[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans are Mentally Ill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 15
File: hqdefault.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
Transgenders accept a lie. They can't accept that they are gay and are lying to themselves

I'm a liberal gay who has lived under the domination of feminism my whole life. I hate religion and I view the transgendered movement as a religion
>>
But anon, I'm a trans girl who likes girls
>>
wrong you are a effeminate male that likes girls. get out of here cis male you don't belong
>>
>>5346196
>liberal

>opposes bodily autonomy and individualism
. And you've gone so far off the deep, you're indistinguishable from all the radical and fundamentalist groups that have mistreated you.

Also, Jenner is despised here.
>>
or I just think what I think is right and I don't just follow what everyone else does like a sheep
>>
Transgenders believe in a religion dream not scientific reality
>>
>>5346196
Nah, it's you who's practicing religion. Trans is based on evidence and science.
>>
I do oppose carving your body up like a turkey to make yourself happy. That's like saying its healthy to cut yourself
>>
>>5346290
Actually the oldest experts with the longest run of experience claim the exact opposite

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change
>>
Its not scientifically proven at all
>>
>>5346298
>>5346196

Actually he's disgraced and the very study he cites proves him entirely wrong.

His former colleagues in DSM, apa and wpath called him out on it

>McHugh does cite one study from 2011, by Cecilia Dhejne, MD and colleagues at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. However, he misunderstands Dr. Dhejnes work. In the paper, Dr. Dhejne states that the study was not designed to draw conclusions on the efficacy of transgender surgeries, yet McHugh does exactly that. A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejnes work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.
>The American Psychiatric Association and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health no longer view transgender identity as inherently pathological. Dr. McHughs views are stuck in the past.

>Dan Karasic, MD Health Sciences Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, UCSF Member, American Psychiatric Association Workgroup on Gender Dysphoria Member, Board of Directors, World Professional Association for Transgender Health
>>
>>5346303
>Specifically, in a 304 voxel sized cluster affecting the left pre- and postcentral gyri a 32 voxel sized cluster affecting the left posterior cingulate, calcarine gyrus, and the precuneus, showed lower GM volume in MTF transgender patients and female controls compared to FTM transgender patients and male controls. The opposite direction of differences could be observed in a 123 voxel sized cluster in the right occipital lobe involving the middle and inferior occipital, the fusiform, and the lingual gyri, in a 42 voxel sized cluster affecting the right inferior temporal gyrus, where regional GM volume proved to be higher in MTF transgender patients and female controls compared with FTM transgender patients and male controls /PMC3877116/

>Compared to men and women, MtFs showed differences in a neural network including the medial prefrontal gyrus, the insula, and the precuneus when responding to male vs. female voices. With increased voice morphing men recruited more prefrontal areas compared to women and MtFs, while MtFs revealed a pattern more similar to women. On a behavioral and neuronal level, our results support the feeling of MtFs reporting they cannot identify with their assigned sex. /PMC4222943./

>We explored the specific hypothesis that male-to-female transsexualism is associated with gene variants responsible for undermasculinization and/or feminization...To date, this is the largest genetic study of transsexualism conducted. We observed a significant association between longer AR gene polymorphisms and male-to-female transsexualism. Longer CAG repeats in the AR gene lead to reduced binding of the AR protein to co-activator, due to its inhibitory interaction with the receptor, resulting in less effective testosterone signalling, a mechanism typically involved in masculinization of the brain during early development /PMC3402034/
>>
File: Obvious_tranny.jpg (44 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Obvious_tranny.jpg
44 KB, 640x427
Tell that to this 'woman'
>>
>>5346327
>yfw only contra to the doctors you can use are sixty year old men

See, aren't you happy people are doing it in their youth now?
>>
when you get cancer from the hormones I'm sure your idea of the transition being safe will change
>>
No I think its mentally ill people aka u, indoctrinating other mentally ill people. You know like religion, Hitler, Obama, Jesus, etc

Was there really anything wrong with your body or just how you feel perceived? Doing this to people that are less than 10 is pretty messed up
>>
>>5346337
Don't you know? The horrible trannies are forcing toddlers to get SRS.
>>
>>5346353
Its a lot like NAMBLA. They want the young people
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 600x429
>>5346349
>>5346353
You've tinfoiled so hard you've turned into this funny guy.

