[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cure from transexuals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: ACUREHASBEENFOUND.jpg (101 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ACUREHASBEENFOUND.jpg
101 KB, 500x500
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957

Don't lose hope and resort to self harm, by modifying your own body using grotesque methods.
A cure has been found get treatment as fast as possible.
>>
> 1996
> single patient
I guess this is why nobody takes the University of /pol/ seriously. People get out of there being pretty much functional illiterates.
>>
>An adult male patient with a borderline learning disability presented with cross-dressing and a strong wish to undergo a sex change.
Man what a fantastic example for your average person
wait, no it isn't
>>
>>
>>5470238
While it's true that this could never be considered a real cure, not a single trans person could ever be considered an "average person". Something that happens to less than .1% of the population is nowhere close to being "average".
>>
>>5470218
>Not peer reviewed
>Only utilized on a single unconfirmed case 30 years ago
>hazardous side effects
Yeah...

We aren't gonna stop half a century of safe and effective meds in favor of a single anecdote that they haven't been able to replicate in thirty years.
>>
>>5470250
Other than things caused by being trans (such as depression) most trans individuals are fairly average
Your average case transgender individual certainly isn't /mentally retarded/, though.
>>
>>5470255
>Safe and effective
>Only 40% suicide rate.
>>
>>5470250
>>5470218

Uh, you were only able to use drugging successfully in a single case out of countless. Those aren't great odds.
>>
>>5470262
>>5470256
>>5470255
>>5470250
>>5470240
>>5470234
>>5470238
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25653301
More cures.
http://www.andiesplace.co.uk/i-dont-have-gender-dysphoria/
Someone realizing they don't have the disease.
>>
>>5470262
>McHugh does cite one study from 2011, by Cecilia Dhejne, MD and colleagues at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. However, he misunderstands Dr. Dhejnes work. In the paper, Dr. Dhejne states that the study was not designed to draw conclusions on the efficacy of transgender surgeries, yet McHugh does exactly that. A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejnes work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.
>The American Psychiatric Association and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health no longer view transgender identity as inherently pathological. Dr. McHughs views are stuck in the past.
>Dan Karasic, MD Health Sciences Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, UCSF Member, American Psychiatric Association Workgroup on Gender Dysphoria Member, Board of Directors, World Professional Association for Transgender Health

>and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population

Poor thing, you''re mistaken. That 40% mortality is merely for the untreated.

From the look of things, I'd rather take a treatment with a reported 99% efficacy than a drug that's only been used successfully once out of a million.
>>
>>5470273
>The patient presented as convincingly feminine and with features of Borderline Personality Disorder. She had an old brain injury. After a prolonged epileptic episode the Borderline features disappeared and the patient expressed a clearly male identity.

>someone that was batshit and had a brain injury underwent a change in identity
fascinating

>An old unpassable hon decides that they don't have gender dysphoria
I don't care, because I clearly do have it
>>
>>5470273
First one, idk electric shock seems a bit risky but if I didnt pass I might as well go for it

Second one, Im pretty sure thats still a tranny
>>
>>5470273
>25653301
>Massive and irreversible brain injury removed gid
Cool, kinda proves the bio stuff, but unfortunately we can't Decorticate every single patient out there. Hardly applicable if you're worried about mutilation.

>http://www.andiesplace.co.uk/i-dont-have-gender-dysphoria/
So a webpage operated by a mentally ill hon = peer reviewed studies, how?
>>
>>5470262
I'm sick of this meme
>>
>>5470289
>electric shock
You need major brain damage though. Makes sense that what they manage to put back together in grey matter will be different.
>>
>>5470273
that means we just have to know trannies unconscious and hope for a seizure to cure them
brilliant!
>>
File: ishaaaaaaa.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ishaaaaaaa.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>>5470273
>cases
>not large studies
10/10 oh and how could i forget
>anecdotal evidence
>>
>>5470301
Post >>5470276

