[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having a hard time accepting myself as trans and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1449032025553.png (84 KB, 294x308) Image search: [Google]
1449032025553.png
84 KB, 294x308
Having a hard time accepting myself as trans and I don't want to end up like Jenner or Egoraptor.

How do I know it's the right life decision, rather than a rash one?
Is this all just some giant phase everyone is going through now that its everywhere in the media?
>>
Don't take advice from depressed children on internet boards, especially reddit. Just a word of advice.
>>
>>5653115
>don't want to end up like Jenner
Nigger, are you 66?

>How do I know it's the right life decision, rather than a rash one?
Do you have money for surgeries? Think you might kill yourself over it?
If not then its probably a bad decision.

>Is this all just some giant phase everyone is going through now that its everywhere in the media?
Never seen it in the media before I started. Heck, never seen a tranny at all before I started.
>>
>>5653115
Since you're questioning, I'm going to suggest your best course of action leads you through a therapist with some knowledge of gender issues.

I don't think you should be too worried about falling for a trend, though.
>>
idk

just do what I do

ignore it as best as you can until you can't anymore and then kill yourself
>>
>>5653343
>therapist with some knowledge of gender issues.
Do those even exist?
I've had a bunch and they all made it quite clear they have no fucking clue what they're talking about.
>>
>>5653358
They do exist. I'll admit they're a little rare for my liking. You may have to put in some research. If there's any LGBT organization in your area, they have a short list of professionals whose specialties include gender and sexuality issues.
>>
>>5653147
No surgeries but I'm out, pass, and have the letter. A long with kid stuff.
But my gender never overly troubled me before because I didnt know I could do anything about it. Though I daydreamed being a girl often it was just fantasy then.

Now with all the exposure transitioning is all I think about, I even broke down crying as I came out to my mom..

But it seems like today almost everyone and their mom is also going through trans things. Its a new way of being different and its trending.

And so while everything is perfectly set up for me I've got cold feet because i dont want my life to be some cringey phase.

...but apparently repressing your trans feelings can make you cringe worthy
>>
>>5653343
I think you've actually responded to one of my other self loathing threads.
Ive been to therapy but the lady didnt know squat and I have the letter. I'll be searching for therapy again soon but hold no high expectations..
>>
The world isn't adjusting well to globalization and the quality of life overall is in decline. In a last ditch effort to improve their situation, some people are latching onto the identity politics thing as a way of having a second chance at life, for lack of the mental tools to simply put things into perspective and realize how little improvement there would be without an excess of creature comforts, money, support from peers, etc. They either don't have it and want it or are afraid to lose it.
>>
>>5653430
>professionals whose specialties include gender and sexuality issues.
Yeah I've been to most "professionals" in the area.
If there's actual professionals, they must be pretty unknown.

>>5653441
Being trans sucks no matter what. Whether you go through with it or repress it until you do the head-first dive off a building.
It's literally a disability and my severly handicapped brother with a body that allows him to do barely anything on his own is achieving more than I am.

How do you pass though if you didnt even transition?
>>
>>5653503
Half asian so I got easymode genes. Half black and have a nice ass. Straightened hair since 6th grade

Idk. There are some really happy trans people that make me so jealous it ruins my day how confident in their trans feelings they are.

I dont know whcih I want. I wish it was out of my control to be honest.
>>
>>5653536
>Half asian
>Half black
Want see
>>
>>5653536
Do you actually know those trans people?
Each and everyone I met had massive issues. Some aren't too bothered by being trans, true, neither am I, some surgeries this year and I'll leave all that mess behind too, but how do you fix all the damage it has done?
I don't think you can.

I would've killed myself if I didn't transition, but now that I did I still feel suicidal cause nothing is right in my head anymore.
If you don't already feel miserable, it might really not be worth it.
>>
>>5653430
Gender therapists just enable transition nothing else
>>
>>5653459
It can be very dispiriting when you're confronted with such generalized neglect of your concerns. I'm sorry it turned out like that, and I hope you can find someone else nearby who is better informed.
>>
>>5653725
You are not correct, but I appreciate your input.
>>
>>5653632
Nothing right in your head anymore? No. To be honest ive never really talked to anyone who is trans at least nothing past small talk.

You're saying its not worth it, would you go back ?

>>5653627
http://imgur.com/S97ueqA
http://imgur.com/INPsqf9
http://imgur.com/Z2jd45d

>>5653725
I had to tell my therapist what GID was despite confirming and being listed as a gender therapist.
>>
>>5653927
>would you go back
Hell no, as I said, I'd have killed myself.
But I might just do that anyway. Just not as certainly as I would if I went back.

Maybe you're way better off, I had to spend all 3 years alone, get surgeries alone, started to go fulltime alone. No support at all, I guess that's what made it such a mind shattering nightmare.
>>
>>5653927
Oh my god! Completely off-topic but, hey! I've seen one of your photos here before (the one where you are just trying on clothes) and thought you were so cute!

Since you resemble my girlfriend (who is a yet to transition mtf), I actually showed your picture to her and she said she would be pretty happy if she looked like you after the transition. She even had the courage to try some dresses just a couple days after that for the first time! So thanks!
>>
>>5654040
Sorry you had to take it all on by yourself.
Considering you say you're slightly happier than you were as male, trans must at least have *some* positive impact, especially if you don't want to go back.

Sometimes it feels like a case of "don't fix what's not broken", and other times I get extremely jealous of people who pull off these bizzare, stylish, or whatever kind of lifestyle from confidence alone.

They know who they are and how to be themselves. I don't necessarily need a gun to my head to decide, just a realistic look at what I'm doing.

>>5654075
I'm glad I could help someone. I'm shy too, my first times were only on halloweens heh.

I wish you both luck. (:
>>
Egoraptor? what?
>>
>>5655517
its a meme here. >>5623081
>>
>>5655599
Thanks senpai
>>
>>5655517

He has a lot of the signs of being a very closeted transwoman. It's actually incredibly painful to watch.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.