[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it transphobic to refuse to date a trans person just because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 14
File: hqdefault.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
Is it transphobic to refuse to date a trans person just because they are trans?
>>
>>5363184
what's so wrong about just being honest?
>>
>>5363173
If they are pre-surgery, no.

>>5363184
They wern't asking for dating advice anon.
>>
>>5363225
but if they are post surgery and someone still refuses to date them?
>>
>>5363173
kind of but i dont think anyone would blame you and honestly its not the worst thing you could do. as long as you dont assault them for liking you or whatever
>>
>>5363173
Maybe, but people can refuse someone for pretty much anything. The way I see it is that if someone can't get past the fact that I'm trans, they're simply not my type.
>>
>>5363173
Fuck no. You're not obliged to fuck anyone.
>>
>>5363173
meh. you are free to be attracted to whoever you want to be attracted to.

but i got a question for you op. are you opposed to dating post-op trans people that are good looking?
>>
File: Hon.jpg (161 KB, 500x646) Image search: [Google]
Hon.jpg
161 KB, 500x646
Only if they're hot. Disregard hons.
>>
>>5363173

No, because you can't force your body or your mind to be attracted to something that it isn't.
>>
>>5363262
What exactly is the origin and meaning of the term hons? I get the general idea but what exactly is it>
>>
>>5363257
>but i got a question for you op. are you opposed to dating post-op trans people that are good looking?

Personally for me, I'm totally A-OK with dating post op pretty transgirls.

But I also support cis folks who don't want to date trans people because it's their right to say yes or no with who they want to share intimacy with. So cotton ceiling advocates can go fuck themselves.
>>
No, its not transphobic. It would be transphobic if you insult them or beaten them.
It's just preferences, I'm a mtf and I don't like non-white people. If somebody send me pictures with filters to look white and then I met and realize he/she isn't white I would get really mad.
>>
>>5363173
Sure. It's unlikely to be your only reason, but if it's "just" that they're trans? Yeah. That's a clear example of an irrational aversion to trans persons.

Thankfully, there are countless reasons why you could, and would, refuse even your most ideal match. You're allowed to, too, and you don't even need to GIVE the reasons. It can be as stupid as, "but you went to a different school", and no one would be able to countermand your rejection.

Transphobia isn't exactly rare, and its more benign manifestations don't stop being transphobia just because there are malignant ones.

Seriously, though, don't reject a trans person by saying "you are perfect for me in every way and I love spending time with you, but you're trans and that's icky". Just don't. It will make the rejection experience worse for everyone involved.
>>
File: Hons.jpg (36 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
Hons.jpg
36 KB, 640x432
>>5363278
Older transitioners, think sara's playground tier, used to be really really creepy with how over the top they tried to portray their womanhood. Pantyhose, short ill-fitting skirts, tumblr glasses before tumblr was a thing, touching everyone because they read somewhere that women were more touchy, and "hon". Everyone was "hon" to them. "Oh hon, it'll be alright. One day you might pass as well as me! *manish giggle*"
So eventually the younger crowd came up with the term "hon" for the ones most stereo typically likely to say it.
>>
>>5363173

Nope.
>>
>>5363173
If I'm not sexually attracted to dogs, does that mean I have a phobia of dogs?
>>
>>5363173
No, anyone can refuse to date anyone for any reason and they're all valid.
>>
>>5363173
This is what liberals want:
Guy: Hi, I'm David.
>Girl: Sorry, you're not my type.
Actually I identify as your type, so...
>Oh god I'm so sorry, take me now

But remember, coercing people into sex is also rape and prohibited.

Have fun :^)
>>
>>5363366
oh god
see I have an account on the Playground (from when I was a baby ftm and I needed a cushy place)
and unfortunately this really is not an exaggeration. A lot of the older women act like 5-year-olds at a tea party. It's really, REALLY off-putting.

