[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will getting a girlfriend stop my AGP?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 14
File: YMT008-48.jpg (365 KB, 727x1065) Image search: [Google]
YMT008-48.jpg
365 KB, 727x1065
Will getting a girlfriend stop my AGP?
>>
>>5425871
No.

It is, however, a part of a successful short-term repression strategy, as is convincing yourself that it's just a quirky fetish.
>>
well it depends on ur AGP. I dont agree with Akaka that AGP is necessarily tied to transexualism, so you could just keep it as a fetish . and if that's the case, then yeah, for many people getting a GF helps them quiet a bit in reducing their urges, however it's usually only at the start of the relationship but then tends to start normalizing and going back to the initial point.
>>
>>5425871
It just makes you jealous of your girlfriend, toxic to the relationship
>>
So then how do I stop it?
>>
>>5425871
...source? I can't read moonrunes too well from image search
>>
>>5433006
I don't think you can, OP. I've tried everything, it caused me a great deal of stress and anxiety and suicidal thoughts because of fear and confusion. Therapy was overpriced and didnt help.

I'm just enjoying being a young feminine gay guy until it all starts breaking apart at the seams and then i'll just kill myself so i dont become a gross tranny
>>
>>5433035
Looks like Yubisaki Milk Tea
>>
Why would you want to overcome AGP? What damage does it do to you?

Well I guess it will make it difficult to have a good relationship with close-minded women, but then why would you want that.
>>
>>5433341
Why? Because it's degenerate as fuck. You can never form a loving relationship with either sex. You will always be envious of your girlfriend and you're not actually attracted to men but just use them as sexual objects to make you feel "feminine". AGP just fucking blows.
>>
File: 1316495402058.jpg (73 KB, 823x720) Image search: [Google]
1316495402058.jpg
73 KB, 823x720
>>5433364
>degenerate
Stopped reading there.

I'm AGP and I'm full of genuine love for women. To me, AGP is just further proof that the cultural construct of femininity (dress codes and submissive behavior) are merely a fetish that individuals of either gender can have.
>>
>>5433830

But then why do you want a burgina?
>>
>>5433364
>not actually attracted to men
How much attraction is required to be bisexual? If you're having sex with women and still sitting on dicks on the regular thats like, the literal definition of bisexual. You are sexually attracted to both sets of genitals.
>>
>>5433364
> using the word degenerate un-ironically in a social context

You've been brainwashed by the moral police.
>>
>>5433846
What the fuck is a burgina?
>>
>>5433341
because it fucking sucks

you obviously don't have to live with it. try having a fetish that slowly consumes more and more of you and that can never be fulfilled. it kills your ability to have normal relations and turns your mind painfully inward

>Well I guess it will make it difficult to have a good relationship
true
>muh closed-minded women
it's not being closed-minded not to be attracted to certain characteristics

>>5433830
>>5434004
>degenerate
>having fallen below a normal or desirable level, especially in physical or moral qualities; deteriorated; degraded
>having lost, or become impaired with respect to, the qualities proper to the species or kind
why don't you spend a bit less time on /pol/? it's corrupting your mind
>>
>>5434924
Thank God, someone with some sense. I think only those that don't have to go through this shit are the ones who downplay it's actual degeneracy. Why do you think people kill themselves over this shit? It isn't all fun and games to have the personality of a man but want to dress, look and be like a woman. It's tied to your fucking sex drive for God's sake, the most primal human urge that almost drives life in general.
>>
>>5433364
>>5434924
>>5434974
Why does it happens? I wouldn't call it degenerate but it really is weird, I have it too ;_; smetimes I want to transition but then the feeling goes away for some time
>>
>>5434033
lmao he's shitposting
>>
>>5435636
who knows? why is my eyesight shitty?
I don't think we will ever know because too many people insist that it doesn't exists and even if they acknowledged it wouldn't consider it a disorder

I feel you. currently I am in another want to transition phase
>>
>>5435700
The first time (or times) that I experienced agp was at 5, I would go and hide under a table naked and pretend I became alice from alice in wonderland (also I would pretend that I teleported to that universe) and then I would get punished from escaping that world, all that while rubbing my penis to the table support.
Its so weird because I have those elaborated sexual fantasies since that age then they went away until I was like 12 and started to crossdress, nowadays (I'm 21) this isn't all sexual anymore, also (since I was 12) I would imagine a female friend in all my (non sexual) fantasies looks a lot like me, I don't know if I'm making sense I just wanted to share some things...
>>
>>5434924
Huh, that seems like a pretty extreme form of the fetish.

For me it's just the occasional fantasy but it would be no big deal if I never get to fulfill it.

>it's not being closed-minded not to be attracted to certain characteristics
I was assuming that the woman will not just refuse to take part in your fetish, but also not accept you fulfilling your fetish in private. That I would call close-minded.

