[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jobs and MtF's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1443154881965.jpg (44 KB, 480x519) Image search: [Google]
1443154881965.jpg
44 KB, 480x519
So, /lgbt/.. Quick question on the work place for MtF's. I'm a 23 year old MtF, have a decent job, but pays a bit less than I'd like, so I'm looking at other positions. I currently work as a programmer, and could do the same again and be fine with that, but I'm trying to figure out if getting a job after transitioning is difficult. I pass, but besides my name change, all of my legal documentation still claims I'm a male, so it's not like I can really hide it per se. I'm just a bit scared that this is going to prevent me from ever moving on towards something better.

Thoughts or suggestions..?
>>
>>5467109

The tech industry is so desperate for women that you'll probably have an easier time, trans or not, as a woman as long as you're reasonably competent. Yes there will be the one HR manager in a hundred that will look down on your trans status, the rest won't give a shit and consider it a +1 to diversity, which matters for some reason.
>>
>>5467109
Work freelance, all your problems are solved
>>
File: 1426680642113.jpg (42 KB, 359x599) Image search: [Google]
1426680642113.jpg
42 KB, 359x599
>>5467149
Freelance should only ever be a backup option, it's not fun having irregular income or needing to drive to pain in the ass locations

>>5467132
Basically that. Even if you're just there to satisfy a form filler's ultra rare pokeman you should be able to get in.

Just don't be weird.
>>
>>5468555
>>5467132
Do MTFs actually count as women for quota purposes? Do we need to have legally changed our gender on our drivers' licenses or something?
>>
>>5468587
If they are anything like my university they made me wait to apply for female stem grants until after I was legally female.
>>
>>5467109
My impression is that it would be easier on either case. Either they just think you're a woman or they think you're trans, both of which would earn you mega diversity points.
>>
How do i get a job in tech with no degree no experience?

Even a bottom barrel job would pay better than minwage so
>>
>>5470191
Learn on your own. Do something impressive [spoiler]like inventing a better google[/spoiler]. Get rich.
>>
>>5470191

Technical jobs are all about raw ability, at least until you get to the upper echelons where you start managing others more than doing work yourself.

You can self-learn and get an entry level job. Google is your friend. Use it. There's tons of guides for newbies to start learning any programming language and any tech niche(web dev, systems dev, frontend, backend, algorithms/data structures, iOS development, Android development, etc.) all for free or extremely low cost(free is always an option but a few dollars a month gets you access to some higher quality, up to date guides).

One thing you should be aware of is that nobody is going to give you a job if you have zero experience, no degree, and no self-driven github projects to show that you learned something yourself. The people that fail to get into this field fall into this category and start crying discrimination and other such bullshit when in reality they're fucking useless and expect to be handed a high paying job.
>>
>>5470272
What if i want a job as a cute trans maid
for the programmers so i can clean and make them food and give them backrubs and learn from them directly
>>
>>5470358
Honestly I would be happy to live under some beta nerds desk chained, in chastity and made to suck his dick whenever he wants.
I-I'm on the train. I shouldn't be getting this horny.
>>
I basically cut off my old life from my new one, and lie on previous names. My school and job don't know better. It's good stuff.
>>
>>5470426
Oh fuck it. I want to be blindfolded with my hands tied to my ankles. I want him to make me wear a ringgag and facefuck me whenever he feels like it. I want to feel a mix of cum and saliva falling out of my mouth into my lap
>>
>>5470433
Did you get a new social.
>>
>>5472633
No, but I did what I could
>>
>>5473391
I think if you say your old social was stolen you could get a new one. Then youll definately and completely be separated from your old life.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.