And the older ladies on Susan's are fucking creepy holy shit.
>>
>>5363616
>like 5-year-olds at a tea party
This is probably the best way I've heard hons described.
Will use this myself.
>>
File: happypizza.jpg (115 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
happypizza.jpg
115 KB, 640x640
>>5363173
>pre-op
no, they'll understand that they don't have what you need.

>post-op(s) for non-reproductive reasons
yes; there's no reason not to besides reproductive concerns and transphobia.
>>
>>5363173
No.

Striaght men do not want to date things have or had a penis.

Also "chaser" means "person willing to fuck you". You have some how demonized the only group willing to give you the D
>>
>>5363744
Addendum: I'm bi and I'd cuddle the fuck out of you, but I do not want to stick my dick in you.
>>
>>5363173
Yes, because being trans means literally nothing on its own about the present. It only tells you about the past.

You can refuse to date them because of their genetalia, their voice, their body, looks, whatever. Any of that superficial shit. But because they're trans? Trans doesn't mean anything. A trans woman could have a vagina or a penis, she could look like a man or she could be indistinguishable from a cis woman. On its own trans means nothing.
>>
>>5363782
>>5363173
Basically, if you dated her and had sex with her no problem before learning she was trans, then suddenly you don't want to date her for the sole reason that she's trans, that's transphobic.
>>
File: is this nigga serious.png (103 KB, 208x214) Image search: [Google]
is this nigga serious.png
103 KB, 208x214
>>5363786

No, that is a 100% justifiable reaction to have when someone you're dating suddenly reveals they concealed something that might have an impact on whether you would consent to engaging in sexual relations with them until AFTER you had already had sex.
>>
>>5363173

Here we go again, how many seconds did you go without having a topic related to you at the top of the page or second? 2... 3 seconds?

Bisexuality is not fucking transphobic.

We should just change the name of this board into /SJW/

And just pin a topic that says what grievances do you have today trannies?
>>
>>5363817
You think OP is trans? That's a good one.
>>
>>5363173
Why would I date a dude? I'm a straight male.
>>
>>5363802
Let me sum up your argument here.

Not wanting to date someone, after you've dated and had sex with them, because you learned that they were trans, is justified because the information that they're trans might have had an impact on whether or not you would consent to having sex with them.

So having an impact on your consent to sex is what makes trans status having an impact on your consent to sex not transphobia.

Do you see how that's a circular argument.
>>
>>5363866

No, it isn't.

It's really quite simple: by not telling me this in advance, they've shown me that they really did not care enough about whether or not I might have had a problem with it. I'm saying this as someone who has absolutely no issues having sex with trans individuals; it's not that they're trans, it's that they didn't give a damn about what my feelings on the matter might be in the slightest. They wanted sex and apparently had no qualms concealing something that might have resulted in me not consenting to sex with them. That right there is a major turn-off and reason enough for me to break off any relationship with them.
>>
>>5363173
If it is an inherent flat ban then yes, I don't pass, and am very unattractive, so I don't consider anyone transphobic for not even considering me.
>>
I just don't get it personally, like I thought gay was guy on guy not girly guy on guy.. if he's into that why not just like chicks?? I dunno maybe I just over think things
>>
>>5363173
Is it sexist that I refuse to date women or sleep with them.. damn, some of you people are just plain nuts.

Stop looking for excuses for why someone won't date you or sleep with you and man or woman the fuck up...

Would you rather have someone date you out of pity, while secretly thinking they are not in any shape or form attracted to you because you have them scared shitless that you're going to scream bigot?

Grow up. And while you're at it, stop littering this board with the same topic over and over again about how bisexuals are meanies for not identifying as pansexuals.

If that's your issue dial back the hormones.
>>
>someone says they'll fuck a tranny
>ewwww chaser fuck off gross

>someone says they won't fuck a tranny
>omg transphobe help patriarchy help
>>
>>5363968
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>5363187
It's best to not point your finger at people's faults. Try to be as least offending as possible.
>>
>>5363173
Nah, obviously don't be a dick about it though.