>why don't you spend a bit less time on /pol/? it's corrupting your mind
I don't understand... It's /pol/ who loves calling people degenerate.
>>
>>5436483
>Huh, that seems like a pretty extreme form of the fetish.
>For me it's just the occasional fantasy but it would be no big deal if I never get to fulfill it.
well consider yourself lucky that you have a mild form. i am literally taking hormones now

>I was assuming that the woman will not just refuse to take part in your fetish, but also not accept you fulfilling your fetish in private. That I would call close-minded.
I would consider that more over-controlling than closed-minded

>I don't understand... It's /pol/ who loves calling people degenerate.
by spending too much time on pol you incorrectly associate the word exclusively with the interpretation that pol prefers, while ignoring other valid interpretations of the word
>>
>>5436504
I'm sorry to hear about your condition.

I think you should avoid the term degenerate though. It's tied with morals and shit as you quoted.
>>
>>5436518
Thank you.
I didn't use it but I have no issue with it. Don't project your own ideas onto the word
>>
>>5425871
even if it did I wouldn't be able to cure it
;_____;
>>
fucking agp why did you have to ruin me
>>
>>5440087
I know right fucking kill me now
>>
File: strawberry_panic.JPEG.jpg (67 KB, 303x450) Image search: [Google]
strawberry_panic.JPEG.jpg
67 KB, 303x450
Dammit, you fucks. I didn't know what this feeling was until I came here tonight... On one hand ts horrifying to feel this way. On the other...
;_;
Its somehow comforting to know I'm not the only one like this, like i thought i was for the longest time....
>>
>>5439860
With girlfriend, remission is possible!
>>
>>5443591
>with girlfriend
exactly my point

>>5443557
welcome, friend. it's always nice to know that other people are suffering with you
>>
Has anyone actually gotten a gf and become fixed?
>>
>>5443557
It doesn't need to be horrifying; you can always embrace it.
>>
>>5435736
Is there anyone else with a similar experience? pls respond... how can I explain why do I want to transition to my father? "well dad I get a boner when I wear girls clothes and now I'll use hormones"
>>
>>5448298
Honestly, you're one step ahead of the average transwoman in that you don't need to give the "no it's not a fetish" speech.
>>
>>5448298
>>5448309
what if I just take hormones and just never tell anybody?
>>
File: 1420481069008.jpg (910 KB, 857x579) Image search: [Google]
1420481069008.jpg
910 KB, 857x579
>>5425871
>>5439860
>>5440087
>>5443013
>>5443557
>>5448198

It's helpful to look to your precursors to see what worked for them. http://www.avitale.com/developmentalreview.htm And getting a girlfriend didn't work. So they decided to marry her, but that didn't work either. And even giving her children didn't.

>ADOLESCENCE
>Cloistered (G3) gender dysphoric boys appear to others and even to themselves to be heterosexual. Although as a group they are not especially active daters, they clearly prefer to date girls when they do date. Significantly, unlike other boys, their dating motives are markedly different. For these boys, being on a date with a girl is a chance to spend time with a girl in a way not generally allowed under other circumstances. Dating serves two purposes for these boys. The first is social, as it gives them the all-important appearance of being normal. The second is therapeutic. Being close to a girl's softness, and even her female smell, has a mitigating effect on gender expression deprivation anxiety. The fantasy is not to make love to her but to actually be her.

>EARLY ADULTHOOD
>Another common attempt to "make it"- as a man by gender dysphoric males in this age range is to marry and have children. Unlike their non-dysphoric male peers, these men's attraction toward the idea of family is not the standard one. Some individuals report telling their partners about their life long desires to be female before getting married, but the vast majority do not, perhaps from fear of ridicule or rejection, or because they maintain the fantasy that marriage will provide a cure. Many clients report that they were sure that being a husband would cement their maleness. This logic, unfortunately, gets extended to the idea of having children. Although gender dysphoric males are generally no better or worse as fathers then the next man, they soon come to realize that what they had hoped would be an answer has instead complicated their gender issues enormously.
>>
File: 1417709551023.png (131 KB, 542x248) Image search: [Google]
1417709551023.png
131 KB, 542x248
>>5425871
>>5439860
>>5440087
>>5443013
>>5443557
>>5448198
>>5448379

http://www.avitale.com/UnlivedLives.htm

>When the gender conflicted individual enters his or her early twenties, the efforts to relieve the waiting takes a more practical turn. If a young man can't be a woman, perhaps if he makes some changes, he can become a man. Perhaps if he joins the armed forces. Perhaps if he gets married. Perhaps if he has children. Perhaps if he starts lifting weights. Perhaps... perhaps... perhaps. If a young woman can't evolve naturally into a man, perhaps she can simply continue acting like one. Of course, it isn't the same but it is better than the alternative. However, there are other complications for these dysphoric people. Foremost among these is the need for intimacy.

