[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1451249190788.png (535 KB, 1080x1093) Image search: [Google]
1451249190788.png
535 KB, 1080x1093
I'm gay, but it never has felt totally right. Like I am sexually attracted to men, but something just is repulsive to me about relationships.
It's the same feeling I get when I'm in a group of people who are collectively doing something wrong (like beating a cat or doing cocaine) and I just have a gut feeling telling me it's wrong.
I know there's absolutely nothing wrong with being gay, or being in a gay relationship, but for some reason I just have this gut feeling telling me it is.
I first felt it on youtube watching a pride fest. I figured it was normal to feel disgusted watching people in pink thongs, fairy wings, and roller skates. But then I got it again with the Same Love video, which is a video literally depicting two normal people in a normal relationship.
It's been a downward slope since then.
I don't know what the deal is.

Pic obviously unrelated.
>>
So your a hetroromantic homosexual? Dude that must suck
>>
>>5486081
Except I don't have any romantic attraction to the opposite sex.
>>
>>5486087
Aromantic then?
>>
>>5486090
I don't think that's it, I've had crushes, and have been in relationships that (at the time at least) I considered serious, where I felt "romantic" with that person.
It feels like a feeling about the feeling, except it's more like a reflex.
>>
It sounds as though your gut feeling is just discomfort in the disconnect between your own personal identity and the "gay" identity thrown at you by mainstream media. You don't necessarily find being gay wrong, it just makes you uneasy because you don't identify with the pink thongs, fairy wings and roller skates. As for why you're also feeling disgusted at normal relationships as shown in music videos or whatever it is, it sounds like a downward slope as you said. You're too trigger happy because you've had this attitude for a while.

You aren't those people in thongs, dancing around on parade floats, drinking and taking drugs. You're you, and you just happen to like other guys. So don't let fag shit get to you.
>>
>>5486131
That sounds like that might be it, thanks for the advice :)
>>
>>5486341
He's perfectly right. I used to be pretty disgusted by gay culture and had problems with gay couples.
I dated this guy who was totally normal. you never would have suspected he was gay. I grew comfortable with who I am through that. It didn't seem so strange and alien anymore, just something that was worth working for and what brings you happiness.
>>
What's wrong with doing cocaine you faggot?
>>
>>5486349
My old bf was loud and campy. We split up because it wasn't working out for him. It's whatever I guess.
That could've attributed to my negative feeling towards homosexuality.

>>5486353
Lol its just not my thing.
>>
>>5486078
You just have to struggle with being a normal person in a degenerate, fully unhinged, dirty gay culture.

I never really related to anything gay either. I still like dudes though, and that's about it.

Also, don't beat up cats! That's serial killer tier
>>
>>5486465
Lol I appreciate the kind words, and no I was saying beating up cats is bad.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.