[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans Help General #90
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: Trans Help General.png (208 KB, 694x907) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General.png
208 KB, 694x907
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8
Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV )
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU
Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:
http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/search/text/trans%20help%20general%20%23/username/annicole/type/op/

Therapists: http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title=Therapists_by_region
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php
sort by transsexual issues

What will hormones do?
mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
ftm: http://imgur.com/HqTqvJg

Previous thread: >>5423756
>>
first for good job on the not-premature new thread
>>
This isn't exactly trans-related...well kind of but not really...
How am I supposed to tell how long women's pants, leggings, etc. are? Half the time I don't see a length? There's a huge difference in average women's heights too - I'd guess even more than men's.
>>
>Left tit hurts fiercely
>Right tit does nothing
Is it normal to only get one growing at a time?
>>
>>5465549
For jeans and quality pants, this shouldn't be an issue, since they come in different lengths (and quite often different fits) that are listed on the label.
For leggings, nylons and pantyhoses, it's unfortunately all too often one size or two fit all (not counting the plus sizes made for landwhales who really shouldn't wear tights or leggings in the first place anyways...) If you're taller than 5'7'', you should get the larger size.
>>
I dont want boobs
I dont want a vagina
I dont hate my dick
I dont want to get pregnant
Can i really be trans ?
>>
>>5465939
what makes you even think you're trans?
>>
Do transwomen take their hormones in pill form? Guys have to inject. How is that fair?
>>
>>5466030
It's fair because being a trans woman is like 200 times harder
>>
>>5466030
Our hormones may be a bit easier to take but FTMs are still way better off in the hormone department. T is crazy strong and as a FTM you really need nothing more than hormones, a masectomy, and a bit of exercise to pass perfectly.

Whereas hormones for MTFs are much, much less effective. They don't change the voice. They don't reverse balding. They don't change the face nearly as much. Even with hormones many MTF still struggle to pass without multiple expensive surgeries.

The areas where FTMs really get the short end of the stick are a less effective SRS and a lot more potential for health complications.

Otherwise MTFs and FTMs either share the same problems (height, shoulders, etc) or have problems that are exclusively MTF issues. (voice, face, adam's apple, hair).

Not to mention that you can crossdress as a girl and be 100% accepted socially unless you live in fucking Saudi Arabia or something. I don't want to turn this into a pity contest but complaining about it is really ignorant.
>>
>>5466046
I'm just thinking in terms of how the mones are administered - T is powerful and E isn't so much, so why does T get injected directly into muscle tissue while E is taken orally?
>>
>>5466060
You're thinking about it the wrong way. "More hormones = more female" is just going to get you breast cancer. Orally administrated estradiol (preferably sublingual) can easily get hormone levels in the upper end of the typical cis female range
>>
>>5465264
Femgen shitposter from last thread.

Still need advice in flattening/concealing development. Also something that can stop nodule pain please.
>>
File: 1347705283918.jpg (6 KB, 251x209) Image search: [Google]
1347705283918.jpg
6 KB, 251x209
>>5466065
Let me phrase it differently then. Orally administered E is sufficient to achieve a female hormone range. Why can't T be orally administered too? If T is more powerful than E then I wouldn't expect it to be ineffective in pill form.
>>
>>5466022
I want to look like a girl, skin, face, hair, clothes, body, etc.
I would be okay with very small boobs and i wouldnt mind having a dick as long as it doesnt bother me in the way i dress
>>
File: t_undecanoate_FDA_slides.png (219 KB, 1203x900) Image search: [Google]
t_undecanoate_FDA_slides.png
219 KB, 1203x900
>>5466060
Apparently an oral formulation of T exists but the levels are too variable, dependant on content of meal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone_undecanoate
>>
>>5466060
Male testosterone levels are, in healthy adults, often 10x (or more, depending on period of cycle) higher than female estrogen levels in the same age group (not even mentioning DHT). If we had to take 20-30 mg E2 to get to the normal female range, we would never be recommend oral either.
>>
>>5466082
>I want to look like a girl, skin, face, hair, clothes, body, etc.
>body
the body of a girl has boobs. so you do want boobs?
>>
>>5465917
They can have different growth patterns. The left one is often the first to grow, but the right one will eventually catch up. Some have them grow at the same rate, others the right one grows first.

>>5465549
The fun bit is some skinnies are supposed to be slightly shorter to show more ankle, etc.. Boot cuts are often a bit longer, and even longer yet if you wear them with heals. With heals they should cover your heal. Your best bet is to try them on with the shoes you will be wearing them with. Wide legs are often worn so long they are almost touching the ground. The foot is almost fully hidden in them.

General fit is another area. From curvy to slim for how curvy your profile is.

Sizing them, size the hips properly if they are stretch denim. The waist will then stretch to fit yours. They have quite a wide altitude in fit.
>>
>>5466089
So T has to be directly injected because it is required in much higher doses to be in normal range than E? Huh. Guess I assumed that the normal range of sex hormones was the same for both, it would just be easier to achieve for those on T because it's stronger. Suppose it is stronger but a heck of a lot more of it is required.
>>
>>5466103
The fun bit is DHT, which is made from T, is the masculinizer.
>>
>>5466103
I looked it up, apparently oral testosterone is really taxing on the liver, much moreso than estrogen, and sublingual administration can cause mouth irritation
>>
File: fuck.jpg (41 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
41 KB, 640x360
Anyone else self medding getting really... weird cravings

I've never had a problem with my weight, but now salty and sweet foods I get real cravings for, I feel like a weirdo.
>>
File: T.jpg (20 KB, 300x490) Image search: [Google]
T.jpg
20 KB, 300x490
I'm so lonely right now. The only person I really have to talk with is the therapist I see once a week. I'd moved back in with my parents after leaving the apartment I used to share with my ex, and now I'm finally moving into my own apartment, but it's not going to be ready until the 9th. My mom has gone nuts and now loathes me (she "disinherited" me on Christmas, lol fuck my life), so things are so tense here it's painful. I think, by the end of the day, I'm probably going to get asked to leave and stay in a hotel until then. I'm sick of being treated like a monster. I can't wait until I'm living alone.

I finally started T yesterday. My mom doesn't even know. She'd probably flip her shit about me shooting up dangerous chemicals in her house or something. I'm done trying to discuss my transition with or explain being trans to her after the disgusting comments she's made about the issue.

Looking at my face in the mirror in the doctor's office bathroom, I just couldn't imagine ever passing as male. On my way back from the doctor's appointment, I walked by an old-timey, shave-and-a-haircut barber shop, and I decided to take the plunge. When I told the hairdresser that I wanted a men's haircut, she didn't think I meant it - she thought I wanted a pixie cut or something. I went ahead and, with great trepidation, told her I was trans and just starting to transition. She turned out to be totally fine with it and even had a friend who had recently transitioned (FTM as well). She did a great job. With my long bob gone, I can't believe it, but I actually feel like I could pass right now with the right outfit.

I'm still learning to dress myself. I'm really disgusted with and ashamed of my body in the state it's in pre-effects-of-T-kicking-in, so I wear a lot of baggy hoodies and sweats and shit and probably look like a hobo. At least now maybe I'll be read as a male hobo.

Sorry for the TL;DR personalblogpost, but I'm so fucking lonely. Most of the time I want to die.
>>
File: zyzz.jpg (7 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
zyzz.jpg
7 KB, 320x180
>>5466157
You can do it
>>
>>5466151
It isn't unusual, but check your thyroid function. Something about hrt knocking the thyroid off kilter.

