[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lgbt/ think about monogamy vs polyamory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 1446965773629.gif (875 KB, 200x167) Image search: [Google]
1446965773629.gif
875 KB, 200x167
What does /lgbt/ think about monogamy vs polyamory?
>>
>>5435091
Both are infinitely more difficult than just becoming a slut.
>>
>>5435091
I can't into polyamory. I can into monogamy. Tried both, only one felt right to me.

I have successful friendships with people doing both, and have seen working and falling relationships among both groups.
>>
monogamy: the least drama out of all options since 100.000bc
>>
>>5435207
Less drama? We had some different experiences.
>>
>>5435144
Agreed. But feeling loved is something that I wouldn't want to give up. Sluts can feel loved, but not the same way.
>>
I'm dating two people
I don't know how to feel
>>
>>5435091
I tried polyamory. Tried hard to learn the culture and go to gatherings. Significant LGBT presence, but it's mostly bisexual women. In fact the whole thing is the elaborate female version of male promiscuity. It's still slutty and likely to end in tears, but there are many more boring conversations and a sense of matriarchy throughout. Of course I was dating a woman. Maybe with all men this idea is less retarded.
Monogamy has merit.
>>
>>5435091
monogamy a shit
get plenty of sex but I've never been on a date in my life
>>
i am polyamorous because i have not found the right partner. poly is not some free spirited everyone wins thing. people are investments, relationships are work, dividing it up into fractions makes them less valuable. i want to be monogamous with the right person until then i will date a couple of people.
>>
>>5435091
I think it depends on the person desu. Some people cant into polyamory and some can. I know a trans girl who is a in a 3 way relationship with a cis guy and a cis girl. The 2 girls are basically lovers and the dude is pretty much their best freind/fuck buddy. He loves it, they love it, seems like a good relationship.

I personally tried it but felt like i wasnt able to fully give myself over to either person and that they both deserved better. When im with 1 person its like i can give them all of my love, but if its more than 1 person how can you honestly say you are giving someone all of your love if you have to divide it?

Polyamory seems like it would be better for less romantic relationships.
>>
One person is more than enough, thanks
>>
>>5435906
It's not like dividing it into fractions, its sharing it. When someone has more than one kid, are they dividing there love into fractions? Love isn't a finite object. It can be shared with as many people as you want.
>>
>>5437770
Let me know how you fairly share your infinite love with multiple partners in a 24 hr day. Especially if it doesn't involve fractions.
>>
>>5435091
I'm in a poly relationship, my gf have a bf and it works great for us. None of this meme shit with polyculture, gatherings, support groups and shit tho, we just talk about it and do it our way.
>>
>>5437787
Since when is love the same thing as time spent together? Does a couple who have to spend time apart somehow love each other less than one who have the ability to be together all the time?
>>
>>5435207
>monogamy: the least drama out of all options since 100.000bc

That's literally not true since the beginning of humanity. However poly is not for me. if it works for others that what ever.
>>
Polyamory is great. When it works. Problem is the increased emotional complexity requires each participant to be even more communicative, understanding and non-judgmental than usual, and the requirements scale with the number of participants.
>>
>>5438625
Literally yes. You must put in the time to maintain relationships. They aren't saved games you can pick up whenever. I think you may be working from theory. I'm talkin' love engineering, son.
>>
>>5438701
You know, there's a difference between putting in time and being together 24/7. How many hours a day do I have to spend with my partner to prove that we love each other? 4? 8? 12? Can I keep my job?
>>
>>5437770
>It can be shared with as many people as you want.
That is also something that can't be controlled. You fall in love with and whenever you do, you can't force yourself to love or not. For some people they can only love romantically and sexually one person at a time.
>>
>>5438761
I know. You know. We all know. BUT, do you know you're fractioning up your day now???

Before shit was infinite and easy. Now you may lose your job at Chipotle over the affair.

Fractioned yer shit all up, bro. Take it like a man. Merry Xmas. ;)
>>
>>5438860
Do you even know what you're talking about anymore lmao
>>
>>5438879
Yes, child. Yes I do. Sometimes I'm just not as patient as I used to be. Screenshot this thread for when you start dating. And go to bed.
>>
>>5438891
I'm >>5438588 m8
>>
I hope the stereotype of most gay men being shiftless sex addicts is false. I've never been in a relationship but I don't like the idea of having to engage in the casual sex life in order to find someone. I think I'd rather just remain single than do that.
>>
I don't think I would do it, since I have a fear of STIs and the chance is increased with every partner.

Alongside that, I don't know if I could handle being emotionally attached to multiple people. (Sex is different, I'd say I could happily have sex, but as for emotions, I can't say for certain)

*Although, as I'm hoping to begin to transition soon, I'm not sure what sex will be like in the future
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.