>For some men, being with the right woman eases the tensions of non-participation. It adds a touch of social respectability and makes the family happy. The problem, of course, is that he almost invariably falls in love with the woman he wants to be. And as often as not, he starts living his life through her. This pseudo-life is characterized almost invariably by secretly crossdressing in her clothes, even going so far as going shopping with her and encouraging her to buy clothes that he wants to wear. It usually doesn't take very long for the wife to rebel and the individual to realize that far from providing resolution, marriage has complicated the matter. Now he finds himself waiting to become a wife as well as a woman. Can waiting to become a mother be far behind?
>>
>>5448348
Feasible for three months or more, depending on how fast you grow boobs.
>>
File: 1425926427100.png (275 KB, 1105x520) Image search: [Google]
1425926427100.png
275 KB, 1105x520
>>5425871
>>5439860
>>5440087
>>5443013
>>5443557
>>5448198
>>5448379
>>5448385

No reason to follow those who preceded you into hell, this path of attempting to cure yourself with all that a man has has been well-tread for a long time. It doesn't go anywhere good. Just go ahead and give into it. Plus, even though you probably consider yourself straight, you'll probably want some dick in your life at some point, as implied by "appear to others and even to themselves to be heterosexual" and supported by http://www.avitale.com/PostOpPlusFive.htm

>Curiously enough, I did get a call asking for an appointment from a happily married post-op client, who had transitioned in her mid 50s, confessing to me that she had been unfaithful to her wife of 30 years and was not sure how to deal with it. It seems that while her wife was out of town visiting relatives, my client decided to stop in a bar/restaurant for diner on her way home from work. While there she was hit upon by a man who she ended up taking home with her that evening. It was her first time having male/female sex with a man and says that she did it only out of curiosity. I received a Christmas Card showing one big happy family photo this past Christmas so I assume it all worked out in the end. Something tells me that this sort of thing happens far more often than I get to hear about.

Also, I suggest you all read all of those links.
>>
>>5448385
idk...I see stuff like this
>Group Three (G3) is composed of natal males who identify as female but who act and appear normally male. ... For these female-identified males, the result is a more complicated and insidious sex/gender discontinuity. Typically, from earliest childhood these individuals suffer increasingly painful and chronic gender dysphoria.
and it's just off...I don't and never have thought I was female, I just want to be and it's strongly intertwined with AGP

skimming through I can uncomfortably see some similarities but I think the above is really key
>>
>>5448507

I'm pretty sure that refers to how they identify once they come to terms with it rather than how they identified at the time. Otherwise, why would they try to cure themselves if they see themselves as female already instead of a male with an unnatural desire that needs to be cured?
>>
>>5448507
It's very common to not think of yourself as female, because honestly you're not, biologically speaking; you're male but for some reason feel like you want to be / should be / would prefer to be female, or something like that, in certain circumstances at least.
>>
I guess I'll transition...now I have to think how to tell my parents
>all the cringe when my relatives find out
>>
>>5448546
One thing at a time.
>>
>>5443591
>>5448379

I'm trying again. Going off hormones and cutting my hair. It will be weird after 2 years. Living vicariously doesn't seem too bad.
>>
>>5448570
I hope this doesn't end in tears for either of you.
>>
>>5448546
>>all the cringe when my relatives find out
oh god...

>>5448570
you might as well keep the hair because when you relapse like the rest of us you'll wish you had it

alternatively kill me f.am
>>
>>5448570
what are the side effects of using hormones for 2 years?
>>
>>5448570
oh shit you were on for 2 years? how is everything with you? and you found a gf during that time?
>>
>>5448570

Don't spread that misery about. Especially not to your kids.I don't know how your transition is going, but it can't be going so badly that you would prefer to get off hormones.
>>
I've struggled with agp since I was 13. It got so bad that from my late teens to my early 20's, I would masturbate because of it, at least 4-5 times a day. When I turned 21 I lost a lot of weight and became attractive. Because of my agp, I didn't enjoy sleeping with cute girls as much as getting off to my fetish. I couldn't help it. I then decided to give hrt a shot and it has worked! I no longer spend all day getting off to those fantasies. Because of hrt, I now have more time to focus on school and get on with my life.
>>
>>5448851
Sounds like those miracle plants that get announced on tv
>>
>>5448298
Avoid transitioning. Fantasies are way different then reality.

>>5448379
>>5448385
>>5448456
Give it into fully and become a hon? Nope. Learn self control.

>>5448546
Hang in there, don't tell them.
>>
>>5448851
>I then decided to give hrt a shot and it has worked! I no longer spend all day getting off to those fantasies.

Because your testosterone is being blocked, and you are trying to live out the woman you are seeing in your sex fantasies. I hope you're not taking the standard dose at least.
>>
>>5448528
>>5448517
but then there are tons of people on here that insist that they are and always have been female
>>
>>5448988
I've been on a full dose for over 14 months.
>>
>>5448958
>>5448988
>>5449047
Samefag? Why do you give these kind of simplistic advices to stop people from transicioning? If you have some knowledge on the subject let us know
>>
File: total samefag.png (7 KB, 977x128) Image search: [Google]
total samefag.png
7 KB, 977x128
>>5449091
I've been talking to the other person for a while read the thread

who cares if there is a samefag anyway? free bumps. cut your arms off for all I care about what you do with yourself
>>
>>5449113
I was asking
>>
>>5449076
If your AGP you are going to miss your sex drive and energy, the standard dose will drop it like a rock.

