[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the name Zoey too trans? The name is really cool and personal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12
File: Tumblr_magqmxCzDO1qc8owmo1_500.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_magqmxCzDO1qc8owmo1_500.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
Is the name Zoey too trans? The name is really cool and personal to me for a few reasons but I am frustrated that it is one of those textbook trans names like "Rachel."

I know most people outside of the trans community won't even notice, but I still don't want to pick that for my name if it is going to be an eyeroll. I'm just conflicted.
>>
wait, there are common names?

fuck, what do I need to avoid that also isn't so out there it will be cringe
>>
File: zoey.jpg (57 KB, 634x353) Image search: [Google]
zoey.jpg
57 KB, 634x353
It's fine, hon.
>>
>>5384400
yikes
>>
Sorry OP for hijacking your thread but I have diff name problems. I was trying to think of a good gender neutral name for androgyne.
Cameron would be so good except it reminds me of our dickhead prime minister and the fact that Clan Cameron were active participants in the clearances.
I know it shouldn't be but that history is still kinda painful, at least enough to make that name too jarring for me to ever take.
>>
>>5384430
why do you want a neutral name?
>>
>>5384393
don't pick alice or catlyn or anything from a reddit tier novel or film
>>
>>5384432
sorry for being nonbinary
>>
>>5384435
oh yeah I'm not really feeling those names anyway though
is Nicole bad
>>
File: no.jpg (6 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
6 KB, 350x263
>>5384438
>>
>>5384438
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>5384441
not if you really like it. I picked something I thought fitted, do you seem like a Nicole? The other thing to do is look at popular baby names from the year you were born.
>>
>>5384445
>>5384443
Picking on nb people? What is this, 2010?
>>
File: jo.jpg (148 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
jo.jpg
148 KB, 600x336
>>5384447
https://youtu.be/zjNvCBoSyfQ
>>
I honestly couldn't be Zoey because of that one professional victim.
>>
>>5384446
I like Vanessa but Nicole would be a good middle name I think
>>
>>5384363
"Zoey" and its variants are so early-2000's.

Seriously, you can tell roughly what five year span someone transitioned in just by listening to the cliched names.
>>
>>5384461
Vanessa screams tranny imo.
>>
>>5384469
How so?
Is it because it isn't exactly common?
I like the name, but I've had concern with how uncommon it is and what it might imply I guess
"me special xDDD" or w/e
>>
>>5384476
Butterfly, yeah I would avoid that.
>>
Would Olivia fall into the cliche category? I think I would want to go by Olive, it's more gender neutral but still cute..
>>
>>5384494
Olive/Olivia
like the ultra special hero from that tv show?
>>
>>5384363
I know two Zoeys, both of which are cis
>>
>>5384496
not sure what you're talking about anon
>>
>>5384480
I like it because of all the cool nicknames you can get out of it, and it feels nice and flows well and is pretty

now I'm sad anon
>>
>>5384500
all names are horrible and I want to die
>>
>>5384499
Maybe it wasn't a popular enough show and nobody will make the connection.

>>5384500
Sorry.
>>
>>5384504
how about a number? I think 83 is pretty, but you seem more like a 102.
>>
>>5384507
oh well there are other good names
>>
Yeah, this isn't minor. Despite the fact no one refers to themselves in the third person by name or gendered pronouns, your name will be your armour and it will have to hold or you will just be ungracefully pulling pieces of it out of your flesh and renaming yourself multiple times like an eccentric. You can't have too much invested in it or be too careless. I would definitely avoid Zoey. Zoe, maybe; Hange Zoe being a happy trans-ish-while-not reference, purely subjectively speaking. The name should calm you, but it's integrity against ridicule can't be something your validity hinges on or you will crack visibly, only bringing you back to this place to receive even more abuse.
>>
>>5384524
I want some of what you're smoking
>>
>>5384527
Finally, some validation! Tripfagging was worth it.
>>
>>5384530
you're very brave
>>
Best way to avoid obvious trans names is to just pick one of the most popular female names of your birth year.
>>
File: 1448448803134.jpg (21 KB, 480x367) Image search: [Google]
1448448803134.jpg
21 KB, 480x367
>>5384430
>>5384438

>wildly calling politicians dickheads
>nonbinary
>shitty attitude

You need to leave here, cupcake. Go back to your tumblr safespace where your feelings are never hurt and your specialness is always validated.
>>
>>5384612
i called a single politician a dickhead and i didn't mean to come across as passive-aggressive with my second comment.
I was legit apologising for being nonbinary, pre-emptively.
you've just assumed that i'd be the person to pull the offended card and expect to never be confronted. if i needed a fucking safe space why would i even be here.
>>
>>5384618

