[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is /lgbt/ just a bunch of ftm's, mtf's and "special
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: wordle.png (32 KB, 792x506) Image search: [Google]
wordle.png
32 KB, 792x506
is /lgbt/ just a bunch of ftm's, mtf's and "special snowflake" tumblrinos, or representative of the lgbt community?

this word cloud shows the content of the threads in /lgbt/, where the most mentioned words are the biggest.
>>
>>5384770
You know, 'other' probably isn't used that often in the way you're thinking of, but in other ways instead.
>>
>>5384770
LGBT has a lot of mtfs because it's one of the only places a lot of us can get support from without having to deal with creepy old hons
>>
>>5384824
"are there any other people here who..."
for example
>>
>>5384770
It's pretty representative of the community, even though one wouldn't say so from just looking at it.
>>
>>5384770
You seem to be missing the factor that /pol/ is constantly making bait threads and shitposting about trannies since the creation of /lgbt/.
>>
File: 1450015060644.png (55 KB, 1500x1212) Image search: [Google]
1450015060644.png
55 KB, 1500x1212
>>5384770
I fixed your image for you, OP
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1500x1212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1500x1212
>>5385372
I don't believe you fixed it correctly. I find this to be more of an accurate depiction.
>>
>>5385308
Once you figure out their MO, they can easily be ignored.
>>
>>5385372
>>5388507
Actually the American Psychological Association now just considers it a condition of birth like they do for orientation.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 236x273) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 236x273
>>5388540
I know it is. I'm just being an asshole anon. gay/trans people aren't really mentally ill.
>>
>>5388540
Yeah, its just supposed to show how prevalent that argument keeps getting thrown out there.
>>
>>5384836
basically. reddit's full of hons and hugboxing people that tell them how beautiful and passable they are. tumblr's full of... well, they aren't trans. and what other boards exist? susans? that place is an easy way to give yourself induced nightmares. since mtfs have to work harder to pass than ftms, they have more downtime where their lives are at a standstill and they look kinda weirdly in-between. so to do something during that period, they get all pissed off on here.
>>
>>5384770
trannies are extremely overrepresented on this board
>>
>>5388540
yeah dysphoria don't real it's harmless
>>
>>5384836
What is a hon? Honest question.
>>
>>5395434
either an old transitioner that really doesn't pass, or an old transitioner that doesn't pass and is also crazy about forcing their "true transgender" guidelines down the throats of younger transitioners.

in the former case, some are just unfortunate. in the latter case, they can come across as mentally-deranged men, covering up fetishes.
>>
>>5395441
Thanks for explaining.
>>
>>5395429
The dysphoria is a psych condition. Just not the transgenderness.
>>
It's because gays come to /lgbt/, see all the tranny threads (many of which are redundant), and then get scared off. Or they go to gaygen and see all the tripfag circlejerks.

This board could really do better. Gays need to create more threads.
>>
>>5395419
There's /cd/ on 420chan, but pretty much all of them migrated here. /lgbt/'s trans culture is basically just /cd/ 2.0
>>
>>5395933
transitioning is the treatment of dysphoria

a transgender person is someone who is undertaking transition of gender

pretending dysphoria isn't real and a serious mental illness does nothing but harm trans people for the sake of political point scoring
>>
>>5398632
>a transgender person is someone who is undertaking transition of gender
Sorry, no.
A transgender is a person who has gender expression different than their sex.

A transsexual is a transgender who is changing their sex to align with their gender expression.

I'm not pretending gender dysphoria doesn't exist. I was just talking about the current DSM-5 criteria of Gender Dysphoria, and their stance on what being transgender means psych wise. Being transgender is now just a condition of birth because both the brain, and body are fine, just mismatched in gender and sex. Gender Dysphoria is the condition some, but not all, transgenders have. It is a clinical diagnosis that then leads to treatment via transition. A person who doesn't have GD can still transition. The APA doesn't see it as a medical necessity for them. For somebody with GD, the APA considers it a medical necessity to transition.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.