The medical community does nothing to children. They do give adolescents a protein that acts on the bodies natural receptors and delays puberty by a year or two. Perfectly reversible and if you look at euro countries where low fat diets mean later on puberty, they actually grow taller and healthier than stateside.

Of course don't let facts get in the way of your Allahu akbaring clinics.
>>
>>5346317
What's the difference between this and a effeminant gay male/masculine gay female brain?

If there is no difference between a effeminate gay man and a transexual MtF than that disproves the transgender agenda entirely
>>
>>5346359
Robert Dear please.
>>
>>5346359
It's much better for them to go through puberty and become hons or dykey manlets. And definitely can't let them grow up socialized as their identified gender, that'll only make them tricksy as a Jew.
>>
>>5346368
or it could be the complete opposite where trannies have basically bought into their own dogma. The more I listen the more it looks exactly like dogma

I swear if evidence comes out that there isn't a difference between effeminate males and MtF Transgenders all transgender will proclaim that all effeminate males are women
>>
>>5346370
>same thing
Effeminate gay guys here are all taking female hormones though. Just check femgen.

No difference, both take stuff cause they want to control their bodies. One of them just happens to like boy mode better.
>>
File: gfgfdg.jpg (59 KB, 530x330) Image search: [Google]
gfgfdg.jpg
59 KB, 530x330
>>
File: 1449053790463.png (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449053790463.png
23 KB, 500x500
But anon, I'm into women
Also, if you view it as a religion you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>5346382
We've got empirical data and medicine. You insist the science lies because it contradicts your fundamentalism.

And given how the fem guys here have bought into the body customization idea, they probably are alike, just not the way you'd want.
>>
>>5346381
maybe there is nothing wrong with dikey manlets as they are natural. Telling those people that there is something wrong with them and that they need to chop up and chemically castrate their bodies maybe be the insane side of the argument. A side transgenders could never support because it means they are the psychos that everyone including the gay community have said they are forever
>>
>>5346394
>demanding the state ban medicine
>demanding the state ban bodily autonomy
>Jew doctors sent to reducation cause muh offended feels
North Korea/10
>>
>>5346391
What data means is all based on interpretation. That's where transgender dogma comes into play

You are just mad because my bigotry has logic
>>
>>5346385
They should just eat soy and drink booze
>>
>>5346401
Lol quite the opposite. I demand truth. If transgenders indeed are just mentally ill gays (well more mentally ill gays already have higher levels of depression and higher rates of drug abuse than the general population) then it would make sense for parents to change their beliefs to accept homosexuality and stay away from body modification
>>
>>5346415
Nah, you're as confused as ever.

I agree , the lines are blurred and regardless of whatever label you use, you might want control of your body.

That's why the state shouldn't be meddling in what people do. Shouldn't force everyone to act like some caricature. Live your life, stop lashing out at your boogie men.
>>
>>5346419
Weak shit. Booze is bad for blood vessels too. Pills are so much easier.

Unwanted sis effects can just be controlled by staying skinny and exercise.
>>
File: 1446941721613.jpg (271 KB, 1000x855) Image search: [Google]
1446941721613.jpg
271 KB, 1000x855
>>5346437
>If transgenders indeed are just mentally ill gays
Well they aren't, so your argument is already invalid by this point in your post
> higher levels of depression and higher rates of drug abuse than the general population
Irrelevant, and those things are higher because they are a symptom of the problem
>then it would make sense for parents to change their beliefs to accept homosexuality and stay away from body modification
Again irrelevant
Being trans has NOTHING to do with homosexuality.
My parents have been very open-minded my entire life. They never pushed me one way or another, but being gay certainly wasn't seen as a bad thing in my household so I would never have a reason to suppress it. Me being trans comes from the fact that my body seems deeply, fundamentally, wrong to me every day.
>>
>>5346455
And that's where I think transgenders are lying. They are gay (unless you are like that cis male that wants to scissor and get boobs) and that's where I think self acceptance is a problem to transgenders. A person with an actual physical disorder shouldn't be discriminated against but to a transgender its a physical disorder that doesn't exist beyond their own perception. Its all in their head.