Official statements are hard to argue with.
>>
>>5470276
https://gendertrender.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/belgian-woman-is-euthanised-for-gender-dysphoria-after-completing-treatment/
>>
>>5470327
>responding to statistics with an anecdote
lmao
>>
>>5470327
>https://gendertrender.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/belgian-woman-is-euthanised-for-gender-dysphoria-after-completing-treatment/
>Single case of botched FTM SRS
really reaching there
>>
File: 1450909825215.jpg (16 KB, 278x200) Image search: [Google]
1450909825215.jpg
16 KB, 278x200
>>5470327
>Political fringe sites = substitute for peer reviewed studies and stats
Yea, is this what all loony extremist think like?
>>
>>5470327
>Botched surgery leads to suicide because it wasn't good enough
cool
>>
>>5470327
>anecdotal evidence from a biased source
>a fucking blog
>wordpress
>cites the daily fucking mail
holy fuck senpai. you are making this really fucking hard to not just lmao @ yr life
>>
>>5470218

> Pimozide treats schizophrenia and chronic psychosis

Sounds about right for a cure to transsexual behavior.
>>
>>5470327
>really reaching there
oh no, not the gallus mag's gender critical blog

my only kryptonite ararrrrrrghhhhhhhh *stops being a tranny*
>>
>>5470337
This shit is hard to compete with when there is mountains of evidence supporting the other method of treatment. I have to go 30 pages deep in google to find evidence with little to no background support.
>>
>>5470349
> One in a million success rate = Cure
So about psychosis...
>>
>>5470349
Except the causes are drastically different. It's like saying "fires and tornadoes both destroy houses, so it makes sense to protect houses from tornadoes by pouring water on them".
>>
>>5470370

> anti-psychotic drug
> implying trans-niggers are not psychotic
>>
>>5470379
Psychotic only in a very general sense, to describe the symptoms. Definitely not in terms of the actual cause. If they were, you'd expect to see a better than 0.0001% success rate for anti-psychotics.
>>
File: 1426844996234.jpg (7 KB, 184x255) Image search: [Google]
1426844996234.jpg
7 KB, 184x255
>>5470273
>brain trauma alters behavior
Breaking news several centuries ago.
>anecdotal evidence
If we go by this god is also real and visits people all the time.
>>
>>5470337
>>5470342
>>5470327
One thing's true though, European healthcare is third world shit.

Hell, no wonder all sorts of their patients commit suicide all the time.
>>
>>5470273
> http://www.andiesplace.co.uk/i-dont-have-gender-dysphoria/

Dude, did you even read that? It says she doesn't have gender dysphoria NOW because she's completed SRS.
>>
>>5470218
I know is just anecdotal, but I'm trans and schizophrenic and was on Orap for a bit before even coming out as trans to my therapist and it didn't do shit for my gender dysphoria. I suppose two things to note is that I'm FTM and I wasn't on it that all long because it made me unbearably dizzy and caused me to be light-headed and faint all the time.
>>
>>5470289
electro shock therapy left me with no memories of my youth. Good an bad gone. Many skills too. The memories I've gotten back are full of holes.
>>
Shit, while we're carting out failed methods to "cure" transsexuals, let's try depatterning again. What could go wrong?
>>
I guess I'm supposed to be offended.

but I just want this treatment asap
>>
>>5470218
Same thread was posted on /pol/

Fuck off
>>
>>5471681
Same ;n;
>>
>>5470218
I find it funny how you morons are so quick to reject and explain away the legit information we have that shows transition in a positive light, yet you'll find a literal anecdote with inconclusive results and start pushing it everywhere as some newfound evidence of a cure.

