[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think being gay is only secure for rich and upper middle class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: 1448420700708.jpg (136 KB, 497x599) Image search: [Google]
1448420700708.jpg
136 KB, 497x599
I think being gay is only secure for rich and upper middle class men, especially when you are from a third world country. Do you agree?

I'm Brazilian and you have no idea how I wish I could go to a muscle bear night club in my city. But I'm afraid as fuck of HIV, costs of drugs, health insurance, etc.

I've notice many sexually active gays are high income, even in first world countries.

I did not even tell the truth to my parents.

The goal of most gays from /lgbt/ is being rich or upper middle class to protect yourselves, right? If you live with your parents, do you pretend to stay in celibate until you get high income?
>>
I'm just glad I'm not Brazilian in general desu senpai
>>
>>5404875

Where are you from, at least answer the questions.
>>
>>5404878
American, middle class, live with parents but they're supportive, have financial security. I'm from the South so the broader community isn't exactly accepting but w/e.

Probably worth noting though that I'm mtf so things are probably a bit different
>>
I live in Boston and worked shitty jobs through my twenties.

>I was out as gay to parents and friends, I went to the pride parades, went clubbing at night, had sex with boyfriend, woke up to catch my bus to my shitty temp jobs, and repeated that until able to get something stable: work with better income and (any) benefits, and boyfriends that weren't crazy.

>Currently middle class, no kids, health is fine, career is fine, been with my partner for five years, house is fine, relationship with my Mother is fine. (Father and a few other friends turned out to be assholes).

Being out and poor and sexually active without affordable health care is scary, but condoms, handjobs, and monogamy are cheap.

Good luck, don't fuck raw, save your money, keep your social support network close and you'll be okay.
>>
>>5404869
ARGEEENNNNTTTIIIIINNNNAAA GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL MESSIMESSIMESSIMESSI
>>
>>5404896

>Being out and poor and sexually active without affordable health care is scary

This. And I'm from Sweden. Even here you are fucked if you live with your parents, they don't support and you have shit jobs.
>>
God tier: Rich in Sweden and UK before the age of Islamisation
Great tier: White with great/decent income in USA, Canada, Australia and most European countries
Good tier: Poor in same countries, rich in South America
Okay tier: Urban Japan, parts of South Africa
Not so good tier: Russia and its followers, I think Western media blackmails them too much they simply just don't want the "gay brainwashing culture" there and I think we should respect that
Bad tier: Not IS controlled Middle East as long as you pretend you're not gay and just fuck men like everyone does, in Saudi Arabia you probably could do anything as long as you have money
You're dead tier: IS controlled Middle East

North Korea doesn't even exist, but you can keep it in mind and remember there will always be someone more miserable than you.
>>
>>5404934
>I think Western media blackmails them too much they simply just don't want the "gay brainwashing culture" there and I think we should respect that
Why should we respect a government being actively hostile to LGBT people?
>>
>>5404934
North Korea part made me chuckle
>>
>>5404953
Because you don't want to start warmongering with Russia just because Putin refuses to accept everything from Western world. There was time USA went to spread "freedom" to Middle East and it didn't end nicely. I don't accept everything he does but the NATO/EU positive media reporting has been hypocritical and over-the-top. Homosexuality is not illegal in Russia, there really hasn't been that many people fined for "gay propaganda". People that have killed gays have been sent to penal colonies and Putin isn't really setting up war against gays and I seriously don't think it's the worst place to live as gay because they don't want "extreme propaganda" everywhere.

Most of all I don't think USA or UK have any right to criticize Russia while being besties with Saudi Arabia. I'm by no means pro-Putin in many cases but I think media always reports Russia like it's the worst shithole ever but doesn't condemn the Sharia law ruled Saudi Arabia. And this is because of money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2013/08/07/president-obama-has-no-patience-for-russias-anti-gay-stance/
Why does Obama say this but never anything about the beheadings by Saudis? Putin's Russia won't become rainbow-colored Western dreamland overnight and West will never be able to force our ideals on Russia, best you can do is to communicate with gay Russians that have been discriminated. Finland did offer place for one gay refugee couple from Russia but there hasn't been extreme flow of gays to anywhere. I don't think you need to accept it but I think there needs to be perspective.
>>
>>5405021
Alright, that's fair enough. I'll acquiesce
>>
File: deeply concerned.png (218 KB, 851x596) Image search: [Google]
deeply concerned.png
218 KB, 851x596
>>5404869
I live in Russia, I earn 500 usd/month before tax (which is around average) and I am sexually active.
Your hypothesis seems to be wrong.

>>5405021
The West (at least Germany/Europe) would put up with anything just to keep the gas and oil flowing and the threat of nuclear war distant.
Russia can fire rockets at civilian planes or annex land, but they'd be too scared to do anything about it. Obviously they wouldn't do anything about homosexuality being made illegal (if/when it happens).

I'm not saying it's the worst place, your media blows it out of proportion, while barely mentioning that it is much much worse in Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries (but we all know why, politicians have only one ideology - the love for money, and oil is big money).

