[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if japan is such a conservative country why are japanese games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: ShadowKanji.jpg (17 KB, 420x237) Image search: [Google]
ShadowKanji.jpg
17 KB, 420x237
if japan is such a conservative country why are japanese games so faggy?
>>
Because they are just an escapist fantasy and do not accurately represent real life views
>>
>>5733443
but why do they want to escape to a world with such perfect husbandos?
>>
>>5733445
wouldn't you?
Japanese guys and girls don't wanna fuck for a variety of reasons, but mostly just because they see it as a waste of time. In their eyes, why spend time and money on a relationship where the other person may cheat, get annoying, break up with you, etc. Go for 2D and they don't face any kind of rejection

Again, not my views but I have been living in Japan for a while and have a Japanese bf. Trust me, most Japanese men are pretty homophobic
>>
>>5733414
55% of Japs support gay marriage.
>>
>>5733456
>have a Japanese bf.
Why? Jap males all look like trannies, might as well call it a gf.
>>
File: 1455387643236.png (737 KB, 490x687) Image search: [Google]
1455387643236.png
737 KB, 490x687
>>5733456

>most Japanese men are pretty homophobic

Even the qt ones that look like girls, I've been wanting to go to Japan, just to fuck qt traps on dating apps for a while
>>
>>5734259
a) that's barely even a majority and b) supporting gay marriage doesn't make you not homophobic
>>
File: tumblr_lo7fheNFoC1qfvw97o1_500.gif (497 KB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lo7fheNFoC1qfvw97o1_500.gif
497 KB, 500x308
>>5733456

Question, do Japanese gays like white dick as much as the women do?
I'm /fit/ and masc and really want to fuck some Jap twinks, do young 18-22 twinks use dating apps for one night stands like we do in the west?
>>
>>5733414
Gay in Japanese mainstream Japanese media is played for laughs. So is crossdressing/traps. Like how British humor has a lot of men in women's clothing.
>>
File: 12393849435886.jpg (84 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
12393849435886.jpg
84 KB, 600x800
>>5734322

there is joking around putting big hairy hugh laurie or steven fry in drag and then there is shit like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sagGDsc7YD8

straight guys don't watch that for a joke, they want to fuck it
>>
>>5733414
Because it never had christianity as a major influence on it's culture.
It's always been pagan so it's conservative but in a natural and sensible way.
>>
>>5734374
Not really they still exhibit a strong collectivist nature. The nail that sticks up must be struck down. They feel they must follow the natural order of things, the way things have been done for centuries. Homosexuality in their eyes don't produce children, don't have normal marriages, and so they don't contribute to society as good japs should.
>>
>>5734335

Are you saying that the boy on the right isn't the epitome of straight masculine manliness?
>>
>>5734335
I want to fuck it desu
>>
File: IMG_1782.jpg (135 KB, 929x1249) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1782.jpg
135 KB, 929x1249
>>5733445
There are some pretty Asians out there, I wouldn't consider the Japanese to be part of that group
>>
>>5734259
Guy you are replying to here,

I have seen that poll, and yes you can get some kind of couples 'certificate' in the ward of Shinjuku now, but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't mean much. It is like being able to get married in Las Vegas, but it meaning nothing outside of that confined area,