>>5466157
*hugs*
Give T some time to work it's magic. I'm heading the opposite direction, and I'm finally looking mostly female in the face, but I'll still need some FFS. Took 20 months.
>>
>>5466103
Does T cost more because of a higher dosage? For us FTMs anti-androgens+estrogen are like 5$ a day.
>>
>>5466128
These kinds of things make T sound like jet fuel. Conjures up an image of a runway with a girl gassing her car up just fine and a dude fucking up fueling his fighter jet and the whole thing just fucking explodes.
>>
>>5466095
I would accept them, but its not like i needed big boobs to feel a woman
>>
>>5466157
Also, sorry for samefagging, but on the topic of dressing myself, I have a question. I'm a hair under 5'4", which is fine for a woman, but now I'm going to be a manlet. Should I be like...buying shoe lifts? Do normal people even do that? I'm guessing not, but, then again, I never knew how many people were walking around wearing wigs or extensions until pretty recently, either. I'm just getting more self-conscious about my height the more I think about it.

>>5466060
Unimportant, but my doctor's actually having me inject T subcutaneously. Apparently it's pretty much the same, but a lot of people still think you can only do it intramuscularly. The more you know!
>>
>>5466157
>Looking at my face in the mirror in the doctor's office bathroom, I just couldn't imagine ever passing as male.

You'll most likely be fine. T is strong as fuck and even with a girly face you can still pass pretty well as a guy. Especially if you get facial hair and grow it a bit.

If I were a FTM I think I'd be most worried about height since there's really no changing that and being a manlet is a lot worse than being a guy with a pretty face.
>>
>>5466174
>its not like i needed big boobs to feel a woman
never meant to imply that. so you want to be a woman. i'm sorry but what was your question again?
>>
>>5466166
>>5466170
Thank you anons!

>>5466171
Oof, that's expensive. I'm sorry! I'd already met my deductible for the year, so I paid $0 for my first vial of T, and enough needles for a month cost under a $1. I wouldn't be able to afford any of this if insurance companies hadn't started covering a lot of transgender care recently.
>>
>>5466189
I dont feel trutrans because i dont want a fake pussy, i dont hate my dick, i dont want ugly tranny boobs, i dont want to get pregnant.
Does that makes me less trans ?
>>
>>5466183
>subcutaneously
it will get absorbed into the fat, and be released slower. That should lead to a more even level which is good.

There is one FDA approved T implant.
>>
>>5466198
What do you want from transition?
>>
>>5466183
Don't get shoe lifts. Take it from a former manlet MTF. While being a manlet sucks actively showing your insecurity about it with lifts is even worse if anyone find out. Plus your height is only going to be increased by like 2 inches so you'll still be in manlet territory even with them.

If you can pull off the look maybe get cowboy boots? They have a decently large heel and can increase your height to make you feel more confident, and if anyone sees them they'll just assume you like the style or something rather than thinking you're horribly insecure.
>>
>>5466195
Oh with insurance hormones are nothing even for us MTFs. The main costs come in with surgeries and blood tests and the like. I was just listing prices from online markets and such.
>>
>>5466183
Huh, seems like the kind of thing that different doctors would have ideas on which is the best way to do things.

Also dude, you are 3 inches taller than me so it could be much worse. I'm bitter about it but there ain't shit I can do.
>>
>>5466198
>i dont want a fake pussy
Doesn't make you less trans. Plenty of MTFs want a vagina but don't feel comfortable getting one with the current surgery options available and prefer to wait for better technology like stem cells or whatever.

> i dont want ugly tranny boobs
If you start before your mid 20s your boobs won't be any different from a cis girl's. Most of the ugly tits you see are older people who either used primitive methods of HRT like horse piss when they were young, or who transitioned when old and thus got no natural breast growth and had to get shitty implants.

> i dont want to get pregnant
Plenty of cis women don't want to get pregnant either.
>>
>>5466205
Thanks, that was what I was figuring. Cowboy boots are one of those things that I secretly really like and am not sure if I should be embarrassed about liking.

>>5466209
Ah, yeah, I'm not sure how the price of T generally compares with price of other hormones then.

>>5466212
Yeah, things definitely could be worse. It would be really nice if T made you have an upwards growth spurt, though.
>>
>>5466335
>not sure if I should be embarrassed about liking.

You may get teased about them a bit if you live in Europe or east coast USA or something but you should be fine. A lot of people like the look.
>>
>>5466183
If you live where cowboy boots are commonplace then wear those.
>>
I keep measuring myself as 34B no matter how many times I double check, but that really doesn't seem right to me, my chest looks fairly flat to me. I'm confused
>>
Hah, my dad just got all confused when I said something about contacting the surgeon who I want to do my top surgery. He said he thought I was "doing the hormone thing instead of that." Yeah, my goal in life is to be a man with boobs, pops.
>>
>>5465939
You fall somewhere within the spectrum of trans if you have any interest in becoming the opposite gender/sex.

A better question to ask yourself is if your symptoms deserve treatment.
>>
>>5466436
Cup size is based on the difference between your chest, measured just beneath your breasts, and the measure at the fullest part of your breasts.

A 26B looks much larger than a 34B. There's the same (roughly) extra Volume, there, but spread out over a much larger Area.
>>
>>5466582
>A 26B looks much larger than a 34B. There's the same (roughly) extra Volume, there, but spread out over a much larger Area.
Aaah, guess that explains it. Thanks
>>
>>5466582
>>5466624
No, a 34B breast will be much larger than a 26B. The will have the same difference in measurement between the bust and under bust measurements.
>>
>>5466659
Well, my understanding is that the two inch difference is much larger proportionally on a 26" bust than a 34" bust (1:13 ratio compared to 1:17). There is more total breast tissue on the 34B, but there's more boob relative to the person's body size on the 26B
>>
File: thousand yard stare.gif (686 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
thousand yard stare.gif
686 KB, 853x480
I posted this in the last thread but it died before I got very far, and I was wondering: is there any solid way to tell if I'm trans or not? I've been trying to figure myself out for nearly a year, so it's not something that seems to be going away. Here's what I recall about growing up, currently 21 and male.

>initial memories are of my mom and two older sisters, dad wasn't present much in early childhood and my older brothers had all moved out by the time I came along
>had a hard time making friends, most of the friends I kept for any period of time were girls
>Would want to wear my mom's shirts and gowns to bed, loved the feeling of soft silk and cotton on my skin, hated most of my own clothes but didn't really cross-dress in public
>Probably sexually confused early on, remember playing with ragtowels in the bath like they were tampons (plsnobully I was like 6)
>Wouldn't pee standing up, still go sitting down unless in public, hate the sound and the splash
>Have positive memories of my female teachers, got along well with all of them and didn't pay much attention to my male teachers until high school
>weak build and an effeminate gait kept me from participating in sports, never got into most the things the guys were into
>began experimenting with sexuality around 14, never had sex in high school because I felt like my body somehow wasn't good enough even though I was really pretty average
>started shaving my body at 16, not sure why, loved the feeling of clean skin
>began watching LGBT YouTubers including ZinniaJones etc., thought I may have just been bi but looking back on it, there was a curiosity about her that fascinated me
>Tried having sex again as an adult with several partners, still couldn't do it, began feeling like my body is somehow wrong
>began imagining/wishing I was female, occasionally wear girls' clothes

There's more I could touch on, but do any of these seem like particularly specific trans qualities, or am I just a colossal faggot?
>>
>>5466812
Some points to consider :

* Can you project yourself in the future as a man ? as a woman ?
* When did you start wishing you were a girl ?
* Do you have/had a negative opinion of transitionning/trans people ? At what age did you realize it was really "possible" to transition ?
* If you were ever mistaken for a girl accidentally, did it feel good in the instant ? (potentially embarassing situation non-withstanding)
* Can you describe more precisely what you feel as wrong regarding your body ?
>>
>>5466812
Sounds trans, plus the fact that you're worrying about this so much is a big red flag itself. It's not normal for men to want to be women
>>
>>5466845
With regard to your points:

>People have been more and more often referring to me as "Sir" or "Mr. Anon". It doesn't really bother me too much, but it's cementing in the fact that I'm old enough for the world to consider me a man. I've never seen myself as a man, and it always felt awkward as a boy. I think it would honestly be easier to see myself as a woman with proper training than a man, even though I've never had the experience of being a girl.