As long as you stay in the closet, you should be fine here, gay hunters are a rare occurrence.
>>
Also there are problems with freedom of speech in Russia. But it has developed a lot from communist society. I just fear the separatist behavior adds conflicts. Meanwhile the most potential next president of USA represents her warmongering strategies regarding Syria, I think American need to be more concerned about their own sanity if they seriously want to elect her because she makes cute videos that tell she loves gays(except when she didn't).
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/nov/19/hillary-clinton-isis-strategy-ground-troops-airstrikes-no-fly-zone-syria
>>
>>5404934
I'm at Bad tier, but I don't have any money and I'm in misery, though I think i'm going to be fine
>>
The tumblr generation has been born to first world where they have everything they could possible have. So when media represents other country in bad light and they don't do their independent research, they wonder why and start demanding it to become like their ideal. So it leads to dumb behavior that doesn't really help anyone: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/russian-children-coloring-book_n_4282899.html

People are forgetting that gay sex wasn't legal in USA nationwide til 2003(not that anyone cared) and there was aggressive riots against police raids back in 1960s. No country becomes liberal utopia as soon as someone demands it. I'm scared of spread of Islam in Europe because I know those people see their "objectively right" ideology same way and I for sure refuse to accept that in Western society.
>>
>>5404934
>good tier
Thank you based Macri for not turning this into an "okay" tier shithole
>>
>>5405059

>I live in Russia

It's shitty as fuck being gay in Russia and you know it. I'm from Moscow. You are just insane. If you get HIV, your life is over.
>>
>>5405202
Can you move to America and be my bf? They're are all pussy hipsters here and I need a respectful top
>>
>>5405156
exactly. the western world is so acceptive, because gay people fought for it for centuries, because they risked their lives for it. demanding your country to change isn't going to lead to anything. people in the third world simply did not fight as strongly as europeans and north americans.
family and tradition has a way stronger impact in the non western world though, what makes the fight for rights harder. many people think, that it's something negative how in the western world people just throw away other people, who they don't get along with. this fact is incredibly helpful for minorities though.

on why gay people tend to be rich: as there is a rise in females reaching the upper class through magnificent careers gay people tend to be more educated than their straight counterparts. this could have many reasons. I think it's correlation, not causation.
sure, it could be the case, that those who are perfectly fine with their sexuality and can live it freely are more productive.
I think it's simply, that people from lower classes seem to be gay less often, what basically only means, that they don't come out. lower classes are full of foreigners, who are a lot less tolerant on average.

many white kids, who grew up in the tolerant western society: big win
lots of mixed people and other immigrants, who grew up in a mostly intolerant society: you don't come out
I actually think being in the upper middle class is the best. not as conservative as posh people, but wealthy enough to be privileged.
>>
>>5405156
The thing is, Russia is becoming less tolerant, not more.
What kind of research do you need, really? I don't think your media goes as far as to publish falsified facts or statistics pulled out of their asses, at least on this issue.
>>5405202
I do know it. You, on the other hand, know nothing, Jon Snow. Check your Moscow privilege and praise every god there is you weren't born in a small town.
But why are you calling me insane, just because I have sex and ain't paranoid about HIV? You do realize that you sound ridiculous, right? Unless you do bareback or suck random dicks in glory holes, getting HIV is not any more likely than being murdered while you're walking home from work or dying in a car accident.
>>5405437
If we could move, why the hell would we stay here?
>>
>>5405467
I kind of see Putin as Margaret Thatcher. There's no doubt she was strong leader but she was very controversial as the Iron Lady, regarding gay rights as well. In 1967 she supported legalising homosexuality, but in 1988 she passed the Secton 28 which banned teaching and promoting homosexuality which lasted for about decade. When she was in power the arrests and convictions based on consenting same sex behavior skyrocketed and there was the whole AIDS panic going on as well. But I'm not Russian I don't know if this is Russian society in general or the Putinist conspiracy. I don't like him in this sense and I think he puts up lot of show, but I think he's the only good leader dealing with the Middle East conflict.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VRRWuryb4k
>>
>>5405526
The law that Thatcher passed is indeed quite similar to the law we have, but there are no arrests based on consenting behavior whatsoever, if we are talking about sex here. The police won't log in to grindr to arrest homosexuals.

The activist groups (what little exist anyway) often get pressured though (there's another law that basically prohibits any non-approved NGOs). Especially if they deal with kids, such as help centers for LGBT teens.

