[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would the average transexual find the term "biological male/female"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Would the average transexual find the term "biological male/female" offensive when one is referring to the future (biological) male contraceptive? I'm happy to offend people when I need but couldn't find a good answer to this.

Need an image to post.
>>
They get offended by everything so yeah probably
>>
transsexual not at all. however tumblr trans coddled babies might

The offensiveness comes into play when you suggest the transperson is less of a person or not "normal" as a way to dismiss them.

As a way to define terms you can always try to keep up to date or find other terms but you dont need to go out of your way if the term is acceptable
>>
>>5362795
Many seem to do, but is there any logic behind this one?
>>
The shittier ones get pissed about it.

>>5362802
"Reminding me that I was born male/female makes me feel bad, and therefore you're Hitler for referencing biological sex in any way"
>>
>>5362798
>transexual
Damn, yeah I think I meant transgender

Well I wasn't planning to say anything offensive - just obviously if someone identifies as a female but has male genitalia then the new "male" contraceptives may not just be for "males" - if that makes any sense. This language doesn't appear very good for this. Thanks though.
>>
>>5362779
I'm trying to think of a context in which this product would be construed as offensive, and am coming up blank. It will never be relevant to a FtM transsexual, and will only be relevant to MtF transsexuals during the comparatively short period of early transition where it's a mostly-accurate description.
>>
>>5362846
Well i guess the easiest way around this is to say its a penis contraceptive. it doesnt draw anything away, its more accurate in terms of some forms of social convention and all that.

Personally i think that if someone does get offended its just dumb, context is key and really for the form of advertisement it is a male contreceptive, just as HRT are treatments for bio logical men and women.

The whole thing is just be accurate for what ever the context and need is. advertisement its a male product even if other genders can benefit. if its medical description then Penile contriceptive might be the better way to go
>>
Yes but thats bc the average transsexual is sjw reddittier scum. I would not find it offensive.
>>
>>5362779
>>5362802

Sup. Transsexual here. I don't like the term biological male for a simple reason. I'm not entirely biologically male. Years of HRT have changed that. I've got estrogen in my blood, breasts, a female body aside from my genetalia. Medically I have many of the same concerns that women have (that men DON'T have) - increased risk of breast cancer, for example. I think you'll agree that those things are all biology... and not male biology. Sure, I have some male biology going on, nobody's denying that. I just also have as much or more female biology.

If you're trying to say it's for people with penises, just say that. If you can't say that because it's not PC enough... say male genetalia? Idk. But biological male is inaccurate.
>>
>>5363821
I should mention that I don't find it offensive, just annoying.
>>
>>5363821
men get breast cancer
http://www.medicinenet.com/male_breast_cancer/article.htm
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.