[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are non-binary genders a real thing? If so, can someone actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: Wizard-large.png (8 KB, 918x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wizard-large.png
8 KB, 918x1080
Are non-binary genders a real thing? If so, can someone actually be pan/polysexual?
>>pic obviously not related.
>>
no and no
>>
I am both agender and pan. Don't want to sound like a snowflake so mostly I'll pretend I'm FtM, though. I don't really understand how someone's gender/sex could be a turn off.
>>
>>5421683
Op here.
I think I'm genderfluid and pan
>>
>>5421714
Anything you wanted to know? I only recently came out myself but I'll help if I can.
>>
>>5421757
How can I be sure? I sometimes imagine I'm a girl and think about how I would like it. Am I just trans?
>>
Non-binary is a synonym for cis woman. It is a identity that exists as an extension of female privilege.
>>
>>5421773
I don't know how anyone is ever really sure. Right after I came out I had a week where I was positive I was a girl, that I had totally screwed up. Then that faded away and I haven't felt it since. If you're really unsure, ease into it. Try some girl's stuff, and just do what makes you comfortable. The title isn't really the most important thing, and you can always come out twice if need be.
>>
>>5421799
Except that there are male-born nonbinary people as well.
>>
>>5421809
Thanks
>>
nonbinary genders have existed in non-western cultures for forever

the concept of a binary gender dichotomy is a product of imperialism
>>
>>5422988
So is gender a social construct or is it biological? Notice that I didn't ask if gender roles are, I want to know if actual gender is or isn't a social construct.
>>
>>5423001
to subscribe to the idea that gender is biological would be a farce. analyzing even the simplest category of biology with respect to gender (the category being genitalia) reveals that there are not just two possible states in which genitalia can exist, as a number of states categorized as intersex serve as the metaphorical shades of grey.

different societies construct gender in different manners. gender is a social construct.
>>
>>5423017
Take a look at out mammal cousins. What tells them how to fuck? We still have that programming.
>>
>>5421512
I'll let science handle that one.

Though I support having a bunch of psychologists look at the average tumblr snowflake.
>>
>>5421773
Gender dysphoria which is what you're diagnosed with to be trans, it hits in waves where you'll want to be the other gender once in a while, but most of the time you'll be okay being your own gender. When you're still at the point of repressing, I mean. It gets different once you accept yourself to be trans and try to do something about it.

Don't consider yourself gender fluid yet, talk to a therapist who specializes with this stuff.
I don't think there's such a thing as gender fluid, I used to think I was, but it was just gender dysphoria fucking with me, now I've transitioned and feel pretty great about doing something with that want of being a girl since I was 4.
When it comes to gender and sexuality, stay far away from tumblr bullshit though.
>>
File: 1403395152519.jpg (16 KB, 400x446) Image search: [Google]
1403395152519.jpg
16 KB, 400x446
>>5423017
>to subscribe to the idea that gender is biological would be a farce. analyzing even the simplest category of biology with respect to gender (the category being genitalia) reveals that there are not just two possible states in which genitalia can exist, as a number of states categorized as intersex serve as the metaphorical shades of grey.
This is false. Intersex is caused by an abnormality in chromosome division, it's not a part of human sexual dimorphism. Our species has two genders, your 'shades of grey' constitute less than 1% of the population. Gender is a social construct based on biological facts, that's why we have the male-female gender binary.

I highly doubt you'd say that humans have 10-14 fingers and 10-20 toes, even though extra digits are more common than the entire intersex spectrum together.
>>
>>5424717
have the natural drives to reproduce ones species and saying "hey i see myself as this thing" are two entirely different things and are not mutually exclusive you can still fuck and create an artificial stratus of social order
>>
>>5424943
My natural inclination is to present butt, or lay on my pack as a guy fucks me. I have no natural inclination for thrusting, despite the fact I was born with a dick. All the rest of my inclinations are feminine too.
>>
>>5424815
It's nonsensical to say that intersex conditions aren't part of human sexual dimorphism. They're a less common outcome, sure, but they're part of the same phenomenon that includes ordinary males and females. Just because it's uncommon doesn't mean it somehow "doesn't count". The idea of a gender binary is itself a social construct, which arose largely because it's good enough to cover most situations. Just like Newtonian physics is still perfectly accurate as long as you're not dealing with relativity.
>>
>>5421512

No, "non-binary" is absolute garbage. It comes from a bunch of people who feel a little uncomfortable about being perceived as entirely masculine or entirely feminine, and most of those people go to Smith and live on Tumblr. The fact that they're uncomfortable doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they have actual dysphoria, but because they're just uncomfortable with themselves by virtue of being 19 (and predominantly female), or that they're just generally insecure people.

If you can be a feminine male, or a masculine female, what could possibly differentiate that from "non-binary"? These people have come up with so many new ridiculous terms that they have made them all inherently meaningless.

