[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've got this great mentor now who's very close with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1378431-wayn23.jpg (48 KB, 445x611) Image search: [Google]
1378431-wayn23.jpg
48 KB, 445x611
I've got this great mentor now who's very close with me, and I view him as a father figure. It's been pretty life changing -- first time I've had this and I'm in my early 20s.

How can I know if he views me as a son, or cultivate that kind of idea?
>>
>>5718198
In all likelihood he already views you in this way because if he didn't there wouldn't be any closeness of the kind you're describing between you two.
>>
>>5718371
Yeah, you're likely right.

How do I continue to foster that father/son connection?
>>
>>5718415
>How do I continue to foster that father/son connection?
I think you'd be better remaining with teacher/student and push it into favored student territory.
>>
I'm mentoring a young man now. We have a father son relationship. Just be open with your true feelings, about him and what he means to you. A mentor has many roles in life, if yours is more of needing a father then talk to him about it.
>>
>>5718198
tongue slap his fart box
>>
>>5718198
That's sweet.

I always wanted to be a mentor/father figure to a young guy when I'm old. I always assumed my libido would one day just shut off but I will still want their company and to hear about their lives and stuff and have my experience validated. Maybe every now and then we could cuddle and I could give him a peck on the cheek.

There's a big step from being a mentor figure to being a father figure. It might be asking a lot if you go that far. It's a bit of a responsibility to be seen as fatherly by someone. Make sure he accepts that.

Have you considered the possibility that he is probably attracted to you? There might be some one-way sexual tension you may need to address.
>>
Embrace it, Daddy/Son relationships are amazing. Learn all you can from it, this opportunity doesn't come around often.
>>
>>5720707
How did you / how do folks develop that kind of relationship?
>>
>>5721109
It is amazing, I feel constantly overjoyed I have it now.

>>5720755
>There's a big step from being a mentor figure to being a father figure. It might be asking a lot if you go that far. It's a bit of a responsibility to be seen as fatherly by someone. Make sure he accepts that.
True true. I'm thinking about that a lot -- how to make sure it's what he'd like and how he sees it.
>>
>>5721285

:)

Are you the father or the son?
>>
>>5721418
The son.
>>
>>5721433
Nice. I'm jealous.

I'm currently about a year into in a normal relationship with a guy around my age but I still miss the daddy/son relationship I had.
>>

I started in a big brother program when i was in my late 20s. From there I studied at university for social work. Then become a mentor. Mentoring covers a lot of areas, pick one that you and your fledgling are interested in. Over the years I've become more of a father type of mentor. There are many young men that have no father figure in their life. No uncle, older brother, grandfather ect. Just have a very firm grip on who you are as a man, be honest never promise anything you can't deliver. Give a hug when they need it not when you want it.
>>
5723213▶
Continue
That was how I started.

This is what it has been like.
You get to buy him his first shaving kit, and teach him proper hygiene. Watch as he trims that thin mustache just right.
Then you get to ride alone with him white knuckles as you teach him how to drive a vehicle.
You get surprised when he jumps out of hiding on you and wrestling you to the ground.
The 3am phone call that he is running away because mom's boy friend is beating the shit out her again.
You take him to the store to pick out a flower for his girl for prom night.
Because you have gained so much trust and love from him, his single mom sees you have more influence than she does, she calls the County Sheriff claims you raped him.
He gets a part time job, you help him manage money.
Time passes he gets married names his son after you.
He remembers to call every fathers day or just comes pick you up hugs you and tells you you're the best dad ever.
>>
>>5718198
we had this the last time. I told you don't to being a fucking autistic fuck.
>>
>>5723469
That's awesome, thanks for sharing. I appreciate the write up.

What did he do to earn and maintain your love and trust?

What was your relationship like during his early 20s? What were the hardest/best things he asked you?