Have you noticed you switch between masculine and feminine? Are you a "tomboy"
>>
>>5449136
Not him but I do have those swings between masculinity and femininity which are actually they main reason of why I haven't transition yet
>>
>>5449136
Some people have formed such an emotional attachment to the idea of being a woman that even after the sex drive is gone, the identity still remains.
>>
>>5449136
I don't mind a low sex drive and my energy is about the same. I don't see much of a change but everyone tells me I pass and I've been gendered female while in boymode a few times.
>>
Here's a pretty good solution, don't gey married, marriage fucks up everything and even cis peoples fantasies are ruined by getting married all of the time. Enjoy your youth, crossdress, take hormones, fuck women/men, nothing will take away sexual fantasies, sorry man, I'm AGP as well and have managed to get through 10 pretty good years of life since discovering my AGP.
>>
>>5449131
oh
sorry i guess

>>5449136
can't say that I really have less energy, the only negative is getting what i presume is dehydration which would be from the spiro..
I like that my dick gets less hard but I still have sex drive
though I'm nowhere near as lucky as >>5449195

>>5449197
yeah fuck marriage. I haven't wanted that or kids for a long time. how old are you that you've had a decade of knowledge of AGP

>>5449187
I think this is pretty right although it wasn't always like this
>>
>>5449197
>Enjoy your youth, crossdress, take hormones, fuck women/men, nothing will take away sexual fantasies

Revolving your whole life around a fetish and sexual fantasy, using it as the driving force to transition is a recipe for disaster.

I may of had some AGP, but it wasn't the driving force behind my transition. I was rebuilding my identity from scratch at a young age and lost almost everything including my sanity, please don't take this lightly.
>>
>>5449205
That's the difference between a crossdresser and a transexual. The crossdresser manages to not form an attachment to the idea of being a woman and just accept the situation for what it is.

The transexual looks at his/her crossdressing as some sort of inner calling to be a woman and sooner or later, the crossdressing manages to become more than just crossdressing, it becomes a life-consuming ordeal.

This is not unlike marriage. You go through a heavily sexual period in a new marriage, as the sexual attraction between the couple wains and what remains is attachment between the two. The couple has literally become a part of one another.

People do seemingly crazy things for their sex drive all of the time. Sexual desires are some of the post powerful forces in a human's life.
>>
>>5449212
It's not that simple. What you're saying is akin to telling a depressed person to smile more and do things they enjoy, or a mtf to learn to be happy as a boy.

I'm absolutely open to possible solutions but they have to be more than
>just stop feeling that way
>>
>>5449205
I'm 30 man and marriage fucking sucks. You can always get married late but you can't always be young and attractive. I do want children someday but the woman I marry must be totally accepting of who I am and what I like, so there is no miscommunication between us.

I really think that most young folks who get married are making a huge mistake though. You'll look back after those 20 years and say "I wish I would've done this", "Why didn't I marry that one girl when I had the chance?" "I was so good at soccer, maybe I could've really made it".

Anyway, what I'm saying, even though you likely experience dysphoria is to not be so hard on yourself. You can't make this shit go away. The only thing hormones do is mask the feminization fantasies. Once you accept that this is a big part of your sexuality that will forever exist inside of you, things get a little easier, you'll know what to do.

For me, crossdressing has provided much relief in my life. It was so scary when I came out f the closet to everyone and told them that I've always wanted to be a girl, love to wear women's clothing, etc but after I came out to everyone, shit got easier. I realized that I didn't really have the will to transition and I had nothing to hide anymore.

Being in the closet fucking sucks and will make your cause you to be consumed by this shit more than you already are. You'll come out when you're ready and when that day comes, you'll know how far you need to take your fantasies to actually be happy with yourself.
>>
>>5449232
I feel like you're just repeating what most on this board say about "telling a depressed person to be happy". I was mostly talking about marriage and telling him that getting married, especially with AGP is a recipe for fucking catastrophic disaster.

It is entirely possible to live a happy life just crossdressing or changing your social role, etc. You will know how far you have to take your fantasies in order to live a happy life but first you have to come out of the closet and try to embrace it as much as possible.

Humans are practically made up of fantasies. If you can't be happy unless you have boobs of your own or a vagina, then you know what you have to do to be happy. If you can't be happy unless you're wearing women's clothes 24/7, then you also see what you'll have to do to find happiness within yourself.

Being in the closet only makes you obsess more.
>>
>>5449205
>dehydration which would be from the spiro

It's possible you can just take estradiol like I did which will still work. Ask your doctor.