>I started really wishing for it earlier this year after an infection made me lose a bunch of weight and fucked with my body for a long time. At that point I had to reconsider my life and the direction I wanted it to follow, and I realized that there may have been a subconscious desire that I was suppressing for years.

>I've had mixed feelings about trans people in general. I have three or four friends who are openly trans and I've met a couple more, but there's something curious about them that intrigues me. When I first started learning about this sort of thing online, I was receptive to the idea and something about it resonated with me even though I couldn't quite explain it at the time. Then I resented transgenderism for awhile because I considered it abnormal and a degenerate lifestyle, even though it still intrigued me. Then the infection happened and everything began falling into place, and I realized the only reason I was hostile to them was because I was being hostile to myself. I've since become warmer to trans people and gotten to know my friends better, though I still have a few reservations.

>I have been mistaken for a girl once or twice, at least in high school when I had my hair long. It felt kind of good inside, though I recall it being a sharp reminder that I didn't really fit in with the boys and I wasn't one of the girls either.

Cont.
>>
>>5466222
>Most of the ugly tits you see are older people who either used primitive methods of HRT like horse piss when they were young, or who transitioned when old and thus got no natural breast growth and had to get shitty implants.
tfw 24...
>>
>>5466845
Cont.

>I don't feel like my body really "works" as that of a true adult man. Sure, I have the parts and everything works fine, but my face and build are rather effeminate and I make mistakes in public that a normal guy isn't supposed to make, like sitting the wrong way or speaking in a more lilting manner without trying. I feel like my body was meant to be assigned as female given most of my secondary characteristics, and that I was swapped into male at the last minute. Whenever I see the men in my family and friends, they're all a good bit different. They all are bigger, stronger and more powerful and domineering than I am and can pull off the"look", and I can't pull off any of it even when I try. I'm 5' 8", 118 lbs (down from 135 pre-infection) and look like a twink.

>>5466906
That's why I'm coming here to hope for answers on this. It's something I've been struggling to keep under control for the last year and it's just not going away.
>>
>>5466954
24 isn't old. You're probably not going to get full development but you'll get something unless your genetics are complete ass
>>
>>5466812
Just from that post you meet the criteria for GD. Get on AAs fast to stop the masculinization while you convince a therapist to let you have access to full HRT.
>>
>>5466958
>I'm 5' 8", 118 lbs (down from 135 pre-infection) and look like a twink.
5'8'' isn't too bad, 135 is still rather skinny. you could bulk up, get some muscle and pulling off the "look" would be much easier. is that something you'd like or are you content with being twinky material?
>>
>>5466991
But how do I know if this is legitimate? Not trying to be offensive to other trans people, but in my case how do I know for sure that this is real and not just me telling a bunch of b.s. to myself? I've tried telling myself repeatedly that I'm probably not actually trans and it keeps coming back to bite me in the ass. I need to know that this is the honest truth.
>>
>>5466958
Kill yourself
>>
>>5467002
I'm not sure. I've tried gaining the weight back but it seems to be gone for good. For every two pounds I gain, I lose one. I was as low as 115 immediately after it happened, and at this point I think it's safer to make do with what I have than try to push my body to its limits.
>>
>>5467012
<3
>>
>>5467003
Short of doing a brain scan as you smell male and female sweat, we can only go by your reaction to being on full HRT for a month. If you have a positive reaction you likely are trangender.
>>
>>5467032
That's an interesting idea. I'm going to try and see a therapist soon and if I can, I'll ask them about that.
>>
>>5467003
>not just me telling a bunch of b.s. to myself?
>I've tried telling myself repeatedly that I'm probably not actually trans and it keeps coming back to bite me in the ass.
well, telling bullshit to oneself can go both ways.
>at this point I think it's safer to make do with what I have than try to push my body to its limits.
hypothetically: if you'd have to be born a boy and develop as one. would you rather be girly or manly man in aesthetics? not what you find attractive but what you would rather be.
>>
>>5467003
I was like that as well, but about a month and half ago i just kind realized i was and that it wasn't goning to go away.

Is it making you miserable? If not then try not to worrry about it?
>>
>>5467003
>Not trying to be offensive to other trans people, but in my case how do I know for sure that this is real and not just me telling a bunch of b.s. to myself?
Do you have autism or OCD?

If not it would be very strange for a cis male to convince himself he's trans
>>
>>5467051
I'd have to say the former. I've never cared for the "manly man" aesthetic or persona. It just seems like a case of a person trying too hard to impress, imo.

>>5467057
It has been messing with me in a roundabout way. I entered a trade school in a highly male-dominated field in the hope of pushing past my feelings and making a better man of myself, only to realize a month before graduation that I'm in way over my head and I don't fit the part. A friend came out as FtM earlier this month and it's been on my mind ever since. I've been losing focus on work and school even though I'm very close to finishing and have to focus on my (hopeful) career, and instead most days and nights all I've been thinking about is how I'll probably never be a girl. I had my ears pierced right before Christmas just to feel more comfortable in my own skin a bit more, and when I saw myself in the mirror I felt like I have real potential to not be handsome, but beautiful.
>>
>>5467003
>>5467044

I second that. If you can't have HRT through your therapist, consider self-medding for 2 or 3 months.

You'll know if it's right for you after that, and worst case scenario you're a man lighter of 120$, and possibly with slight gynecomastia.
>>
>>5467107
Yeah, in my opinion sounds like your trans. Sorry buddy =(. If you aren't already i would suggest seeing a therapist, and specifically one that specializes in this kind of stuff it possible.
>>
>>5467080
Are we talking 4chan autism (in which case yes) or legitimate autism (in which case possibly)? I've been tested for high-functioning aspergers as a child, but there wasn't enough evidence to conclude if I have it or not. I personally speculate so, although if I do it's borderline and hasn't affected my social skills in years. Even so, I'm not sure I understand what that would have to do with a cis guy convincing himself otherwise. Can you elaborate?

>>5467112
It's worth a try.

>>5467125
Fugg. That's what I was afraid of. At least I live in an area where gender therapists are found in droves.
>>
>>5466965
I already had some breast tissue in lefty before I started, so hopefully that's an encouraging sign. I wanna make it to the promised land of Tanner V. I hate myself for waiting so long.

