[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Gender Fluidity have a basis in science? Discuss Pic unrelated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Does Gender Fluidity have a basis in science?

Discuss

Pic unrelated
>>
do you have a picture of yoshi laying an egg
hahaha
just curious to see it :)
>>
It does in the sense that it's an observed behavior. If you want a biological explanation for why the phenomenon occurs, then there isn't one, but guess what, neither does any topic in the realm of sexuality.
>>
>>5498072
Gender fluidity isn't a sexuality though, it is an identity.

With the case of transgendered or cisgendered, you either have a male or female brain. (unless you're hermaphroditic)
>>
>>5498101
The "male vs female brain" thing is in no way established as fact yet, especially not for transgender people. Stop spouting bullshit just because it's convenient for you.
>>
>>5498055
>Does Gender Fluidity have a basis in science?
http://www.avitale.com/etiologicalreview.htm
>Gender identity, far from being absolute, appears to occur on a continuum, with most people gathered at either end, the rest being somewhere in between.
>>
>>5498055
i think it exists as a legit identity

science though... not sure yet
>>
>>5498055

It's been talked about before and it's one of those things I look at articles over in my spare time (I'm a psych student so I get free access to all journals) and honestly there hasn't been anything conclusive in the field of neuroscience.

So, if we're talking natural science, no. But personality and identity is a very nuanced thing.
>>
>>5498260
>The "male vs female brain" thing is in no way established as fact yet
It is an established fact.
>>
>>5498055
Yes, it's called "lack of attention".
>>
>>5498550
>>5498260
It's somewhere in between, really. There's supporting evidence, but it's not really definitive proof at this point.
>>
>>5498442
>http://www.avitale.com/etiologicalreview.htm
>non peer reviewed studied
>whole study is as long as an abstract should be
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQUzxMkbwBg
>This person being unbiased

Stop.
>>
>>5498055
>Does it have a basis in science?
Sure. We just don't know whether its basis lies in one of the biological sciences or one of the social sciences instead.

I'm guessing social until I see evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>5500367
>social science
I assume the OP is talking about the real science though.
>>
>>5499186
It's a review of the science at the time it was written from a person who has been treating transsexuals for over 30 years. I never said it was a study. Did you bother to track down and read the studies she listed at the end?
>>
>>5500786
No b/c her view is incredibly biased
>>
>>5501056
so short sighted.

The only reason I use her write up is it is the one that is readable by non scientists. I've read similar from a number of scientists, and even groups.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.