Alright you're good. Cut that non-binary shit out though, there isn't enough scientific evidence for it to be anything but a meme gender.
>>
>>5384620
dude i'm fine with admitting that i'm just mentally ill, but who knows, deep down i could be MtF but i suppressed it for so long and have so little confidence in my ability to "pass" without looking hon that i honestly feel an androgynous expression comes more naturally to me and is easier to pull off.
it makes sense to be but it's far too complex to explain over and over again how, but i don't expect people to know off the bat and get me and act like it ain't a thing and just assimilate me into their worldview without batting an eyelid. i know that's not how people work and it's not their fault if i throw them off, i'm not that entitled, and i know there are non-binary people who are and that's why i'm willing to put up with shit like that. i just want to be myself and that feels like the truest expression.
>>
>>5384636

Then God damn it address the core issues here without resorting to a temporary salve on the issue and pretend your happy with the results and you'll come out of it a more confident person, it was never gonna be easy in the first place.
>>
>>5384645
when are you transitioning you fagot
>>
>>5384363
Just google the most popular names from your birth year. It's the best way to avoid picking weird names that don't fit your age.
>>
>>5384524
Despite a bit problematic to read and understand language, this is an interesting thought which I also use\used.

Your name should always be solid. And you have to have total confidence in it. If you're asking or thinking about asking about the validity of your name here it is definitely not solid for you.
>>
>>5384400
>>5384411
To be fair her upper face is really nice. It's her chin and jaw that fuck everything up.
>>
Sorry to hijack, but what does everyone think of the name Emily? I like the name but the more I think about it the more "trans" it sounds, although it was one of the most popular names of my birth year so it's not a special snowflake name.
>>
>>5384773
honestly my first gut reaction was so say that was fine
>>
>>5384446
>The other thing to do is look at popular baby names from the year you were born.
>>5384604
>Best way to avoid obvious trans names is to just pick one of the most popular female names of your birth year.
>>5384670
>Just google the most popular names from your birth year. It's the best way to avoid picking weird names that don't fit your age.

hmm
interesting
http://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/files//statistics/babies-first-names-full-list/1990-1999/babies-first-names-1992.pdf
>>
What does everyone think of the name Amy-Zoe Alice Emily Trannytrantranson?
>>
>>5384795
good to go! perfect
jealous i didn't come up with that
>>
>>5384795
Who made you this way :'(
>>
File: 2 times.jpg (25 KB, 297x267) Image search: [Google]
2 times.jpg
25 KB, 297x267
I'm a MtF and my name is Winter (from birth)

I think it would be a super cute name for a girl and so I kept it, plus it's easier on people who knew me before my transition. Go with something like mine, or just something simple and cute like an actual object or season, or even a past crush nobody would catch on to.
>>
Zoe is super trans. Its like alice
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>>5384400
>>
I know a trans Zoey.
>>
zoey is fine. i think. if it was me id probably choose something that starts with/or is close to my birth name. but my opinion sucks because my name is unisex and i dont really have a problem with it.
>>
>>5385312
my mum talks about how when she was a kid, she knew a cis guy who was so engrained in the hippie movement that he changed his name to Rainbow.
takes all kinds.
>>
>>5384612
projecting
>>
>>5384773
I picked Emily, well Emma actually, and it was my mother who picked it but still
>>
>>5385821
Funny, the first (and only, whoops) person I came out to was a female friend of mine named Emma.
>>
>>5384393
There are definitely common choices.

>>That feel when an acquaintance comes out as trans before you do and steals the name you wanted...
>>
>>5384393
>>5384435
And don't just stick on an -ina/-ella/-issa just because it's "more feminine". Shit like that is infinitely more cringe than something like Alice.
>>
>>5388205
I agree with this.
I can't help it if I really like a name that ends in one of those though
but then I guess my reasoning isn't "just because it sounds more feminine" in that event
>>
>>5384430
Dylan
Dana
Alex
Morgan
Stefonknee (pronounced like stephanie)
Harper
Hunter
Casey
Tatum
Jessie
Rory
Parker
Jordan
Payton
Reagan

There u go, tons of gender neutral names to choose from.
>>
>>5388210
If that's the case then I don't see anything wrong with it. But it's pretty retarded when someone's birth name is, say, Carl and they change it Carlissa or Carlina or some shit.
>>
>>5388273
i used to be jennifer now i'm johnifer
>>
>>5388253
I've never heard of a dude named Dana, nor a chick named Payton or Hunter, and no one named Tatum. Tatum sounds like a fucking body part.

