[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christmas Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10
File: akari_21.png (333 KB, 823x720) Image search: [Google]
akari_21.png
333 KB, 823x720
When do you open your Christmas gifts, legbutts?
http://strawpoll.me/6345535

Also general Christmas thread.
>>
>>5433154
I fucking hate this season
>>
File: _20151211_134104.jpg (40 KB, 532x537) Image search: [Google]
_20151211_134104.jpg
40 KB, 532x537
>>5433162
Father Christmas hates you too, Anon-chan.
>>
When they arrive.

My demographic is particularly fond of boxing day presents.
>>
How many gifts you actually gave you narcissists scums
>>
File: family-christmas-pictures-5SX.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
family-christmas-pictures-5SX.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I am dreading Christmas this year.

>be MtF
>moved very far away about 7 or 8 years ago
>6 or 7 years on hormones
>I was blessed because I pass
>new friends are always shocked to learn that I'm trans, in disbelief
>in fact I'm pretty, fuck I even model from time to time if I like the photographer's work
>been this way for years
>all the while, my immediate family never accepted that I'm trans
>still use male pronouns and old name
>see them like twice a year
>haven't seen extended family in like 8 years
>extended family is all obese redneck reactionary fundamentalist Christians
>the crazy types who didn't even let their kids read Harry Potter because they thought it was sinful
>I'm like 10 years older than all my cousins (their in their teens to late teens now)
>Christmas day EVERYONE is coming to my parent's house
>there is no escaping this, I have to spend the entire day and night with all of these people
>nobody is going to use female pronouns
>everybody is going to use my birth name
>everybody is going question my identity
>everybody is going to treat me like some failure freak loser
>everybody is going to be judging me (even if just behind my back)
>nobody is going to show me any shred of respect

All of this will be happening at a time in my life when "transitioning" is such a fret from the past. There won't be a single person in this whole city that I can have for support.

WTF do I even say or do? By now, everyone knows I'm trans and everyone knows I changed my name like 7 years ago. When people call me by my old name or use male pronouns, do I correct them, knowing full well that they will not respect these things (i.e. stir conflict and tension)? Or do I just bare it for this one day and show them zero interest in what they are telling me, and then go back to never seeing them or giving fuck about them?

Anyone else ever been in a similar situation, or going to be in one this Christmas?

Pic somewhat related.
>>
>>5435850
>living with your parents
There's your problem.
>>
>>5435859
>reading comprehension
There's your problem.
>>
>>5435850
You can probably have more fun if you pretend that your family members are people who would be good if they hadn't been trained to be awful.

If they misgender you, smile and correct them. Pretend it's always an accident. Same with using the wrong name. Stubborn optimism can really put a crimp in petty cruelty.
>>
>>5435850

Let it go. Just give your family that one fucking day. You can hound them about your pronouns and have an attitude every other day ; if you do anything you'd just thought of, you're going to ruin it for them. Do you really hate them that much? Its just one day. Who cares what they call you?? Grow up.
>>
>>5435850
Don't go. Don't stay. Literally you are not locked in. Walk out the door like a boss. Which serving of shame will be smaller? Enduring the torture or telling them no and moving on? exactly.
>>
>>5435940
>Let it go.
>Just give your family that one fucking day.
>You can hound her about her pronouns and have an attitude every other day ; if you do it at the gathering it well just ruin it for her.
>Do you really hate her that much?
>Its just one day. She cares what you call her.
>Grow up.

Anon is not obligated to accept whatever treatment her family deigns to afford her. She needn't be cruel about it, but if she wants to have a relationship with any of them, she can't be that self-effacing.

Things won't improve if you just accept that they have to be bad.
>>
>>5435940
They're ruining it for her and making her feel uncomfortable. Why should she have to put up with it when they have virtually no respect for her?
>>
>>5435850
Why even go when you know they're going to willfully treat you like shit?
>>
>>5435991

Picking Christmas day to have that conversation though...