This is exactly why trans find it so offensive to be told that they are full of shit
>>
>>5346477
Transgenders discriminate themselves which matches up with self hatred that extremely common in gays (a feeling I'm very familiar with)
>>
>>5346455
I know exactly how you feel.
I'm transkinny. I've always been unhappy with how my body is.
>>
OP here it could even be argued that I'm probably transgender. I've self discriminated against myself most of my life and had lots of problems with self acceptance. The difference between me and a transexual is that I reject the dogma presented through transexual literature
>>
once again, please just drop us. drop the t. off a building. isis style. get it over with. fuck. how many of these threads do we need?

i'm going to misquote gg/anti-gg shit. [LGBT is] over. okay, that wasn't very elaborate, but it is. help us get out of here into our own space, we already have acronyms for our threads ffs, and we won't bother you by polluting the potential gay paradise you assuredly have here.
>>
>>5346491
I feels you ma brudda. I be transnigger, I iz a homie in a cracka body yo.
Nobody want be like know how it feel bein disrepected by yo bros dog. We blud nigga.
>>
>>5346499
lol I'm a transwatermelon. I always felt that I was a watermelon trapped in a fat cave dwellers body
>>
File: pqui56uz37k0_2.png (7 KB, 762x762) Image search: [Google]
pqui56uz37k0_2.png
7 KB, 762x762
>>5346491
That's called body dysmorphia and it's a very real psychological condition

>>5346477
But I'm /not/ lying. What would I Have to gain from lying?
I fucking WISH I was gay instead of being trans. My life would be so much easier. I wouldn't have to deal with all this shit, all the expenses, all the incredible, deep-seated, self-body loathing. I wouldn't have to deal with the very real possibility of losing many/all of my friends, or the health complications, or the far, far reduced dating pool.

When you say "it's just in your head", you're far oversimplifying the issue. Yes, the issue is a neurological disorder, but the ONLY effective treatment for it is transitioning.

Trust me. My family and friends are incredibly accepting of gay people. I have literally nothing against homosexuality at all, and I wish I was just gay. But that's not the case. I (mostly) am into girls, but I also feel like I was born into the wrong body, and like every male feature I have is something that's fundamentally wrong with me. I get that you /believe/ that, but you have no basis for believing it.
>>
>>5346512
body dysmorphia is psychological but gender dysmorphia is physical?

you're losing me here.
>>
>>5346514
It means
>I want the benefits of being ill without the label
>>
>>5346514
First off, it's not gender dysmorphia, it's gender dysphoria. They're different things.
And if you read my post
>Yes, the issue is a neurological disorder, but the ONLY effective treatment for it is transitioning.
But you apparently didn't read my post so why are you replying to it
>>
>>5346196
>5346196
seriously anon. why the fuck do you care?does it cheapen your gay struggle. give me a fucking break and squirt some tears. live and let live.
>>
>>5346517
you define mental gymnastics
>>
>>5346196
What if they're trans but gay so a girl wants to be a guy but likes guys?
>>
>>5346521
No, I don't.
They are both a mental disorder. But the thing is, there is only one treatment for gender dysphoria.
There are literally no mental gymnastics going on here. Read my post.
>>
File: courageous courage.png (1 MB, 1152x911) Image search: [Google]
courageous courage.png
1 MB, 1152x911
>>5346510
related
>>
>>5346518
When it directly affects the decision making of gays it does matter
>>
>>5346523
It only further proves that they have a serious problem with self acceptance. Why the fuck would you want to be a gay guy? Your doctor created dick is going to be a disappointing as a guys

What's wrong with a strap on?
>>
>>5346529
But it doesn't, this is an issue that you invented in your head. The existence (and commonality) of transbians proves how invalid this argument is.
>>
>>5346540
>commonality of transbians

how many of them are hons by the way? is Jenner the voice of transbians?
>>
>>5346543
I dunno, but that's kind of an impossible statistic to track.
Plus, not really relevant. Hons are disgusting but they're still trans.
>>
>>5346540
wrong the trans invented it in their heads.

