[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you guys regret coming out? Have your parents and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_1685.jpg (56 KB, 640x392) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1685.jpg
56 KB, 640x392
Do any of you guys regret coming out?
Have your parents and friends reacted negatively?
Have you guys lost any friends because of it?

I live in the most conservative part of Utah.
I regret coming out completely
>>
I got in an argument with my only friend over somthing stupid and he said some really mean things.

And the last thing he texted me was "no one loves you"

And its completely true and he knows that.
>>
Im adopted because my mom was a junkie and didnt want me gave me away.

my foster /adoptive parents that grew up with are super mormon and conservative and I tried to tell them I was gay and they were freaked out and all my mom says was "your not gay" she says that I "I need to pray and get gods help"

they also says as long as Im living with them i need to live up to "there mormon values"
>>
so the last 2 years Ive been gotten worse and worse. Im extremely deppresed, I have no friends. The only time I leave my home is too buy drugs.
Ive been doing lots of heroin and started to shoot it a few months ago.
>>
im not gonna live past 30 and im only 21
>>
I only came out to some of my friends, because i trusted them... Most of them took it the good way and told me that it doesn't change me as a person, but there were a few who think i'm a freak and started hating me and talking shit behind my back... But our country is very conservative about lgbt, we still have some influence from the Soviets, so that's why many people are against the thought of gays
>>
It might seem painful, dude, but all in all it was for the best. You could have kept all your family and old friends close to you, living a fake life that you hated just to impress them. But you'd have ended up dying miserable for the vanity of others.

My advice to you is to move somewhere better and start building up a new social circle that fits you better. I wish you the best of luck OP.
>>
Somewhat.

My mom blames me for her alcohol dependence, I've had to support myself through college on my own for a lot of it, and I think it would have been easier if I hadn't come out.
>>
File: 1446420302296.jpg (81 KB, 526x701) Image search: [Google]
1446420302296.jpg
81 KB, 526x701
>>5379606
yeah mostly I regret it, I know it might sound stupid to everybody, but after telling my friends I become incredibly paranoid and sad. For some reason I just feel inferior to people now...
>>
>Do any of you guys regret coming out?
Kinda.. randomly came out to people freshman year of college, none of which needed to know for any reason.. shit just sorta came up in conversation every once in a while, and now I feel like I got eyes on me all the time.
>Have your parents and friends reacted negatively?
Parents don't know and the two friends and Uncle that do are okay with it.
>Have you guys lost any friends because of it?
Not yet.
>>
File: i feel you.png (46 KB, 142x345) Image search: [Google]
i feel you.png
46 KB, 142x345
>>5381610
I too have this extreme paranoia and inferiority complex related to my sexuality. Only difference is that I'm more angry than sad.
But I totally feel it.
>>
File: plastic_oscar_5.jpg (147 KB, 745x656) Image search: [Google]
plastic_oscar_5.jpg
147 KB, 745x656
>>5379642
Get help now!!!! Get into rehab and kick that heroin habit. It will only get worse. I say this as a former junkie with 35 years clean.
>>
>>5379606
Yeah, I'm from SLC and I feel your pain
>>
Mtf, mom's paying for HRT and friends are all supportive, switched to female pronouns and name as soon as I told them

I guess I'm really lucky though
>>
File: 1384556302625.jpg (47 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1384556302625.jpg
47 KB, 429x410
>>5379606

hi OP!
I've been raised to all kind of catholic schools (ppl here in argentina aren't really that catholic but half of them are kinda conservative/homophobic, mostly adults) so i was in a veeery heteronormative+heterosexual environment. i grew up depressed, self-harming, suicidal until i came out. Coming out felt freeing even if my mother got into denial, kids in school teased me about it, professors heard 'rumors' or stuff and also picked on me a couple of times -nothing taken to the extreme, but it kind of sucked- that's it until some girls kind of came out of the closet to me and i even got with one of them (we're dating now) and THAT wouldn't have happened if i hadn't come out.
in my experience coming out was a weight off my shoulders and it could encourage some people to come out too -plus i got a qt- so, even if the first weeks or months are a pain in the ass to handle, you can inspire other folks in the community to do the same

tldr; lost some friends, gained points in the lgbt community, i feel i can be myself now
>>
>>5382810
That or they were all aware of your faggotry before you were and were waiting giddily for you to realize it.
>>
not really, I only ever told 2 friends and I don't talk to them anymore, but me being gay isn't the reason.
>>
>>5382911
yeah maybe

I started dating one of them after coming out
>>
>>5379606
I lost friends over it and that made me regret it. Plus just parents got horrible for a while.

