[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't believe there are transies on this board who wouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 1453087538636.jpg (175 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
1453087538636.jpg
175 KB, 500x705
I can't believe there are transies on this board who wouldn't take a magic pill to make them cis, remove all their dysphoria, want them to be their assigned gender and revert them to their pre-transition bodies.

Why?
>>
But I want to be pretty girl, not a boy.
>>
>>5723688
Not after taking the pill!
>>
>>5723691
even "cis" males want to be women, it's just how life is.
>>
>>5723675
Because I'm happy now after taking the other pill that turns me into a gross chimera
>>
>>5723675
because some people are just insane
>>
>>5723675
Because I'd rather be content with my insanity then take a pill to be somebody I'm not.

I want to be a qt3,14 grill, and that's who I'll be.
>>
>>5723691
There is no such pill though.
>>
If you offered me this magic pill before I started transitioning then I would have taken it. I've too much work in to get to a point where I'm happy with myself and how I look to just reverse it all.
>>
I wouldn't take it because, as far as I'm concerned, that would make me a different person. It wouldn't be me getting cured, it'd be me getting killed and replaced with someone else.
>>
>>5723675
i have already transitioned, and am happy being female. Everything is much more fun, and i have a fiancé.
hypothetically, if you were to offer me a pill that could do this now, i would flat out refuse. I am truly happy for the first time in my life and i am not changing that. So id rather keep the little bit of dysphoria that creeps in from time to time.

if you offered it to me 6 years ago before i even came out i would more likely be willing to consider it, but idk if i would have...i just absolutely abhorred being male.
>>
>>5723675
Because taking it would be rendering years of working through my feelings completely pointless, I guess.
I dunno. These kinds of things are weird because you're trying to figure out whether you'd want something that you would only want once it is over. Like, I guess I would be happier, but I can't imagine what being happy with looking male would be like.
>>
That would require such a radical personality change that there is no reasonable definition in which it is still me on the other side of that pill. It's basically a suicide tablet.
>>
This >>5724122
>>
>>5723873
This.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 225x224
>>5723675

I would have said the same thing some time ago. Now I can say I would take it only if it made me an aromantic asexual or if it made me an obnoxiously gay flamer who HAS to make sure everyone knows he loves the flavor of dick and that he always bottoms ALL of the time. My parents don't deserve grandchildren or a normal son.

>>5723873
>>5724122

>implying it isn't better to be dead than a tranny that started post-puberty
>>
What if we had a pill that either cured or significantly reduced the dysphoria, but left the person's gender identity intact? I think more trans people would be willing to take that instead of a total brainwash pill.
>>
>>5723675
Not trans but gay here
Of course I would never say I would take a straight pill out loud
But inside I really would like to take it
Acceptability in society is very desirable
But no such pill exists
I think it's just denial to make us feel better about having an abnormal brain
>>
>>5724234
>implying it isn't better to be dead
i don't know why people enjoy living. i mean i'm not even suicidal anymore but if i had a gun and could just end it i'd probably do it. nothing seems so much better than all the hassle that comes with living.
>>
>>5723691
The question is: if you take such a pill, are you still yourself? This pill would inherently have to wipe a huge chunk of your memories, feelings, thoughts and experiences; is such a modified version of you closer to the real you than the you you were before?
>>
>>5729602
this

this is the main reason why i would not take the pill
>>
>>5723675
Possibly because we actually transitioned and managed to move past the self-pity stage.
>>
>>5723675
>Be considered normal by society and no longer having to deal with the issues, discrimination, have more job prospects.

I fucking wonder why? Personally I would take the pill that made it so I was always the opposite gender, but if I only have a choice of the previous one I guess it's a somewhat close second?
>>
ITT: Dirty hippies who don't believe in the use of pharmaceuticals and therapy to manage mental disorders.

Additionally, what do you all think is so appealing about being a woman?

Naturally now that women have rights and the possibility to be respected in society whilst a slightly greater level of freedom to dress and act how we please than we did in the past, men would think "ooh, I get to be pretty AND I might be taken seriously if I cross over!".

I have a trace amounts of hatred for trans people because you people perpetuate stereotypes. Admittedly, none of you have any idea of what being the opposite sex entails, and how much of a person's life it defines. You blindly play make-believe and enjoy pretending like you're something you know nothing about. When it all boils down, all you're doing is creating a fictional persona. An insultingly stereotypical, one dimensional persona of what you think you wish you were based on what you think people of the opposite sex are like.
I can't stand delusional people, especially those who refuse to abandon their delusion.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 634x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 634x440
I wouldn't because it would fundamentally change who I was as a person, and Id still have all the memories intact. Now if it made me into a cis woman Id take it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>5734409
>ITT: Dirty hippies who don't believe in the use of pharmaceuticals and therapy to manage mental disorders.
>HRT isn't pharmaceuticals
>Therapy isn't therapy
Be honest, you only support the use of pharmaceuticals and therapy you, in the infinite wisdom of your fedora, approve of.
>>
>>5734409

You don't understand gender dysphoria and what it does to a person. Also you seem very transphobic due misconceptions and stereotypes.