I'm only seeing reality. The reality is the difference between a effeminate male and a trans MtF is the refusal to accept the reality that they are a male. They believe they are a girl trapped in their body. The connections between your brain and body say otherwise
>>
>>5346549
No, but the trans did NOT invent it in their heads. There is lots and lots of research into this, and you're making an off-the-cuff claim with no backing behind it.

Read

>>5346512
because it's still clear that you haven't.
If I could just be gay and have that be that, I'd be VERY happy.
>>
>>5346553
There was a lot of research put into mermaids. Doesn't make them real despite what a lot of stupid people say
>>
>>5346553
All the research ever does is help validate sexual perversions so people can sleep better at night and not feel bad for being viewed down upon the way they live.
>>
>>5346553
but you couldn't have it as that you had to go further. Sounds like a lack of self acceptance to be honest
>>
>>5346559
Yeah and literally none of that research was actually scientifically supported.

>>5346561
Science is science, even if it makes you uncomfortable.

>>5346563
>but you couldn't have it as that you had to go further.
But that's not it, anon.
It's not about going further. Being gay instead of being trans would be one of the best things that could happen to me. I'd love for it to happen. But that's just not the case. I'm bisexual, but only a *tiny* bit into dudes. I was never taught that homosexuality was a bad thing, ever. if I was gay, I'd have literally no trouble accepting it, at all.
Your claim is baseless and inaccurate.
>>
>>5346569
If science helps you understand why you're mentally ill and hormonally defficient from the womb, good for you.
>>
I think a lot of trans romanticize about the idea of being a beautiful woman with lushes tits. Reality says no but you decided to say fuck that I want to be what I want to be. Fuck you reality
>>
Then there's the whole topic of trans wanting the government to pay for their hormones and 50 grand worth of surgeries
>>
>>5346599
Thanks obamacare you know how to spend our money
>>
>>5346571
>mentally ill
Disorders are different from mental illness. It simply means a deviation from neurotypicality that negatively effects the sufferer, like ADD or ADHD or depression or any other disorder.
>>
>>5346599
But it's not an illness.
>>
>>5346611
it is then it isn't

No wonder trans are so confused
>>
What's wrong with a tranny living life as the sex they were born as?

They'll be unhappy, but everyone is unhappy.
>>
>>5346616
It's almost like some people are misinformed, even if they suffer from the same thing as someone else
who'dathunkit

>>5346611
No, it's a disorder.

>>5346617
Because body dysphoria leads to ridiculiously high suicide rates? Why not transition instead and be less unhappy?
>>
>>5346617
I'm unhappy with my body but I accept that it is what it is. I doubt becoming a awkward looking manlady will change that
>>
>>5346621
The problem is transitioning often doesn't solve self dissatisfaction .There are plenty of cases where people that transition say it didn't change who they are and re-transition back
>>
>>5346628
There are "plenty" that do but most don't. Those that do, usually didn't get proper therapy.
Yes, there are a lot of people that think they're trans that actually aren't. This is obvious if you go to tumblr.
But there are still legitimately trans people, like myself, that go through the proper channels, get diagnosed by a therapist, and who it's the best option for.
>>
>>5346628
Usually the high of a new lease of life gives them some pep for as long as they are taking hormones, buying dresses and all that girly shit they couldn't do before.

After they realise that it hasn't solved all of their problems like they were led to believe it would, they slump back into depression. Or as >>5346621 says, they kill themselves.

