[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I remember one time I was in a shop with my cousin. While i was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1452815282100.jpg (154 KB, 862x862) Image search: [Google]
1452815282100.jpg
154 KB, 862x862
I remember one time I was in a shop with my cousin. While i was trying on a pair of pink beats headphones. At the time I had shoulder length hair and a bushy beard. A female employee asked "would you ladies like any help today?". When I turn around, she turns bright red, apologises and runs away giggling.
If took me a minute to catch on to what happened, but my cousin and I LAUGHED for a good 10 minutes about it.

My question is.. Why do trans people get so offended about being missgendered?
>>
prolly something similar to how men get offended when you call them girls or vice versa
>>
>>5604088
Read my post, slut. I am a man who was called a lady and it gave me a good chuckle. Why do some trans people get depressed over someone calling them the wrong pronoun?
>>
That would've gotten me hard as diamonds
>>
because it means you clocked them and then purposefully didn't indulge their delusions
>>
>>5604110
it's like if you went trick or treating in your own homemade viking costume and then everyone thought you were spiderman
>>
>>5604126
How would that not be hilarious?
>>
>>5604135
it would be funny but also kind of depressing because they're basically telling you you're shit at making costumes
>>
>>5604080
Oh come on, you can see the difference.
Imagine a photo in which you look fat (if you're not) it's funny to look at. If you really are fat, it's not.
People don't mind absurdly being mistaken for something they clearly are not, they do mind being mistaken for something they are trying (and often failing) to no longer be.
>>
>>5604080
Chekhov's wife liked to style her facial hair.
>>
Because, at least in the case of non-tumblr trannies anyway, when you put in a ton of effort into trying to pass as whatever gender you're trying to present as (so you can live like a normal person and not be seen as a tranny) and someone clocks you it makes you feel both hopeless and as a freak.

Like in your case you looked like an obvious dude from the front which is why she immediately corrected herself when she saw your face. You don't have to live with the burden of being an unpassing tranny, only as a regular dude with long hair.
>>
>>5604184
But OP is comfortable with the fact that he can be mis identified.

Why not strive to accept that these things will happen from time to time. Part of being a tranny is a conscious decision to try and device not only yourself, but others.

I can be embraced and laughed off.
>>
I got offended when I was mistaken for a girl, happened quite often before puberty, especially from dumb older people.
>>
Imagine you're someone trying to loose weight, you think you've done a pretty good job, you even went down a size in clothing and someone refers to you as fat/heavy/ect
You KNOW you're still kinda fat and it bums you out to have it pointed out
>>
>>5604080
once or twice it's ok
but every day for years wears you down
imagine instead of misgendering you'd hear the same joke over and over again, might be funny as fuck the first few times but soon you just want to run away
>>
>>5604080
Not really the same dude. I'm sure you're aware of that.
>>
I'm a very androgynous chick and get misidentified as a dude a lot. Moreso since I cut my hair very short. I had the exact same thought as OP at first, what's the big deal, why are trannies always crying about this. But the more it happens, the more annoying it gets. It's not nice to unpleasantly surprise people like that all the time. It's not fun to deal with the awkwardness of explaining to someone that you DO belong in that bathroom because that's the one you've been going into your entire life. The more it happens the more grating it is.
>>
File: 1453698531218.png (523 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1453698531218.png
523 KB, 720x1280
>>
>>5604110
they have a disease

I was constantly called a girl when I was a kid
I had long hair because I didnt want to cut it because I was a rebel

I didnt look girly but neither manly
it always made me uncomfortable but nothing more
>>
Don't you have esjaydublyuhs to troll or something? Go away. Im not evn trans, you're being a cunt and you know it.
>>
>>5604110
because if you are a trans woman and get called by the wrong pronouns then it somehow implies you are manly and that's something depressing to most trans women

i don't know how much you are secure in your masculinity but suppose you are very insecure and somehow someone called you "not man enough", that would hurt, wouldn't it?
>>
Playing devils advocate here

But seriously, something you as individual experienced cannot apply to how someone else inner workings operate. You might have had a chuckle, but a person might have anxiety about how they look, or depression.

How awesome you could just shrug something off and take it as a one off, but I'm sure your secured masculinity is why you could just brush it off.
In short, I'm in the 'people need to get over themselves' camp, and honestly I've been called a girl for years, still even now I'm 28, I'm a manlet and have long as fuck hair, still get mistaken for a girl.
>>
>>5604080
a lot of people fetishize oppression, and get-off on "righteous" indignation. Some of them will go out of their way to create situations where they can feel oppressed. This isn't limited to trans-gendered people. Muslims, racial minorities, feminists, gays/lesbians, MRAs... lots of people are like this.
>>
>>5604080
>buying beats
overpriced piece of chunky uncomfortable crap-quality-bass shit
>>
>>5609331
Someone called him a woman you dumb cunt.
>>
>>5604126
kek'd
>>
>>5604080
My sister and her husband call both themselves by male pronouns, and she don't get why someone would get upset/depressed for someone misgendering you
>>
>>5609471
this

they're mostly narcissists, to boot
>>
If its a mistake they get upset because they are inheritly insecure. its fucking obvious because it they were secure in who they were they wouldnt transition. This is usually internally directed where they feel bad themselves.

Then you have the people who do it on purpose and cis people dont really have to deal with that shit. its degrading to have someone make fun of you with the intent of hurting your feelings instead of acting with respect. Many times its Family members and people who call themselves friends. its even shittier when its considered crappy if you speak up about it.

If its an honest mistake then i wont act out and no one should but understand it can still feel crappy. And when it comes to people who do it on purpose, understand that is not at all ok and that should be spoken up on.
>>
>>5604080
>Why do trans people get so offended about being missgendered?
>When I turn around, she turns bright red, apologises and runs away giggling.
>apologises
So she apologized... Why did you even decide to tell that story?

Or are you thinking you're really brave and strong for not running after screaming at her that she's oppressing you?
Get over yourself, stop thinking acting like a normal person somehow makes you a special person.

>>5610159
And she apologized, fucking retard.
>>
>>5604080
Because women obviously don't enjoy being called men?
>>
>>5604080
Well, for the most part, i don't. I understand this is something that happens to a lot of cis people all the time. When someone can visibly see you are trans, and therefore goes out of their way to emphasise misgendering you, it's a different animal entirely. One is a simple mistake of judgement that can be pretty amusing. The other has malicious intent to make you feel like shit.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.