[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Religion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
I wonder how many legbutts are religious? If so what are your experiences?

Personally I'm gay and a Christian, but my church is very liberal.
>>
File: 1450985025821.gif (12 KB, 501x504) Image search: [Google]
1450985025821.gif
12 KB, 501x504
>>5745354
>tfw literally a jew
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 300x400
>>5745354
>religion
>>
Yup, am bi and a christian. I'm not openly bi though. Just close friends and family know. They don't seem to care all that much.
>>
>>5745354
>my church is very liberal

So it's some WASPy populist bullshit
>>
i tell people that i'm Buddhist, but not very good at it
i suppose it's true, i do believe in the inevitability of suffering and that it's based on dissatisfaction with the material world. That proper attitude and conduct can reduce dissatisfaction with the world
i just don't act on those beliefs because i've found my personal suffering to be earned and bearable
>>
File: aos-107-6.jpg (91 KB, 560x310) Image search: [Google]
aos-107-6.jpg
91 KB, 560x310
>being religious
>being religious when you're a legbutt
>>
>>5745482
>dissatisfaction with the material world

And yet you're a degenerate homo
>>
>>5745498
actually i'm trans, so there's a lot of dissatisfaction with the material world for me
i personally find transition to be in alignment with the eightfold path so one day, i hope to be a better Buddhist
>>
Mtf, I was raised by traditional Anglican parents but pretty much went atheist about 14 - 15.
Now I'm 19 and kinda interested in Buddhism, although I'm not sue what school to follow and haven't looked into it too hard yet.
>>
>>5745482
>>5745522
not to sound like a dick but isn't trying to fix your body in this life just a meaningless endeavor preventing you from reaching nirvana?
>>
>>5745573
He did say he wasn't very good at it.

>>5745568
>Buddhism
Naw, just stay aethist. Buddhism is cancer.
>>
Grew up a jehovah witness and i want nothing to do with religion
>>
I'm nihilist, not sure if that counts
>>
>>5745573
probably, but from a more practical standpoint i've been taking hormones for just over 6 months and i'm much less depressed than i used to be
interestingly, i do have some anxiety about my increasingly feminine body, since i used swimming as a meditative exercise and now i have breasts so simply taking my medicine hasn't made me any better of a Buddhist
new suffering tied to the more proper expression of myself, it really is inevitable
>>
>>5745568
i haven't found a "school" of Buddhism that particularly drew me in, i just find the philosophy appealing
>>
File: 1455728939484.png (306 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1455728939484.png
306 KB, 600x700
>>5745354
My religion is Levinasian existentialist dedication to the Other. That's all there is to it as a homosexual hegelian.
>>
>>5745360
>TFW me too
>>
File: 1422308227001.png (18 KB, 546x567) Image search: [Google]
1422308227001.png
18 KB, 546x567
>>5745360
>>5745690
>>
I say agnostic because I can't really call myself christian if I don't go to church or anything, but I think I feel some sort of controlling thing.
>>
>>5745354
I was raised Christian and sent to a pray away the gay camp when I told my parents I was trans.
I don't even like guys. I just want to be a girl.
Now they're convinced I love Jesus (no homo) and that I totally don't plan to start popping titty skittles in a few months.
>>
>>5745834
>start popping titty skittles in a few months.
why wait?
>>
>>5745839
They refused to sign off on my driver's license while they thought I was under the effects of Satan. Now that I'm 18 they can't stop me. The problem is I'm fucking broke and want a cash safety net in case they catch me and decide to throw me out.
>>
File: 1418765730781.png (366 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
1418765730781.png
366 KB, 475x356
>>5745360
I believe in money
>>
>>5745360
>tfw all abrahamic religions are just jewish heresies
>>
>>5745611
It doesn't. Nihilism is a philosophy, not a religion.

What sort are you? Existential nihilist?
>>
>>5745869
I don't believe in anything not even myself.
>>
>>5745876
You sound intelligent.

Do you also have a wicked sense of humor?
>>
>>5745888
Probably not, that would take being remotely positive.
>>
>>5745876
Oh okay, so you're an edgy teen, not an actual nihilist.