40% fail rate is the best it can do. So nobody should get their hopes up too high, but they want to believe all their woes will go away so badly. They're only human after all.
This is why the lgbt is doing a lot of harm when they think they're doing good.
>>
>>5346635
Best post in thread
>>
>>5346635
40% failure rate is pretty high. Does it really surprise people that if they were unhappy with themselves before transitioning that they would still be unhappy after
>>
>>5346667
40% is better than 100% of them living an awful self-loathing existence that typically ends in suicide or an early death due to drug abuse.
>>
>>5346670
That's pretty harsh man. Would you give heroin to a junkie because 'hes gonna die anyway'?
>>
>>5346314
Well no shit people disagree with him. He basically said the whole ideology is a sham. A lot of people don't want to hear that
>>
>>5346670
The real failure is that those people who transitioned wanted to rid themselves of self loathing. Turns out it was a different problem
>>
>>5346680
No, because medical science has proven that heroin junkies live much better lives once they're off heroin.
Medical science has shown NO other treatment for trans individuals other than transitioning. For a while there was some hope that giving them testosterone would cure it, but that led to a SIGNIFICANTLY higher suicide rate down the road.

Trust me. If there was a "cure", I'd be more than happy to take it. Unfortunately, there isn't, so I'm going to transition to the best of my ability because my options are either transition or kill myself at age 30 realistically.
>>
>>5346219
This fucking image is so horribly false.
>>
>>5346717
killing yourself is a choice, and as far as reasons go "I don't have a vagina" is a pretty poor one.

I hate to use an old cliché but man up. Don't become another statistic.
>>
>>5346745
It's not about the vagina, it's about my body itself. My shoulders, my hips. My voice. My face. The testosterone flowing through my bloodstream itself had a negative psychological effect on me. I feel like I'm literally in somebody else's body every day; or rather, I did before I started transitioning. Every week I feel better, as my body becomes less masculine.

I couldn't survive second puberty. Being a "boy" was awful but manageable but being a full-blown man would easily cause me to kill myself
>>
File: threaderrday.jpg (9 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
threaderrday.jpg
9 KB, 229x220
I'm starting to realize how retarded /lgbt/ is.
>>
>>5346758
just out of curiosity, how far into transition are you?
>>
>>5346786
To be honest, only a few months (about 5-ish) but I was on a low dose of estrogen for a while before that while I was deciding if it was the best thing for me
but I was blessed with good genes
>>
>>5346793
I figured as much.

I wish there was some magic pill that would give me a reason to carry on.
It used to be xanax, but that never ends well.
>>
>>5346808
Figured as much with what, the early transition, the lucky genes, or how I haven't been transitioning for very long yet?

How bad do you have it, anon?
>>
>>5346814
less than 12 months of transition
I guess most people on here are, looking for reaffirmation

Whatever my problems are, I know others have it worse.
>>
>>5346833
Ah
well yeah, past the 12 months mark people usually either disappear and go stealth and move on with their lives, or they kill themselves
There are a lot of people past 12mos in MTFG though
>>
>>5346833
nah i'm almost 4 years in. /lgbt/ is where I talk about trans stuff because not having a release to talk about transsexual issues irl due to being stealth is the only reason I'm on here. Except like I said above people on here are pretty retarded. Theres just no place to talk about these things with decent people it seems.
>>
>>5346512
There is no point even arguing on these threads.So many are just an excuse for non-trans anons to be total transphobic arseholes.
>>
>>5346317

The problem is brain plasticity. MTF might have observable brain differences between non-MTF, but so would cab drivers from non-cab drivers, and pro footballers from non-pro footballers, and schizophrenics from non-schizophrenics. The studies you quote do not definitely prove that trans are born trans and destined to show symptoms - it just suggests that people who eventually identify as trans may have some commonalities, and possibly even as a *result* of identifying as trans, of training oneself to be the other gender. These types of changes are observable when someone trains in a specific career, so it's totally plausible for this to apply to trans.

There is no strong scientific evidence to show that being transgender is pre-determined by brain structure or natural from birth. That doesn't mean that it is not a legitimate pursuit though
>>
>>5347249
The BNST isn't plastic.
>>
>>5346635
>McHugh does cite one study from 2011, by Cecilia Dhejne, MD and colleagues at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. However, he misunderstands Dr. Dhejnes work. In the paper, Dr. Dhejne states that the study was not designed to draw conclusions on the efficacy of transgender surgeries, yet McHugh does exactly that. A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejnes work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.
>The American Psychiatric Association and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health no longer view transgender identity as inherently pathological. Dr. McHughs views are stuck in the past.

