[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does transitioning change your personality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
Mtf, lesbian, 23, pre-everything

Does HRT/transition have any effects on your personality, concerning sexual attraction/need for companionship/etc.?

The reason I ask is because I'm currently fighting depression, wrestling with poor self-worth, loneliness, mtf-related shame, general inadequacy and dissatisfaction with life. A lot of these feel really male-centric, and I am wondering if my present male gender, either biologically or socially, has any influence on this.

>Following is unrelated bitching
If living in a poor neighborhood has taught me anything, it's that people can get unfathomably crushed and screwed by the system/life/bad luck/bad choices. Honestly, I feel like the only way out of this is to accept that I'm not that cool, probably will be single for a long time (if not my whole life), don't pass all that well, and so on. It's either that, or hate myself and spend an hour in the shower trying to convince myself not to kill myself.

Any advice is appreciated
>>
>>5584436
OP here, wanna mention that I'm well aware that my personal habits (video games and typical wasted-life white-male bullshit-type) will not change. Just curious if my body's male biology is really having any effect on me.
>>
>>5584436
I ended up being more outgoing, social, chill and confident but that's really it as far as I noticed
>>
File: tumblr_l7wxt1qjKf1qdul8po1_250.jpg (47 KB, 250x211) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l7wxt1qjKf1qdul8po1_250.jpg
47 KB, 250x211
>lesbian

At least be bi. Btw what's the point of transitioning, if you're not going to 1st least TRY to be normal? Fuck !this white transgender entitlement pisses me the fuck off.
>>
>>5584501
>angry hon: the post
>>
>>5584528
>Entitled Bitch: the trip
>>
>>5584501
Hon please
>>
>>5584537
>call out an ignorant loser op on her dumb shit
>get called hon

You bitches don't even know me
>>
>we're all lesbians now
>you finally have that equality you've always been asking for

What a bright and beautiful world.
>>
>>5584436
I think that since transitioning makes you more comfortable in your own skin, you act a little more freely and expressively. You might seem happier, or more positive, and if you were embarrassed about having some of your hobbies while living as a man/woman, you might not feel as bad about them as a woman/man.

That said, no, your personality itself doesn't change.
>>
>>5584550
this pretty much
only things that are caused by dysphoria directly sill change nothing else
>>5584533
>angry hon: the sick comeback
>>
>>5584563
Bitch, please. I'm done with you. Go pick the pubes from your teeth.
>>
>>5584577
>angry hon: the post II , what's a razor
>>
File: xgz9nkR.gif?noredirect.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
xgz9nkR.gif?noredirect.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>5584563
>>5584577
>>
>>5584577
>>5584608
>angry hon: the samefag
>>
>>5584661
Trip on Lily take your burn with pride
>>
File: Nice try, little fag.jpg (159 KB, 942x840) Image search: [Google]
Nice try, little fag.jpg
159 KB, 942x840
>>5584661
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-21-07-53-15.jpg (205 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-21-07-53-15.jpg
205 KB, 800x1280
>>5584669
>angry hon: clueless in Manhattan
>>
>>5584546
But you know OP?
>>
File: 1451179854151.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1451179854151.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>5584436
>lesbian
>pre-everything
>>
>>5584980
OP doesn't start being trans when she starts transitioning funny eyeroll man. That myth could use dispelling, since the misunderstanding has been unusually common in the last few days.
>>
I actually used to lean towards lesbian and considered myself bi before transition, now I can't see myself with a woman at all. My boyfriend is also awesome oops.
>>
>>5584550
im so afraid that transitioning will have the opposite affect for me. as it is, i often feel uncomfortable around others because i dont like the way i look/sound (male). but im afraid that i'll hate the way i look/sound even MORE if im worrying about passing and whether or not my voice sounds fake or stupid. especially in front of people who have known me for years.

