470
Because it's fucking hot. Don't judge the community for its signalling, judge yourself for your assumptions.
>>
>>5787509
Acting is the art of convincing an audience that you are someone you're not. Fuck you and your "representation" bullshit. It's beyond ridiculous to be mad about.
>>
So how long until she comes out as trans?
>>
>>5790914
But I don't give a shit about actors, I think they're all dog shit just like you. The only thing I'm concerned about is queers having jobs. It makes me happy when I see a queer with a job, and it makes me angry when I see a straight person with a job.
>>
>>5788348
Can't really judge a celebrity based on what theyre wearing in public. Even with all that on she was recognizable enough for someone to snap a pic
>>
>>5790923
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>5790946
>>>>>/atoilet/
>>
>>5787470
idk, a mixture of tomboyishness and femininity is the best.
>>
>>5787346
>implying Beyond Two Souls didn't kill her career
>>
>>5787346
>was coming out career suicide in the 21st century?

Yes.
At least coming out so publically, becoming an activist. There is a video on Youtube somewhere where she confronts Ted Cruz.

This whole idea of Hollywood being super liberal is just preposterous. The only thing that's allowed there are straight women in straight relationships who claim to be "bisexual" in Playboy interviews, like Megan Fox.
>>
>>5788942
Very well said!
>>
>>5787509
>straight cis hollywood
I never knew that a city could have a sexuality or gender identity.
>>5787523
Proof plz.
>>
>>5787346
She essentially ruined her sex appeal and despite Hollyweirds progressive attitude heterosexual sex and it's fantasy sells.
>>
So sad.

She used to be god-tier waifu material.
I was really disappointed when I saw her playing super-butch in the trailer for that movie w/ Julianne Moore.

>>5787509
>>5787425

lel, you again
hang yourself, you autistic cunt
>>
>>5795371
the worst of all hers is like a fucking kid, not mentally i just talk physically, she's only 1,55, a fucking kid can beat her in a fight, she's the exact opossed of "tough" or butch, just not.

and later there's people who think lesbians have more testosterone.....
>>
>>5787425

It's just acting.

Actual gay/trans people have no more a right to play a gay/trans person than anyone else.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.