[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> going to therapist for the first time because I want hormones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1450129350493.jpg (51 KB, 278x308) Image search: [Google]
1450129350493.jpg
51 KB, 278x308
> going to therapist for the first time because I want hormones
> we talk for a bit, he seems ok
> seems to agree with everything I say
> start talking about something unrelated
> a town I used to live in, apparently he lived there too
> drop a few loc areas and he instantly recognizes them all
> get a little suspicious so I fake a name, pretend it's a real place
> shit you not, same exact reaction as everything else
> hes been a faker the whole time, trying to pull the wool over my eyes.
This is why Im DIYing.
>>
>>5680286
I honestly don't know what is dumber, the shrink, you, or this story.
>>
>>5680286
he is going to agree with everything, and give you hormones, because he wants your money

you found yourself a perfect therapist

what's your problem
>>
>>5680347
Does anyone else see "gender therapy" as stupid?
>>
>>5680459
only if you're only there to get a prescription
>>
>>5680662
That said, it's obnoxious that there are places where you need to please them to get a prescription.

Way to poison the relationship between patient and therapist.
>>
>>5680459
No. Because there are people with crippling emotional issues and mental ilnesses related to gender.

Now many patients don't give a fuck about the therapy, only that they stiffarm the gatekeepers and dance into the endzone, and a lot of practitioners are horrible, or don't give a fuck. But so many trans people are mentally severely fucked up in one way or another, that seing a therapist of some kind is a pretty good idea.
>>
>>5680459
for getting hormones i feel the need to go to a therapist is kinda stupid. Since (in the US atleast) informed consent for hrt is really all that is needed.

therapists can be useful for some people in regards to discussing how their dysphoria affects them, and advice and such on how to adress certain things in regard to your transition.

i saw a therapist for about 1.5 years from when i started transitioning. I started hrt through an informed consent clinic, so there really wasnt any need to see one for hormones.. but they were a big help for me while i was dealing with the shit involved with transitioning.
>>
>>5680810
Does informed consent do blood tests?
>>
>>5680853
every hospital does
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.