[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for the T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: vegeta20.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
vegeta20.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
How do you feel about pronouns being tied to one's biological sex as opposed to their gender?

The reason I'm asking this is because, without giving it away, I run a community based around something that biological sex is definitely relevant in. No, it's not exactly sex related but without giving it away the biological sex of another user is definitely more relevant than their gender. I was considering making this a rule in the community, but the community has pretty much already done this themselves. There are currently 4-5 transgender individuals within the community and half of them agree with this sentiment and follow this but the other half find it demeaning and pointless. For reference

>Community is such that biological sex would be more relevant to know than gender
>Community as a whole has already taken to doing so
>Half of the transgender part of the community agrees, other half disagrees
>I would make sure this is well known as to not demean or hurt transgender individuals not aware of this rule
>>
>>5409550
I think you are full of shit.
>>
>>5409628
Nowhere near as much as you.

>>5409550
Fuck non-transsexuals. Seriously, gender is noone's business except your own. And if you cant even be arsed to put effort into masking your sex, you deserve all the scrutiny and mockery.
>>
It's an anonymous imageboard. You can say what your (predumably very lewd) club is about. Would be easier to answer.

Also pretty curious tbdesu
>>
Well, I don't see why you can't actually say what this community is based about, we're all anonymous here and it would be easier to understand if we actually knew what you were talking about. But anyway, I don't see why calling people pronouns based on biological sex really makes sense, I mean would you also expect trans people to use names based on what they were born as too?
>>
>>5409550
Does everyone in this community have backscatter x-ray vision? Can they see chromosomes?
>>
>>5410048
>implying chromosomes determine biological sex
>>
>>5410073
you're wacky dude
>>
>>5410113
I think it's wackier to claim someone born with male anatomy is "biologically female" simply because they have XX chromosomes.
>>
>>5410126
oh shit i must've misread your post
>>
>>5410073
Of course not, but some people say they're the only thing that matters, even though they're literally incapable of perceiving them.
>>
>>5409550
"Biological sex" meaning...?

Visible anatomy?

Apparent sex at birth?

Viable gamete production profile?

Hormone profile?

Tissue development?

Skeletal structure?

Some combination?

Something else?
>>
>>5410169
Going from 1 to the other might not be entirely viable right now but when you alter some of these you definitely aren't 100% your starting sex.
>>
>>5410169
don't play stupid.

You were born male. DMAB.

I don't know how your past was, but most cases I hear of trans lives before they were trans was their lives as boys, either picked on by the others for not being manly enough, or overcompensating and going into the military/working out, or actually living life as a normal guy until they transitioned. Many of you were raised as men. Which explains why many of you chase after the lost girlhood you did not recieve for being born as a boy.

All of those you listed are apart of biological sex. But quit making excuses. Most transwomen are not intersex. Let me put it in simple terms for you:

Most transwomen were not born with abnormal genitalia/reproduction systems that had features of both sexes.

Most transwomen were born healthy young boys until you decided to transition.
>>
>>5410181
Right, but understanding this scenario demands some knowledge of what OP means by "biological sex" if they're uncomfortable saying what their community is for. Otherwise, the post could have read simply "yes or no" and our responses would have been just as relevant.
>>
>>5409550
I think this would solve a lot of problems and hurt feelings desu. I mean we were doing it for time and it wasn't an issue until the trannies started screaming...
>>
>>5410211
So you mean apparent sex at birth?

Why this long, upset post over answering that question?
>>
>>5410212
biological males:
>>5390299
>>
File: triggered.jpg (7 KB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
7 KB, 190x200
>>5409628
This isn't tumblr shit head
>>
>>5410073
>fuck science what about MUH FEELS
>>
>>5410169
>Apparent sex at birth?

oh you gotta be trolling now nigga. your sex is your sex end of-willy male fanny female. If its unknown than intersex, theres nothing else.
>>
>>5410235
Chromosones do play a major role in the biological process of sex determination, but in terms of actually defining biological sex it's the phenotype, not the genotype that matters.
>>
>>5410242
So it's primary sex characteristics?

You're getting really aggressive over being asked to describe your terminology. Your community management will suffer if you don't dial that back.
>>
So is this thread just next level bait ?

Because now I want to know what the community is...
>>
>>5410263
I'm forced to assume an anonymous genital-pic swapping community, where posters have pictures of their crotch instead of names.