Its like coming out as Gay on christmas. You're going to do it anyway, but it really should have waited.
>>
>>5436065
didn't OP say they have been out for 8 years
>>
>>5436071
I guess not "OP" OP
but the original poster of that comment
>>
File: IMG_8546.jpg (181 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8546.jpg
181 KB, 1600x1067
>>5435880
I feel like this could only be effective with people who are a little more intelligent/less fundamentalist Christian.

They aren't trying to be cruel per se. They think they are showing me "God's love" by refusing to accept that I've changed, and by imposing their pious judgement.
>"Anon (birth name), you will always be our son/grandson/nephew/uncle/etc. and nothing you can do will change that."

It's so difficult to have any sort of meaningful relationship with people who consistently chose to undermine my identity, while imposing their religious judgments in every little thing they say or do towards me. Can you even call it love/family/a relationship/etc. if they show zero respect or understanding toward me?

>>5435967
I'm not doing that. I'm not running away from them this time. It's been 8 years. Everyone knows about me. This is going to be some sort of pivotal moment. They either treat me the way I assume they will, and I will just go back to never coming home and seeing them again, because I know I cannot change their hearts and minds when they are controlled by a blind faith ideology. Or in the unlikely event they treat me with kindness and respect, I will then plan to come home for Christmas each year.

The ball will be in their court tomorrow, I'm just unsure of how to play it when it goes down. Do I assert myself and cause tension and conflict in a seemingly hopeless attempt keep myself in a family I don't belong in? Or do I just try to ignore all the Bible thumping shaming, and go back to not really being a part of the family, but now with a renewed sense of alienation?
>>
>>5433154
>http://strawpoll.me/6345535
I have 3 families I celebrate with, so usually the whole week is opening presents.
>>
File: family-gathering-thanksgiving.jpg (352 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
family-gathering-thanksgiving.jpg
352 KB, 1600x1200
>>5435991
>if she wants to have a relationship with any of them, she can't be that self-effacing.
>Things won't improve if you just accept that they have to be bad.
Exactly.

>>5436010
Because family is important, and I'm mature enough to want to make an effort to keep my family in my life. You cannot take for granted that people will be here forever. I don't care so much about my extended family, but I do care about my immediate family. I would be devastated knowing that my parents spent their last years estranged form the child they raised because I didn't want to see them.

I had no idea my parent's planned to host a big extended family Christmas at our house this year. They hadn't done this in like a decade. They didn't tell me until they picked me up from the airport.

>>5436065
Nobody wants me around until their is some larger family event that I am expected to be in (like a wedding or Christmas). This is why these things happen at these times anon.

>Picking Christmas day to have that conversation though...
Kid, if you read my original post then you would already know that everybody in my family already knows, and they have known for YEARS. I'm not picking shit. This was forced upon me.

That same egocentric logic was shot at me when I didn't go to my brothers wedding years ago.
>never even got an invitation
>got a phone call from parents that I need to go as a man
>doing anything else would ruin their wedding
>already completely passing as female
>literally cannot go as a man, would look and sound like an awkward dyke at best
>the idea of who I was was wanted for appearances sake, but I wasn't actually wanted there
>didn't want to ruin their big parade of heterosexuality in god's house so I didn't go at all
>this was also during the dark ages where we didn't have same-sex marriage rights
>"OMG anon why are you choosing to do this to us!?"
>>
>>5437303
Then, yeah. Given all this I don't know how you can not go in ready to assert yourself. The alternative is just letting yourself be alienated from them. You deserve better than being an outsider in your home.
>>
File: 1431886373992.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1431886373992.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
>>5433154
>get the total of 50$ worth of presents for my famiIy
>all clothing
And next year I will probably buy my own shit.
Also let's not forget:
>being racist against a religion
When will you just fucking stop?!
>>
>>5437393
OP here, thank you for the (You).
>not seeing through satire
>>
i open the boypussies on the 24th
>>
>>5437847
>not seeing through satire
You know there are enough retards and it's hard enough to tell who is who on /lgbt/ lately
>>
fucking shitlord, how dare you not realize many people instead of the dead kike on a stick day celebrate ahmedmadan, schlongmanuqqa or m'bulelleconga?
>>
>>5433246
gave none, got none.
>>
File: 20071225.gif (500 KB, 1000x1308) Image search: [Google]
20071225.gif
500 KB, 1000x1308
Long time tranny anon here reporting about how my Christmas went down.