But the problem mostly lies not in the laws made by the state, but in the attitudes of the people (including law enforcement, who will often side with the perpetrators in cases of anti-gay violence).
>>
Thatcher might have been cruel but partially her era helped creating more liberal society because of free market, economic liberalism does lead to social liberalism
Lot of gay bars were opened in UK in 80s and 90s
You're responsible for your own actions and future
>>
>>5404869

wow it's almost like there are actual problems associated with being a homosexual and it isn't some sort of rainbow cake fantasy land where everything is fine
>>
>>5404869
Surely there are free condom distributors where you live.
Statistically poor people have far more sex than the rich though. Sex is free after all.
>>
>>5404869
>But I'm afraid as fuck of HIV, costs of drugs, health insurance, etc.
That's what you're worried about, not getting killed just because you're gay?
>>
Most gay people all around the world are rich because they don't have children.
>>
>>5408590
And don't have women to siphon their money
>>
>>5406405
>Sex is free
Sex is free, but condoms are rather expensive.
>free condom distributors
Such things exist?
>>5408701
Lesbians must be poor then, since they don't have anyone to siphon money from.
>>
>>5409233
spotted the Americuck ;^P
>>
>>5409233
Yeah clinics give away condoms for free usually. Lots of bars and clubs give them away for free as well.
If you go to universities clinics just grab a big handful of condoms from their clinics, they don't care.
You could probably find a place online to order them for free as well.
>>
>>5410204
I'm the Russian who posted earlier.
>>5410473
STD clinics? Never been to one. But I really doubt they hand out anything for free.
>>
>>5410204
Condoms are mad cheap and freely available at many places in America.
>>
>>5414125
They do. They usually have a basket out front that you can just grab as many as you like from.
>>
File: marcinek majewski.jpg (51 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
marcinek majewski.jpg
51 KB, 800x450
>>5404934
Poland Tier: where your parents ask about girfriend when u celebrate 10th anniversary of your gay relationship
>>
>>5414150
I think we only have the expensive brand ones like contex available, no cheap generic ones.
>>5414157
You don't know our clinics.
You even have to buy those disposable plastic overshoes (I don't know how you call them in English) yourself, and you've got to wear them to enter.
>>5414167
At least you have a relationship.
>>
>>5414167
Poland is still building itself. Give it time. I have my utter respect for Poles and other Eastern Europeans for not allowing another cultural genocide with Islamisation. You must accept conservative atmosphere now to keep the national pride.
>>
>>5414200
>I have my utter respect for Poles and other Eastern Europeans for not allowing another cultural genocide with Islamisation.
That's a funny way of saying, "self-immolating jingoistic protectionism."

Poles/Lithuanians/Slavs confuse the shit out of me. I meet a lot of them and they act decently enough towards me, but I get the feeling that they secretly want to gut me.

>Slovene keeps his arms covered entire visit
>Takes his shirt off to change one day, Kenyan is like, "Oh, is that a cross? It's Christian."
>Slovene is like, "No, no... It's a Celtic cross."
>This guy is SF
>Freaking out slightly
>>
>>5414232
East Europe has been fucked by Nazis and commies and now they're supposed to take people from completely different culture because of problems caused by Western imperialism. They have every right to be this way. Look at Sweden and how it commits cultural genocide due to white guilt that shouldn't exist considering their history.
>>
>>5404869
you are completely right OP
i dont know how to put this properly, but being gay is quite a decadent and leisurely life style and only the rich really have the money and time to support it.
the rest of us plebs dont really have the oppurtunity to be gay
>>
>>5414268
>Look at Sweden and how it commits cultural genocide due to white guilt that shouldn't exist considering their history.
What the fuck does this even mean.
What is this crap about white guilt being an illegitimate reaction to looking at the history of Western powers?

Here's the thing about Eastern Europe: the way you describe it, it has more in common with Africa and the African diaspora than Western Europe. Pop quiz, tell me the two places where genocide (excuse me, "ethnic cleansing") were attempted in the past 3 decades.

And yet, they're all gung-ho about right-wing fascist bullshit. Man, you can't try to take on the mantle of European Supremacy while crying about the contemporary political realities that entails. Fucking pick one, and if it's isolationism, well, then I hate to break it to you, but you're going to lose against the EU bloc. You should probably group up with some like-minded nations. Like the Ugandans.
>>
>>5405444
I am upper middle class (parents each make around 90-120k a year, both work) American transsexual and I really don't think I could have been born in a better position. I am not very jealous of the ultra rich, yes I can't splurge as much as them but essentially I don't worry about money ever. I get to have nice things, eat out often ect. Vacations.

And even though my parents are Catholic republicans, they care so much for their children and they have lived comfy lifestyles and don't have bullshit older family members controlling their opinions because whites care less about family hierarchys. Basically their opinions are determined by media influence and their own ideas, rather than bullshit community figures and family figures so overall much more liberal.

Kind of funny when you say that 3rd worlds and minorities have stronger family systems and that whites kick throw people away. I don't agree with this at all. Other cultures simply destroy you if you don't conform to their traditional views, thats pretty weak family bonds if you ask me.

I remember feeling as a kid that I was growing up in the best environment in the world and I still feel that way. America is truly the land of opportunity, but its competitive as hell. Still not as bad as boring Euro countries, corrupt south american countries, and ultra-competitive traditionalist asian countries.

Cheers.
>>
>>5409233
Lesbians are poor.... statistically lesbians are poor than m-f or m-m couples.

Basically women are lazy fucks and want to leech so when they fall for each other they are truly fucked cause they can't leach off other lazy women
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.