idk what to do
>>
>>5585274
my life in a nutshell. if you're thinking this way I'm assuming you're not one of those "transition or die" type dysphorics. So the way I cope is I just keep going ahead with my HRT and not socially transitioning until I feel comfortable it's going to be reasonably successful. Just don't worry too much about whether the end result is going to be good, focus on the next goal and if youre working toward the long term plans (FFS if you need it, etc)
>>
>>5585309
>Just don't worry too much about whether the end result is going to be good, focus on the next goal and if youre working toward the long term plans
thank you, thats very good advice.

and yep, thats pretty much my plan exactly. im going to see a psychiatrist soon for my adhd, and im gonna make sure to go to one who also specializes in trans issues, then hopefully get started on hrt. i'll probably only tell my parents and closest friend, and eventually come out completely if i ever feel comfortable enough about it.

im scared as hell but i know i have to SOMETHING about this soon. im already 24, i know i'll regret it forever if i wait much longer
>>
>i know i'll regret it forever if i wait much longer
Same, pretty much. I give for once I'm glad I've always looked and sounded like a little kid. Hope it goes well for you. Add me on skype if you want: ugokanaidaitoshokan
>>
>>5584436
yes
at last in some way
after living free as yourself it happens that you may discover that you like some different things and you may behave different
i`m no logner a person that i was before transition
also lot of bullshit you may expirence may change you as a person
inb4 everyone changes over time
http://giphy.com/gifs/gif-art-evolution-march2014-pEhUuvlhZolNu
>>
>>5584446
idk actually my hobbies and interests changed a lot
>>
>>5585158

Lesbians don't have penises. OP is a straight dude. Maybe one day with lots of work and struggle, he can be a straight dude who cut off his dick but still likes women. But never a lesbian.
>>
>>5585342
thanks, same to you
and sure, i never use skype but i'll add you
>>
>>5585408
>everything in the universe revolves around >muh dik
>>
>>5584577
ANGRY HON: THE LEGEND LIVES ON
>>
>>5585408
>>5587049
>>5587075
are you okay? :(
>>
Well, while still depressive, overall I got a lot more optimistic about the future, and things in general.
>>
>>5584436
>lesbian
>pre-everything
Give it a year once you're on hormones.
>>
Only thing that I've noticed is that I'm actually less of a fucking autistic shitbag these days, probably because I'm not overcompensating constantly anymore. Take that as you will though. Otherwise I'm the same cynical, sarcastic douche canoe I've always been. Definitely got a massive confidence boost and life feels moderately better in general. Don't expect it to fix your depression though(from my experience, being pretty nasty depression, the only thing I could even say it helped with in that regard is that I'm a bit less suicidal). Life will be easier to handle internally after a while on titty skittles though, you'll just feel a lot more complete. Hope this helps answer your question
>>
>>5584501
>>5584548
why do people have such an issue with transbians? what, do you idiots actually think "normal" trans people (lol) just transition because they want to get fucked by straight men?
>>
im a different person in pretty much every way. i don't really even recognize my previous self anymore. dont listen to people saying otherwise. it's slow but you change over time.
>>
>>5595915
Well, yeah. The non-previously gay male transexuals, all seem to have a sissy fetish, or "figure out" they're trans by jerking off in women's clothing.
>>
It can make you straight. Be careful!
>>
>>5595915
The secret of /lgbt/ is that the straight trans women are actually the most obnoxious, the most catty, and the most likely to make a mockery of the female gender.
Seriously.
Go browse /mtfg/ and then try /tlg/. The difference is palpable.
>>
>>5595915
>do you idiots actually think "normal" trans people (lol) just transition because they want to get fucked by straight men?

This line of logic always sounds creepy to me. Like what, there wasn't enough dick to suck as a faggot already? You have to trick straight men so you can get some? At least the transbians genuinely want to be women and aren't just omega tier bottom boys with bitchy personalities. Straight men are boring lays. Which I guess is fine if you just want to be a pampered princess and never do anything.
>>
>>5597804
When you mean straight trans women, do you mean mtfs attracted to males or mtfs attracted to females? Sorry, I'm dumb.
>>
>>5595915
It's literally homophobia. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>5600206
Straight trans women like men, lesbian trans women like women.
>>
>>5584980
>my face when I came in here to post the same gif and greentext
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.