I suggest though not taking the standard dose, your sex drive and ability to get "hard" and ejaculate will continue to go down past the two year mark.

>>5449232
>What you're saying is akin to telling a depressed person to smile more and do things they enjoy, or a mtf to learn to be happy as a boy.

No am not. There's more to being a woman, let alone transitioning then sexual fantasy and "dressing up" Yes there are more solutions to tackle this then just becoming your fantasy. If you feel transitioning will help so do it, but do it as a last resort and plan well short term and long term. If you have any doubts after one year stop and find another way.
>>
>>5449270
Yup yup yup, gotta take things slow. Also, having a doctor/therapist to talk to about your fantasies helps a fuck ton. It helps the obsession to die down a bit, since you feel you're not really hiding anything anymore, you kinda feel "normal".

If you have a family member to talk to, that's even better. Talking is the best therapy. Hell, posting this shit anon on 4chan is therapeutic in itself.
>>
>>5449267
>Humans are practically made up of fantasies

Necessity always trumps ideals.

Life is hard and not ideal. It is concrete and some things are objective. Go into this with a fantasy mindset and prepared to be redpilled on how things really operate and how unfair and sometimes cruel people and biology can be.
>>
>>5449294
what do you propose?
>>
>>5449294
Right and if things don't go as planned and he/she wants to turn back, he can. At least he/she will never have to play the "what if?" game anymore.
>>
>>5449270
Maybe I misunderstood what you said. But I don't know what to do at this point. It's only gotten worse over many years, progressing even more quickly in the past year. If I knew anything better I would take it in a second, but how am I supposed to find anything better? How can I find a solution that stops me from getting angry and jealous at any cute girl I see in public? I am too emotionally stupid to be able to have direct access to my feelings and thoughts beyond what I consciously control.

I think talking does help me feel a bit better like >>5449280
said, even just writing in a journal too. But feeling a bit better for a while doesn't really solve anything and I can't say it has helped with the obsession, unless without having done it it would be even worse than it is now, but there's no way to know that.

I don't even really care about ""dressing up;"" if you told me I could never wear women's clothes in my life I really wouldn't be that upset. It's like 99% body related. If I could just have a female body and that's it I'm pretty sure I'd be completely fine. In fact that sounds relieving because the though of coming out >>5449267
as anything is incredibly, incredibly terrifying and embarrassing.
>>
>>5449320
Ah, don't have much experience with bodily dysphoria. The only serious bodily dysphoria I had was when I was fat. I lost a shit ton of weight and was able to fit and look more "normal" in girl clothes.

Otherwise, I feel nothing towards my dick, my chest, etc. Having boobs would be really erotic to me but it doesn't kill me to not have them. My jealousy towards women was more towards their "free nature" and clothing choices.
>>
>>5449301
You could:
Go to a well trained psychologist.
Study philosophy.
Start a journal, hobbies.
Partially transition, "transitioning" does not only include taking the medical route and living fully as a woman in my opinion. You could change your style, exercise and eating habits, take supplements. Plan, don't rush.

>>5449303
Right.
>>
>>5449320
Am going to be blunt:

>How can I find a solution that stops me from getting angry and jealous at any cute girl I see in public?

Stop it, just stop. You can never be like them, you are getting jealous at something that is almost unattainable. And you have to question is it because of loneliness or self-hate? Am I redirecting it into anger, envy, and jealously?
See what makes you beautiful and shut out all the negative attitudes towards males.

>If I could just have a female body and that's it I'm pretty sure I'd be completely fine.

Well you can't. Plus hormones are completely dependent on age and genetics. It can help look more feminine, that's about it.

Either way you have to accept both the masculine and feminine sides of yourself and yourself as a person.
>>
AGP isn't real and every last one of you is in a desperate state of denial about being trans
>>
>>5449355
well seeing as i have it, it is quite real
>>
>>5449355
Or you're in denial about being AGP. See what I did there? Your writing seems awfully bitter.
>>
>>5449352
I know, I get it. But jealousy doesn't care about attainability. It just doesn't. If I had such control over my emotions I wouldn't be in this predicament.
>And you have to question is it because of loneliness or self-hate? Am I redirecting it into anger, envy, and jealously?
These are interesting questions that I don't know how to even begin approaching, nor the consequences of the answers if I found one.

>Well you can't
well, yes, but then why ever consider hypothetical scenarios? They aren't valueluess
>>
>>5449352
well, and if the answer is it is because of loneliness, then we're right back to >>5425871
>>
File: 1384906189131.jpg (627 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1384906189131.jpg
627 KB, 1600x1200
>>5425871
AGP is an outdated theory. It's like following Newtonian phyisics: It works well a lot of the time but then suddenly Mercury disproves it.