Good talk.
>>
I'm like agnostically polytheist. I'm sold on whether there is god or not, but if god does exists there is almost certainly a whole bunch of them.
>>
>>5745924
*I'm not sold
>>
Agnostic

On a purely personal level I'm a polytheist. I also consider organized, institutionalized religion an anachronistic blight on most cultures.
>>
>>5745849
Makes sense
>>
>>5745465
it's a yuppy social club
>>
>>5745948
hey we're like the same. what are you (gender/sexuality)?
>>
>>5745778
Well, whether you believe or not, it's true.
>>
>>5745354
>Gay FTM here. Hi.
I hate religious labels but closest I can describe mine is agnostic athiest. Idk. I think what I suspect "god" is and what most religions say it is are two very different things.

Personally, what I believe "god" is is the thing that allows for time, space, and existence in general. Including everything we know and don't know about on a scientific level. But that's all it is really. It isn't some divine mystical being in the sky that can be influenced by your personal wishes and morals. Not unless you go out and accomplish those things for yourself or just get lucky. But even then, it'd still be "god" at work I guess.

It's still all speculation though. Idk for 100% sure and I doubt it's possible for anyone to be either.
>>
Lesbian and Episcopalian. Bit agnostic about it but not super.

I was actually first baptized mormon but my grandmother is the only one that forced that. The rest of my family is pretty non religious or kind of catholic leaning. My uncle and my first job in high are really what got me back into church. At first I was just an edgy little teen, I left the church immediatly after being baptized at 8 but it was less "ugh church" and more "ugh waking up at 8am every sunday and going with grandma pinching me if I don't pay attention". Plus they really didn't make sense and I couldn't buy that everyone else in my family besides my grandma and I would go to hell.

I got into the church in my first job because work was a coowned non profit place that worked with the church and I saw that they weren't at all forceful about it, they were very kind to everyone knowing we weren't a part of any church, they focused always on charity and helping the community rather than bible quotes. I got into helping them feed the homeless and just went to a couple sermons. It felt right for me so I later went through getting baptized again. Stuck with it some more throughout college then when I realized I was gay and I asked about it it surprised me to learn that didn't matter to them and they didn't consider it a sin, and those that did didn't consider it enough of a sin to go to hell over.

I like the sense of community and purpose and charity they gave me. I don't think I'd be where I am today without the support they gave me early in my life and try to pay if forward. Currently I volunteer teaching children robotics and getting kids into stem and education with a program set up by the church. This year is the first time it'll be implemented with their summer camp too so it's a lot more kids.
>>
I cling to my baptism as an Episcopalian because I like renaissance artworks.
>>
Was muslim for the first 12 years of my life, then christian for the next year.
I spend every day loathing myself and losing hope for the future. Religious books didn't help, so I turned to scientific explanaions.
Call me an edgy teen if you must, but I'm happiest as an atheist, personally. I don't openly hate on religion at all (unless it's doing something stupid, like killing/oppressing people), but it seems a bit redundant and I still don't quite get it, mainly because people turn to it for comfort, when all it gave me was a load of personal problems.
Not sure if I can be classified as a nihilist; I don't believe in any objective meaning or purpose to anything, but I still feel that you can (and should) try to give some subjective meaning to your life. I normally just ignore labels like that because I frankly don't care what people would classify me as, when it doesn't affect me.
>>
Southern Baptist, go to school at a high school spinoff of a megachurch down south. I guess I would consider myself to be a more liberal since I actually believe that its possible to be transgender and completely affirm the bible at the same time, but the arguments to explain the gay away seem to reach to far for my taste, although I don't really care about lgb issues as much.

My church is so WASPish that I just want to get as far away from its community after I graduate as I can, its not a bad church or school, but I kinda just resent the whole community I guess... but yeah staying in the closet until I get safely in college since I want to graduate with my diploma, not get kicked out of my school and church (and disowned from my fundamentalist, Pentecostal dad) and not completely ostracize myself from everyone who ever knew me.

I guess growing up christian and dealing with trans issues has made me take an interest in theology as I work out this whole trans thing, although I don't care about philosophy
>>
>>5745998
bi mtf
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.