[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is gender on a spectrum, /lgbt/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 06f25778d54f75793dcb1cd7bb4ee22e.jpg (811 KB, 1024x1398) Image search: [Google]
06f25778d54f75793dcb1cd7bb4ee22e.jpg
811 KB, 1024x1398
Is gender on a spectrum, /lgbt/?
>>
>>5469023
do feminine men and masculine women exist?
>>
>>5469109
Feminine men are no less male than masculine men.
>>
>>5469368
And yet one's presentation, or expression, is more masculine and the other's more feminine. What do you suppose it means, OP?
>>
>>5469023
No.
If you have a dick. You're male
If you have a vag. You're female
If you have both/neither, genetics just fucked you up senpai.
>>
>>5470715
that is sex.
gender is a social construct.
i don't care if you agree or not, eventually it will go out of fashion and you all will pick it up like the lemming contrarians you are.
>>
No. Gender doesn't exist. There is sex, and there are gender roles.
>>
nah

you're either a guy or a girl

pick one and go with it

gender roles are what need to be abolished, not gender itself

be a man with makeup and pink knee socks

or be a girl who.. uh.. well no one really gives a shit about women and what they wear or do so I guess girls can continue murdering their own children and getting let off the hook or something lmao
>>
>>5469023
>gender issues
All anybody cares about is whether you can become pregnant or not. Special snowflakes go choke
>>
File: 1450258938327.jpg (76 KB, 480x726) Image search: [Google]
1450258938327.jpg
76 KB, 480x726
>>5470746
Except no. A man in a dress is a man in a dress regardless of "muh feels."
>>
I'd be a lot more tolerant of the gender bandwagon if people just lived their lives and stopped talking about it
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 125x121) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 125x121
>>5470715
Triggered
>>
>>5472499
If you don't want to hear people talking about gender, why do you come to a board that exists largely for that purpose? That's like signing up for a class on calculus and then complaining that the professor talks about math too much.
>>
>>5469023
Gender is not a social construct. It cant be. Visual Gender is used to make opinions (you look fem your gonna be fem), On Paper Gender is used to do paper work.
>>
>>5472522
because gender issues are fucking stupid and anybody obsessed with them should be put in a camp until they die.
>>
>>5473533
Such as you.
>>
File: emptywaters.jpg (33 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
emptywaters.jpg
33 KB, 625x626
>>5472489
>>5473533
>>
>>5473582
sorry bro, i am normal

>>5473585
the water is empty because all the trannies are in the camp
>>
>>5473593
>sorry bro, i am normal
If you're "normal" (by which you presumably mean cisgender), you're clearly obsessed with gender issues, having entered a thread that exists specifically for discussing them.

>the water is empty because all the trannies are in the camp
No, it's empty because your bait is no good.
>>
>>5473790
Cisgender is normal, you broken faggot snowflake.
>>
>>5472489
seems like you can press both buttons
>>
I honestly don't understand this anymore.

Like, people want gender equality and to abolish gender roles.

But then they say there are different genders and such.

But if every gender can play any role because we're all equal

then there's no difference between genders

I can understand people being wrong with the wrong genitalia, but then again that's sex, not gender.

But for some reason it is old fashioned to talk about 'transexualism' and now it is called 'transgenderism'

but your gender is not what it changes when you transition, it's your sex, or your secondary sexual traits.

It just looks like a mess to me
>>
>>5476517
all definition is subjective. no one can change what you define as sex or gender, or what you believe makes you one sex or one gender, or what constitutes changing that, and no one deserves to have less rights because of it
>>
>>5476517
>But if every gender can play any role because we're all equal
>then there's no difference between genders
This is false. Gender is mostly down to physique and appearance, not what kind of role you fill in society. We got two sexes thus two genders, you dont need to fulfill any gender roles as either gender.

Like would you honestly confuse a dude for a girl just because he's a nurse or a housekeeper and takes care of the kids?
>>
>>5476555
>all definition is subjective
But aren't we discussing medical terms? People go on treatments and even surgeries because of this. I think there should be an objective definition.

>>5476574
>Gender is mostly down to physique and appearance

But when someone points that out, there's always someone who says "that's sex, not gender."

See:
>>5470746

So apparently your physique is not inherently related to your gender.
>>
>>5476660
>>5476555
unless you were born a hermaphrodite or similar, and meybe even so, you dont need to read a damn medical textbook to tell you who you feel you are, and you dont need anyone else deciding for you either. unless you ;literally live your life on an operating table, that doesnt matter. we know what a penis is, we know what a vagina is, the problem for people is the outside definition of these organs defining their identities.

pink is a goddam color,
is was never feminine until people said it was,
its just a goddamn frequency of light, it has no inherent meaning.
>>
>>5475232
Being cisgender is PART of what being normal entails. Just because you're cis doesn't mean you're normal, there's a lot more to being normal than just not having gender dysphoria.
>>
>>5476688
>you dont need to read a damn medical textbook to tell you who you feel you are

Of course not. And I was not suggesting that.

But I think it'd be good if there was a textbook that told you WHY you feel like that.

And for that I think there should be a clear distinction between sex and gender. Right now, it seems that the definitions of both overlap a lot.
>>
>>5476799
thats fair,
some arguments like these make me a little defensive, it feels like someone homophobic would abuse the sex versus gender argument just to remind a woman she had a penis. "hey you have a penis so that makes you a man, and definitions are all that matter so i must be right"
>>
>>5476772
like not mutilating one's own genitals?
>>
>>5476851
most transgenders dont alter their genitals...

my brother was born with clubbed feet, they shaved down the bones in his heels to allow him to walk properly, which he was for thirty two years. but you're right, he never should have been mutilated like that
>>
>>5476887
A circumcision isn't the same as castration
>>
>>5476891
you are no one to tell people that, o chop off some skin form your penis today, for the appearance, and tell me otherwise

also castration is one of the solutions to testicular cancer

everything is subjective, your beliefs are second to other peoples, not first
>>
>>5476851
That's a consequence of gender dysphoria. Someone can be completely cis, yet not be normal.
>>
>>5472049
This.
>>
>>5472090
you type like a tool
>>
>>5469023
No
Available Genders:
>male
>female
Warning: Attempting to create your own pseudo-genders will result in mockery, alienation, faggotry and hopefully death
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.