[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bicalutamide as anti-androgen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: bicalutamide.jpg (13 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
bicalutamide.jpg
13 KB, 250x239
I've read about many trannies who swear by bicalutamide as their anti-androgen. So far what I've read has been pretty promising, however, I'm having a hard time finding a proper dosage.

Does anyone know the proper dose of bicalutamide for mtf hrt?
>>
>>5446122
I have no idea other than I've seen it mentioned that 150mg/day causes significant feminization in most cis men without using any estrogen. The excess testosterone gets converted to estrogen, wile bicalutamide ties up all the androgen receptors. Note, it does not stop testosterone production.

Toxicity is lower than Cypro and Spiro at cancer treatment levels.
>>
>>5446122
Why not use the normal anti-androgens?
>>
>>5446179
because they fuck ur bod up fammy
>>
>>5446166
OP here. Yeah this is pretty much what I've been reading about it summed up. I just really want to know the dosage for mtf hrt. I want something better than spiro (which I'm currently taking) yet with less side effects than cypro. I just need to know the dosage, I've already found a source. It's not cheap, but I don't care.
>>
>>5446185
bicalutamide fucks up your body more, it's only taken if you can't take the others.

It's better than flutamide, but you're still better off taking the other anti-androgens.

>>5446198
>yet with less side effects than cypro
What side effects?
>>
>>5446205
Mainly the emotional and liver-straining ones. While you guys may say you feel no emotional issues from it, I've seen plenty of accounts of people having emotional issues from it. From what I've read, it seems that having the emotional side-effects is more common than not having the emotional side-effects, by a wide margin.

>>5446205
>bicalutamide fucks up your body more
Everything I have read says it fucks it up less. Would you care to elaborate and explain why it fucks your body up more, and how you know this?
>>
>>5446225
So you're complaining about side effects you experienced, but you haven't experienced, since you haven't taken cyproterone?

Everyone that properly does their hormone treatment become emotional during the hormone flip.
If you haven't experienced the "emotional side-effects", it probably means you haven't been blocking your testosterone properly.

>>5446225
>Everything I have read says it fucks it up less.
More side effects, and harsher side effects, then you also end up with a ton of testosterone in your body that keeps on going being produced.
>>
Just take spiro desu
>>
>>5446239
>with a ton of testosterone in your body that keeps on going being produced.
so? if it blocks androgen receptors it won't make any difference how much testosterone you have because you'll essentially have an artificially induced androgen insensitivity syndrome
>>
You should really speak with a doctor, preferably an endocrinologist, rather than 4chan for medical inquiries like this.
>>
>>5446239
You come off as very passive-aggressive and defensive.

>So you're complaining about side effects you experienced, but you haven't experienced, since you haven't taken cyproterone?
This doesn't matter. You literally cannot look up cyproterone without people, in every discussion about it, talking about it causing depression -beyond the hormonal flip- which seems to be a very common side-effect.

>If you haven't experienced the "emotional side-effects", it probably means you haven't been blocking your testosterone properly.
I had the emotional shit at the beginning, during the flip, of course. Not to mention I don't jizz at all anymore, and my last private blood test came back with T levels below female level.

This is where you come off as defensive pretty hard. Don't be defensive - I am just trying to have a discussion - I'm not even primarily wanting to discuss whether bicalutamide is good for hrt, but rather find out the typical dosage. I am not attacking your use of cypro, although your over-defensiveness may be from the increased emotional stability many people experience on it.

>More side effects, and harsher side effects, then you also end up with a ton of testosterone in your body that keeps on going being produced.
The testosterone doesn't do anything inside you, because it is very effectively blocked. It only leads to more estrogen in your body.

You also have not listed a single side-effect, or source for it. Everything has listed fewer side effects than cypro, not to mention people who have actually taken both cypro and bicalutamide have all said they had fewer side effects on bicalutamide, as well as better feminization.

What you are claiming seems very baseless. Would you mind citing some sources for me to look into?
>>
But yeah the side effect of bicalutamide is a continuous masculinization of your brain.

Bicalutamide ramps up T & E production with T being blocked at the AR level all over the body meaning no more body masculinization but bicalutamide does not cross the blood-brain barrier which means all that T bicalutamide indirectly produced can still masculinize your brain.
>>
>>5446304
Thank you, Susan's forums.

Again, I've read up plenty. They aren't recommending me what to take - I have already recommended myself, and others have recommended it to me.

I am simply trying to find out the dosage from someone who is already on it.
>>
This is made by a tripfag, they go by Skyhigh.
https://sexhormones.wordpress.com/2015/07/30/tomorrow-today-achieving-the-holy-grail/
It has info you might wanna read I guess.
>>
>>5446309
So they would become more stable, more happy, and smarter? Those are some shitty side effects man.
>>
>>5446309
Wouldn't brain masculinization cure the supposed underlying cause of MTF gender dysphoria, a feminized brain?
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (2 MB, 298x480) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
2 MB, 298x480
>>5446320
Thanks a ton. I may or may not actually end up taking it, but this is the info for which I came here.
>>
>>5446335
No cause the theory is that the feminized parts of an MTF brain are non-plastic, which is what makes dysphoria persistent and incurable
>>
>>5446440
this
no amount of T can "cure" that

at best you'll end up a woman with a female identity but alpha male sexuality, personality and mentality
>>
>>5446462
> at best you'll end up a woman with a female identity but alpha male sexuality, personality and mentality
This is my fetish.
>>
>>5446305
>You come off as very passive-aggressive and defensive.
Just think it's ridicolous with all these "trans" people who has to look up the "best" hormones so that they can become the best trans, while in reality they'll never actually start transition because they're too scared of it.

