[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
getting a haircut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 624309_1295567124554_full.jpg (42 KB, 693x422) Image search: [Google]
624309_1295567124554_full.jpg
42 KB, 693x422
how are you supposed to get a girl haircut as mtf?
i cant just go to the hairdresser and aks for a girl haircut,its to awkward and i have no friends...
>>
>>5453163
>i cant just go to the hairdresser and aks for a girl haircut
Yes you can. They aren't going to turn down a paying customer
>>
Get something in mind, bring a picture, and show them. Then sit there in awkward silence, drilling holes into the ground with your eyeballs as you endure the 30-45 minute cut trying not to vomit.

It's easy.
>>
File: 1439247924707.gif (2 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
1439247924707.gif
2 MB, 267x199
Dress like a man, say you lost a bet. but as the other guy/s paying give you the fanciest shit they do.
>>
It really isn't rocket science, you insecure moron. Look at the style you want and ask for it. You're paying them to do a job, act like a sensible fucking adult and tell them what you want.

Some hairstylists even relish the opportunity to put their real skills to work and give someone a makeover. They couldn't care less about your gender they just wanna make shit look fabulous.
>>
Iktf op. After I got a really terrible haircut bc I was afraid to ask for a girl cut I decided that I just wasn't going to get my hair cut until it gets really long and I can pass enough to feel confident
>>
>>5453357
Basically this. The first time I went to get my hair cut, the stylist was the sassiest black gay man I've ever seen before or since. I told him what I wanted, all nervous like, and he exploded in...sassy gayness, idfk. Said something along the lines of, "ooh honey, when I'm done with you, you gonna have to beat the boys off with a stick."

And he was right. I was cute as fuck when he was done. And not aa single person there was judgemental about it.
>>
>>5453636
that's because you pass but most of us aren't that fortunate

i would end up like a man with a girly haircut and not cute as fuck at all and probably someone would also beat me up
>>
>>5453163
>>5453194
>Get something in mind, bring a picture
This.. if bringing in a picture of a girl with a particular cut is too much for you or you're scared they might say something, just say that you saw a guy with said cut once but you couldn't find anything for reference other than that picture.

They probably wouldn't care either way.
>>
>>5453654
>implying I passed then

I just looked like a girly boy.
>>
Are you really too fucking autistic to suck it up and admit you're a tranny to a god damn hair dresser?

You will never, ever make it as a trans woman at this rate.
>>
>>5453745
i am glad i set the bar for myself so far low i am okay i am not going to make it as a trans woman
>>
File: Bald-Parrot11.jpg (77 KB, 539x569) Image search: [Google]
Bald-Parrot11.jpg
77 KB, 539x569
> tfw can't have the girly haircut you want because it'd make your significant male pattern baldness even more obvious than it already is
>>
If you live in the sort of place that has an explicitly trans-friendly hair salon, that's obviously the best bet. But those aren't everywhere.

I'm not trans, but I'm a bulldyke who gets male cuts, and I've gotten some shit for it at various hairdressers before.

What you wanna do is find a picture of a girl with the haircut you want, bring it in, and show it to them. It reeeaaally cuts down on the hemming and hawing. Before I started bringing pictures in, I'd either get "oh are you sure? that's really short," "If I cut it any shorter you'll look like a boy," "...so you WANT to look like a boy?!?!" kind of shit, or I'd end up with some weird girly pixie cut shit that was the actual worst.

Now I bring in a pic, they take a look at it, go "okay." and cut my hair. It also helps to find a good place that will remember you or keep you in their system or whatever, they're less worried about it if you've had that cut before.
>>
>>5453769
I'm glad I don't know this feel
>>
>>5453769
LOL
just wear a wig
>>
>>5453879
Yeah, that's basically what I'm going to have to do once I go beyond the 'fulltime-boymode-with-tits' stage, I guess.
>>
File: 1446277948438.jpg (40 KB, 440x661) Image search: [Google]
1446277948438.jpg
40 KB, 440x661
>>5453163
If you go to a hair stylist/salon that normally does girls hair you shouldn't have a problem.
Im a guy who used to have long hair and I would get my hair styled like feminine/emo back when that was cool. I had no problems and neither should you if you go to a place like that.

The only time you're going to encounter some kind of reaction like "Are you sure you don't just want a normal boy haircut you're gonna look like a girl" Is if you go to a barber shop or a budget place.
>>
You could do it yourself. I think a lot of girls cut their own hair since haircuts can be pretty pricey. I know most of my family always has anyway.
If you have the right tools it's pretty easy. Just buy some hair scissors on amazon as well as tapering scissors. There's also lots of other stuff that can help, like hair clips and combs with razors built in that thin your hair if it gets really thick and unruly. Once you get used to it it's pretty easy. You'd probably still inevitably need someone to do a professional cut though.
>>
Most hairdressers are either homos or young girls who spend all day hanging around said homos and befriending them, it's not like you're getting your hair cut by a fucking army general or a football player, relax, yeah?
>>
>>5453769
I thought estrogen prevented that shit.
Anyway there are some very convincing wigs out there but the ones made with human hair are expensive as fuck.
>>5453981
I wish I realized years ago that I just just ask the woman to give me a girly haircut.
I had to visit a stylist that my parents didn't go to but it was no trouble at all beyond that.
I know it's not easy the first time but it's worth the peace of mind that comes after.
>>
>>5453163
Just get a buzz cut and call yourself a mtd.
Don't forget to rip the plaid sleeves off of your button up shirt.
>>
>>5453946
Lol I used to do the same and didn't even realize how weird it must have seemed that I was getting my hair straightened and texturized.
Nobody seemed to care though. I usually went to more upscale salons and the girls all seemed just fine doing girls cuts on guys and it barely even phased them.
>>
>>5456880
prevent, yes
magically repair, no

>>5456898
lol
>>
>>5453163

Stop pretending to be a woman.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.