[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with someone who's trans in denial/doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151221_235622.jpg (165 KB, 1303x732) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151221_235622.jpg
165 KB, 1303x732
How do you deal with someone who's trans in denial/doesn't know it yet? I'm getting more and more certain that my girlfriend would be a lot happier if she transitioned and I think it's starting to really mess her up. She talks about how much she hates being a girl, that she wanted her breasts removed when she was 13, and says weird/suspect shit like she's "too lazy to transition," as if she actually wants to but is being held back for whatever reason.

We recently got a strap on and I gave her a "blow job" last night, and she was obviously super into it but also looked really awkward and anxious. She was really distant after we finished and when I woke up this morning she told me she couldn't sleep all night long.

Help?

Pic related, it's another closet case.
>>
tell them to see a therapist, people wont realize something unless they figure it out on their own. telling Them that they are trans can become problematic because it can sound like your preference or agenda. Lead them to figuring it out and accepting. Let them know it wont change anything (unless they think it will change their sexuality or they will be a different person) let it be an own discussion, but more so with them discussing.

Chances are they couldnt sleep because they are still trying to accept it themselves.

Just know every transperson will say stuff like they dont want to transition because too lazy or something. its them trying to repress it.
>>
>>5587499

I've tried to avoid pushing it when it comes up but it makes my stomach turn watching her like this. I've been trying to get her to see a therapist for a while now but she bristles when I'm direct about it.

I just want her to be happy :(
>>
Anyone else have any ideas? :/
>>
>>5588240
just leave her alone. She'll figure it on her own eventually.
>>
>>5587404
I'm pretty sure saying you're too lazy to transition is pretty much acknowledgement of being trans. I mean, that implies they want to transition, just that they can't be bothered with it
>>
>>5588240
Skin her and wear her beautiful fem skin
>>
OP is talking about herself
>>
>>5588271

No, I'm a trans girl. Which is partly why it's so obvious to me but also why I'm so cautious to push it at all.
>>
>>5587404
You could bring up the concept of therapy for her body issues. If that leads to a realization that she has gender dysphoria then so be it. You can't pressure someone for or against transition because you personally feel like they should or shouldn't be trans. Gender dysphoria is something you either have or you don't, and transition is something that they have to decide on for themselves.

>We recently got a strap on and I gave her a "blow job" last night, and she was obviously super into it but also looked really awkward and anxious.
Hot.
>>
>>5588460
Is she really into feminism and/or lesbianism?
>>
>>5588562

We're both very into academic feminism but don't stake very much of our identities in lesbianism.
>>
>>5588627
>academic feminism
You're trans, and a TERF?
>>
>>5588658

Critical theory is rhizomatic and a personal feminism can be formed piecewise. Also academics who don't understand intersectionality are generally hacks or just old weirdos.
>>
>>5587404

Aside from him being a transphobe is there any evidence Seth is MtF?
>>
>>5588744

Nobody is that obsessed with trans women for no reason.
>>
>>5588798
I think he's just a chaser
>>
>>5588460

>a trans woman pressuring a born woman to transition

YIKES. Please go back to dating your own kind.
>>
>>5589496

I'm not pressuring her to do anything, that's the whole point. I'm just watching from the sidelines and praying she'll figure it out one way or another.
>>
>>5589496
A man imposing his way on women, pretty common.
>>
File: 1450331438098.jpg (45 KB, 458x385) Image search: [Google]
1450331438098.jpg
45 KB, 458x385
>>5588627
>>5588667
>>
>>5588261
/thread
>>
>>5588658
You can be an academic feminism without being a TERF.
>>
>>5589822
TERF detected
>>
File: Chris_chan_tomgirl.jpg (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Chris_chan_tomgirl.jpg
58 KB, 640x480
>>5593731
delusional hon detected
>>
>>5590432

Deal, chump.
>>
>>5593735
>anyone who is opposed to misgendering and doesn't think suspecting someone of being trans is the same as "imposing their way on" them is a "delusional hon"
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.