"I'm not into trans people, sorry" is much better than "EW GET AWAY FROM ME YOU FUCKING TRANNY"
>>
>>5363987
You cant plz everyone, so why not be up front with your beliefs. . That the problem today is too many ppl are can't swallow other opinions.. if he doesn't like trannys SOOOOOOOOOOOO WAT, It's his god given right as long as he isn't intentionally trying to disrespect you why do you care??
>>
>>5363173
seriously?

no

why is this a thread?

get over your insecurities
>>
I don't think it is. Transpeople have baggage associated with them. They're mentally ill but, saying so will send them into a rage. The unreasonable transexuals will be vehement towards anyone who brings up biological stuff. (Like, if you suggest that there isn't any such thing as a "girl brain" and that their feelings most likely come from them not fitting into specified gender roles). I get so tired of stuff like that.
>>
>>5363173
If you like them as a person and they turn you on then why would it matter?
Especially if the thought "I could probably spend a significant portion of my life with this person if things keep going well or whatever" has even remotely crossed your mind?

I'm not going to say yes or no yet, because I don't feel it's appropriate to answer unless I know why it would matter.
Also to get around the "muh sex under false pretenses" thing from people who have probably had sex under false pretenses before (see: yeah sure I'll call you in the morning lol/nah I'm totally not cheating on you/etc.) we're going to say you and said trans person haven't had sex yet.

Maybe you've cuddled/kissed/whatever, but you haven't gone past that yet
>>
>>5363744
Don't want to admit it, but I do find MtF physiology extremely off putting even if I think they look beautiful or if I like their personality.

I'd just say I'm looking for something different and let them interpret it as they wish
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 650x600
>>5363997
>>
>mtf asks me out
>i tell her I'm not interested as I'm gay and she is a woman

am I trans-phobic?
>>
>>5364049
That sounds kinda dangerous if ya as me.. wat if he's a Sick fuck like most ppl on in the world, or 4 Chan xD
>>
No obligation
Technically no one has any obligations to anything other than natural law. but other than that everything is optional. if you want to be a criminal you can with obvious consequences.
Social convention dictates some intesting things about dating, what is and isnt ok coming from who in what settings. but there is a general idea that is frowned apon.

Dont be a Dick

I dont know what is so hard about that for people, just have a little mindfulness about this shit and there is no need to act out.

This goes for both sides and all people. be a little more aware, try to be a better fucking person and look at problems that actually matter.
Dont be a child
Dont be a dick

m00t 2016
>>
>>5364031
>If you like them as a person and they turn you on then why would it matter?
because then you find out it is a tranny. It's like finding out someone is schizophrenic/bipolar/HIV+/300k in debt or something. You quickly become turned off.
>>
>>5364065
Soo true, it's like finding out your gf on Facebook is a catfish lmfao.. I love that show, ppls reaction to ugly is hilarious xD
>>
>>5363173
Is it homophobic for a straight man to refuse to date me just because I'm a man?

:^)
>>
>>5364075
No just makes you a desperate fag for trying to force someone to like you by calling them names :p
>>
>>5364062
Is this some new type of shitposting?
>>
>>5364065
You can't catch being a transfgt
I guess a transfgt might be in some debt, on top of normie debt that everyone builds up
it's not rly comparable to schizophrenia or bipolar

so I guess debt?
or you just can't get past the penis being turned inside out, or I guess if ftm them not being able to make them a decent dick
in which case, ya, I suppose it wouldn't really even be fair to them to pursue them t b h

even tho some of that can probably be chalked up to social conditioning, but asking someone to change that drastically isn't really a realistic request so w/e
>>
>>5364069
honestly, only trannies can prevent this. They need to stop lying to everyone else by pretending to be cis.

Stealth is a terrible idea. Keeping the truth from potential partner is just a disaster waiting to happen. It's impossible to hide it completely. People will start asking questions. e.g. Why don't you have any baby pictures? Why don't you ever talk to your family? Why don't you have a menstrual cycle? Why does your vagina look like an axe wound and keep trying to close itself up? Why don't you have any female hobbies? Why do you dress like a drag queen? Why are you taking female hormones?