Or it's elaborate bait.
>>
>>5410256
But if the condition is trans-gender then why the need to insist that sex is somehow taboo? I thought the point of trans gender is you gender identudy not matching with your biological sex.

>>5410262
Kek agressive? bitch where? If you think that post was agressive in any way i envy your very sheltered life. Also you seem to have mistaken me for OP
>>
>>5410276
Why do all threads which disagree with trans pov get called bait? People have different opinions, if they didnt we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place.
>>
>>5410283
Could you link all your posts, then, so that they can be safely ignored as irrelevant? It's possible OP was sincere, and it's strange you'd answer on their behalf despite also knowing nothing about their community.

And yes, you are being aggressive, and I'm confused that you think otherwise.
>>
>>5410263
>>5410276

My two guesses:

>a sex kink community where some of the cis folk don't want to do with it with the transfolk therefore the biological sex thing is a often talked about thing

OR (more likely imo)

>a freethink/skepticism club that criticizes religion and other faith based beliefs. Their probably argued the biological sex/transsexualism thing in the past and majority have come to the conclusion the pronouns should be tied to bio sex.
>>
>>5410289
Well this one in particular is pretty dishonest.
>>
>>5410299
How am i being agressive? i dont see it. all i see is you being pissed off now and being rude. tell me what exactly i said that was agressive and if it was agressive i would apologise.
>>
>>5410289
Quantity and insincerity.
>>
>>5410304
How so? many people have fucked up opinions.
>>
>>5410309
insincerity?
>>
>>5410283
>But if the condition is trans-gender then why the need to insist that sex is somehow taboo? I thought the point of trans gender is you gender identudy not matching with your biological sex.
Who's insisting that "sex is somehow taboo"?
>>
>>5410343
The OP is suggesting that people be referred to their biological sex rather than their gender identidy and a few people in this thread have reacted very badly to that which suggests that.
>>
>>5410305
Who are you, Anonymous? Would you kindly point out the posts you've made in this thread so I can be thorough?

As for the rest, answering on behalf of an equally Anonymous poster is rude, confounds discussion, and where privileged knowledge is required (as in this case) misrepresents the issue.

What YOU think defines biological sex is irrelevant to the thread if you are not OP (note that I am included in this), because this isn't a thread about what we think defines biological sex. It's a thread about how we feel about pronouns being tied to one's (OP's definition) biological sex, especially in OP's community.

I was looking for OP to clarify, and some Anon answered on their behalf.
>>
>>5410316
Yes, insincerity is an essential part of trolling. The quintessential "bait" post is a completely different beast when the poster is sincere about it, but in many cases that lack of sincerity exposes itself immediately, if only by virtue of the environment into which they are inserted.
>>
>>5410366
Pro-tip, in future dont be rude to people if you dont know what they said then insist they were being assholes but also ask for clarification. its just shows how much of an idiot you are.

I wasn't answering on behalf of anybody, this is an open imageboard, lots of people post here, do we need your permission to post? Are you a mod? (serious question)

Damn if thats not the most tumblr post on here kek
>>
File: 4XXZFCd.jpg (59 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
4XXZFCd.jpg
59 KB, 546x700
>>5410401
>>
>>5410414
You gave up that quickly? What a let-down.
>>
>>5410366
>As for the rest, answering on behalf of an equally Anonymous poster is rude, confounds discussion, and where privileged knowledge is required (as in this case) misrepresents the issue.

Are you serious? This is fucking 4chan, not parliment. You didn't give shit to the other poster who actually did insult you in their reply. Goodness gracious.
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 184x273
>>5410439
I'm pretty sure you're a troll dude. But yeah ok whatever, not actually here to impress you.
>>
>>5409550
>sex: female
>gender: man
he is (a natal) female

>sex: male
>gender: woman
she is (a natal) male

make sense?
>>
>>5410256
They do define the phenotype you delusional faggot.
>>
>>5410357
That doesn't mean we think sex is taboo, just that we don't understand the reasoning. For one OP is refusing to disclose what exact situation he's talking about, and even when biological sex is what's relevent that doesn't mean we change their pronouns. Like even if a mtf is having sex using her dick, she's still a she, that's how pronouns conventionally work. So I don't really understanding what OP is getting at.

>>5410420
Are you providing an example of what she's talking about?

>>5411064
I suppose you could argue that chromosomes are part of the phenotype, but not really, and the anatomy is a much larger part of the phenotype. If someone is born with a vagina and XY chromosomes, it's nonsensical to call them phenotypically male.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.