[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demi-What?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: Demisexual.jpg (63 KB, 736x902) Image search: [Google]
Demisexual.jpg
63 KB, 736x902
Okay, so I know this is a lgbt forum. I was curious how many of you people are considered demisexuals? Also as well, I want to her stories of coming out about being a demisexual or just the odd experiences of being a demi with friends you know for a fact they will think its..

A.) Weird
B.) Hitting on them and thus have to be on guard from you.

But I know I have a small group of friends who don't care. But I want to here from YOU! Maybe if this thread gets bumping Ill share some of my own.
>>
Take your special snowflake made-up sexualities back to Tumblr.
>>
I fit the description, but honestly, I think it's such a dumb label to have. I'd rather not.
>>
>>5469709
Dumb, sure. But how many dumb labels does society put on everyone else? Labels I care nothing for, there just dumb, but hey humans like to be in boxes soo what the fuck ever.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nh68j0Vs5G1qhavxr.gif (936 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nh68j0Vs5G1qhavxr.gif
936 KB, 500x281
Demisexuality isn't valid. How you proceed to fall in love isn't an orientation. So you're not into hook up culture, whoopdefuckingdoo.
>>
>>5469718
>It's dumb
>But so are other labels!
>See? Not dumb now!

does that cognitive dissonance hurt, or are you just mentally immune at this point?

Either way, demisexuality is a made-up sexuality to describe people who think being prudish entitles them to sympathy, not because they refuse sex, but because they can't get it in the first place.
>>
>>5471826
>Demisexuality isn't valid.
Yes it is.

>How you proceed to fall in love isn't an orientation.
I agree with this. Demisexuality should really just be seen as an additional descriptor of whatever your main sexuality is.

>So you're not into hook up culture, whoopdefuckingdoo.
That's not what demisexuality means. It means one has literally no sexual feelings at all towards people they aren't close with.

>>5471838
>demisexuality is a made-up sexuality
All sexualities are made up.

>but because they can't get it in the first place
Oh, you're just baiting, I see.
>>
>>5471934
>All sexualities are made up!
>therefore dummysexuality is legit!

Yeah, you must be immune to the severe pain that would be caused by such a logical fuckup.
>>
>>5471948
What exactly did I say that is illogical?
>>
I just don't see how demisexuality is taken seriously, even by a small number of people. It's just as dumb as sapiosexual if you ask me, specially after it was proven that is was made up during some roleplay
>>
>>5471967
You claimed that all sexualities are fake in order to justify the existence of demisexuality.

That is cognitive dissonance of a high degree.

My "sexuality" may be "fake" in your mind, but at least it has decades of scientific research and societal appeal behind it. Unlike demisexuality which was made up by a furry roleplayer online in 2005 to describe how much of a slut their character was.
>>
>>5471978
It seems more common than sapiosexuality, and I've encountered people who describe being demisexual without knowing the term, so it's definitely a real thing. The fact that the term was made up for a roleplay doesn't really matter, if it's a term that people find useful they'll keep using it.
>>
>>5471989
>You claimed that all sexualities are fake in order to justify the existence of demisexuality.
I didn't use that claim TO JUSTIFY anything. I was merely pointing out that "made up sexuality" is not in any way a valid argument against the existence of demisexuality.

>to describe how much of a slut their character was.
As in, not at all? Demisexuality seems to describe the exact OPPOSITE of "slutty" behavior. How you can you be a slut if you have zero sexual feelings except towards people you're already very close to?
>>
It's not a thing. It's simply low sex drive.
>>
>>5472008
It describes sexual attraction, not sex drive. A demisexual (or even complete asexual) can still have a high sex drive, there's just very few if any people that their attraction is directed towards. Just like if a straight guy is stranded on an island with other men, he still has a sex drive even though there's no one around that he finds sexually attractive.
>>
Demisexuality is just an example of straight people on Tumblr trying to pretend they're as outcast from society as LGBT people.

Oh if only finding 'the one' and settling down to have a classic nuclear family were more socially acceptable. Oh woe is me, I don't want to sleep with strangers.

Fuck off.
>>
>>5472022
>Demisexuality is just an example of straight people on Tumblr trying to pretend they're as outcast from society as LGBT people.
Plenty of demisexuals are non-straight.
>>
File: popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif (388 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif
388 KB, 256x192
>>5469718
>>5471934
>>5471948
>>5471967
>>5471989
>>5472004
>>
>>5469679
What the fuck is demisexual? This sounds like some tumblr tier special snowflake retardation.
>>
>>5473213
It means someone who experiences sexual attraction only to people they're already close with, and is asexual towards anyone else. They don't have any sexual feelings towards strangers at all.
>>
>>5473213
It is tumblr shit. I actually know if people in real life who claim to be demisexual. According to them its only wanting to have se x with people you know on an emotional level, it's stupid as hell. They act the exact way you'd expect them to, whiney, attention seeking, emotional, eaaly offended, etc.
>>
>>5473290
Well personally, I think the name is stupid, but I do consider that I desire some level of connection to a person before I want to bang. I really dont feel like, what this board calls, 'Special snowflake' I just find the idea of wanting to bang a person that is random as hell, just kinda dumb. Though some of my friends I will admit are atractive because I known them for a bit, but wont say it out loud as well as other people that I know personally that I think, god damn you handsome/sexy after 10 min conversation. This happens to me with strangers that are just chatting away.