People will eventually realize it. Until then, they are wasting everyone's time. It's fucking absurd that they have the nerve to call anyone "transphobic" after being a deceitful piece of shit.
>>
>>5364088
Trannies btfo
>>
>>5364093
>it's not rly comparable to schizophrenia or bipolar
Why not? They are all mental illnesses. I don't want to be with someone who has an incurable illness
>>
No its some type of Fairy Magick that may Hurt your feelings. . BEWARE
>>
>>5364075
>I think you're sexy, and fun, and you totally turn me on.
>I mean, man, your chiseled abs and firm, muscular chest, and that ass... Going to the gym together is basically heaven!
>I just can't stop thinking about your dick, and staring at your package when I think you're not looking.
>But we can't be together, because I'm straight, and you're a man.

Maybe just a little?

Be aware when inventing a comparison: OP explicitly said 'just because they are trans'.

This means that you must control for every other factor to be completely unobjectionable to the rejecting party.

So what do you think? Is your hypothetical crush homophobic?
>>
>>5364106
Dude preach!!! Trannys are immortal, sneaky, an just plain dumb... like seriously a man who's been with real woman all his life would never fall for you bs (unless he's curious ect.) Trannys should be unics an devote themselves to the church an not the gym trying to pick up straight men -_-
>>
>>5364107
I wouldn't even compare bipolar and schizophrenia desu
Outside of being classified as mental illnesses they don't have much in common.
That's really what I'm getting at I guess, is that even if being trans is a "mental illness" it isn't necessarily comparable to the ones you listed.

I mean, if you don't want to be with someone who has physical or mental illnesses that's your choice but I think it's kind of absurd t b h.
Probably missing out on some great people that just happen to have a chemical fuck up in their brain
>>
>>5364119
Immoral not immortal lmfao auto correct you bish xD
>>
>>5364120
>I wouldn't even compare bipolar and schizophrenia desu
Like trannyism, they are both crazy problems for crazy fuckers. I want someone who can at least hold up their half of the stick, or I would just get a dog. Every tranny I know is broke/a washed up has-been /nutcase. It's like dating a single parent, minus the part where the children leave in <18 years.

If you want to do project save-a-tranny, that's on you. Pretty terrible life choice, though. There are plenty of great people who aren't bogged down by serious, life-long baggages.
>>
>>5364131
and I know an ftm who has his shit together far more than most others I know or meet, and I know an mtf like that as well.
As well as people with varying mental illnesses that can definitely "hold up their half of the stick"

I've dated a single parent. It wasn't that bad, honestly.

Anyway, it's still your choice and all. I just think it's absurd and you've bought into the negative stigma surrounding numerous subjects, which is generally not based in reality.
>>
>>5364131
we've probably hit a brick wall here though, but thx for the discussion at least f a m
>>
>>5364146
>It wasn't that bad, honestly
I don't know about you, but I generally strive for relationships that are better than "wasn't that bad, honestly".

> negative stigma surrounding numerous subjects, which is generally not based in reality.
>needing crazy pills lest you go crazy
>needing 10k+ dollars on tranny surgeries/medication/therapy
>implying tranny issues like panic attacks/mental break downs/constant insecurities/PTSD-like symptoms aren't incredibly draining to deal with
>not based in reality
lol okay. Do you also believe in those single mums always going on about how their brat is a "blessing" and totally not a serious financial burden?
>>
>>5363184
how the fuck is it phobic to date someone who's past might disturb onw in a way if they were to learn more about the person and get off put my what genitalia they have?
>>
>>5363173
If genitals are important to you, then it's not transphobia, it's just your own personal sexual preference.

If you /don't/ care about genitals though, then I'd say maybe it's a bit of transphobia influencing your actions.
>>
File: lol.jpg (59 KB, 500x526) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
59 KB, 500x526
>>5363173

Uh, no?