>Dan Karasic, MD Health Sciences Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, UCSF Member, American Psychiatric Association Workgroup on Gender Dysphoria Member, Board of Directors, World Professional Association for Transgender Health

Reality says otherwise, but you went all tinfoil.
>>
>>5346686
He committed academic fraud.

The study explicitly contradicted him and proved that people who transitioned after 1989 did so well they were statistically indistinguishable from the general population.

So instead he tried cheating the data by talking about the distant past as if it were present.

Naturally he got called out for the fraud.
>>
>>5346733
Fundamentalism and extremism of all kinds being alike proves its true.

You can't handle negative rights and individualism so you replace it with your manifesto.
>>
>>5347372
prove me wrong then

I hope you live to 80 with plenty of (adopted) children
>>
>>5347401
Paul was areas proved wrong by the very study he tried committing fraud with.

No more needs to be said.
>>
>>5347409
>Areas
Already
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 251x251
>>5346196
This is poetry
>>
>>5346340
Hrt actually brings the risks for most health issues in-line with the sex they're transitioning too.
Sorry if the facts upset you but you're free to delude yourself that your upset feels will make everyone you don't like get cancer, just don't expect results.
>>
>>5346370
Gays and lesbians have much less extensive neurological differences, just in one area that one would assume has something to do with orientation though the research hasn't gotten that far yet.

>If there is no difference between a effeminate gay man and a transexual MtF
Wellll there is a difference, sorry if you got your hopes up that you'd found the smoking gun to finally disprove the tranny menace.
>>
>>5347467
Femgen takes hormones though assides from the Iding as male part, they aren't all that dif.
>>
>>5346415
>who can say what the data says? I'll tell you who me and no one else and fuck all these doctors and experts, they're just part of THE CONSPIRACY!!!1!!!11!!
>>
>>5346477
>And that's where I think transgenders are lying. They are gay
Trans people can be any orientation, the majority are bi.
Seriously, what other than you upset feels leads you to believe that there's a massive conspiracy of people lying about their orientation and transitioning to not be gay(where do the other orientations fit in?) and doctors that are somehow all working together to falsify statistics and brains scans and dissections that support a biological basis for dysphoria and transition as the best available treatment?
>>
>>5346543
>is Jenner the voice of transbians?
>identifies as straight and is against gay marriage
Are you retarded?
>>
>>5346610
/pol/tards just use "mentally ill" as a buzzword for "bad thing I don't like and therefore is illegitimate" like "degeneracy".
They're not actually referring to any clinical medical conditions with specific causes, symptoms and treatments and in fact most of them deny all science and medicine regarding psychology and psychiatry and neurology that doesn't agree with them and call it all pseudo science that's just made-up sjw/feminist/jew propaganda to serve the conspiracy against western values.
>>
>>5346394
>chemically castrate their bodies
are you saying you'd like them to be able to reproduce?
>including the gay community
but friend, they're just a bunch of faggots as well, so why should their opinion matter?

step up your hate game, or get out.
>>
>>5346599
There are so few trans people and most of their medications are so cheap and already in use by cis men and women that the cost of their transition barely registers in the big picture of healthcare costs.
Additionally trans people who do not receive treatment tend to have many issues and end up on welfare programs and costing tax money until they mostly kill themselves while transition is an extremely effective treatment, more so than many other treatments that cost tax money like for the obese or smokers, and generally turns trans people into productive members of society with risk rates in-line with general population and who more than pay back the cost of their treatment in taxes.

So really you want to pay more taxes just to deny trannies the recommended effective medical treatment.
>>
>>5346617
They kill themselves and don't respond to therapy or other medications and tend to wind up on welfare programs and cost tax money.
>>
>>5346635
>40% fail rate
According to whom, and according to what criteria? This number seems to have come out of nowhere.
>>
>>5346628
The actual statistics disagree with you and the "plenty of cases" are an extremely small minority, less than the regret numbers for most major surgeries, and usually are something like "my family/church/partner didn't accept me" or " I couldn't pass and everyone treated me like shit" or they rush into things and jump straight to some cheap less-regulated surgery instead of spending years transitioning on hrt like most or they had co-morbid mental disorders that weren't properly accounted for.
>>
>>5347642
See >>5347372
It comes from deliberately ignoring the age demographics within a study and even the author of the study said it was a misinterpretation.

