[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are trans people so horrible to each other on this board?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
Why are trans people so horrible to each other on this board?

I don't really know anyone trans personally so I don't know how reflective this is of irl trans culture. /lgbt/ is generally the most chill, normie board around except for trans people shitting on each other. I'm bi, which is notoriously viewed with contempt in the LGBT community, and the most hate I get is ironic biscum jokes. But you all call each other hons and shit and there seems to be real venom in it sometimes. wtf?
>>
they're like that everywhere else, really
>>
File: 1371731017252.jpg (109 KB, 580x985) Image search: [Google]
1371731017252.jpg
109 KB, 580x985
For one, it's 4chan so everyone here acts like complete shit.

Also, the older trannys are jealous of the younger trannys, so this causes a divide.

Also, lots of trans people hate themselves, and by extension, the rest of the community
>>
>>5737466
Years of pent up emotions plus flowing hormones from HRT, as well as a strong desire to look beautiful leads many of us to fight for attention, and tear the competition apart.

Most of the chill trans girls are ones who haven't yet, or just started, their transition (like me). I assume it's probably just all the stress that transitioning brings, which makes them act like total bitches.

Though there are always exceptions. I like talking to fellow trans women for support or questions, and I usually don't get much flak.

TL;DR
I think it's the hormones, OP.
>>
File: 10978954865.jpg (24 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
10978954865.jpg
24 KB, 851x315
>>5737514
>>
Because there are so many disgusting mtfs. How can you not be disgusted.
>>
Reminder that /lgb/ is not a tranny board
Go to a forum or /b/ with your disgusting fetish
>>
>>5738699
I can't find the /lgb/ board, and that's kind of an irrelevant thing to post in /lgbt/
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
I personally have posted here before and have been ripped serveral new ones. I think the thing is that just like "real" girls a lot of them feel the need to compete with each other for attention and domination over whatever praise they might get from a guy on these boards. Something to understand is that a lot of us are alone our entire lives so just a little bit of attention is like a power trip for some. Don't get me wrong I love the occasional compliment just as much as anyone else but I feel bad being an asshole to someone for something as stupid as their looks cause not everyone has the best circumstances where they are able to have support from friends and family and start HRT. A lot of trans people are truly nasty due to the fact that they don't like what they see in the mirror, not all of us are like that though. Some of us just want friends and want to fade in to society and keep to ourselves. Personally I just want to have a decent job, find a nice husband, maybe have a kid, and keep to myself for the rest of my life. I can't speak for others though.
>>
it's mostly just bitter faggots baiting us
>>
The only kind MTF trans person I've known died in a car accident last year.

The rest have been fucking maniacal cunt witches.
>>
>>5738723
no one asked for your life story
>>
>I don't know how reflective this is of irl trans culture.

Trans people are very rare. The same people here, post on reddit, on tumblr, and populate the pflag meetings.

When that one furry mtf got locked up for molesting 13 year olds, you could actually notice the change in posting speed and topics.
>>
File: 1454302788980.jpg (21 KB, 399x295) Image search: [Google]
1454302788980.jpg
21 KB, 399x295
>>5737466
Mostly because it's 4chan, and almost everyone here is a social outcast of some sort with a number of neuroses. Another factor is that a majority of this site is right wing and vehemently anti trans which makes this specific board a target for anti trans trolling, which we see here daily. A lot of the trans people here wind up internalizing the hatred they get here and take it out onto others like them. Often you'll see them trying to distance themselves from the less passable or politically incorrect ones and try desperately to cling onto some form of legitimacy that the mob consensus here will allow them. Basically memes.

It's pretty sad honestly. This site isn't really healthy for anyone, trans people especially which is why all the successful trans have left this board and moved on with their lives.
>>
>>5740273
>tfw you just proved her point
>>
>>5740178
I'm really sorry for your loss anon. What was she like?
>>
>>5740280
Story/link to article? What was their name?
>>
>>5740368
>implying trans people hate themselves because of muh right wing bigot trolls
>>
>>5740492
>implying the majority's opinion of you has no effect on your self image/self esteem
>inb4 hurr durr grow a thicker skin
>>
>>5740515
it's because being trans fucking shitty not because some people don't like you retard
>>
>>5737466
Tough love
>>
this is what happens when u keep hating women when you transition
>>
>>5740555
>some people
>implying its only "some" people
>implying that a super majority doesn't think of us as mentally ill freaks that should be culled or locked away for the good of society
>implying the bullshit we get from society doesn't make life even harder for trans people
>>
No more than cis people. You ever see a bunch of women interact? Yeesh.
>>
>>5740643
OP here, I think this is /thread. thanks guys, we're done
>>
>>5740447
Someone that cared about everybody, no matter who they were or what they were like. Even with people that outright didn't like her, she would go out of her way to speak with them and just be friendly. Everyone I know loved her.
>>
>>5737520
i think most people who have transed for more than a year or so are pretty chill.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 1916x1076) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 1916x1076
It's respectability politics. Trans legbutts believing that trans people deserve the discrimination that they experience, believing that they can earn freedom from trans discrimination by acting "right."
>>
>>5740437
Kek. Right!
>>
>>5737466
>/lgbt/ is generally the most chill, normie board around

I disagree with this, more often than not, gaygen boards divulge into bitching at one another and I have to hide in lesgen because lesbians are nicer to me them my fellow poofters.
>>
- Because trans people in general are kinda disgusting. Every single one I've seen in person (thanks, doctors, for sending me to those 'support' groups btw) has been super obnoxious, creepy, doesn't pass at all (but is dressing in six-year-old clothes with bright pinks and whites), and sounds like a gay man choking

- Because being trans makes you really misanthropic. Since you spend every day hating yourself, you tend to hate everyone else too

- MtFs that don't pass are kinda what society uses as ammunition against all of us. Nobody wants to be a hon

- MtFs normally get pissed at FtMs because they're jealous of how FtMs normally pass with no effort after a year of HRT, but MtFs normally require massive amounts of effort to pass after 3, and often need additional surgeries anyway

- If you're non-binary, you'll get shat on because most NB people are just feminine-acting guys or masculine-acting girls, but they invite themselves into the transgender label

tl;dr - we're all obnoxious hormonal shits, and the only people we hate more than ourselves are people who don't pass.
>>
>>5743698
Oh yeah, one more thing. Putting everyone else down is a great way of building self-esteem online, especially because of anonymity. So by shitting on other trans people (a demographic that everyone hates), you can convince yourself that you're better than the rest of the trans community, and thus "one of the good ones".

I think.
>>
The MtFs can be a little on the neurotic side from time to time, not gonna say they're all like that but I've noticed a lot of them that are.
FtMs are generally pretty chill though.
>>
People on this board are horrible to each other in general. I think that the whole lgbt thing probably comes from a personality disorder or two.
>>
File: 1455326661476.png (30 KB, 453x477) Image search: [Google]
1455326661476.png
30 KB, 453x477
>>5737514
>Also, lots of trans people hate themselves
>tfw I can't hate my transness away
>>
>>5743703
>Putting everyone else down to compensate for self-esteem problems
and that's the main reason
it happens everywhere, not just in trans community
>>
>>5742461
I guess because they've gotten used to it, or are just overall more comfortable with themselves
>>
you just mean mtfs right?
>>
>>5745335
I think so. FtMs don't really kick up any fusses.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.