Would you refuse to date someone who thought they were Napoléon Bonaparte?

I know I would.

Literally the same as people who think they are the wrong sex and mutilate their bodies to pretend.
>>
>>5363847
i come here for laughs too, buddy
>>
File: 24c.jpg (93 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
24c.jpg
93 KB, 625x626
>>5364293
>>5364131
>>5364119
>>5364107
>>5364065
>>
File: 1429406880681.png (8 KB, 377x337) Image search: [Google]
1429406880681.png
8 KB, 377x337
>>5363616
i remember spending a lot of nights in that laura's playground chat room

pre-tumblr trannies had it hard
>>
>>5364537
>I don't think it's transphobic to not want to fuck trannies
>BAIT! IT'S ALL BAIT! YOU LOVE ME AND YOU KNOW IT!!
>THERE IS NO CONCEIVABLE WAY SOMEONE WOULD NOT WANT TO DATE TRANNIES BESIDES TRANSPHOBIA!
>>
>>5364646
Heh, I don't even need to post if you know what I'm going to say ;)
>>
>>5364670
keep dreamin hunny
>>
File: horse.jpg (111 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
horse.jpg
111 KB, 408x408
>>5364684
>>
File: 1402363602088.gif (835 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1402363602088.gif
835 KB, 320x240
>>5364695
sounds very manly
>>
>>5364701
I can be whatever you want me to be senpai~
>>
>>5364131
Yes just wait for that perfect girl that you so deserve with your winning personality
>>
>>5364709
can you be a normal man?
>>
>>5364717
>imply I haven't already found one
Tranny pls
>>
>>5363173
It is, but there is nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>5363187
Nothing... it's just that you automatically get labeled as an asshole just because you stated your preferences...
>>
No.

Can we stop having this thread every day now?
>>
>>5363173
>Sorry, I just can't deal with dating a trans person.
Not transphobic at all.

>EWW, STOP TRYING TO TRICK PEOPLE INTO FUCKING YOU, YOU SICK TRANNY FAGGOT!!1!
Yeah, that's kinda transphobic.
>>
>>5368622
what if I said it like this:
>Not interested in trans people

And if a transgirl refused to take no for an answer and called me a transphobe
>no means no, please respect my preferences
>>
>>5364115
>Maybe just a little?

100% False. We are entitled to our choices and if he is inherently heterosexual there is nothing, I mean absolutely NOTHING wrong with him not being attracted to me because I am a man. That is not homophobic, that is his right as a person.

God is it going to be not PC for people to be allowed to be attracted to what they're attracted to soon?

>So what do you think? Is your hypothetical crush homophobic?

Nope, he has the right not to be attracted to me, but he shouldn't have the right to curb stomp me.
>>
>>5363744
>Also "chaser" means "person willing to fuck you". You have some how demonized the only group willing to give you the D
FUCKING THIS!!

>>5363968
>>someone says they'll fuck a tranny
>>ewwww chaser fuck off gross
>>someone says they won't fuck a tranny
>>omg transphobe help patriarchy help
AND THIS!!!
>>
>>5363173
No, it isn't. having preferences ≠ shaming
>>
>>5363173
Everybody has their preferences, if being trans weirds them out that's something they can't really control. Sure it would suck to be rejected because of that but that's just how things work
>>
>>5363366
Please tell me this person isn't a coach for a women's basketball team...
>>
>>5363173
Saying that it's "transphobic" is just a way for trannies to guilt trip people into relationships with them. Very common in situations where ftm people are rejected because they don't have working dicks.