Still have to wait until May for AAs. Fuck the UK.
>>
>>5467169
Do you have money to order some online in the mean time?
>>
>>5467170
I do, but I feel like my endocrinologist would hate that.
>>
>>5467166
That is lucky you're in an area with a bunch of gender therapist. Might if i ask where that is?
>>
>>5467201
Portland, Oregon. Used to live in Olympia, Washington for awhile, but that kind of sucked.
>>
>>5467251
I've heard that place is great for trans people. I'm in the bay area so it isn't too bad for me.
>>
>>5467275
It's better than most places, I'll give it that. I'm from Montana originally, and there's fuck-all resources for LGBT people out there.
>>
>>5467282
Well i'm glad you're in a good place for that stuff. GL with the journey if you end up deciding to take steps towards transitioning.
>>
>>5467333
Thank you. Whether I transition or not remains to be seen. I just know I need to get this figured out.
>>
What the process for transition in UK like? Any idea of waiting list times? Is RLE needed for hormones?
>>
I think that I may be an FTM in denial, but I'm still really hesitant about trying T. Is there a way I could take a low dosage for a short period of time to see if it's right for me? Sorry, I'm really ignorant about this sort of thing.
>>
>>5467376
From what I've heard from fellow britanons, the process in the UK is to self-med
>>
>six months on 'mones
>finally get an epilator
>goes well with legs
>"alright let's see if I can handle this on my shitty chest hair"
>wincing in pain
>small trickles of blood coming out

...HRT gets rid of chest hair eventually, right?
>>
File: That sounds fucking terrifying.png (589 KB, 426x482) Image search: [Google]
That sounds fucking terrifying.png
589 KB, 426x482
Should I try taking less hormones than I am right now? My doctor has me on 6mg estradiol/200mg spiro/10mg Provera. I feel like it's a lot of pills for one, and I probably wouldn't have gone up to 6mg estradiol unless my doc suggested it (he's been doing trans care for decades and said the risks are really overblown and he even prescribes up to 8mg sometimes, and he's smart and I trust his judgment). I don't see my boobs growing very much in the future so I don't know if the Provera is gonna do much from here on out, and I guess specifically I was wondering if I could raise my T just a little bit up to like cis female levels if I cut my spiro. Anyone have any idea about this?
>>
>>5467472

HRT won't undo any terminal hair follicle development (why you don't lose your facial hair) but it will soften it to some degree and halt any further development of the vellus hair.
>>
>>5467474
Talk to your doctor, but I don't see why not.
>>
>>5467459
Self-med as in, buy hormones online?
>>
>>5467497
Yeah

UK medical system seems awful for trans
>>
Ayyo i need some advice. Estrofem or progynova?
>>
>>5467472
Get laser or electrolysis, hrt will do nothjng for any hair you already have developed
>>
>>5467605

Estrofem (estradiol).
>>
>>5467647
>>5467486
huh, I've read before that it changes a lot of body hair to vellus hairs over time. Was that wrong? Do you guys have any sources?
>>
>>5467659
Damn was hoping progybiva would be fine. Estrofem is triple the cost.
>>
Is hrt going to help any with mpb or should I be taking dedicated mpb meds while I wait for hrt?

How fucked am I? I first noticed hair loss around 9 months ago and it's gotten kinda thin on the front since then.
>>
>>5467718
It will stop any further hair loss and you may have a tiny bit of regrowth, but don't expect miracles. I would get on an anti-androgen ASAP if I were you
>>
>>5467718
Take mpb meds as well, finasteride isnt too expensive and you can get on it as soon as you go to the doctors, can potentially help a lot while there's a few topical things you can try to help with regrowth.
>>
>>5467718
5-6 mg of fina/dutasteride and 5% solution minoxidil has better than even odds of restoring hair, as well. Since you won't be losing hair anymore, the minoxidil would also only be a temporary requirement.
>>
>>5467669
It's the same shit.
>>
>>5467718
Get on finasteride ASAP. You should be fine though, 9 months isn't too long, and I expect the hair will probably thicken up again sharpishly.
>>
Hi, my facial hair is starting to come in more as I'm 19 and shaving always leaves a shadow now. Is there anything outside of laser I can do about facial hair? I've got some chin and neck pubes too. Pretty much every day I go out I feel conscious about the tinted skin and stubble, I also have black hair and pale skin.
>>
>>5467787
No, get laser
>>
>>5467791
Will that get rid of the shitty gray shadow
>>
>>5467819
Yep
>>
>>5467822
Thanks friend. I can't stand being small and petite with a spicstash in the regs. Wish I could've gotten an anti androgen before it started coming in more.
>>
>>5467822
Oh, and is laser just in the face generally expensive? I'm poor so 300 bucks or so is valuable to me.
>>
>>5467729
>>5467744
>>5467755
>>5467771

Thank you very much! I'll try and get it asap.
>>
>>5467880
Well, this is only speaking for me, but for example, one place near me does 3 sessions for 250.
>>
Hey there, So I'm kinda new to all this, and gonna self med to keep it on the dl til I feel comfortable coming out to people. just ordered Spiro and Estradiol. I know the reccomended dosage and all that, but I dont know a good regemin to put myself on.
I've also beeing looking into pueraria mirifica, for enhancing breast growth. Not sure if I should mix that with hrt or use it at all.
Important Note I do want to maintain use of my boy parts downstairs. I bet my ass would get more action but I'm used to being a top.
Any advice would be nice
>>
>>5467880
It's one of the most expensive things about transitioning usually.
>>
File: partialautist.jpg (131 KB, 634x674) Image search: [Google]
partialautist.jpg
131 KB, 634x674
>that feel when you have to deal with late realization (22, have known for 4 months and the doubts just keep fading away) and you have crippling social anxiety/low self-esteem

How do I even find the courage to ask a therapist to help me fix my identity when I'm too socially crippled to take that step in the first place? Just kill me already.
>>
>>5468152
shia_labeef_motivational.mp4
>>
>>5468169
It doesn't work, anon. It's got the same effect on me as a video of a guy telling smokers to stop smoking or they'll get cancer.

Doesn't help that the main reason I think transitioning is worth it is not purely existential, but because I don't think I can get intimately involved with anyone as a man. Like I can relate to 99% of what this anon (>>5467107) has said so far. Except, I don't "yearn" to be a girl, but I don't want anything to do with manhood and I have this intrinsic feeling that I would be a functional human being if I were a girl.

In fact the more time passes and the less I feel in general, it's becoming increasingly difficult to take my desires at face value. Hell I don't even know what my sexual orientation is supposed to be. It's like I'm becoming the bored spectator of my own empty life.

[/blog]
>>
UK mtf here
So I've found a therapist who is informed of gender dysphoria in my area

1) Is it worth going to her first or should I just go to my GP?

2) Can therapists prescribe HRT in the UK?
>>
>>5468300

here's a story about what happens if you linger like this another 7 years like I did. this year on my 29th birthday I got a lovely card from my parents

> We're so proud of the man you've become.

imagine the sting of getting that birthday card yourself seven years from now and see if you can take your feelings about that at face value
>>
>>5468300
>I don't want anything to do with manhood and I have this intrinsic feeling that I would be a functional human being if I were a girl.
That's called being trans
>>
I got on finasteride pretty quick and took it for a while. I still have bare temples which sucks but they're easy enough to cover and it saved the rest of my hair. Recommend.
>>
>>5467533
That's bullshit, I pay my taxes!
>>
>>5468351
It's worth seeing your GP to get that sweet sweet NHS referral. Those take fucking forever to come through once you're referred, but it's worth getting the ball rolling so you can get free NHS shit further down the line once you're flat broke. I got referred back in July I think and I'm hoping to have a first appointment sometime in 2016 maybe. Trick is not to wait around for them and get on with shit anyway.

