[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to come out to your famm-gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: 1443866114756.png (68 KB, 403x250) Image search: [Google]
1443866114756.png
68 KB, 403x250
Religious-neckbearding-that-derails-a-valuable-thread-that-can-help-all-of-us not allowed edition.
>>
File: comingoutgen.jpg (149 KB, 1343x659) Image search: [Google]
comingoutgen.jpg
149 KB, 1343x659
>>
Step 1: Say you're gay.
>>
>>5780024
this is for traps but yes for gays that is a good start. I am moreso addressing strategy so you dont get kicked out because even the most conservative parents can be reasoned with, you just have to do it right.
>>
>>5780045
My premise is coming out to them dressedl ike a sex worker doesnt help your case. Notice I said conservative, NOT religious. You appeal to their love of you as their child, which fishnets, heels, and 'fuck me' lipstick tends to undermine.
>>
>>5780030
The most conservative parent will be an irrationally zealous advocate of traditional gender-roles where men are masculine and have sex with feminine women. They'll not deal well with a trap no matter how you try to reason with them because they won't be reasonable about it.
>>
>>5780084
I beg to differ. If they believe all those traditional values it would also hold that loving your child unconditionally should go hand in hand. I am not saying this is a golden ticket, I am saying there are steps you can take to make it less horrible.
>>
>>5780097
It actually isn't very hard to accept at all. Why are you fighting me on this? why are you tearing down my premise? Am I directly addressing your mistakes so head on that you have to deject it because you didn't think of it when you got kicked out because you showed up looking like rocky horror? Seriously this is a big issue and I am just trying to help.
>>
>>5780085
You're an idiot and !!MbLRKaEg4Bx is correct. For the same reason you don't tell you're parents that you're gay while wearing a pink g-string and holding a dildo.

You want them to accept you, not reject you as a pervert.
>>
>>5780096
Problem is that if they're big on conservative traditional values, obediance to the parent and traditional roles will come first. They might feel that you're not their daughter/son any more and freak out. You'd need a foundation of independence before talking to them probably, as a fall-back position from where you can reason with them if they react particularly bad and irrationally.

I've not had to deal with this shit though, so I probably don't know what real conservative parents would be like. Some would no doubt try to love you no matter what but their biases will make everything painful, awkward or horrible.
>>
File: 1382565428460.png (91 KB, 620x406) Image search: [Google]
1382565428460.png
91 KB, 620x406
Honestly if your parents are strongly against it I think you should respect that and keep it to yourself until you have financial independence.
>>
>>5780084
>They'll not deal well with a trap no matter how you try to reason with them because they won't be reasonable about it.

And you know this how? Personal experience?
>>
>>5780123
Basically. I dont see why this is so hard to understand. I am not saying you cant be yourself I am saying for like 10 minutes try and be someone who your parents can comprehend and on some level relate to. They cannot relate to buffalo bill or eddie izzard, so don't look like them while asking for acceptance.
>>
>>5780136
Im just going to start reporting all your shit for derailing the topic.

This was me btw; >>5780123
>>
>>5780137
No but conservative values are often based on nothing but irrational appeals to tradition. The guy was talking about "the most conservative", who are more often than not very irrational when it comes to stuff like this.
>>
>>5780157
And progressive values are often based on nothing but irrational appeals to emotion, so what?

>irrational when it comes to stuff like this.
You say this with zero personal experience, and expect us to swallow that crap? GTFO. You're arguing from a political position with zero proof of anything you say.
>>
>>5780158
You're bagging out christians again, with no reason to do so.

People like you are the reason Americans are hated worldwide.
>>
>>5780169
>I'm going to need proof that religious people are delusional
>>
>>5780124
Oh don't get me wrong im not saying it wont suck but I am trying to give advice after seeing one of my best friends make all of these mistakes and get kicked out. She is living with me now and she is a wreck because her parents disowned her and threw all of her shit out on the front yard and set it on fire. Ripped her clothes off and burned those too. She called me and when I went to pick her up she was half naked and bleeding from when her father choked her and beat her face in. She refuses to press charges and blames herself. I do too because she thought it was a good idea to show up looking like a $10 whore.
>>
>>5780175
Yet you give plenty of proof that atheists are hateful, bigoted people.

Much to the despair of OP, you can't even stay on-topic.
>>
>>5780182
>"my best friend is such a dirty faggot. She dared to be homosexual, so it's ok that her parents tried to kill her."
>>
>>5780194
>THINGS THAT NO-ONE SAID: THE POST

How delusional must you be?
>>
>>5780194
No its not okay that they did that but there were steps she could take to mitigate the risk. She fell into her own sexuality and expressed it at the wrong time to the wrong people for the wrong reason.
>>
>>5780201
>It's not being hateful or bigoted. It's being fair and punishing those that deserve it. You deserve to be skinned alive.
...for being gay or trans, or the "wrong" religion?

You bigots are all identical, regardless of the ideology you hide behind.
>>
>>5780169
Who says I need personal experience for views to be valid? There's evidence all the time of people with very socially conservative values behaving irrationally when it comes to non-het and non-cis members of their family. Social conservatives by definition hold to traditional gender and sexuality, and very conservative people will hold them tightly and find it difficult to escape their bias to do what is a very progressive act and accept a lgbt family member.
>>
>>5780213
You can misquote me and incorrectly summarize what I am saying all day but it doesnt change the fact that you are hyperbolizing my thesis to be a troll.
>>
>>5780213
>all religious people should be flayed, yes.
If thats true, then the religious extremists are right also and it must be wrong to be gay or trans.