"Transphobia!!!"
>>
>>5363173
Yes.
>>
>>5368627
he'll start crying.
I've tried it before.
>>
>>5369102
>is just a way for trannies to guilt trip people into relationships with them

You really think we want to be with people who we call transphobic?
>>
>>5369201
Well, yes. If not, they wouldn't be constantly trying to attend "transphobic" music festivals or forcing their way into "transphobic" forums. You'd think they would get a hint, but no.
>>
>>5369201
I think you people are prone to sexually aggressive behavior.
>>
>>5369222
It's the male upbringing/conditioning.
>>
>>5369227
So explain to me why ftm trans people are so prone to try and coerce other women into sex?
>>
>>5363366
>tumblr glasses before tumblr was a thing
the fuck are tumblr glasses?
>>
>>5369232
faux male conditioning. Also, testosterone ruins everything it touches. Once you go T, you never come back.
>>
>>5369237
Spotted the angry lesbian feminist.
>>
>>5363173
No. It is, however, your loss.
>>
>>5369217
Well, in my opinion at least it's pretty idiotic to be transphobic or opposed to treating trans people like human beings, maybe even like our desired sex.

>>5369232
[citation needed]

Anyways, while I find it transphobic when people refuse to date someone only on the basis that they are trans, I also think that it's well within their rights to do that. It's just that I think it's pretty idiotic to go from 'Hey baby, wanna fug, you're so hot' to 'Oh, sorry, I'm not attracted to you at all because you're trans'. It just seems so fucking hypocritical and trans/homophobic. I'd never want to be with someone who behaves like that, but it's still upsetting when it happens. I'm not calling anyone transphobic to pressure them into being with me, I'm calling them that to call them out on their bullshit.
>>
>>5369244
>angry
no man, just facts. Why do facts make you angry?

>>5369250
>Well, in my opinion at least it's pretty idiotic to be transphobic or opposed to treating trans people like human beings, maybe even like our desired sex.
Refusing to date you is not "opposed to treating trans people like human beings". There are plenty of human beings I would not date. There are also plenty of human beings not being invited to certain music festivals or discussions. It's just part of being human.

> 'Hey baby, wanna fug, you're so hot' to 'Oh, sorry, I'm not attracted to you at all because you're trans'
Why is it so hard for trannies to understand that being a tranny can be a turn off? It's not bullshit, it's honesty
>>
>>5369261
>Why is it so hard for trannies to understand that being a tranny can be a turn off? It's not bullshit, it's honesty

Idk, sounds pretty hypocritical to me. Now if it was something like 'Hey, listen, I think you're really beautiful, but I'm not comfortable with trans people' that'd be something else, but I never hear that.
>>
>>5368656
Do you believe that being a homophobe prevents a person from being free to choose not to date you? Because it doesn't. Regardless of the internalized homophobia of the hypothetical person in that scenario, you STILL haven't got any right to appeal their rejection.

No doesn't suddenly stop meaning no.

Are you too deep in your ideology to believe a person can be given respect despite their prejudices?
>>
>>5369265

You can't control your dick immediately going flaccid on learning someone you were interested in is trans, anon.
>>
>>5363173
transdicks are the grossest looking things on the planet
>>
>>5363173
Stop posting cringe stuff that would be in a Kat Blaque video.
>>
Was gonna start a thread similar to this one but I figured.. fuck it.

What do you guys think of trans people who refuse to or have a problem with dating other trans people for whatever reason? And, are there any trans people in this thread who feel that way?

Personally (as a trans individual who feels this way), I find it very hypocritical since that type of person is expecting a cis person to be accepting of them as trans but they can't do that for another trans person. `

For me, I don't really find it transphobic (though I see how it could be) I just have a preference towards cis gendered people and I don't really think even two trans people just being friends is a good idea... there tends to be conflict because of this "I'm more trans than you" attitude that almost always comes from one or both of them.
>>
>>5363229
That's like refusing to date a girl cause she told you she's infertile.
>>
>>5364002
you're such a dumb nigger. you missed the point. yes he can have his preferences but TACT has existed since forever. that isn't a thing that started this generation. people are quicker to offend nowadays than ever if anything, considering how people label tact as politically correct, as if diplomacy was invented on the internet. retard.