Fucking hypocrites.
>>
>>5471681
That's the irony really, that most trannies themselves would walk through fire for a simple "magic-pill" cure to take away dysphoria but /pol/tards imagine there's some simple cure but trannies simply refuse any treatment and somehow bully doctors into doing whatever they want supported by some massive conspiracy falsifying research and hiding "the truth" in order to destroy white men, or solidify the rule of the jew overlords or whatever other conspiracy.
>>
>>5470218
Even if such a cure were possible, body modification is rad as fuck and HRT should always be an option.
>>
>>5470528
It's funny how even the people to respond to that post were like "it's just hon blog! it doesn't count" when that person is literally saying SRS cured their dysphoria.
>>
>>5471778
>that most trannies themselves would walk through fire for a simple "magic-pill" cure to take away dysphoria
No, not really. Passing as a girl is better than anything my male life could have given me. Most trans girls I know would rather transition than have dysphoria removed too.
>>
>>5470279
>>someone that was batshit
m8, all trannies are pretty batshit.
>>
>/pol/ definition of a cure

You just want people like us gone.
>>
>>5476119
No one gives a shit you retarded /pol/ piece of dogshit, shut the fuck up you bitch.
>>
>>5470218
>more common side effects
>Difficulty with speaking, dizziness or fainting, fast or irregular heartbeat, lack of facial expression, loss of balance control, mood or behavior changes, restlessness or need to keep moving, shuffling walk, slowed movements, stiffness of the arms and legs, swelling or soreness of the breasts (less common in males), trembling and shaking of the fingers and hands, unusual secretion of milk (rare in males)

yeah I'm gonna need a study that tries it on more than just one literal retard
>>
>>5470238
Gender us binary male or female.
It's defined by chromosomes.
You don't get to choose.
If you believe you are something that you are not, then you have a mental illness.
So yes, the guy in this trial, is the PERFECT subject.
>>
>>5470240
Read the scientific paper, peer reviewed and published in a science journal.

The literal definition of proof.
>>
>>5476263
So pretty much the same as a ton of other mediciation? especially the first few...
>>
>>5476296
>there is one type of brain disorder and it's called Mental Illness
kek that's really good
>>
>>5476343
If it's not a mental illness, all that is left is a pathological or chemical imbalance issue.

Would you like to know how those are treated?

That's right, with medicine or surgery (not the genetic reassignment kind)
Your move. Xx
>>
>>5476358
>(not the genetic reassignment kind)
why not? They show results
>>
>>5476358
I never said it wasn't. you're just retarded

>If you believe you are something that you are not, then you have a mental illness.
>So yes, the guy in this trial, is the PERFECT subject.
>>
>>5476364
Ad hominen now?
For a group of people who protest for inclusion, and tolerance, there seems to be lots of anger and persecution here.
Your assertion that I have learning difficulties is just plain mean.
You don't even know me.
>>
>>5476121
They're arguing AGAINST /pol/, you dumbass shitposter.

>>5476296
>defined by chromosomes
Not really, unless you're advocating the idiocy that is calling someone born with a vagina a man just because they have XY chromosomes.

>If you believe you are something that you are not, then you have a mental illness.
You believe you are a person who understands gender. In reality, you are not. Therefore, you are mentally ill.
>>
>>5470262
Lifetime suicide attempts.
>>
>>5470327
>gendertrender
>a blog run by a self-hating ftm
>>
trannies btfo'd ITT
>>
>>5477284
>1/10000 success rate better than 99.7% success
Math is lying = btfo
Oh wow, the mentally must live in some crazy alternate reality.
>>
>>5470273
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25653301
>Borderline Personality Disorder

borderlines don't even know who they are
>>
>>5471778
this.
i wish it was a mental illness, and i could just take some pill to make it go away.
>>
File: sex_maintenance.jpg (53 KB, 542x295) Image search: [Google]
sex_maintenance.jpg
53 KB, 542x295
>>5476296
>It's defined by chromosomes.
Not according to any geneticist from this century
>These discoveries have pointed to a complex process of sex determination, in which the identity of the gonad emerges from a contest between two opposing networks of gene activity. Changes in the activity or amounts of molecules (such as WNT4) in the networks can tip the balance towards or away from the sex seemingly spelled out by the chromosomes. “It has been, in a sense, a philosophical change in our way of looking at sex; that it's a balance,” says Eric Vilain, a clinician and the director of the Center for Gender-Based Biology at the University of California, Los Angeles. “It's more of a systems-biology view of the world of sex.”