You're just a regular transsexual.
>>
>>5425871
Kek I thought that too.
4 years later I'm a grill
>>
>>5449447
What theory are you talking about? AGP is a term.
>>
>>5449596
Blanchard's theory where he divided transsexuals into two categories: True transsexuals(gay males) and autogynephiles(straight males).
>>
>>5449603
oh ok. Well ITT we're mostly discussing AGP, not Blanchard
>>
>>5449626
Outside of discussions of Blanchard, AGP doesn't exist.
>>
>>5449632
They did the autogynephilia test on cis-women and it turned out that a significant portion of them qualified. So in a sense AGP does exist, it's just that it's a normal part of female sexuality and not some crazy pseudo-trans identity.
>>
>>5449632
Feel free to agree or disagree with Blanchard's theories as much you want, AGP is a word that many people identify with, and coined words transcend the ideas of their coiner. We don't claim cells don't exist because we now understand a lot more about them than Hooke did.
>>
>>5449673
Okay, so that study was honestly pretty shitty. Someone "feeling sexy" while looking hot is different from someone slipping on a dress and getting wet/hard. He should've also done a study on Cis men. Do men get hard by seeing themselves with abs/muscles in the mirror? No, SOME may be but most do it for the female gaze. Also, females are attracted to men, autogynephiles are not, even if they end up with a man, which many do, men still do not magically become any more attractive than they've ever been. I know this because I'm a transexual autogynephile.
>>
>>5449626
I mean yeah, blanchard got a lot of it right. I don't understand why it's so offensive that you could build a while identity over a sexual "deviancy". The sex drive pretty much drives life.
>>
File: dtb206-01.jpg (18 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
dtb206-01.jpg
18 KB, 450x253
>>5449860
It makes me feel sorry for you like no one told you about general relativity and you're still running on Newtonian mechanics. I can understand why you think blanchard's theory "makes sense": Newtonian mechanics also can make predictions about the planet's motions for the most part (mercury being the notable exception) but there's newer and better things out there. No modern psychologist ascribes to the agp notion anymore and yet /lgbt/ refuses to drop it and pretend that it's still relevant. It's like I'm looking at a bunch of geocentrists jerking off to how special they are in the universe. Why is it so hard to understand that you're just wrong?
>>
>>5449909
>yet /lgbt/ refuses to drop it and pretend that it's still relevant.

Because it is. When you fund yourself getting a hard on trying on women's clothing in the dressing room something's up.
>>
>>5449909
You know we still use Newtonian physics because they're accurate for 99% of practical applications
>>
>>5450543
>fund
find*
>>
>>5449856
>females are attracted to men
Not all of them
>>
>>5451182
Enough to make the ones who aren't an extreme minority.
>>
I'm confused here, I don't understand this AGP thing. Do AGP supporters honestly think all trans lesbians are only trans because it gets them off?
>>
>>5449136
I don't know, I definitely could be classified as AGP and am pretty damn happy with my lack of sex drive after being on HRT for ~seven months. I can't really explain why, I just feel a lot more comfortable with how my sexual response works now, and not getting erections or having the same sex drive as I did before. (I still have about the same level of sex drive, but it's very different; less "oh I've suddenly got an erection" than a slowly ramping up desire for close contact and flirtation and general lewdness.) I'm pretty sure that I am actually trans to some degree (somewhere between femboy and trutrans), though, so maybe it is different for legit cis AGP sufferers.
>>
>>5451464
AGP started off as some old dude formalising his prejudice against trans girls in fancy college words

Nowadays it lives on as one of the stepping stones of the denial phase. Some people cling to it like it's a one-way ticket back to Cis Town because accepting that you're trans can be scary as fuck.
>>
>>5451717
You know some people actually do get off on wearing women's clothes and stuff right
>>
>>5451724
this. there are literally more straight men who are fetishistic and who use transgenderism as their playground than there are trans women
>>
>>5451724
>>5451743
That's called transvestism, not AGP.

AGP specifically describes transsexuals in a way that isn't true.
>>
>>5451762
And it's completely plausible for there to be overlap between transvestism and transgenderism
>>
>>5451762
sure whatever but these dudes call themselves transgender

that's what's fucked up with this whole movement that it enables crossdressers and transvestites
>>
>>5451821

First of all there's nothing wrong with enabling that stuff. I don't get it but more power to them

Second, and more importantly, I think it's probably often legitimate for them to identify as trans. Maybe it's easier for them to get off in women's clothes because they genuinely are trans? Like, I sometimes imagine what it'd be like for straight cis girls I've been with if they were forced to wear men's clothes all the time and the effect that'd have on their sexuality. They'd find it super gross and would really struggle to get in the mood to do sex stuff. Give them regular girl's stuff to wear for a few minutes and suddenly it'd be a lot easier for them. I think some people who identify as AGP might benefit from looking at it from that point of view.
>>
>>5448546
>all the cringe when my relatives find out

this is literally the only thing that prevents me from transitioning.