>oh shit
>I fucking ruptured my tatum
>>
>>5388290
I've experienced all of those at least once, but I live in the midwest so maybe it's different.
>>
>>5384524
>Zoe
I like Zoe better, and may have chosen it when young, but I knew a Zoe back then.
>>
>>5384363
So fucking easy to pick a normal fucking name, how many times do i have to tell you people?
>Google the 100 most common names for the year you were born
>Pick maybe 5 you like
>Ask a friend to choose from those 5
As long as your friend isnt as much of a dumb fuck as you, it should be literally impossible to fuck this up.
>>
>>5388290
>Tatum
O'neal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatum_O'Neal
>>
>>5384393

Alice, Amy, Emily.

Any seasonal name.

Shit like Hope, Faith, Crystal (i.e. stripper names).

Don't change your masculine name to its feminine form.

Nothing from a popular video game, or fantasy series. Nothing ostentatious. No weird spellings of otherwise normal names.

In fact, just look up the top baby names for your year and pick one of those, barring the above.
>>
>>5388861
I know that feeling. Yeah, the feeling that other people have better claim on a name is also an easily cued vulnerability to anticipate and dodge, and makes the "find something typical from your birth year strategy" kindof difficult. People can advise you to not care about that and other things, tell you to just be tougher, which is true but it's really important to try to avoid needless vulnerabilities to be tough.

To be trans and progress and like not drive people away from you, you have to try to not always be on the cusp of emotion or outright flipping on people like so many do; so you really have to take the reins and map out in advance where your vulnerabilities lie. Even to keep your outlook and just your general outward affect healthy-seeming is something subtle but affects how potentially friendly people will receive or avoid you. The axis V/GAF score on psych diagnoses is awful and blunt but it is accurate in terms of how you need to be functional first to have others bolstering your confidence and security in who you are.

People treat me a lot better for months after I've done mushrooms and cried out all my garbage into a journal. Something as personal as a name, I personally defer to such processes. I can just access so much of myself and am far less tangled for it long after. Obvi I'm a bit overdue myself, but whatever. If there's anything like this you also do for health, I recommend it. Always remember the importance of the "set and setting" concept. Don't talk to anyone unless you have immense trust in them during, and maybe keep the phone and social media as out of reach as possible.
>>
>>5384363
34yo straight male scum here. Zoey seems more hippie to me than trans. Then again, I can't say my mind even registers the concept of a 'trans name'.
>>
>>5388253
>unironically suggesting Stefonkee
>>
>>5389111
>Any seasonal name.

And months.
>>
>>5384363
>I know most people outside of the trans community won't even notice
Ar you high? Yes we do. Naming yourself Zoe's as good as outing yourself. Nobody's ever named any variation on Zoe.
>>
>>5389635
I knew a cis Zoe in school. She was a total white trash bitch and became a teen mom. No surprises...
>>
>>5388279
Kek
>>
>>5388279
it's a slippery slope
soon you've be coming out as transdendroid and changing your name to conifer
>>
>>5389678
Wait a minute...
Are you saying trans folk pick names the same way as hillbillies?

Oh god, it's true.
>>
File: Zoe-Lund.jpg (28 KB, 619x403) Image search: [Google]
Zoe-Lund.jpg
28 KB, 619x403
>>5389635
(pic) Zoe Lund
>>
File: garbage.png (78 KB, 287x270) Image search: [Google]
garbage.png
78 KB, 287x270
>>5384435
>tfw got my name changed to Alyce ten years ago
>>
>>5384464
This is why a lot of trannies have stepped up their game and began changing names on an almost yearly basis.
>>
>>5384363

>Grungy Canadians tickling cat for 80 mins

I like this picture. I care not for the conversation.
>>
File: 175565a[1].jpg (14 KB, 305x225) Image search: [Google]
175565a[1].jpg
14 KB, 305x225
>>5388290
>I've never heard of a dude named Dana

do you live under a rock

>>5389121
>you have to try to not always be on the cusp of emotion or outright flipping
>have bpd

whoops

>The axis V/GAF score on psych diagnoses is awful and blunt but it is accurate in terms of how you need to be functional first to have others bolstering your confidence and security in who you are.

Whereabouts would you say the cutoff on GAF is to transition successfully?
>>
>>5390828
No I live on The Rock

Aaaayyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>nickname my friends gave me is "too trans"
ill just go die
>>
>>5384363
Zoey, and any variation of, should be great transitional name from person into SJW.

>>5384400
Lol, here they are threatening a man with violence of gender pronouns.

https://youtu.be/Aa2eI8UrjEA
>>
>>5390469
Manface. Non-passing MTF?
>>
>>5392291
Natal female musician, writer, director, actress and model, also known as Zoe Tamerlis Lund. Infamous for her part in Ms. 45. Also notorious for her unabashed heroin use and love of it. Eventually a cocaine overdose got her at 37.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TY9jQFhKtw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2JQXDBRp2s
>>
>>5384363

I let my mom pick my new name and she named me Alison :(
>>
Zoey is a very normal name. It takes a special autism to even think it sounds like a trans name.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.