Also polls are entirely subjective. People being polled in Tokyo are obviously going to have different opinions to someone in the countryside.
>>
>>5734318
Yeah quite easy desu. Had some guy out of no where try to pull my pants down and suck my cock in a club in Shinjuku ni chome the other week,
>>
>>5735660
This. Homosexuality in Japan isn't really seen as OMG WRONG, but more as a waste of time. It's something you can dabble with in your youth but once you hit your mid twenties it's time to find a husband/wife and have kids. Continuing to have homosexual relationships is seen as childish and selfish.
>>
>>5738234
Yep, Japs cannot into feelings. For them feelings are a waste of time and seen as impractical. You are expected to find a wife even if you are a faggot and you aren't even expected to love each other.
>>
>>5738248
Japanese couples are like strangers sharing a home. They rarely talk and never share their problems if they are not related to the family as a whole. They work and sleep in the same bed at night, that is their life.
>>
>>5734374
Phillipines are Catholic and they have a huge homosexual population. Japanese society may be more tolerant but Japanese gays have nothing to do with western gays as >>5738234
explains. In Japan being gay is seen as an obstacle to forming a family and having children, nothing more nothing less even by the gays themselves. A Japanese gay would never form a homosexual relationship because love means nothing to them. Phillipines were influenced by Catholicism and got rid of this toxic collectivism as a result.
>>
>>5738267
Japs view love as a weakness, they have not learned to value it because they have not been influenced by Christianity. Japanese gays, unlike us western gays, do not want rights or marriage. They are content having a casual fuck every once in a while and then returning to their wife.
>>
>>5738290
>Japs view love as a weakness
That's a bit of an exaggeration, but they don't view love the way many westerners do, as the main driving force in life. Love and romance are seen as relatively important, but it still ranks way way below things such as duty, tradition, honor and loyalty.
>>
>>5738309
They are a race of soulless insects in my opinion. Drones without emotion. Just see what they did to Americans during WW2. They would pretend to surrender and killed everyone at the first given chance, pretended to be injured to attract american medics whom they then killed. It was so bad that Americans killed every single Japanese captive because they couldn't trust them.
>>
>>5738321
They are also extremely sadistic. It is in their DNA I believe for there is no race more vile, cruel and sadistic. They would torture Korean and Chinese and Australian sex slaves for sexual pleasure and were known for mistreating POWs horribly. The Germans and even the Soviets were nothing compared to them.
>>
>>5738328
Even the most radical mudslime terrorist is better than your average Jap.
>>
>>5738309
>duty, tradition, honor and loyalty
Japs only follow the group. They use these nice words to coat it but it is in fact all they do. They surrender their individuality to the group. There is nothing else behind it. Japs are not honorable and loyal because they are not individuals. They are like ants.
>>
Oh my god, all these outdated as fuck views. They are not living in the Tokugawa era anymore, guys. Of course some of these traditional values still have some importance, but I can assure you as a gay that frequents the Tokyo gay scene quite often that there are gays out there who cannot think of anything worse than settling down with a wife and would never in a million years.

Yes, there are many closet gays in their 40's, and 50's, but they are from another era. Things are changing, just very slowly.
>>
>>5738199
Well. I know where I'm going on holiday next. Gonna get me some nip boipussy

Does anyone know what jap stereotypes of English people are.
>>
>>5738392
They have the whole "gentleman" stereotype. Of course not everyone will worship white dick, depends which club you go to. Usually mixed Japanese/foreigner clubs are the best for an easy fuck. Got hit on by like 7 different guys in one night.
>>
>>5738398
note to self. Buy bowler hat and cane.
>>
File: 1455327625742.jpg (442 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1455327625742.jpg
442 KB, 960x960
>>5734335
I like this one
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlvp-Zm3IDM
>>
Because bishonen and uke/seme relationships have been part of their traditional culture for several hundred years.

Being conservative means being OK with gayness.

>>5738234
Right. The idea that homosexual relationships are exactly equal to heterosexual ones isn't part of the traditional culture.
>>
>>5738356
>Japs only follow the group.
this
am i the only one who's noticed how fucking just strange the implications are about them from manga and anime? pretty much all anime and manga follow the same weird formulas. honor, HURR STRENGTH and BEING THE BEST. fucking weird shit like constantly saying 'this is...?!' when they see a corpse or something, and just straight up cringe writing. 'go get THAT MAN....' 'h-hey, it's THAT GUY'
'in other words (multiply by 1000, they say this all the fucking time). their entire everything is a meme. following the group is right since japanes culture is basically 'try to be better than everyone and base everything on worship of social status. lay down your life for the most popular group' is basically how it is
>>
>>5734335
otokonokos are kawaii desu
>>
>>5741492
nothing like male daughters
>>
>>5733414
Because it's a completely different civilization that had no contact with Europeans whatsoever for vast majority of its history.

Just because what you think is conservative is one thing doesn't mean that same thing will be conservative in Japan. A few things translate but the majority do not .

It's the same reason why racists can never agree on anything not involving Europeans, Jews or blacks - because European racial models don't work outside of Europe. That's why you have silly things like Japanese being honorary Aryans in WW2 or honorary whites in apartheid South Africa or Hitler cooperating with Arabs in WW2 - different civilization entirely
>>
>>5733456
>most Japanese men are pretty homophobic
They're less open than like western liberals but to me living in a more conservative area they're about as homphobic as people here. The thing is: Japan is a massive and yet a very compact country. So in any larger Japanese city it's not really a problem to find gay scene. And, frankly, the fact that the gay scene is more underground is a plus to me: as 2008 and later period has shown nothing good ever comes out of underground scene becoming mainstream.
>>
>>5734335
Japanese never really had masculine ideals before like the 1950s American movies showed them what the west considers masculine ideal. Even the samurai, who can kind of be considered ideal, wore make-up (and I don't mean war paint), did their hair, worse flashy colors, occasionally wore perfume and stuff like that.

So today Japan, somewhat unexpectedly, has much healthier outlook on what masculinity is than the west. For Japanese the masculinity is more in doing certain things, taking responsibility, supporting a family, supporting a wife, being brave, that kind of stuff. But there's nothing inherently un-masculine if you do it while wearing women's clothes.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.