The tl;dr is that the suicide rate reduces after 1989 and modern trannies that are able to transition have suicide rates in-line with the general population.

>>5346643
Maybe if you're not smart enough to fact-check.
>>
>>5346680
Does giving a junkie heroin reduce their statistical suicide rate?
I'm not sure you quite understand how to make an equivalent comparison.
>>
>>5347473
Femgen can hardly be extrapolated to the general population of feminine gay men.
Trannies in-denial or early in transition just hang out there and often eventually move-up to mtfg to the point that it's a meme but its not the whole thread. This whole board is filled with trannies.
>>
>>5346196
Not all trans people are attracted to their assigned sex. And gender is a completely different thing from sexuality.

>>5346253
Scientific reality is that it's possible to make one's body much more like that of the opposite sex, and that this often improves their quality of life. It's a "religion dream" to argue that people should not be allowed to do things to improve their quality of life just because you consider it icky.

>>5346298
He's pretty much literally the only doctor who says that, based his conclusions on (likely intentionally) misinterpreted studies, and has not provided any evidence that there exists a more effective alternative to gender transition.

>>5346349
>>5346353
SRS for minors, never mind actual children, is virtually unheard of. They don't even usually get real HRT until high school age.

>>5346599
Because that's how civilized countries handle medical treatments. And although transition is expensive on an individual level, the number of people who actually get it is small enough that it won't make a meaningful difference to the taxpayer.

>>5346745
Killing yourself is a choice, but being so miserable and dysfunctional that you'd rather be dead isn't. What's the point of continuing to live if the only thing that brings you the slightest amount of joy is imagining yourself being dead?

>>5347473
They're not your typical effemininate gays. They're basically non-binary trans people.
>>
>>5347717
Really cause https://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/5192304/#5192304 and the previous femgen threads made it seem like people seriously thought it through. It's possible take meds and stuff to stay feminine and use cosmetic procedures without actually wanting to go mtf. I think as regulations become more lax and the stigma lessens, you might see more girly gay guys pull this kind of stuff, not like it hasn't come up in other sites.

Looking feminine and doing stuff to maintain your body doesn't automatically equate to transsexuality or wanting to be a woman.
>>
>>5347717
Femgen isn't all effeminate men no, but theres definitely a lot of similarities between the ones taking hormones and the trannies on this board. A lot of them have a kind of gender dysphoria, but still see themselves as guys. They have similar causes but manifest in different ways. The trannies just interpret it as meaning they should be women.
>>
>>5348302
>Not all trans people are attracted to their assigned sex.
The rest of "trans" people are AGPs.
>>
>>5346196
I love talking with trannys some times you can push them and get the male ego to leap out.And when this happens shit gets even more crazy most of them are delusional self centered and vain in nature.
>>
>>5348458
>Dysphoria
Then why diet and exercise as so to avoid any notable boobs?
>>
File: lefsetz30n-2-web.jpg (39 KB, 635x467) Image search: [Google]
lefsetz30n-2-web.jpg
39 KB, 635x467
>>5348482
>this obsessed over jew medicine
Shouldn't you be getting high an stuff your trailer m8?
>>
>>5348474
AGP is utter nonsense. The only way to avoid being AGP is to be a hypersexual gay man who wants to fuck straight men. That's literally what Blanchard's explanation of mtfs was. Even completely asexual trans women who had never been aroused by anything would be classified as AGP since they're not driven by a desire to fuck straight men. The whole theory is utter nonsense and assumes gender identity is driven wholly by sexual desire and not a distinct concept.
>>
>>5348485
I don't think you understand what dysphoria is. The DSMV doesn't say you _have_ to identify as a gender other than the one you were assigned; thats just a natural consequence for many people with dysphoria.