I know less about your second question. NHS GIC people are gatekeepy as fuck. The private route I think you see an endo and they require second opinions from therapists or something like that but I'm talking out of my arse in the hope it'll annoy someone more knowledgeable into correcting me because I'm interested too.
>>
>>5468351
You need to talk to your GP and get referred to a clinic where you can be prescribed hormones. The waiting list is long so you should start to self med now. qhi.co.uk.
>>
>>5468300
There's not really any good advice in this situation. It's all a bit banal.

But you are essentially the frog in the boiling pot, except you realised the situation is untenable. So, it's not getting better by itself, and you ARE going to jump out eventually.

I don't know where you are or what your particular anxieties are like, but take what applies, if any: do a little research on some therapists. Search the web and try to familiarise yourself with what the appointments will be like. If you can, ask local people who've transitioned about the system/process, or whatever you need to know.

Try to get started in the smallest way.
>>
>>5468406
>We do not sell the following classes of drugs:
>Transgender HRT
Ah.
>>
>>5468453
They do though

Most drugs used for HRT have more common uses, for example spiro is used to treat high blood pressure, and post-menopausal women take estradiol. Transgender HRT are niche uses for these drugs
>>
>>5468453
That's a lie, they do sell it. Check the hormones tab and the specialised tab.
>>
>>5468453
Just search estradiol and spiro or cypro
>>
>>5468365
I know I won't have "become a man" by then. I look at my colleagues and I see grown men and women, then I look at myself and I see someone who went through puberty but got mentally stuck on the starting blocks.
But honestly I don't see myself going on with the same mental state for the next 7 years without becoming alcoholic or wishing to have some kind of accident.

>>5468370
Or being incredibly delusional and mentally ill. I think too much all the time, and as time goes on, it's almost like I can't tell if I'm further actknowledging my true feelings or getting increasingly deluded by faulty associations, to the point of convincing myself I have body dysphoria. (Yeah that sounds ridiculously unlikely)

What I know for sure is that I really, really want to actually be trans and not simply autistic/OCD, despite the social backlash of being trans.
>>
>>5468506
So if I had a magic device that could scan every inch of your brain and tell you if you're trans or not, you'd want it to come up positive? Why's that?
>>
>>5468365
But more to the point:
>imagine the sting of getting that birthday card yourself seven years from now and see if you can take your feelings about that at face value
I don't think I fully can, I mean emotionally it feels mildly unpleasant, it's not something I'm actually experiencing and it's had to project myself. And at the same time, there's the voice in my head saying "that's how I'm supposed to feel like because I'm trans". That fucking voice of excessive rationalization that is dedicated to destroying my self-esteem in almost every aspect of my life.
Guess I am fucked in the head, regardless of the gender issues.
>>
>>5468438
Thanks. I've actually taken small steps towards that, but facing the concrete social implications of transition, and encountering the hons (France is kind of a gatekeeping country, though it doesn't seem as bad as the UK) just brings a lot of anxiety. I'm slowly getting there though.
>>
>>5468521
Because everything about being a man, I find less appealing and representative of myself than the female counterpart. And because if the result came out as negative, I wouldn't have the slightest idea of how else to fix myself.

That was pretty helpful, but it's depressing that I've already gone over this consideration several times, and still have doubts.
>>
>>5468482
I'm the other britfag asking about self-medding and it seems like transwomen get all the meds and nothing left for the guys. Am I blind or is there nothing resembling testosterone?
>>
>>5468605
hrt for transmen is a lot more dangerous, I'd probably only try to get it legit if I was you.
>>
>>5468560
>>5468601
I think I understand. It's some endless cycle of thoughts like
think something that indicates being a guy wouldn't be so bad -> worry that you're not really trans and it's all been some other thing -> feel like shit because that would mean being a guy the rest of your life, which would be terrible
I think this validates your transness, if anything.
>>
File: 1411240580154.png (271 KB, 385x432) Image search: [Google]
1411240580154.png
271 KB, 385x432
>>5468637
The fun never stops.
>>
Really want to see a therapist about all of this, and there's even one close by who claims to specialize in this stuff. Problem is I'm still on my parents medical coverage and have no idea how insurance works. My fear is that it'll show up somewhere, and they'll look into it.

I just need insight on how to be sneaky about this.
>>
>>5468806
Ask him if he can list the reason for treatment as Major Depressive Disorder or something and not Gender Dysphoria
>>
I turn 18 in a couple of weeks and am wondering if it's still a good age to start HRT (mtf)

I intend to start this year if I can (had problems scheduling therapist appointments due to my schedule but that might be solved soon), but don't know what I should expect from HRT at this age.

So, what should I expect to get out of it if I start
at 18?
>>
>>5468894
You're young and stupid. Seek therapy for advice. See an endocrinologist for meds. In the meantime, while you wait for doctor approval and a script for medication, self-med with T blockers.
>>
File: isbait.png (26 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
isbait.png
26 KB, 527x409
>>5468894
>>
>>5468894
Better late than never. It's not like you're going to stop being trans

Anyway 18 is fine. <25 is still categorized as a young transitioner. You're still young enough to get a strong impact from HRT, although you can't undo some of the damage done by testosterone. Keep in mind a lot of passing comes down to your genetics.

You can look up the effects of mtf HRT in post-adolescents pretty easily.
>>
>>5468680
Pretty much this.
Now I "just" need to tell that face to face to a therapist instead of anonymous people on the internet.
why.
>>
>>5468395
Another question if you're still here
How did you get your GP to refer you to the NHS?
Did you just say "Hi I'm trans, refer me to NHS pls"
>>
>>5468994
yep pretty much

> I'm trans
> Oh
> Yup

Then a horrendous 30 minute conversation in which she implied it was a symptom of mental illness or childhood sexual abuse. But she referred me in the end so hurray.
>>
>>5468506
> I know I won't have "become a man" by then

Kind of my point. You hit 29, people start *calling* you a man. It stings.

> But honestly I don't see myself going on with the same mental state for the next 7 years without becoming alcoholic

This is exactly where I'm at so I'd say yep good guess
>>
>>5466080
it just doesn't work that way fampai
different chemicals and shit
>>
>>5466080
Different types of chemicals get absorbed and metabolized differently, it has to do with the size and structure of the chemicals. Sorry, I really wish the HRT side of things was easier for FTMs.
>>
>I'm 16 and 5'4 am I too old for homrones and too tall to ever pass?? forever a hon :((
>>
File: 1413167525045.jpg (259 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1413167525045.jpg
259 KB, 720x1280
>>5469833
There is beauty in tall women.

Watch runway shows to better appreciate the positive aspects of being tall.
>>
>>5469861
(A fair number of them are secretly MTF though.)
>>
>>5467663
with some people it does, with others it doesn't. I'm 15 months on hormones and my facial hair is still black as the night, a friend of mine has blond-ish hair after the same time.
>>
>>5469260
Kek
I'll try that then in a week or two
Wish me luck
>>
>>5467166
Though unproven some people think there is a link between people with Aspergers or OCD and thinking they're trans when they're not

Honestly though, try HRT for 3 months, the mental changes will tell you whether you like it or not, it's the only real test tbqh
>>
File: 1387502432756.png (48 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
1387502432756.png
48 KB, 350x277
>>5469812
>>5469783
Ah, chemistry is hard. Guess ease of HRT is something transgirls have over the guys.
>>
File: 1318562278001.jpg (10 KB, 193x245) Image search: [Google]
1318562278001.jpg
10 KB, 193x245
>>5472523
>OCD and thinking they're trans when they're not
>>
File: 1379037446985.jpg (71 KB, 480x380) Image search: [Google]
1379037446985.jpg
71 KB, 480x380
>>5473549
I think it just makes me obsessed with telling myself I'm not. It does that with other mental illnesses too. Even when I say to myself, "Wow, it is very clear I have depression, I exhibit many symptoms" it kicks in and goes "NAH CUNT HERES SOME IRRATIONAL REASONS TO THINK YOURE FINE, SUCK IT UP FAGGOT". It's also made me question if I had OCD, too. That's rather ridiculous. Or maybe it's the driving force in me feeling like I am. I don't fucking know anymore. New Years Resolution: Kill myself so I can be free of this shit.