You cant have your cake and eat it.

Personally, I think militant atheists should be shit, but thats' just me.
>>
>>5780217
There's evidence all the time of people with very socially progressive values behaving irrationally when it comes to non-trans and non-homo members of their family too. Should I give a crap about your opinion when it's based on tumblr?
>>
>>5780217
alot of them literally see it as suicide. You are killing their son/daughter, even though their son.daughter died al ong time ago and they didnt even notice. That is what kills me about this is if you didnt notice before or atleast suspect something you dont care about yourk idsat all because no matter how sneaky they are if you live in the same household there are going to be tells that can help a parent realize something is up.
>>
>>5780238
>I'm telling the truth.
Except you're not. You're just as hateful as the worst polfags, so you deliberately distort what they say to push your bullshit.
>>
>>5780231
>the way you are born = your money clip
>being a skill-less actor who doesn't deserve an Oscar = showing off
>your parents = gangbangers in the hood
>trusting your parents = trusting rapists and murders

k
>>
>>5780244
>Strawmanning and then samefagging from it = priceless
>>
File: 1445140009326.jpg (33 KB, 447x333) Image search: [Google]
1445140009326.jpg
33 KB, 447x333
>>5780238
...but I am not a christian. Notice I am not dissuading anyone from dressing or acting like this any other time to anyone else. It probably isnt the best idea but atleast do your family a favor and make it a little easier for them to adjust. That is literally all I am asking. If I was christian I would be condemning the entire concept, but yet I am not.
>>
>>5780249
>priceless = another random word from the English dictionary
>>
>>5780250
>getting BTFO for the umpteenth time
>better accuse them of lying!
>and of pedophilia as well!

>>5780257
>Ignore the point made to attack the maker instead

it's like you failed to pass your basic shitposting class. Are you Canadian?
>>
>>5780241
People will often care more about the idea of a person than the reality of the person. Do something that will shatter their idea and they'll probably react badly.
>>
>>5780268
OOhhh... that militant atheist butthurt.

You should call OP a christian again, that will get him good! it will in no _possible_ way prove you're a childish teenager trolling on 4chinz.
>>
>>5780271
Yeah, we all get it, even though you don't. You samefagged, then continued with the shitposting and ad hominems.

You American idiots are all bigots anyway. You should join forces with the religious nuts and just ban everything!
>>
File: 1446013220136.jpg (36 KB, 334x400) Image search: [Google]
1446013220136.jpg
36 KB, 334x400
>>5780266
Yes so don't shatter it, just neatly score it with a razor and tap with a small hammer for clean neat breaks that can be reassembled later at convenience.

>>5780268
Whatever you say. Sometimes you just gotta let the trolls win. If you see my post as victim blaming I will concede that, it is. Point blank I AM A VICTIM BLAMER, the same way I would blame a victim of a DUI crash for driving drunk.

it really comes down to a very simple phrase
>play stupid games
>get stupid prizes
>>
>>5780285
>don't shatter it, just neatly score it with a razor and tap with a small hammer for clean neat breaks that can be reassembled later at convenience.

Thats a good analogy actually. Mind if I borrow it?
>>
>>5780285
>Nerd Infection: The Post
>>
>>5780290
by all means. Just stop arguing with the neckbeard please, maybe he will go away.
>>
>>5780296
>maybe he will go away
I doubt it, but let's try that for awhile.
>>
But seriously, This is really big problem. I stole someone else's idea and baked a cake. I used white frosting and dyed the inside violet with blackberrys and blueberrys in angel food batter. I mixed some nice black rum into the frosting as well to give it an off white tint and a hint of booze.

I made the plate I served it on at a local kiln and wrote
"I love you both and I need you both more than I ever have before."

>When dessert came after dinner I excused myself and got dressed. I told them to wait to cut the cake until I got back, and they did.
>I walked in the room and neither of them noticed until I sat down. I asked for a piece of cake and before I answered any questions I said lets serve the cake.
>They respected my wishes and served the cake and read the plate. My mother and father asked me what this was and I told them.
>I was wearing an open neck white knitted top with a salmon scarf and dark forest green pants with a slim, not tight or skinny fit.
>Minimal makeup and flats.
>Everything was a little awkward and things got heated for a moment but was easily pacified when I suggested
>as opposed to feeling betrayed that I kept it from them they need to realize I told them as soon as I felt I could.
>It wasn't perfect but I followed my unpublished guide and nothing bad happened.
>>
>>5780389
I think you did well !!MbLRKaEg4Bx.

That could hardly have gone better under the circumstances.
>>
>>5780024
Step 2: Run
>>
>>5780530
Def could have gone worse.
>>
>>5780062
Why can't one just dress like they normally do when coming out?
>>
>>5784796
That's the whole point. Dressing "modestly" when coming out will help your case, while dressing "slutty" will make you look like you're a big perverted fake to friends and family.
>>
>>5784828
No, I mean like not crossdressing at all.
>>
>>5784857
Well, I was assuming the person coming out is trans, not a CD.
>>
>>5784872
You know what I'm trying to say. As in coming out as a mtf but not dressing like a girl, etc.
>>
I understand it's still gay, but what if I'm only attracted to traps? The thought of fucking a regular guy never appealed to me and I think it's gross honestly. I just want a sexual relationship with a highly feminized male. >inb4 fag sure I'll accept that
>>
>>5787460
Your only attracted to humans T hasn't fucked up. Pretty normal.
>>
>>5787437
OIC. Well, if you still haven't begun HRT, etc., then explaining in boy mode may be a good option for you.

Good luck anon.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.