But it's been almost a decade now and I life is better for it.

I don't know that that whole "it gets better" shit is true. But what is true is nothing stays the same. The people in your life change no matter what, peoples opinions on shit, your location could change, your regrets definitely change.
>>
I regret coming out at all as I've completely gone back on everything and just want to be a perfectly straight male. I lost friends going into it, and going out of it, now I have nothing but insecurity and guilt. My parents were actually beginning to accept it towards the end, go figure.
>>
>>5379606
I didn't really want to come out to my Mum but my sister kept on telling me it would make me feel better, only a month or so after I told my Mum and I don't feel any difference in fact I kinda feel worse because for some reason my Mum seemed to be really looking forward to me ending up with some grill she even blamed herself for me being gay saying shit like "Maybe it was something I did when raising him" or "Are you sure you're not just bi"; I didn't even willingly come out to my Sister, she just stumbled onto my internet history and now they all know, I know this seems petty and all but I don't want my family knowing who I'd rather fuck or anything like that.

tl:dr No real bad reactions, just a weird feeling of regret because of how insecure I am.
>>
>>5379606
>Do any of you guys regret coming out?
I regret how my coming out happened. In some ways, I still don´t feel like I´m out yet. My parents found a love letter my boyfriend gave me (we were being romantic lol). My mother found it and told my father. I told them that I was gay, my father offered me to go to the psychologist so I could "solve that". A week later my grandparent passed away and the subject was never talked again. So I know THEY know, but still there isn´t that "closure".

>Have your parents and friends reacted negatively?
I wouldn´t call how my parents react as positive.

>Have you guys lost any friends because of it?
Not that I know of.
>>
>>5379642
Dude get help.

Your pain stems from lack of acceptance. It's one of the reasons I started pumping my veins full. It may not seem like it now or you may be really good at lying to yourself but everyone's influencing you.

Once you get help, get clean, and start to realize people suck but you don't have to let them determine who you are you will start to feel better.

Plus. Keep shooting dope for to long and life will suck for a long time. Life loses its luster.

I'm rooting for you anon. I know where you at. It can get better.
>>
>>5379606
It´s easier and way less "regretable" if you have people around you that are alright with it, +++Plus points if they are out people.

If you´re out, but still with very conservtive people around you, it will probably stay the same just with more criticism around you.
>>
I don't regret it at all. My parents are divorced, I'm still close with my Mom. My Dad ran off with some girl younger than I am and evaporated from my life.

Mom is solidly my best friend, just wants me to be happy, and the rest of my family can go fuck themselves.

I lost a close friend after coming out, but that just means they weren't really my friend after all. My other friends are cool, my new friends are great.

Coworkers don't give a fuck, just do your job, etc.

Life is fine. And too short to be in a place where you can't be yourself, or tolerate assholes.
>>
>>5379606
i have a friend that came out and got basically disowned by everyone except me. i always knew he was gay and i really don't care at all, it's just now he only has me and it's really overbearing to deal with him every day. people are shit.
>>
i dont plan to come out. my best guy friend and one girl friend know, but i regret telling her even though shes completely fine with it
>>
There is literally no reason to come out unless you're already engaged in a relationship or live entirely on your own
>>
>>5381855
Maybe you realize sexuality identity is entirely a creation of post modern ideology and homosexuality doesn't actually exist. The concept of the gay/straight dichotomy is completely false.
>>
>>5383700
Why do fags always act like it's the whole world and everyone in it that's awful except for them? Maybe it's just you that's awful and your presence in the world makes it worse all around. You people seem to act like any society that isn't entirely tolerant and acceptent of degeneracy and holds people to rules and standards regardless of their feelings is a bad one
>>
File: 0f04d920.jpg (16 KB, 400x305) Image search: [Google]
0f04d920.jpg
16 KB, 400x305
>>5384311
cool doubles but check these
>>
>>5384311
It's not all, but a significant percentage of us have been shit on hard by society.

Read this survey linked here:
http://www.glsen.org/article/2013-national-school-climate-survey
>>
>>5383035

ha
>>
>>5379606
I'm terrified of coming out to my parents because I know they'll react terribly, but surprisingly, coming out to most of my friends including from high school, I've lost absolutely none of them so far even after growing tits and looking like a massive hon. It probably helps that I have so many aspergers that it probably filtered out all but the most tolerant and friendly people hanging out with me from a young age, kek.
>>
>>5384747
that's because gays are mostly wimply lil shits. they're basically women
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.