I've been thinking about how I think. How I get referred to in my thoughts. Boyname, girlname, he, she, as a male in the future, as a female. I wonder if all the boy stuff is just me getting used to envisioning myself as a girl in the future, and using girl pronouns and stuff. I'm pretty damn certain if I stay as a guy I'm gonna kill myself, so that's out of the question, I'm just overthinking small details that matter to me.

I wish there was a cure for OCD though, I'm fucking tired of obsessing about it. I asked my therapist about medication for it, he told me they were pretty much the same pills as anti-depressants. Guess I'm fucked.

Really can someone just kill me already, I'm so tired of this. I'll never be a fucking girl. Ever. And even if I do, I'll be a shitty one. And I've wasted 19 years already as a guy. I guesss I'm not too beat up over that last one, there's no sense in lamenting what you couldn't control and for the most part they were alright years anyway, but it still makes me a bit upset. I want to grow up as a girl. I missed out on all that shit.

I dunno just fuck OCD my whole life would have been a lot easier without that shit. Its always been there fucking with me. Made me think I was gonna die all the time as a kid. Now it's fucking with my mental health.
>>
>>5473549
like I said, it's not necessarily the case, there's been a few papers saying it's true but they have dubious sample sizes and intentions

Try HRT for a few months, the physiological changes it makes to you will not lie, if it feels right you'll know it. Just be aware that it can be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster so feeling up and down isn't how it feels if it's not right for you, that's just how it works at first. If you feel better and more comfortable than you have done for years during the 'ups' then yeah, it's probably right for you.
>>
File: 1413940182681.gif (811 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
1413940182681.gif
811 KB, 500x268
>>5473619
My bloodwork and consultation appointment is next week. I think how close I'm getting to doing it is just making things really ramp up. All I feel when I think about it is anxiousness. Am I about to fuck my life up? Needles! What if I'm wrong about this? What if I'm right? What if I get declined? So much worrying going on in my head. I feel like crying right now, this shit is so hard.
>>
>>5473657
as long as you can tell whether it's right for you or not within the first few months you can always stop cold turkey and be totally fine, the mental changes come within the first couple of months usually, long before most of the physical changes
>>
>>5474526
Speaking from personal experience, at about 4 months I started noticing drastic mood improvements. I had been better than usual before that anyway, but I think that's likely credited to elation from finally starting HRT
>>
File: 140.jpg (19 KB, 192x279) Image search: [Google]
140.jpg
19 KB, 192x279
>>5472523
>OCD and thinking they're trans when they're not
>>
>>5473619
what if I feel basically no better or worse after like 2.5 months?
>>
I have a question.

How are you supposed to come out when you cannot even hold a conversation?
>>
>>5475442
You keep it a secret until its so obvious they start noticing.
>>
>>5475442
Visual or written.
>>
>>5472523
>>5474526
Lot of talk here about doing HRT for a few months to really find out/make sure--anybody have more info on that? I'd like to talk to my therapist about it and get referred to an endocrinologist, but I don't know if she'll buy the idea as she's been a little behind on trans stuff in the past. An article or two, or even a suggestion of what to search to find documentation on it would be really helpful.
>>
File: 1407146772145.gif (387 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
1407146772145.gif
387 KB, 269x270
>>5475438
You know, while I can see how someone with OCD could end up in that situation, I'm willing to be a lot of trans people have OCD too. This isn't based on much really, just how common OCD seems to be and how trans tend to have a lot of other things going on in their head besides being trans.
>>5474526
>>5474627
That both comforts me and worries me. I'll probably start feeling better, if just because I'm finally feminizing and stuff, but if I don't really get this mood improvement then it's not exactly working and I in fact, wasn't trans all along. I don't know what to do at that point because I cannot see myself just growing out of this or something. I tried to get over it, it didn't work. If not even HRT will help me I don't even know, bridge jumping time I guess.
>>
>>5473619
I'd take big downs any day over not feeling anything all the time, really.
>>
File: mtffatredistiribution.png (25 KB, 1239x227) Image search: [Google]
mtffatredistiribution.png
25 KB, 1239x227
Is this true or just hocus pocus?
It honestly sounds like something you'd post on cheatplanet
>>
>>5477567
It makes sense but I have no science to back that up. Barring some unseen metabolic magic it looks like a case of slow constant redistribution versus nothing while you lose weight and then more dramatic redistribution as you put it back on.
Something to ask my Endo next week I guess.
>>
Selfmedding spiro.

Is one dose when I wake up and one dose 12 hours later okay sounding?
>>
>>5477798
Thats how its done, yep. 12 hours apart as close as you can get keeps the levels most consistent, just take it on an empty stomach.
>>
>>5477844
Is it okay to go to sleep soon after taking it or not?
>>
>>5477844
>just take it on an empty stomach.
Why?
>>
>>5477844
>just take it on an empty stomach
>>5477936
>Why?

You can, but Spiro can be irritating to your digestive system and it has been shown that taking it with food can actually increase it's absorption.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3769384

>>5477875
>Is it okay to go to sleep soon after taking it or not?
Sure, but you might wake up to pee a few times. I have to pee at least once and I take it hours before so that might not really make a difference.
>>
>>5465264
So I have a bottle of estradiol (2mg pills), but they're "expired" by a few months. Are they still alright to take sublingually until I can get my next script?
>>
>>5467605

You can take progynova sublingually, so there's no difference.

>>5469861

Pretty sure that's a joke post.
>>
>>5468152

I am like you and I had some success admitting it. My first step trying to go legit after self-medding for three months was to call my insurance to see what mental health professionals they have in-network for gender issues. I made that call in public. I was a bit hesitant before I said why I was calling, but I just said it. Though I was walking down a public street without many people (no idea if there were any walking behind me though).

Immediately after that call, I walked over to my PCP's office for a referral for mental health. I was planning on telling my doctor specifically why and ask for a blood test, but it was really busy since it was a Monday, and the other doctor from the practice had to see me. I told him it was depression (which isn't incorrect) that I needed to see someone for. I didn't ask for the blood test either.

The place he wrote the referral for wasn't accepting any more patients. So I went to the hospital he suggested if they couldn't take me, which was near my college after emailing the psychiatrist there. I told him over email . What I was really embarrassed about was to look so manly yet say I feel like I'm a girl. It's sad. He wrote me a referral to the endocrinologist in the office above his because he treats other transgender patients and I didn't have anyone in mind.

I went upstairs to set up an appointment without mentioning what for (figured there was no need to tell anyone if I'm not sure I'll be seen), but they said I would have to see the doctor through the primary care center of the hospital since he doesn't take my insurance in his own office. The earliest appointment was in March because he does only one day a month in the clinic. I'm pretty sure this was in November.

Just saying "Fuck it" helps a lot. I didn't even feel that bad when I was talking to the therapist and over the phone. Nowhere near bad enough to justify the time I had been closeted.