you can be a complete asshole when you're trying to get your point across, but dont complain when you get labeled as an asshole.
>>
>>5370448
The delusion.
>>
>>5370448

Cut penis; still not a vagina
>>
>>5370448
>That's like refusing to date a girl cause she told you she's infertile.

and that's totally an okay reason to reject someone. Some guys are looking to start a family. Dumping a cis girl for being infertile is reasonable.
>>
Everyone has some strange deal breakers when it comes to dating. Entire sitcoms have been made surrounding the funny things people do while dating. Like some people breakup over just the shape of their hands or feet and stuff.
>>
>>5370448

That is a completely reasonable justification to not date a girl if the guy's intention is to start a family and sire biological children.
>>
>>5370447
I think it's transphobic, and your later clarification on your own position makes me feel more correct in that assessment. The "I'm more trans than you" attitude you describe is very much a consequence of being subjected to, and subscribing to, a system of oppression. Everyone struggling to be "the good one".

One of my best friends is also trans. It's easy to get along since neither of us dismisses or invalidate the other's experiences. Given that, and a fairly good understanding of the *kinds* of experiences we have, it's a very productive relationship. I have a less close friend who has trouble with that, and it does produce tension. With time, experience, and patience, she's getting less acerbic toward trans people who didn't follow her own route.

The legitimizing "rituals" of the psychiatric and medical communities are, from my perspective, responsible for much of the damage. They're better than they've been, and look poised to improve further, but there's a long way to go yet.
>>
File: tumblr_mhsk063Dsa1rhpb3xo1_500.png (38 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhsk063Dsa1rhpb3xo1_500.png
38 KB, 480x320
>>5369235
I'm guessing you are new to this site

its a sub culture of hipster glasses, where they use old style of glasses with some modern touches to express their individuality

typical wearers are tumblrinas, SJW:s and fat fat women
>>
>>5363173
Yes. If they don't pass and you're not attracted to them then that's one thing, but if they pass and you think they're attractive before you find out and that changes your opinion of them, then yes you are transphobic
>>
>>5370555
Actually it's just egotistical. You don't have super genes, we aren't mindless animals, you can experience the same "joy" of parenthood from adopting, or if you really need to feed your own ego that much, using a surrogate. Rejecting an infertile girl just because she can't bare your children is outdated and pathetic
>>
>>5363173
it is

if you refuse someone because they have wrong body type, it isn't
if you refuse someone because they have wrong genitals, it isn't

but if you refuse someone because they used to be other gender, yeah, you're fucking transphobic
>>
>>5371475
>>5371941
this is what transfreaks actually believe
drink bleach
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with "transphobia" if you're not a dick about it. Unless it's being applied to someone who is legitimately verbally or physically hostile to trans people, it's just a meaningless buzzword meant to guilt trip people for not being interested.
>>
>>5371475
Let's look at it this way.

In front of you sits a classic Mustang and a kit car. They are identical in specs, down to the last bolt. Which is more valuable? Is it "wrong" that your kit car sells for less?
>>
>>5371941
Having preferences isn't body shaming, dumbfuck.
>>
What? Of course not, it's just preference.

You're attracted to what you're attracted to, it's not a personal attack on anyone, or some kind of political agenda.

I won't date black people, does that make me racist? No, it just means I'm not attracted to black people.
>>
>>5371941
>but if you refuse someone because they used to be other gender you should take more time out of your life and try to understand why they go through such a personal struggle
>>
>clone trooper helmet in the back

based
>>
>>5376079
>Implying that being "LOL SOOOOOO NURDY xDDDD" isn't anything but disgusting
>>
>>5363173
As a MtF: No. And if I hear cotton ceiling one more fucking time people are going to die.

(Not really, it just pisses me off)
>>
>>5376125
I just like clone trooper helmets
>>
>>5363173

no.
>>
>>5363173
MTF here. Your telling me that You wouldn't understand if someone was hesitant or flatout said no to dating a trans person?