However, I moved 200 miles away from my parents and former friends. I feel more free, and my confidence is growing. I can wear any clothing I feel comfortable in, I can grow my hair and dye it blond all I want without gay-ass comments from my dad
>>
>>5448671
infertility, slight decreased chance of developing cancer later in life

that's about it
>>
>>5449466
post pics, I promise I won't fap
>>
>>5451970
Also boobs. (But why wouldn't you want boobs?)
>>
>>5450543

Moral knights will do anything to make sure everyone believes transgender shit isn't just a fetish and actually a genuine non-sexual part of one's lifestyle.
>>
File: god-jesus-christ.jpg (108 KB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
god-jesus-christ.jpg
108 KB, 400x275
>>5425871
Let the holy spirit inside! It is your only way!
>>
>>5452024
>tfw you will never feel jesus inside you
why live
>>
>>5452008
Apart from the mammary epithelial tissue (the cells that make the milk), I think the adipose tissue disappears (which makes up the gross part of the breast)

So as soon as you stop taking hormonal treatment, your fat distribution should return back to the way it was.
>>
>>5452008
one reason that comes to mind is that if you don't pass, boobs would look stupid on you
>>
There is no such thing as AGP
>>
>>5449860
Well I don't necessarily disagree with him, but if you don't try to take no stance on his work, then idiots will continue to get distracted and make claims like "AGP doesn't exists!!"
>>
>>5451724
Why should anyone care though?

Why does everything sexual have to be described in pathological terms as if it were a disease to be treated?

The categorization of a lot of behaviors as fetish and mental illness honestly has a lot to do with social taboos that persist because theres a social order that perpetuates the 2000 year old opinions of illiterate goat-fuckers.

Think about how not even that long age being gay was considered a form of narcissism or a lack of proper masculine instruction.
>>
>>5452785
>AGP doesn't exist
>yes it does
>Who cares?!
>>
>>5451464
AGP is sexual (or possibly other) attraction to the idea of the self as a woman. Blanchard's theory attempted to categorize different types, and found that most mtfs attracted to women but not many attracted to men also were AGP. So, he theorized that AGP was a significant motivator for those attracted to women.

Again, whether you agree with Blanchard or not, AGP is a thing.

I think people who get very angry against "AGP" are simply misinformed and also somewhat transphobic, given that this means they are accepting the view that a person is bad for having AGP and that dysphoria induced by sexual motivations is less valid than dysphoria induced by other conditions. Additionally, if you read some of Anne Lawrence's work, you'll find that many mtfs will lie about not having experienced AGP, drawing a parallel between them and others who lie about having the traditional narrative, so that they can more likely be assigned the TruTrans label.
>>
>>5452785
because it fucking sucks and it's distressing for me. i want it to be treated

can we please stop feeding the "don't exist" trolls? this was actually getting to be a productive thread for me but now it's getting derailed into bullshit
>>
>>5452825
I don't see how the existence of AGP affects anything.

Person A is not happy being their gender. Medicine fixes this by transitioning. Simple.
>>
>>5452825
>>>5451464
>I think people who get very angry against "AGP" are simply misinformed and also somewhat transphobic, given that this means they are accepting the view that a person is bad for having AGP and that dysphoria induced by sexual motivations is less valid than dysphoria induced by other conditions.
> dysphoria induced by sexual motivations is less valid than dysphoria induced by other conditions.

It is though. AGP should be put in camps 2bh. They're basically subhuman filth and should be treated as such.
>>
>>5449355
Fucking lol, I swear people don't even actually read about AGP at all. If you read, you'd see that AGP isn't used as a means to stop folks from transitioning. It's actually recommended that folks with AGP should transition to live happy lives. AGP is a very real thing pals, deny all you like.
>>
>>5451717
Wtf? Whoever does this is a moron. The study basically sais that almost every transitioner has AGP, not that those with it shouldn't transition.
>>
Thanks for reminding me about my AGP and other issues.
>>
>>5453492
You're here forever: sexuality edition
>>
>>5453534
I'm slowly beginning to realize that. Also, why don't we have an AGP general?
>>
>>5453541
I don't know. we should
>>
>>5453541
If you're following the Blanchard definition then I guess we do have /tlg/, and we have had a crossdressing general at times (I don't know if it's still active or not), but I wouldn't mind it if there were an /agp/ if someone wanted to start one. It'd need some work to get it to weather the initial onslaught of trolling creating such a general would attract, though.
>>
>>5453906
I think it's different. AGP is not necessarily related to crossdressing
and a lot of /tlg/ers are very sensitive about the topic so it would be unwelcome, I think
>>
>>5425871
Only if you possess her body like a demonkin, anon ;))))))
>>
>>5453986
Yeah, I was joking about the /tlg/ part. Anyways, if someone wants to start a legit /agpg/ or whatever acronym we'd want, they should go ahead; it'd just need to be clear that it's not meant as a troll or a put down or anything like that.
>>
>>5454010
You mean like a reverse-tulpa?
>>
>>5454036
maybe after this thread is done, I think it's been the best agp thread in a while
>>
>>5454076
Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised.
>>
Alright, I created a general. Just search the catalog for AGP, you'll find it. People are already posting their infallible views.
>>
>tfw dont think i've ever masturbated or had sex without imagining i'm a girl
>wanted to be a girl and wear girls clothes, fantasised about magically becoming one, always wanted to know what i'd look like as a girl, used to try to find ways to find out online when i was younger
>talk to strangers on the internet about it over the years, mostly guys from /b/ that found it hot
>used to talk for hours and get really deep and upset
>would go away for a few weeks, purge everything related
>become suicidal
>severe anxiety every day
>dont want to be a tranny
>dont want to get manlier
>2 months pass like that
>actually buy hormones
>settles down and goes back to on again off again nature of before