>According to some scientists, that balance can shift long after development is over. Studies in mice suggest that the gonad teeters between being male and female throughout life, its identity requiring constant maintenance. In 2009, researchers reported7 deactivating an ovarian gene called Foxl2 in adult female mice; they found that the granulosa cells that support the development of eggs transformed into Sertoli cells, which support sperm development. Two years later, a separate team showed8 the opposite: that inactivating a gene called Dmrt1 could turn adult testicular cells into ovarian ones. “That was the big shock, the fact that it was going on post-natally,” says Vincent Harley, a geneticist who studies gonad development at the MIMR-PHI Institute for Medical Research in Melbourne
So I wonder, should we trust prestigious scientific journals, or some mentally ill guy who "feels like a doctor"? Your call.
>>
>>5477319
Well, considering she had some Phineas Gage type brain damage before anything changed, that's probably irrelevant.
>>
>>5476296
But uh >>5477328 Dellusional at all senpai, might need some of those pills then, eh.
>>
>>5476299
>peer reviewed
It isn't peer reviewed or in a study, just an anedote. That doesn't pass scrutiny in medicine.

A single thirty year old claimed success that nobody else could ever replicate looks pretty bad m8.

That means in all of thirty years since and with thousands of patients, no doctor has ever been able to reproduce his claims.
>>
>>5477303
dude...trannys are like 1/1000000...last time i checked 1/10000 >>> 1/1000000
>>
>>5477526
Found the underage
>>
>>5470273
It's really sad that you have no idea that you're proving their point. A study is a proposition for criticism. It's not a magic token that guards your version of the truth. The ones you want to agree with are the ones that most need to be checked for biases, structural faults, and faulty conclusions. You have no idea how scientific discourse works. You're treating it with faith, philosophically opposed to the entire process.
>>
>>5477526
You're off the wrong way. More like .1% to .5% of the general population... Generally accepted is 0.3%.
>>
>>5477561
gays are like <1% so there is no way that trannies are 1%.
>>
File: 1449255728120.jpg (19 KB, 282x415) Image search: [Google]
1449255728120.jpg
19 KB, 282x415
>>5477579
>gays are like <1%
>>
>>5477579
Even the most skewed data homophobes manage to put out says there's 3-4% gays.
>>
>>5470218
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957
>1996 Jun;30(3):422-5.
There was an excellent response to pimozide 2 mg daily, with a cessation of both cross-dressing and the wish for sex reassignment. When, after 1 year, the dose was reduced to 1 mg daily, there was a rapid return of the cross-dressing and the wish for sex reassignment. An increase in the dose again led to a remission which has been maintained since then. Conclusion: Pharmacotherapy with pimozide should be considered in cases of doubtful gender dysphoria.
>When, after 1 year, the dose was reduced to 1 mg daily, there was a rapid return of the cross-dressing and the wish for sex reassignment.
>doesn't realize when something comes back it is not cured but just suppress the though process of that part of the brain.
>if anything he dint even say "male though came back making him want to build a family and protect it by getting stronger(basic male instinct)" and that could mean that it actually just suppresses gender based though processes
basically you dont think after reading something
and are a dumb fuck
>>
>>5477526
>>5477579
>The most frequently cited estimate is that 700,000 people in the United States, or about 0.2 to 0.3 percent of the population
So assuming the low ball rate of 0.2% and multiplying by 6*10-6 that's over 12 million transsexuals globally.

And psychiatric clinics get a disproportionate amount of them and giving drugs was common last century.

That means literally only one unconfirmed success out of a million in thirty years.

In other words, statistically useless and that one overproduced case was more likely due to other factors. Completely ineffective by clinical benchmarks.
>>
>>5477670
>overproduced
unreproduced
>>
>>5477666
More importantly, it's not peer reviewed or a clinical study. And nobody was ever able to reproduce.

It's essentially discredited alternative medicine published in some shady paper mill that any of the doctors who get on Nature, Lancet or Sci would cringe over.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.