So check your privilege and go find some trans people in real life to spend time with, so you try and understand them and open your mind.
>>
>>5723675
Here's a question for you, OP. Suppose you had a choice of leaving your current life forever to become a slave working 18 hours a day doing hard labor, constantly being beaten and abused. You would never be free of this life, would never find love or have a moment of relaxation. You would never even have a friend again, the only people you would see are your masters who hate and abuse you. But as part of this life, you would be given a pill that made you enjoy every moment of it, more than you're enjoying your current life. Would you do it?
>>
>>5724342
Would it really be possible to eliminate dysphoria while leaving your gender identity intact? I mean that would require one to accept the possibility of being trans without dysphoria.
>>
>>5734409
Trans people don't perpetuate stereotypes any more than cis people do. Do you think having more estrogen than testosterone is a "stereotype" of women? There are plenty of trans women who don't want to act stereotypically feminine - but they just end up being called disgusting fetishists or freaks.
>>
>>5723675
Sounds like about as drastic and likely as a magic pill for a perfect complete transition.
>>
>>5734467
> Oh, it's the check your privilege meme
Not having mental disease isn't a privilege, it's called being fucking normal, m8. Yes, NORMAL. Because not having mental disease is the norm, and you're the outlier. No one is privileged because they don't feel the same level of self-hatred that you feel that you somehow ended up interpreting as an intolerance for your own gender. People deal with shit all the time. If the shit you gotta deal with is as insignificant as your little gender identity crisis, I think you got it pretty good.

Trans people don't know what they are. Anything they think the opposite sex is is a mere interpretation from the perspective of an outsider.

>>5734492
They do, and they are.
Hormone levels are biological factors. Stereotypes apply to human behaviour. Two completely different things.

>>5734465
You call HRT therapy? Synthetic hormone intake is heavily associated with cancer, because surprise, hormones control among many things the rate of cell division.
And transitioning isn't therapy. It's giving up. And after all the risks of HRT, public ridicule and excruciating surgery, the resulting creation is again, nothing more than a strong misinterpretation of the opposite sex.

What baffles me the most is how no one has an interest in even attempting to practice self-acceptance.
"I wouldn't do drugs because they would change who I am"
No, they would only help you accept who you are.
Change the gender argument for race/species and you'd be instantly admitted to an asylum.
>>
>>5734607
>Not having mental disease isn't a privilege, it's called being fucking normal, m8. Yes, NORMAL. Because not having mental disease is the norm, and you're the outlier. No one is privileged because they don't feel the same level of self-hatred that you feel that you somehow ended up interpreting as an intolerance for your own gender. People deal with shit all the time. If the shit you gotta deal with is as insignificant as your little gender identity crisis, I think you got it pretty good.
Being "normal" isn't a privilege? Do you not know what privilege is? Do you think not having a disability isn't a privilege?

>Hormone levels are biological factors. Stereotypes apply to human behaviour. Two completely different things.
That's what I said. Some trans people follow stereotypes, some don't, same with cis people.

>And transitioning isn't therapy. It's giving up. And after all the risks of HRT, public ridicule and excruciating surgery, the resulting creation is again, nothing more than a strong misinterpretation of the opposite sex.
Transition is the only treatment currently available that actually works. Why should we insist on treating people ineffectively just because of ideological concerns? Saying it's "giving up" is like saying building airplanes rather than running around the yard flapping your arms is "giving up".

>What baffles me the most is how no one has an interest in even attempting to practice self-acceptance.
Self-acceptance is already part of the transition process, as it entails recognizing that you will always be trans, and won't even be passable unless you put effort into it. But self-acceptance by itself was tried historically, and abandoned when transition was found to be more effective.
>>
>>5723675
It's called the redpill
They're too bluepilled to take it
>>
>>5734645
>Saying it's "giving up" is like saying building airplanes rather than running around the yard flapping your arms is "giving up".
The Wright brothers were fucking quitters.
>>
>>5734645
1. It isn't. I do. I do.
"privilege
ˈprJvJlJdʒ/Submit
noun
a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group."
I don't think most of the world's population classifies as a "particular person" or a "particular group". And again, if a little gender identity crisis is your shit to deal with, you got it pretty good.

2. All trans people follow stereotypes because that's all they know about the opposite gender. Always.

3. That's the shittest analogy I've ever heard.

4. "Trans" is just a nice way of saying pathologically deluded. So great, we have a treatment that accepts that you're all pathologically deluded and that you should be totally ok with it.
Not that I care. You can all pump yourselves up with copious amounts of hormone and mutilate more than your genitals without affecting me. Just don't ever expect or demand to be considered normal. When you don't even bother to try to be normal, and to accept yourself, don't even dream to be treated as such.
>>
>>5734725
>2. All trans people follow stereotypes because that's all they know about the opposite gender. Always.
That's only true if you define trans as being those who socially transition to follow the roles of the opposite gender, which is circular reasoning.

>When you don't even bother to try to be normal, and to accept yourself,
Many if not most trans people have tried that. It doesn't work. Continuing to try it WOULD be delusional.
>>
Me disappearing and being replaced with a happy boy who isn't me doesn't seem much different than just me disappearing and being replaced with empty space. I'm not suicidal. I'd rather have a somewhat embarrassing life than go away forever.
>>
>>5734745
No, it wouldn't. And that's cool. Just don't expect to be considered normal, or to be respected.
>>
>>5734788
It would be delusional though, it's basically equivalent to trying to pray your illness away rather than seek actual medical treatment.
>>
>>5734798
When the treatment is as astoundingly ludicrous as giving in to mental illness, I would prefer to wait it out until something better arose especially if you factor in the risks. But then again, I'm sane.
>>
>>5734861
The risks are fairly minimal compared to severe gender dysphoria. At worst, you'll end up a hon but the HRT by itself will still help with the dysphoria directly. And it's fairly unlikely that a better treatment will be developed in our lifetime.
>>
>>5734861
>When the treatment doesn't fellate my political views and hugbox my sexual hangups it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaad
>I sexually identify as a psychiatrist
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.