>>5475442

I'm going to come out with a letter.
>>
>>5475459
Please? Any info would help a lot
>>
>>5477936
>>5477844

God damnit that was a typo, was supposed to be "just don't take it on an empty stomach" Sorry anon.
>>
>>5478274
Present the idea to her and let her know it's what other people are saying. What's the worst that could happen? She either considers the idea or calls you a liar and denies treatment.
>>
This is a retarded question but where do I go to get my eyebrows plucked/shaped?
>>
>>5478435
A salon.
>>
>>5478438
Like a hair salon?
>>
>>5478435
buy a tweezer, then google "how to pluck and shape my eyebrows" and follow the instructions
>>
Do most people feel like their outward appearance isn't representative of themselves at all? Like sometimes I spend 20 minutes staring at my reflection trying to figure out what's wrong, and to come to terms w the fact that this is what most people see when I talk to them. Also sometimes when I catch my reflection in a window or something it's jarring and upsetting. Seems like a trans thing (I've got other reasons to think I'm trans besides this though) but maybe I'm just ugly. I feel like it wouldn't be so bad if I was ugly in a different way, though.
>>
>>5468365
Are you me?

This same thing happened this year... I wanted to die...
>>
>>5478455
That's either a trans or body dysmorphia thing. If you feel like you'd be better represented by an opposite-sex body then ur a tranny
>>
>>5478442
No, a collection of french enlightenment intellectuals sponsored by a wealthy individual, often a woman.
yes a hair salon
>>
>>5478429
>calls you a liar and denies treatment
This is what I'm trying to avoid by providing reference material...
>>
>>5478442
Not necessarily a hair salon. Some salons specialize in nail and facial grooming while not offering services for hair.
>>
>>5478274

I've got something.

http://www.avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm

>Psychological pressure comes from society's strong expectations that one conform to one's assigned gender role. This an obvious tenet. Physiological pressure is less obvious but most likely results from the inability of the individual's body to produce sufficient cross-sex hormones. This becomes evident in the fact that within days or weeks of receiving cross-sex hormones, dysphoric individuals exhibit markedly lower anxiety. This procedure is so reliable that it is the second step in a the triadic treatment plan described in the Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association's (HBIGDA) Standards of Care. (W. Meyer, et al.,2001). Hormonal treatment is considered both a verifier of gender dysphoria and a treatment. Further, as treatment continues, the resulting cross-sex feminization or masculinization typically reduces and eventually eliminates the anxiety entirely (W. Meyer, et al.,2001).

http://www.avitale.com/treatmentoptions.htm

>The problem is that unlike non-dysphoric individuals, people with gender dysphoria experience these otherwise normal hormone levels as the source of much anxiety. When testosterone is administered to a gender dysphoric male there is an immediate increase in anxiety. Conversely, when the same individual is given estrogen, he typically reports experiencing a profound sense of well being. Gender dysphoric females report feeling a similar sense of well being when given testosterone.
>>
>>5479015
Ah, thank you so much!
+1 internet for you!
>>
So I've been taking Estradiol for about three weeks now, sublingually. I can feel a stabbing pain in my left nipple, which I guess is a good thing, but I can't help but wonder how much of this stuff is getting absorbed under my tongue. How can I know I'm not actually swallowing half of it?
>>
>>5479015
>Gender dysphoric females report feeling a similar sense of well being when given testosterone.
You mean FAAB, right?
>>
>>5479588
That's what it means, yes.
>>
>>5479103
How long do you let it dissolve under your tongue? (Also, I don't really remember getting stabbing pains, more general aches and such; it's probably nothing to be worried about, but if you aren't self-medding it might be a good idea to mention this to your doctor.)
>>
>>5479618
>How long do you let it dissolve under your tongue?
Forty minutes to an hour.
>>
>>5479659
Okay, that should be fine.
>>
>>5479015
you know, i really wish they'd stop using "male" and "female" to mean gender assigned at birth. not even as a disrespect thing, it just gets confusing.
>>
>>5479913
MAAB and FAAB are quickly becoming standard.
>>
>>5468152
if you don't do anything you'll wait another 2 years like me and start getting dragged down at 24 instead
>>
>>5468152
Better to do it now at 22 than at 29 like I did.
>>
Where can I find cypro online? I'm switching from spiro to cypro (self-med) and my typical source doesn't have it in stock.
>>
>>5480507
I found this site http://www.unitedpharmacies.com - I'm considering switching too for my next order. why are you switching and should I?
>>
>>5480545
I found it too, but is it legit? Does anyone know?
>>
>>5480562
I asked once before but nobody responded
>>
>>5480545
>>5480562

I was going to order from there when I was switching from spiro to cypro, but they were out of stock at the time. I emailed them about when they would restock, but whoever answered said that it was already out of stock for a while, so it was safe to assume they discontinued it. I doubted that, but I ordered from IHP anyway because I still didn't know when UP would have more.
>>
>>5480573
looks like ihp doesn't have it in stock anyway

why exactly is it not fda approved in the us?
>>
>>5480545
I really just want to maximize feminization. Not entirely sure if spiro is working very well on me.
>>
>>5480682
I'm looking into better AAs too, bicalutamide right now. it's used a lot in treating advanced prostate cancer as an alternative to castration, it seems from the literature. can't find papers on trans stuff though
>>
>>5480686
I looked into it too, but all sources I found had it very expensive. Well over $3 per day worth of pills. I wouldn't mind trying cypro first.
>>
>>5480850
unitedpharmacy has it at $1.3 if you take 50mg, but several people I've seen take half that, some even less.
honestly the more I look into it the more I'm considering trying it
>>
>>5480850
>>5480967
$1.14/50mg rather
>>
>>5480967
Really? Everything I've seen said you have to take like 100-150mg. Do you have any sources I can look at of people doing just 50mg or less of bicalutamide?
>>
>>5480972
I don't have sources as I've seen nothing in the literature about it being used for trans stuff, only prostate cancer. It's all anecdotal, mostly from reddit. Look for yourself https://www.reddit.com/search?q=bicalutamide&restrict_sr=&sort=relevance&t=all
In retrospect, I might be mixing up the doses from this and other shit I've looked at, maybe cypro actually. I'm going to look again but you should too. Because honestly it sounded great
>>
>>5480972
I think one reason why it's not used as much is that it's harder to check effectiveness via blood tests, because it only effects the binding of testosterone, not the production. but if you're self med that's inconsequential
>>
>>5481090
*affects

>>5480972
also yes, it looks like there are some anecdotes of people taking 12.5mg. also 25mg. interestingly I can't find or have forgotten any 50mg examples. too tired right now but I'm going to look more later
>>
>>5481091
I just found an example online of someone doing 50mg.
http://www.tgboards.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9449
I actually might make the switch now. so unitedpharmacies.com right?
>>
Is it odd that my therapist hasn't diagnosed me with anything particularly after three sessions? She also didn't seem to take notice the several times I suggested I might need a diagnoses from her to receive further treatment. Nothing other than this makes me think she doesn't believe I'm no trans. At times she sounds more convinced than I am.
>>
Am legitimately not sure why being trans ins classified as a mental disorder, you cant be born the wrong gender unless you are literally a mutant and were born with both male and female parts.

Dont get me wrong, i dont dislike trans people, i just dont understand how someone who believes to be a wolf in a human body (otherkin) can be ridiculed, but some one who believes that they somehow are "The wrong gender" cant.
>>
>>5481167
The otherkin is faking it. The tranny is not. Nobody wants to be a tranny, but are forced to be one by their intense revulsion, hatred, and disgust at being a male/having a male body, filling a male role, etc. It just makes you feel like total shit, until you take titty skittles and start looking like a girl.