TL;DR: I Find people sexy with traits they show that appeal to me. So Valid?
>>
>>5475603
>I Find people sexy with traits they show that appeal to me.
you mean like nearly everyone else on the planet?

>I desire some level of connection to a person before I want to bang
you mean like nearly everyone else on the planet?

bitch, you ain't special simply because you take the same feelings that every other person on the planet has and shoddily gift-wrap them in some inventive label.
>>
>>5473213
>Current Year
>Not being currentfashionsexual
It is current year! Get with the program!
>>
Go back to your blog so you can circle jerk in ignorance, you stupid faglord. You know literally nothing about human arousal, or you wouldn't be using such retarded and pointless terms.
>>
>>5473213
>demisexual
Demi
>From Latin dīmidium (“divided in half”), via Old French and Middle English demi- (“half”).
Sexual
>From Latin sexuālis, from sexus (“sex”); see sex.

Now add these 2 together.
>>
>>5469679
yeah I'd consider myself demisexual, I'm mostly asexual but I do occasionally do sexual stuff so I don't fit that label
I don't think it's something worth 'coming out' about though, same as 'coming out' as being into bdsm or something
>>
*logs into tumblr*

im demisexual guise
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 640x1136
>>5469679
>coming out as demisexual
Leave
>>
>>5469679
>I know this is a lgbt forum.
Okay good.
And lgbt stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Transgender.
Now use your brain for this one OP:
Where in lgbt does it say "demisexual"?
Did you find it?
Me neither.
Do you know what that means?
Follow this man's advise
>>5476515
and GET OUT
>>
>>5469679
>because 4chan has a gay board, that gives me the green light to shit it up with my made up tumblr sexualities
>>
>>5475956
You know literally nothing about demisexuality, or you wouldn't be using such retarded and pointless arguments.

>>5476554
LGBT also includes related topics, just like /tg/ is the go-to place for worldbuilding discussions even if it's not directly related to traditional gaming. We already have an asexual general here, not to mention /femgen/ which has a few cishet femboys. LGBT is really just a shorthand for non-normative genders and sexualities.
>>
>>5476789
>LGBT also includes related topics
True.
>We already have an asexual general here, not to mention /femgen/ which has a few cishet femboys.
Asexual is valid and /femgen/ is for gaybois, not disgusting breeders.
>LGBT is really just a shorthand for non-normative genders and sexualities.
That's false. The majority of non-normative shit is what nobody here is waiting for.

Nobody cares about a made up word that's more along the lines of a paraphilia than a legit sexual orientation, makes no sense according to greek/latin roots, and is only used by people who desperately try to be as unique as possible.

If you come here thinking you can discuss tumblr sexualities here while implying that they are more than desperate labels you're gonna get shit on.

And I can't blame them.
>>
>>5473213
Asexuals who become sexually attracted to individuals but don't want to lose their special snowflake status so they make up a new sexuality
>>
File: insulting bait.png (23 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
insulting bait.png
23 KB, 625x626
>>5479379
>special snowflake status
>>
>>5479541
And OP isn't?
>>
>>5481583
"special snowflake" doesn't really exist as a meaningful concept, it's just something used to silence people you disagree with
>>
>>5481791
Demisexual exists as an additional descriptor of one's sexuality. Special snowflake exists to silence and be dismissive of people's identities.
>>
>>5481799
pansexual otherkin pls go
>>
>>5481766
it's a concept that literally means something, it's a meaningful concept.
If you create a new gender or identity or sexuality just to be different then you're a fucking special snowflake.
People are individuals but not every aspect of out lives is different to every aspect of everybody else's lives.
>>
File: tumblr_m8nx4v0IAa1qbqdik.jpg (3 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8nx4v0IAa1qbqdik.jpg
3 KB, 126x126
Jesus Christ guys, stop bumping this thread, I'm trying to take a break from tumblr
OP, you're not going to get anything from /lgbt/
>>
>>5469679

>so I know this is a lgbt forum

Then you'd know it's for LGBT things. Take this shit elsewhere. Fucking fag.
>>
>>5481840
>it's a concept that literally means something, it's a meaningful concept.
Yes, "special snowflake" is a meaningful concept in the same way that "degeneracy" is a meaningful concept.

>If you create a new gender or identity or sexuality just to be different then you're a fucking special snowflake.
That's what the term "special snowflake" implies, but it's rarely the truth. There is literally no evidence that OP is doing it "just to be different".
>>
>>5481766
It's pretty easy to define, it's someone who makes unnecessary labels for themselves to compensate for their bland featureless personalities and cry for attention
>>
>>5481908
And again, you're assuming that people are making up labels to "compensate for their bland featureless personalities and cry for attention." You have literally no evidence of that. And the same has been said of normal LGBT people too.
>>
>>5469679
>guys.... I'm a hemi-demi-semi-queermo. I accidentally brushed up against another girl's boob with my elbow once.
>>
>>5482030
Demisexual doesn't say anything one way or the other about how much of a homo someone is. You can be 100% straight or 100% gay or anything in between and still be demisexual.
>>
>>5482008
No it hasn't, fucking kek. There's a reason the stereotype is flamboyant, nigger.
>>
>>5483696
>No it hasn't, fucking kek.
Yes it has. LGB calls trannies special snowflakes and asks them why they have to keep making stuff up instead of just being a normal homo.
>>
>>5475759
>>5475953
>>5476566

This
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.