[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lemme throw out a quick scenario for y'all I do human resources
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 854984.jpg (45 KB, 524x640) Image search: [Google]
854984.jpg
45 KB, 524x640
Lemme throw out a quick scenario for y'all

I do human resources at a small digital tech company and we're hiring for a digital media coordinator and in the last two days I've had 2 interviews.

The first one was a guy who majored in marketing and has experience with social media platforms in terms of using them for a company. The second is a transgender woman (as in born male but now presents female), who is in school now for fashion merchandising but has no real experience professionally.

It's a pretty gay-friendly company, with myself and 2 higher ups being gay also and while it's one of those "diverse quirky startup" type of environment we don't ask for gender or race and we don't to affirmative action or diversity quotas. That said, some people want to hire than transgender girl because she's more likely to have trouble finding meaningful jobs otherwise (and digital media coordinator is as piss-easy as can be, she'd have no trouble with it), while others want a person with experience.

tldr-would you take a chance on a person who might be struggling or would you go for a surefire
>>
Go for sure fire. He actually went to school to work in this field.
>>
Take the guy since he has more experience
>>
>digital media coordinator is as piss-easy as can be, she'd have no trouble with it
If the job requires no super special skills, then economics dictates that you hire the unskilled worker because you can pay her less, while the skilled worker can find a job elsewhere where his skills are more critical.
>>
Hire the guy. This shouldn't even be in question.

Besides, trannies are fucking crazy. I'm trans, btw.
>>
>>5432460
Can confirm. Worked with a MtF for a year. She was nice, but fucking crazy and not that good at her job.

Like, "my feelings and social justice shit comes before my job" level of fucking crazy and not that good at her job.
>>
I say to take the trans, because that's a legitimate point. It might be between using her degree or becoming another dead hooker, to be completely honest. This kind of philanthropy was common before the 1970s in America, and was seen as a social requirement in a lot of ways. You can always PRODUCE experience, and it can even be an asset. The one guy might have very set expectations on what he's going to do and how he's expected to work: the fresh graduate is going to immediately mold to your demands and your group dynamic.
>>
>>5432447
This. Does no one at your start-up know basic business management?
>>
>>5432534
That's great and all, but what happens when that guy goes to his next interview and HR thinks "oh, he's a white guy, he'll have plenty more opportunities with other companies", and again, and so on? It's a shitty way to pick someone.
>>
>>5432703

I don't have authority to hire someone, I just screen applicants and do primary interviews and pass them on to my boss.

Also whoever pointed pay is correct. Since he's finished school and has experience he'd be around 28 bucks an hour, and as a college sophomore she'd be around 19 so it's good business sense to hire if we wanna save a bit
>>
>>5432720
Does she have a work portfolio or anything?
>>
>>5432752
Samples from a publication design class. She worked in retail prior
>>
>>5432381
Hire me. I'll do it for 16, I'm gay, and I'm willing to buy dinner for and show affection toward any MtF you feel is in need of charity.

Instead of direct exp, I have worked for a living in many applicable jobs requiring more than a piss-easy effort. I have experienced the quirky "corporations are like playgrounds" stuff so I won't ruin your vibe w/ too much non-ironic flannel.

Hire me. I'm an adult. And I'll wear a dress if that's what gets your SJW boss hard. 16/hr.
>>
You hire the guy.

1 - He has experience and the education and the job is in his field.

2 - The MtF has no experience, is not majoring in marketing and will still be looking for a job in the fashion business and will leave when she finds one.
>>
>>5432447
This desu baka senpai
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.