I absolutely think it's a mental disorder, however, it's certainly not as worthy of ridicule as otherkin and other snowflake shit like that.
>>
>>5481172

Ok, kinda expected that answer, and, i just realized that i unironically compared a type of people to otherkin, i am actually sorry.

but yeah, i do think its a mental disorder, its not something that is evolutionarily positive. Some people argued the same for gay/bi people but sexual preference is obviously a result of imprinting, though thats my opinion.
>>
>>5481167
Because you could never have been born a wolf or anything other than a human. It's literally impossible. Or even another human race. That's impossible too.
However, it would have been possible, and not even all that unlikely, for you to have born the other gender. Therefore, it's possible for things to get screwed up (i.e. hormones received in the womb, brain structure, etc.) and result in a mismatch between mental identity gender and physical body sex. This mismatch causes the person intense distress, which is known as gender dysphoria and is the actual medical condition in question here.
>>
>>5481167
The DSM explains it clearly:
http://www.dsm5.org/documents/gender%20dysphoria%20fact%20sheet.pdf
>>
File: 1450643573539.png (290 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450643573539.png
290 KB, 640x480
Anyone want to spot me like $50 so I can order three months worth of hormones off of ADC? Somehow I'm too fucking poor to afford it on my own, and I work full time.

Secondary Question: Assuming progesterone, would it be better to start it alongside estrogen and take it consistently, or stagger it like some people do?
>>
>>5481526

Well, menarche starts an average of 3.1 years after thelarche in non-black girls (2.6 years in black girls). And progesterone levels rise at time of menstruation. So, I would think you should leave a gap between starting estrogen and progesterone.
>>
>>5480602

Well I ordered from IHP December 4th.

I think it was too toxic to the liver at the doses necessary for the purpose the pharmaceutical company planned it for.
>>
>>5481588
Which strikes me as dumb, tbqh. There are many more toxic medications available in the states than Cypro that the FDA seems to be a-okay with.

IIRC, isn't Cypro only REALLY hard when taken in doses of like 300mg? I remember that being the normal dosage for men taking it for prostate cancer. 50mg should be substantially less harmful for transitioning, right?
>>
>>5481621

http://livertox.nih.gov/Anti-androgens.htm
http://livertox.nih.gov/Cyproterone.htm

>Because of its potential to cause liver injury and its inferior efficacy in comparison to other antiandrogens, cyproterone is now rarely used. The typical dose regimen is 50 to 100 mg two to three times daily, often in combination with a gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist such as leuprolide, goserelin, histrelin or triptorelin. Common side effects include hot flashes, sexual dysfunction, nausea, diarrhea, weight change and fluid retention.

So yeah, the dangerous doses could range from 100mg-300mg. I am taking 25mg. It also says up a bit higher in the same paragraph as this excerpt that the proposed use is prostate cancer, but has also been used for endometriosis and acne.
>>
Been on E for about a month and a half now, doing DIY. Will switch over to a prescription in a few months, kinda just wanted to try it on my own for a while, see if I like it, so far its awesome.

Any ways, my nips are starting to hurt, skin kinda feels softer, wayyy less boners, ect. Anything I can do to make this shit more effective? Anything to make boobs grow faster? Exercises I should be doing? Food I should be eating?

Also I have way less energy, I drink a lot of caffeine to combat it. Any other things that might help?

Sorry if this shit gets asked a lot...
>>
>>5481750
Also how the fuck do I tell if my E can be taken sublingually?
>>
>>5466195
>I wouldn't be able to afford any of this if insurance companies hadn't started covering a lot of transgender care recently.
Which insurance are you on if I could ask? Or any other anons in general - I'm already looking it up, but it doesn't hurt to get people's personal experience with different providers, so I might as well ask.

(I tried to post this yesterday, but weirdly, it doesn't seem to be going through no matter what, lmao.)

(Also, same boat as >>5481750, sorry if this gets asked a lot, newfag here....)
>>
File: IMG_20160102_141334415.jpg (479 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160102_141334415.jpg
479 KB, 720x1280
What do I need to work on most?
>>
>>5481899
Ask your pharmacist. If you self-med, just look it up.
>>
>>5482645
Yeah I tried looking it up, the internet seems to not have decent fuck answers. I am taking progynova, I see people saying that it works sublingually and some saying it doesn't.
>>
File: 20160102_163650-1.jpg (824 KB, 1216x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160102_163650-1.jpg
824 KB, 1216x1080
>that body
Are you literally me? Spooky
>>
How can I get hormones in the UK without going through the whole 2 years+ NHS/RLE experience??
>>
What do I need to work on most? >>5482657
Genetics are weird, more than half if your DNA is mine. >>5482657
>>
>>5482702
Huh, that's interesting.
are you on mones yet? That's the only thing that comes to mind.
>>
Self-medder here, 200mg spiro, 4mg progy daily, split into two doses, usual regimen. Had my hormone levels tested as part of a blood test I had done for other medical reasons before I started, and I was spot-on average apparently, yet in only 2 months of estrogen:
-breast budding started during the first week, now approaching a-cups
-skin is paler, softer, squidgier, less oily, spots cleared up
-body hair has thinned and gone from black to blonde in some places and is thinner, hair on head has become lighter brown with gold strands (from dark)
-face rounder and softer
-psoriasis I've had for 10 years on my legs and was told was permanent has almost completely disappeared
-mood has improved on average but I get major mood swings now and cry more easily
-ridiculous lethargy
-can't get boners anymore, thank fuck

Of course this has all been great dysphoria-wise, but my question is, how the fuck have I had this much change in only 2 months on estrogen, one of which was only 2mg daily? And more importantly, is it a good thing or should I be worried health-wise? Other people I'm not out to have commented on some of the changes so I'm sure it's no placebo effect.
>>
>>5482688
be rich and go private
>>
>>5482852
I start next week.
>>
>>5483262
Congrats! I've heard squats help add to a proper booty, and I'd say avoid red meat as mones make it much easier to gain a lot of wait quickly and red meat supposedly boosts testosterone production (not sure if I buy it though)
>>
pre hrt mtf here, ive started noticing my hairline receding a bit, is there anything i can to do stop it and get some regrowth? what about wrinkles too?
>>
>>5483807
finasteride
>>
>>5484003
anything with less horrible side effects? apparently one of the brands has an aging side effect and i dun need more of that shit
>>
File: chin guide.png (420 KB, 896x672) Image search: [Google]
chin guide.png
420 KB, 896x672
>>
>>5484164
i've literally never heard of that
>>
File: Careful_not_to_fall_for_it.png (12 KB, 185x185) Image search: [Google]
Careful_not_to_fall_for_it.png
12 KB, 185x185
>>5484230
>>
>>5484304
why? sure you may not be clocked on your jaw alone but it's one of those make-or-break features that can tip someone's gendering decision one way or the other if you have other masculine traits that are hard to hide

it's worth thinking about if you're unsure whether you need FFS
>>
>>5484230
>1.75
>Planning on chin reduction in a month since thats all I can afford right now
H-heres hoping
>>
I'm getting SRS on the 25th, have to quit hormones on the 4th. Any side effects I should be expecting from the few weeks off meds? (I'm on cypro, estradiol and progesterone)
>>
Should i get medium or large panties? I'm 5'6 108-112lbs. In boys boxers i wear a small. I have tried asking /fit/ but they were less then helpful.
>>
>>5484780
One size smaller than on the size charts is usually good for tucking if you're pre/non-op
>>
>>5484790
Also what size skirt would i need? I have a 28 waist size.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.