I dont even know if this is a fetish or what anymore im fucked
>>
>>5454337
how old are you?
>>
>>5454337
truth
>>
>>5454350
20 now. The 2nd '>' started before i can remember, its always been that way
>>
>>5454010
>>5454053

yeah you know, just get a tulpa. Roleplay your inner girl, give her a name, it'll help you a lot to oppress the desire to screw over your body with hormones
>>
>>5454337
this..

this is like me 100%. Although I'm 24 now and look like 35+ due to acne scars, so I feel I'll never be the pretty girl I want to be again
>>
>>5454858
Oh no me neither i just take the pills because they stop me from crying myself to sleep every night out of fear

I said, i dont want to be a tranny. Im not coming out
>>
>>5455160
>>5454858
:\ I feel you guys heavily. 25 now. I probably stood a chance at 18

I feel the same way, I don't know why I'm even continuing to take them but I have to. it's not going to work out. I can't come out, but I start getting anxious without them and I don't want to see my head get anymore like a gaunt skeleton with no hair. I can see that future clearly already in my face, and I can't let that happen, but this so much:
>>
>>5425871
Can you do everyone a fucking favour and tell us what the hell AGP is. You make a thread and you're too lazy to write out the whole acronym. Fuck you.
>>
I am 19 years old, 5'9/115lbs, honestly I don't fucking know who I am. Sometimes I am confident and masculine, sometimes shy and submissive.
I like crossdressing, I dress in unisex clothes and I don't date anyone even though I would like to start dating a girl.
I just feel like I am projecting the absence of femininity onto my body, maybe I will find a loving girl and feel enough femininity to become a masculine man.
>>
>>5455407
get out newtranny
>>
>>5455427
take the sweet hormones before it's too late
>>
>>5455427
>I just feel like I am projecting the absence of femininity onto my body, maybe I will find a loving girl and feel enough femininity to become a masculine man.

I used to think this. Got a girlfriend. It didn't go away. Later got a way more fem girlfriend. Still didn't go away. With every change in relationship status the feelings remained and the only thing that changed was the wording of the lies I told myself to avoid facing the Scary Truth.
>>
>>5455683
how 2 get gf?
>>
File: forever.png (141 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
forever.png
141 KB, 500x366
>>5455427
>>
File: fun!.png (130 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
fun!.png
130 KB, 500x366
>>5459565
>>
>>5459548
This.

Even if it doesn't help, how are you supposed to get a gf? I don't understand how people do it so easily all the time
>>
File: laughing gator.png (339 KB, 455x395) Image search: [Google]
laughing gator.png
339 KB, 455x395
>>5455427
>5'9, 115 lbs
>sometimes I am confident and masculine
>>
>>5455683
this post made me really sad :(
>>
>>5455683
>>5466254
:(
.... But surely that's just an isolated case... Right?
>>
>>5425871
>Hired hooker
>Non-stop fantasizing about being her while fucking her.
>Thinking about her hot young body taking all those dicks everyday
>Realized I will never be her
>Go soft
>She asks if I'm gay
>I say no and leave
Recipe for disaster m88, in my experience it actually makes it worse.
>>
>>5448546
There is only one thing stopping me from transitioning and that is the fact that AGP doesn't give you emotional interest in men. I'm into men yet I'm not if that makes sense.
>>
>>5468723
HRT often shifts around your emotional and sexual interests a bit, for what it's worth. That said, I'm not sure if I got what you were saying: you're sexually interested in men, but not emotionally? What about women, emotionally and sexually?
>>
>>5468770
>you're sexually interested in men, but not emotionally?
I will suck a dick but I will not kiss a man
>What about women, emotionally and sexually?
it's the total opposite, I fall deeply in love with them, want to kiss and caress them but I find penetrating them to be somewhat dull. I'm so confused. If I stay male I'll have loving intense relationships with women (if I can find one, I'm pretty beta but that's another story) however the sex will be boring. If I become female the sex will be mind-blowing but I'll have no interest in my boyfriend beyond a close pal.
>>
>>5468796
> loves women and dick
Have you considered finding a transgirl that's okay with her penis?
>>
>>5468871
This is a possibility.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.