[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do men's shoulders expand massively at the age of 21? All
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: contact_by_abiogenisis-d8ntp3z.jpg (470 KB, 752x950) Image search: [Google]
contact_by_abiogenisis-d8ntp3z.jpg
470 KB, 752x950
Do men's shoulders expand massively at the age of 21?
All of a sudden i've noticed a huge growth which doesnt really make sense since i thought men's bones structure mostly has no changes after you reach this age.
>>
>>5714312
There is a width expansion of the shoulders and rib cage in the 18 to 25 age range. Facial features may continue to slowly change into the thirties.

My rib cage went from a size 30 to a size 44 suit in that period. Little was muscle.
>>
Skeletons don't ossify until well into adulthood, which is why hrt is fucking magic for young people.
>>
>>5715111
what is hrt?
>>
>>5714312
There is a second stage of puberty that starts at about 20 and stops at about 25 on average. This is why an 18 year old looks absolutely nothing like a 28 year old. Your bone structure is not done changing (and your brain, either) until late in your 20s.

>>5715246
Hormone Replacement Therapy.
>>
>>5715093
>>5715111
>>5715277

21 male here. im not trans afaik, though i have doubts, but i dont think i am. at any rate however id like to stay as fem as possible. what should i do? hrt as in spiro+e would be too much iwouldnt it?. anything i can take to stay fem without going full tranny?

not OP btw
>>
>>5715093
>My rib cage went from a size 30 to a size 44
Oh god, I'm so scared now, I'm 20 right now and my ribs are still narrower than my hips, I hope I don't wake up one morning with giant ass barrel chest
>>
>>5714312
I think shoulders ossifies at like 22-25, or something like that.
You're not out of the woods of puberty just because you turn 20, there's still really bad stuff happening, almost the worst stuff.

Facial changes are pretty drastic too, for example.
http://imgur.com/gallery/lzAaC
>>
>>5716308
26 here and my ribs have only marginally changed so you still have hope.
I think they did bow out a little near the bottom which looks kind of weird though.
My rib cage grew maybe 1 inch at best since I was 18.
>>
>>5716285
AAs for life? I don't know if it will work, but keep the testosterone level in the lower quarter of normal male levels. There is an increase in T levels during that period that may require AA amounts be adjusted in transwomen.
>>
>>5718859
But what AA? Would Spiro be ok or is it too much for this?
>>
>>5718946
Spiro likely would be good because you can tune it's effects better than some of the blocking types. Stopping T->DHT conversion would also be good. DHT is the real heavy duty masculinizer. Any DHT I think would be bad.
>>
>>5719141
What about finasteride? It's not as strong but cheaper and much easier to get where i live from what i hear
>>
>>5719540
Fin won't slow or stop T production, just stop one of the two types of conversion of T to DHT.
>>
>>5719540
bicalutamide will stop T & DHT use, but not their production. It may also spur greater production of Estrogen. Note, bicalutamide doesn't shutdown T production, and in the testicles it seams to still be able to do it's job due to the very high concentrations there.
>>
>>5719613
>>5719629
So what does that mean?
Eh, i guess id better just make a thread for this
>>
>>5715277
>There is a second stage of puberty that starts at about 20 and stops at about 25 on average. This is why an 18 year old looks absolutely nothing like a 28 year old.
So speaking hypothetically if i'm mistaken for an 18 year old despite actually being 23 does that mean i haven't reached that stage of puberty yet?
>>
>>5719696
use a anti androgen like spiro to reduce testosterone and an alpha5 reductase inhibiter like finasteride or dutasteride to prevent testosterone from being converted to DHT which as been said is more potent than testosterone and is responsible for masculine features. these will prevent you from becoming any more masculine.
though somewhere down the line osteoporosis might be an issue if you don't have a sex hormone present. but this is like a couple year apparently.
>>
>>5719778
i started at 24 while still being mistaken for a high schooler and experienced ridiculously good results in spite of being 'late', including things that trolls here on /lgbt/ insist would never happen. so, potentially.
>>
>>5716318
damn, he turned so attractive
>>
>>5719876
I was thinking long-term so i guess it's not really viable to do it?
>>
>>5719970
You'd have to either adjust your dosages daily in order to keep your T at a low but present value, in which case you'd age normally (but weakly compared to your peers), or begin taking estrogen. Low enough doses of estrogen would retain bone density, won't grow breast tissue, but probably would redistribute your fat and thin your hair all over.
>>
>>5719876
standard osteoporosis remedies like D3 + calcium work fine in transgenders at stopping osteoporosis bone weakening.
>>
>>5718859
AA's without E or T for long periods will cause osteoporosis so its not feasible for over a year.
>>
>>5722658
See >>5722336
>>
>>5715277
>tfw you see you still have time because you're 22 but then you realize you're not actually 22 you're 25 so you're fucked
>>
>>5714312
Now that you mention it, I just hit 21 last year and my muscles have been developing on their own, it's weird as fuck.
>>
>>5728660

>tfw I keep thinking I'm 17 when I'm 21 and I kept thinking I was 14 before that
>tfw I repeatedly had this disorienting feeling after coming out to my parents at 20 of being able to come out when I was a child or an adolescent in that very moment, as if those periods of time were all still happening concurrently with this one, and so, they were something that could still be changed
>tfw the recurrent realization that those moments were all in the past and this is the present, with no opportunities to do what could have been done then, was heartbreaking
>tfw I keep restlessly looking up information every night on the gender transition program for children at Boston Children's Hospital, which was started the same month I turned 12 years old
>tfw I don't know why
>tfw the fact that I was at the perfect age where they would be willing to treat me but now I would be considered too old for them to treat is too much to take
>tfw I wish I hadn't been so afraid of anyone's reaction to me being trans
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.