tl;dr better than expected, kinda nice, and I'm probably a bit of a judgmental prick

>heard a lot of "if you don't like America then you should just geeeet out." "they're taking the 'Christ' out of Christmas!" and all the other right wing talking points/rants
>the men mostly ignored me
>when they did look at me it was obvious they were uncomfortable
>they didn't say much to me either, aside from brief small talk
>the women were nice to me
>nobody called me by my birth name, or any name at all for that matter
>was miss-gendered 100%, but never to my face, and still not many instances
>was included in the female group photos
>didn't deem it worthy to try to blab about muh preferred pronouns
>nobody asked about me being trans, having a new name, how much I've changed, etc.
>mostly referring to me was like beating around the bush/elephant in the room

At the end of the evening, one of my female cousins (teenager) was talking to me about stuff. Turns out she loves K-pop and anime. This was really surprising to me. She was excited to learn that I like all that weeaboo shit too. We exchanged numbers, and plan to hang out in a few days. Maybe I can be her cool big city older cousin now.

All in all, I do feel like more a part of this family than I have in the last 10 years.
>>
File: 4879867948.png (378 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
4879867948.png
378 KB, 640x430
>>5443714
cont.

I honestly think my absence is what was needed though. If I had stayed in my hometown, and gone to all the family events while transitioning, I think it would have been worse for me. Transitioning is a long process, and I don't think people would have understood had they seen the slow incremental changes (especially considering how awkward/unpassing/honish the beginning stages were for me).

Being able to show up again, now totally passing (voice, mannerisms, etc.) and looking hot, there was no way for anyone to see me as a guy anymore. There was no room for anyone to say, "see look, this is wrong, you shouldn't be doing this, etc." since I already did it, it's done, and I succeeded.

Yes, this was blogish, but I hope that others on this board might be able to benefit from hearing about my experience.
>>
File: 1447827621259.png (310 KB, 612x800) Image search: [Google]
1447827621259.png
310 KB, 612x800
I came out as trans to my parents today. I haven't felt so happy and free in a long, long time.

>Realized bi at 15
>Came out to my mom Christmas night four years ago at 17
>Body went nuclear earlier this year, almost died at 21
>gender dysphoria got really bad for awhile, eventually work past it
>doesn't work, keep trying to repress it
>won't go away
>decided to tell both my parents today, thinking back to four years ago
>Neither of them were surprised, kind of suspected for awhile
>We have a long talk about it and the surrounding issues therein
>They somehow don't think I'm crazy
>Welcome me with open arms, encourage me to see a therapist
>Have Christmas dinner like nothing ever happened
>filled with vast amounts of glee inside, try not to let it show too much
>they go to bed, post on a Nipponese imageboard

Things went much better than expected. Last year I was in a much rougher spot, my life was falling apart and I wanted to kill myself. This year everything was perfect and I got the best gift I could ever ask for. I'm thankful for today. :)
>>
File: 114bcaa88802132321ac3f93c91c0abb.jpg (781 KB, 1432x1071) Image search: [Google]
114bcaa88802132321ac3f93c91c0abb.jpg
781 KB, 1432x1071
>>5443889
> I got the best gift I could ever ask for.
It's a Christmas miracle.
>>
>>5443967
oooooh yiss
>>
>>5443889
That's great anon!
>>
>>5444894
<333
>>
>>5433154
boxing day you filthy heathen.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.