If I went on a date with a guy or girl (I like both btw) and either I told them or a comment was made or whatever leading to finding out they aren't into trans. I would completely understand. It would hurt my feelings sure. but I'm not gonna pressure them into being with me because it may be transphobic. Who cares? It makes somepeople uncomfortable because they dont understand it, Hating them for that is no different than someone hating LGBT people for who they are.

My own mother doesn't understand it, she's said so. shes not transphobic. and she doesnt hate LGBT, she just isnt one of us so she doesn't understand completely.

Sorry i kinda went on a rant there. but it had to be said
>>
>>5363173
Mtf here, no it's not. There's this crazy thing you totally never hear about today called "no means no," sound familiar? If you don't want to be with or do something with someone, you have the right to refuse with no reason whatsoever, it's your body to share, you need no justification whatsoever to refuse to do something you're uncomfortable with with it. The fact that SJWs are willing to stretch this to the bounds of infinity for cisfem sluts when they decide after the fact they regret something but then try to make men feel like shit for not being comfortable having a certain type of sexual relation is absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>5363173
no absolutely not
just because some people dislike abominations made by butchers calling themselves doctors they are not bad people
i mean sure they probably can't do a better job yet but still shit is horrid
>>
I'm definitely in the No crowd, but do you always in general tell people why you aren't attracted to them, especially given the premise in OP where it implies you already know.

It just doesn't really change your sexuality if you are attracted to trans anything. You're still attracted to whatever you're attracted to but primary sex characteristics/genitalia you have a preference for to the point of it being a dealbreaker, like a lot of people. I was surprised to see here earlier men were more turned off by scivag than if I kept my stupid business intact, but if I do get the surgery, I'm just going to have to deal with that.

Sex isn't a right. Neither is company. 70 year old cis women don't start movements about being turned away at the door at nightclubs, as certainly they would be in many incidences. They'd certainly have a right to complain, but oddly I've never heard a peep.
>>
>>5364061
No, just misogynistic
>>
>>5363173
If they're post-op but you want kids someday it's understandable that you'd prefer a partner that give seed or carry a child. If they're pre-op and you're not into whatever genitals they currently have that's understandable too. It's not PC or polite to turn them down for any reason associated with being trans but everyone has the right to refuse to date or have sex with anyone.
>>
>>5370447
it's not hypocrisy at all
>>
>>5363173
As a trans person I say no, I'd be sad but I'm not going to blame someone for not wanting what I have.
>>
>>5363173
no
>>
>>5363173
It's only transphobic if you refuse to suck xer penis afterwards
>>
>>5363173
Considering that there's no such thing as a trans person that is 1:1 with a cis person (trans women don't have wombs, etc.), technically no. I guess if your sole reason is based on the 'idea' that they're trans, then there's some kinda transphobia in your thinking, but it's still 100% your right to say "I'm not dating you".

That said, I'm trans and I'm pretty transphobic myself. I wouldn't date another trans person. :/
>>
>>5363173
Preferences=/= Phobia
>>
>>5376883
come on man don't call people abominations that's kinda rude
>>
>>5363229
Nope. Wouldn't do it. I'm not trasphobic.
>>
>>5363366
Are you sure they weren't just from Baltimore?? That the bmore staple right there "hey hun, Looking like a cutie"
>>
File: 1449538442258.jpg (76 KB, 650x1100) Image search: [Google]
1449538442258.jpg
76 KB, 650x1100
>>5364732
Baaaaaaaahahhahahhahhahha fucking buuuurn
>>
>>5363173
Depends

were you going to date them originally and found out they were trans?

It just depends on the senerio
>>
>>5369237
>testosterone ruins everything it touches
it traumatized me. Thank god it is out of my system.
>>
>>5370447
>What do you guys think of trans people who refuse to or have a problem with dating other trans people for whatever reason?
While I don't personally have any issues with going out with other transgenders, I can understand why some won't. Many of us are walking a fine line psychologically, and anything that reminds us of being a transgender can trigger us bad.
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.