I'd love to hear more about your relationship, if you're up for it.
>>

It isn’t so much me trusting him, or loving him unconditionally that is a natural for a mentor. Almost a requirement.
I had to earn his trust and love.
In his late teens early 20s he struggled with puberty and sexual identity. At times he just wanted me to hold him while watching a movie. Other times he was distant and didn't want anything physical, no hand shakes, high fives nothing.
I had too answer truthfully his questions about my fellings when I was his age, very personal things I've never told another. The range was everything from did I ever think about sex with men, to do I masturbate. What is physical sex like.
He had some very difficult times with me because he just didn't understand that love and sex are two very different things.
Because we were building a relationship slowly over several years he had developed a very strong love for me as I did for him. Times of holding him sobbing out his pain of a brutal home life, to times of pure joy and victory when he passed the driving test on the third try.
He is a good looking man, and girls would work to get his attention. He mostly just did the required social norm of school dating at home coming, prom ect. In his early 20s he had a struggle with his sexual identity. How it happened was when he was with a girl their small talk would turn to what made him the happiest. He would start out about all of the things him and I did together. Girls in a new relationship with him would see the way he talked about our time together and ask if he was gay. After a few girls and rocky relationships,he started questioning himself. There isn't nothing worse than to have several drama filled girls calling you gay. Their way of thinking is men and boys do not care or need each other. That it's not right for them to love each other.
They didn't understand that between two men love is expressed by respect, a hug, and open show of feelings to each other.
>>
>>5725387
I relate to your guy getting strange reactions when he talked about his relationship with you -- I get them too when I talk about my mentor.

How did you explain your relationship with him to others? How did they react to your explanation?

My mentor and I hug, but no holding each other. I ask him wide-ranging personal questions constantly, and he's become very open with me. It's only been about 6 months, and I know him very well. And, yeah, a good number of sex questions. Sometimes it feels strange we have such conversations when we work together.

How did he help you? How did he thank you? I'd like to show appreciation and show my mentor know how much he means to me, but I don't know how to best to do it. Or, if it's better unsaid.
>>
>>5725387
And, thank you so much for your response. It's cool to hear about the experience from the other side.
>>
Remember, I started as a big brother so everyone knows I care for young boys/men. In the beginning in my late 20s I still had my own maturing about sexual relationships to sort out. I made mistakes with some of my fledglings.
Your mentor may not have a strong sense of himself, maybe he does. Hugs and holding a friend that just needs comforting should be just that nothing more.
A true loving relationship is one where you never look for reassurance from the other but never cease to reassure the other of your love for them. That reassurance will depend upon the person, everyone's needs are different.
One unspoken thank you is seeing my fledgling meeting his goals in life. One day I received a phone call that my childhood friend passed away. My fledgling was there heard and just grabbed me into a big hug and cried. I lost a friend and gained one at the same moment.
It has always been in small chatting moments when a boy would say you are the best friend ever, you are the best uncle a boy could ever want, you are the best dad ever. Some day I'm going to hear you are the best grandpa a boy could ever have.
If he is that father you have always wanted then just tell him, he is the best dad ever.
Boys need and want a dad so bad, that they will just say thanks dad when they leave me just to see what my response is. After six months with your mentor I believe you can say it. Just remember your need for a dad my be stronger than his need for a son.
Don't be disappointed if he kinda doesn't react excited. If mentoring is new for him he might be in the clinical stage, and hasn't transitioned into a true mentor yet.
Clinical mentoring is just that, you are a wizard training a successor, a master of some craft training a successor.
A true mentor not only does this but adds all of himself to his fledgling and blends that with what the fledgling is himself.
>>
Continue

You haven't said how your mentoring is organized. Is it through a sponsored established program, or just a friendly neighbor type.

This is what I am like.
I love what I do its very natural for me to care for young boys/men. Out of all the options in the world to live for this is mine.
The one thing that is always a shadow in my mine is 15 years in prison and a life time of being on a sexual offenders list.
Age is not a cutoff point to sexual offense. You can be convicted for having sex with anyone at any age.
Your mentor cares for you or he would not be there for you. Please understand every time you meet and are together he has the same shadow there. That in itself will have an effect on his relationship with you. You can show a lot of love and respect to him by how you act toward him by removing that shadow.
It is just a natural thing to want to hug or physically express your respect and love for someone that you care for.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.