[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More fuel for the fire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 457344187.jpg (124 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
457344187.jpg
124 KB, 1600x1067
Another study observing unusual parenting from the mothers of MtFs:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20574888

This is the first one that I found which observes a similar thing:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2016237

My hypothesis is that late-onset GID in MtFs is not due to pre-natal hormone exposure but instead a developmental disorder caused by malignant child rearing from the mothers' side. I also think that this type is more likely to identify as non-binary, assuming healthcare which doesn't impose a tonne of gatekeeping and allows free expression. It is feasible that this can be fixed without having to permanently transition. I hope this is the case for me, anyhow.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 460x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 460x743
kek, I can promise you that you can't cure being mentally female, only suppress it. You will commit suicide or live with depression for the rest of your life. If you aren't actually trans on the other hand, it should work out well for you. Best of luck.
>>
>>5434985
> The authors predicted that the mothers of boys with GID would demonstrate (a) higher percentages of expressed emotion, criticism, and emotional overinvolvement compared with normal controls; and (b) higher percentages of only emotional overinvolvement compared with mothers of boys with externalizing difficulties.

sounds like bias to me anon.
besides its all pseudoscience anyway

>late-onset GID
hahaha you either have it or you don't anon. you cant "catch it"
>>
>>5435075
>hahaha you either have it or you don't anon. you cant "catch it"

Gender identity develops well into adulthood. You can appear to develop it given that tidbit and the fact that people do indeed present with symptoms at ages greater than those of early-onset types.
>>
>>5434985
>I hope this is the case for me, anyhow.
laughing hons.jpg
>>
>>5435075
>hahaha you either have it or you don't anon. you cant "catch it"
No need to be pedantic anon, they obviously meant people who don't realize they're trans until early adulthood or so
>>
>>5435043
It's interesting that black and white thinking is prevalent in this community on this subject, especially given the apparent link to BPD.
>>
>>5435043
i'm not "mentally female" whatever that means, but I still want to be a girl. late onset
what now champ
>>
i feel so flattered by your immensely validating and entirely novel employment of misogyny and transphobia together like this, i may just autogynefap
>>
>>5436453
Hahaha I called this type of response before posting. Ask Tahm.
>>
>>5436056
>apparent link to BPD
Assuming you mean borderline personality disorder, there is no apparent link, it's a meme propagated by christfag armchair psychologists to shit on queers in general.
>>
>>5436531
Have you read the two studies quoted in this post?
>>
>>5436534
studies are transphobic
>>
>>5435043
>mentally female

Bleeding-edge research seems to indicate that brains are genderless.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-10/30/male-female-brain-difference-not-significant

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/04/male-female-brains-same-but-people-all-different
>>
>>5436534
The Journal of Sexual and Marital Therapy is sexology, which is almost entirely pseudoscientific bullshit.

It's also obvious that the authors are begging the question all the way to their hypothesis which carries its own conclusion.

That also has nothing to do with the dumb claim I responded to, which originates entirely online and remains entirely online. Literally the only academic backers you would ever find irl for it are tied to the catholic church's sexuality people.
>>
>>5436542
>Wired
>The Guardian
>cutting edge journals of neurology respected in the field
>>
>>5436547
They link to studies, champ.
I was just too lazy and used directly what came up on Google.

Could have used Google Scholar maybe.
>>
>The team's discovery came from a meta-analysis of more than 6,000 structural MRI scans, which showed that there was "no significant difference in hippocampal size between men and women". The discovery also counters many popular explanations of the differences between men and women.

>"Sex differences in the brain are irresistible to those looking to explain stereotypic differences between men and women," said Eliot. "And they often make a big splash. But as we explore multiple data sets and are able to coalesce very large samples of males and females, we find these differences often disappear or are trivial."

>The study also noted other studies that have debunked sex differences in the brain. The corpus callosum, a group of neural fibres that connects the two hemispheres, was commonly believed to differ in size in men and women. Male and female brains were also once thought to have significant differences in the way their hemispheres process language. But large scale meta-analyses have debunked both of these claims.

>"Many people believe there is such a thing as a 'male brain' and a 'female brain'," said Eliot. "But when you look beyond the popularised studies -- at collections of all the data -- you often find that the differences are minimal."

---

>There are features that are more prevalent in the brains of women and features that are more prevalent in the brains of men. But human brains tend to have a highly individual mix of such characteristics.

>Interestingly, while hardly anyone has anything like the full set of mostly male features or the full set of mostly female features, by no means everyone with a significant collection of “female end” features is female, and vice versa. What’s more, many of these characteristics aren’t fixed. Environment and experience also play their part in shaping the brain, increasing its individuality.
>>
>>5436542
They are genderless, except for the fundamental part that determines gender identity.
>>
I don't understand the conclusion of the study. Can someone explain. I had loving parents that never pushed me to be anything I didn't want to be. I still chose to try to be masculine and stay in the closet until I was in college because I was afraid to be different and now I am transitioning. I really don't think how I was raised has anything to do with my gender identity. I have two little brothers and they are both generic masculine straight guys who are very much comfortable with being men.
>>
>>5434985
>tfw mom was bpd
>tfw dad was an absent alcoholic
>tfw i'm a walking stereotype

Can I just be euthanized?
>>
>>5438081
>mom was a bpd

i am so sorry
>>
>>5438005
Your anecdote doesn't invalidate the findings of the study.
>>
>2013: My bro hears it through the grapevine
> tells mum
> mum has a meltdown
> mum collapses in a chair
> after a while she announces she's going to watch a film to get her mind of the shock.
> asks everyone what they want to watch
> brother: "How about Brokeback Mountain"

Still lol about it to this day
>>
>>5442349
fuck wrong thread!
>>
>>5436557
>What’s more, many of these characteristics aren’t fixed. Environment and experience also play their part in shaping the brain, increasing its individuality.
But some of those characteristics ARE fixed past the womb and are not subject to plasticity from environment and experience the way others are and those are the differences of significance that have been observed in tranny brains.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.