It's not a real identity, and it shouldn't be taken seriously. Gender is NOT a social construct.
>>
>>5425239

Whenever I hear or read about people talking about being intersex, they tend to hate it. It seems to involve a lot of sterility, dysfunctional organs, and sometimes even physical pain. I don't see them waving flags asking to be referred to as intersex, seems like the SJW campaigners are behind that part.
>>
>>5421512
Even if someone is ~nonbinary~ there are still only 2 sexes. So no to pansexuality.
>>
>>5425687

>in b4 "I'm XYXXYXYX therefore it's a completely different gender and sex"
>>
>>5425687
Since when is sexual orientation defined exclusively by biological sex?
>>
>>5425778

Pansexuality implies that there is more than one gender.
>>
>>5425805
And why does there being only two sexes imply that there is only one gender?
>>
I mean, yes and no. Really they are invention of emasculated and bored Westerners who do not feel adequate as males and females, and distort their gender into something else entirely.
>>
>>5425805
it literally does not
it includes attraction to both genders, animals, the inanimate, the dead, or anything that exists, really. including someone or something that does not have or refuses to refer to themselves as one of the binary genders.
>>
>>5425855

*more than two genders

Sorry m8y fucked the word up.
>>
>>5425922

>paraphilias included

unacceptable
>>
>>5421512
>Gender roles should not exist
>I adhere to gender roles from both genders so I must be gender-special
YourBrainOnFeminism.jpg
>>
You can be two different genders but you can't be two different sexes.
>>
File: 1427756949998.jpg (151 KB, 702x960) Image search: [Google]
1427756949998.jpg
151 KB, 702x960
>>5425239
>It's nonsensical to say that intersex conditions aren't part of human sexual dimorphism.
Meant that it's not a part of typical human sexual dimorphism which the previous poster implied that it is.
>They're a less common outcome, sure, but they're part of the same phenomenon that includes ordinary males and females.
Not really. Males and females aren't caused by failure in proper chromosome division. I wouldn't exactly call our chromosomes a 'phenomenon' that encompasses all the abnormal states those chromosomes can end up in.
>The idea of a gender binary is itself a social construct, which arose largely because it's good enough to cover most situations
And it still is. Humans have two genders, some people have chromosome disorder that gives them a special mishmash of those two genders but the system still is based on XX or XY and how those chromosomes effect our bodily functions.

I don't think newtonian physics are a honest comparison to this. The gender binary already encompasses all the intersex mixtures in between, it's not like the unlucky few have a Z chromosome or something that needs an entirely new classification that the current XX-XY binary can't explain. Newtonian physics cant explain relativity or quantum physics.

And for day to day life most intersex people are guys or gals just like trannies even if the genitals dont necessarily match the appearance. Non-binary stuff is just a tumblr fad to serve their special needs community and now people are looking if there's any validity to it after the fact which is fine, but you shouldn't try to deliberately complicate things that are already explained quite easily.

Gender = male or female
Sex = male or female (or intersex for those unlucky 1%)
>>
>>5432428
>Not really. Males and females aren't caused by failure in proper chromosome division. I wouldn't exactly call our chromosomes a 'phenomenon' that encompasses all the abnormal states those chromosomes can end up in.
Failure is a subjective concept though. There's no specific intention in these biological process.

>The gender binary already encompasses all the intersex mixtures in between, it's not like the unlucky few have a Z chromosome or something that needs an entirely new classification that the current XX-XY binary can't explain.
Not really, the gender binary is the idea that everyone is either male or female with nothing in between.
>>
File: muh feelings.jpg (123 KB, 912x960) Image search: [Google]
muh feelings.jpg
123 KB, 912x960
>>5421683
My boyfriend of six years just came out to me as genderfluid, and I suddenly wanted to kill myself.

I just don't like femininity but since "That person" said that to me, I can't think of them sexually anymore. I love "That person" but I feel betrayed? Any other Mtf's know this feeling or am I just a deviant deviant?
>>
>>5433387
Wowie, what an awful thing to say. How would you feel if he said that about you? Seriously, you're a shit.
>>
>>5422988
Non-binary genders in non-western cultures rely entirely on deviation from binary gender norms to define a tertiary gender. They relegate gay, transsexual, and gnc people to outsider status. If anything, they serve to more strongly reinforce a binary gender, because any step outside of social prescription removes one immediately from that binary.
>>
>>5433651
I realize this, but I'm not attracted to the person anymore. It really feels like something inside me died after they said that. I feel less like a woman when I'm with that person because they are more feminine than me now.

I honestly think this is only a step towards an eventual transition and I'm not attracted to women.

What's non-binary about a person? I don't understand it at all, aside from the things that used to attract me about the person are the things that they are now on a crusade to eliminate/destroy.

I like men, I've never once found women sexually interesting, and now I'm told that they want to wear girl's clothes and shave off all their hair and I can't help but worry that they're trans too.

They were in no way feminine for years, and now they just claim to hate men and all things masculine and it repulses me.
I'm asking for advice. I really thought we were husband and wife, He used to be bisexual and leaning to the female, and now I feel that he's AGP, because he only ever talks dirty to me about my transition and it feels weird, like he wants to be me rather than be with me.

He doesnt say "You look good" when I wear something, it's more "I wish could wear that" and I hate it. Is this why people don't date chasers?
>>
>>5433778

I'm going to say drop him. Just tell him you're not attracted to the person he's becoming. It's basically the same as if you started dating someone, then after a few months they had a radical personality shift to the extent they were no longer the same person.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.