>talking about it causing depression -beyond the hormonal flip- which seems to be a very common side-effect.
That's because they realize they aren't gonna pass, and that their life sucks.
Everyone who runs from something horrible, once in relative safety, will start to suffer from what they ran away from.

Testosterone also makes you weird, like, delusional of what you look like. If what >>5446309 says is true, then they will continue to be male autistic and weird, always walk around as a fetishising hon because they still feel and perceive themselves from a feminising males perspective.
It's because of testosterone you have all these people posting disgusting pictures of themselves on here, where they clearly look male, and yet are wearing fetish clothes because they think they look hot in them.
>>
>>5446467
So your fetish is a hon?
>>
>>5446481
>"trans" people who has to look up the "best" hormones so that they can become the best trans
what? what's with this retarded notion? the only reason why people are looking up different antiandrogens is because most AA meds today suck ass
>>
File: 1450670731829.jpg (155 KB, 537x390) Image search: [Google]
1450670731829.jpg
155 KB, 537x390
>>5446497
AAs all suck
>>
File: buffalo bill.jpg (18 KB, 510x464) Image search: [Google]
buffalo bill.jpg
18 KB, 510x464
>>5446481

> yet are wearing fetish clothes because they think they look hot in them.
would you fuck me anon? i'd fuck me, i'd fuck me so hard
>>
>>5446481
>while in reality they'll never actually start transition because they're too scared of it
Again, I started already. Wouldn't be surprised if I started before you, as well.

> they will continue to be male autistic and weird, always walk around as a fetishising hon because they still feel and perceive themselves from a feminising males perspective.
Yeah, I'm sure estrogen will have absolutely no effect on them, whatsoever, in any way shape or form.
>That's because they realize they aren't gonna pass, and that their life sucks.
That's strange - why would you suppose those people who already pass are having the same emotional side-effects, including people I personally know who pass, and lost these emotional side-effects when they switched to spiro or lowered their cypro dose?

You're clearly far from an expert, and are just talking out your ass.
>>
>>5446528
>Yeah, I'm sure estrogen will have absolutely no effect on them, whatsoever, in any way shape or form.
Their brain will still be fueled by testosterone, and testosterone is far more dominant than estrogen.

>and lost these emotional side-effects when they switched to spiro or lowered their cypro dose?
Maybe they had an uncommon reaction to cypro, or was taking too high of a dose, pushing their T too far down?

>>5446497
So gonna go back to the old and oudated AAs because for some reason they're probably gonna work better?
I bet you think purifica mirifica is healthy and actually works, too, because they used it thousands of years ago, so it must be the best.
>>
>>5446591
Their brain will have high levels of both testosterone and estrogen. Having T on the brain does not mean that E will have zero effect. For fucks sake, HRT used to consist of estrogens only. There was no AA component. Yet it still feminized them (although not to the extent you'd see from today's meds)
>>
>>5446639
>Having T on the brain does not mean that E will have zero effect
Pretty much does, you can't really feminize when you have testosterone.
>>
>>5446647
No, you are not only completely wrong, but also retarded.
>>
>>5446247
It's fucking me up, and I can't get prescribed cypro here.
>>
>>5446309
>bicalutamide does not cross the blood-brain barrier
In rats this is known, but this seams to not be the case in humans.
>>
for my next order should i switch off of spiro then?
>>
>>5446320
>https://sexhormones.wordpress.com/2015/07/30/tomorrow-today-achieving-the-holy-grail/
That isn't 100% accurate.

>>5446467
Having a gf like that is devine.

>>5446481
>Just think it's ridicolous...
Not everybody is built the same. Most people can drink sodas containing artificial sweeteners, I can't. I get deathly ill if I do. I had a piece of cake that contained Nutrasweet frosting. I blacked out from the headache pain and finally woke up a few days later in the hospital. My reactions to other drugs are often idiosyncratic. On spironolactone I need to go take a piss every 1.5 hours or less, and it has been getting shorter the longer I've been on it.

>>5446647
>you can't really feminize when you have testosterone.
LOL No! The old regimen was 8 to 14 mg of E a day until Orchi or SRS. The goal was to overpower the T.

>>5446879
All depends on your personal situation. I figure I must do it soon.

>tfw yet another gift box captcha
>>
>>5447047
>LOL No! The old regimen was 8 to 14 mg of E a day until Orchi or SRS. The goal was to overpower the T.
Which is 4 to 8 times too much estrogen.

If you take mega doses you'll stop producing tesosterone/ your SHBG will be so high there's no tesosterone left.
Normal levels won't do that though.
>>
>>5447047
>That isn't 100% accurate
I'm looking more for dosage than anything else. They state their dosage - this gives me at least one person's dosage to go off of, while I look for more sources on dosage, in my search to figure out the right amount.
>>
>>5447061
If I take it I'll likely do 150mg a day. That is what they needed for complete cancer suppression which needs all testosterone receptor function suppressed. At lower doses the cancers still grew unless there was a gnrh analog used.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.