[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when men hit on you as a woman but you are in boymode?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: notinterested.jpg (2 MB, 2290x1526) Image search: [Google]
notinterested.jpg
2 MB, 2290x1526
This happens a few times a month. I still live and work as a dude.

Men will hit on me, call me miss, invite me to their table, that sort of thing and I have to act like it's not appreciated and that I am a straight guy.

I get all autistic and retarded and start saying things like "what bro" but I am always beet red and at a loss of words.

It's super fucking awkward. How do I manage this? I am not trying to humblebrag, I look retarded when this happens and I am not trying to get fired for being a "fag" at work. What do?
>>
>>5667997
Have you considered, maybe, living and working as less of a dude, and more of a...?
>>
>>5667997
Just act normal but talk in boy voice so they get confused and question their sexuality
>>
>>5668036

I will not keep my job if I try that. I wish.

>>5668044

That's what I have been doing. I feel so guilty though lol. Some of these guys are cute and I just make them so uneasy after.
>>
>>5667997
>I look retarded when this happens and I am not trying to get fired for being a "fag" at work. What do?
move out of the shithole you live
>>
>>5668092
Ah. The old 'you don't belong to a protected class so I can commit spontaneous economic violence against you with no penalty or possible recourse' deal.

I really hate that deal.
>>
Try to laugh it off. Them hearing "what bro" in your male voice will probably be enough for them to see that you're male. Then they'll just "realize" that you're an "effeminate guy" and in all likelihood they'll be the ones who get embarrassed.
>>
>>5668308

I actually live in an OK place. I work in a good old boys type of establishment though.

>>5668343

Yep. They all probably think I'm gay but it's kind of a DADT situation.

And I've heard my bosses make fun of trannies.

>>5668358

It's hard though. I don't want to make them feel bad either. :(
>>
>>5668487
Is there at least a way out of your situation?
>>
>>5668487
When you approach someone you always run the risk of embarrassment. It's part of the game. There's no reason for you to feel bad about it.
>>
>>5668516

I'm still doing training for my type of work. Certifications and classes so when that is done I can probably get out of town with a better job.

I just wish there was a better way to handle this.

>>5668529

I'm sure that I take it worse than they do. I probably makes me feel worse in a different way.

I need to start going to a therapist.
>>
>>5668529

>someone looking at you with disgust after seeing you as a boy
>There's no reason for you to feel bad about it.

>>5667997

It sucks but you deal with it.
>>
>>5668487
>It's hard though. I don't want to make them feel bad either. :(
You're a girl...
>And I've heard my bosses make fun of trannies.
>>5668590
>I'm still doing training for my type of work.
Ouch! Yeah, do what you can to survive that and then look for a new job when done with the education.

I have a friend in a support group who is in a similar situation to yours. She has the added burden of being the sole breadwinner in her household.
>>
>>5671082
>you're a girl

I know but making them feel weird about their sexuality isn't something I like doing.

Yeah. Totally good advice. Thank you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.