The dysphoria itself is just a persistent and strong desire to get rid of your sex characteristics. It doesn't state what or how many. A man who doesn't want to look like a man and takes steps to eliminate them through hormones and hair removal has a type of gender dysphoria. But it doesn't say he has to want boobs or believe that he's a woman.
>>
>>5348531
But Blanchard says...
>>
>>5348540
The same guy who thinks literally all forms of transgenderism are a sexual fetish?
>>
>>5348546
Can you imagine what he'd say if he knew what the guys in femgen are doing and stuff. Pill use in fem guys isn't just confined to 4ch either.
>>
>>5348540
Almost nobody who works with gender dysphoric patients cares apart from a few CAMH groupies and Blanchard himself.

The only reason this board is so obsessed with him is because we're a bunch of neurotic mentally ill faggots who need something to make us feel better than the rest of the pathetic assholes here.
>>
>>5348554
He'd probably think that they're doing it to make themselves attractive to straight men and trick them into having sex with them.
>>
File: 1261091022201.jpg (129 KB, 500x468) Image search: [Google]
1261091022201.jpg
129 KB, 500x468
I think MtF trans people are just effeminate men who are corrupted by a society's idea on sex which influences them into thinking they are the "wrong" sex.

I can only imagine how hard it must be to accept this after living a life thinking you were the "wrong" sex. Please don't mutilate yourself into fitting what society deems is acceptable. You don't need their approval.
>>
>>5348643
What if they actually do legitimately want feminine bodies though?
>>
>>5348643
Outside of the trans community, society isn't really accepting of being trans at all.
>>
>>5348643
Question. Say there were twins and these twins lived in a different country every year until the end of high school. Twin 1 turned out fine, has a loving wife and a stable job but Twin 2 became an unstable mess and becomes trans after high school has ended. What does this really say about society?
>>
File: 1437110427545.jpg (418 KB, 1955x2048) Image search: [Google]
1437110427545.jpg
418 KB, 1955x2048
>>5348643
>>5348648
This, it isn't always black and white. I want to transition because I want to have a feminine body, I couldn't care less what people think.
>>
>>5348648

Caused by corruption from a society's idea of beauty.

It's no different than people who were born female who learn to feel inadequate with their natural bodies.
>>
>>5348780
Why is it wrong to have control of your body and embrace individualism?
>>
>>5348780
So you'd be perfectly ok if you had the body of the opposite sex and society didn't shame you for it?
>>
>>5348780
I could maybe understand in the case of ftms. Society preaches the virtues of being masculine and so many traditionally male pastimes and professions have been invaded by women that its just accepted as a fact of life that indulging in masculine things is better.

But there's literally no incentive to be a feminine guy unless you consider being a fetish object for twink and tranny chasers a positive thing. Most men will want nothing to do with you because they have to maintain the appearance of nohomo at all times. Even feminists won't like you and will attribute your existence to being a patriarchy approved stand-in for real women. There's no free will or desire on the part of the individual. You're a problem for literally existing.
>>
>>5346514
>body dysmorphia is psychologica
Is when you look good, but you think you are ugly. That is all psychological.
>gender dysmorphia is physical?
Actually "gender dysphoria"
It is a physical mismatch between the hardwiring of the brain and the physical sexual attributes of the body that causes the person distress. Both the body and brain are proper functioning, but they are just not matched for gender and sex.
>>
>>5346512
>>5346524
>>5346610
>>5346621
>disorder
Actually they just call it a "condition of development" now. Same as gay, lesbian, and bisexual. Disorder implies something isn't working. Both the brain and body of a transsexual are fine, they are just mismatched sex wise for each other.
>>
>>5346206
>But anon, I'm a special snowflake
FTFY
>>
The reason topics like this are controversial is because it directly and accurately attacks the trans-gendered thinking process. The only difference between an effeminate male and a trans M2F is that the effeminate male accepts and embraces himself where the transgender can't and puts themselves through an extreme series of mental gymnastic that reject reality
>>
>>5352111
>being a transgender lesbian makes you a special snowflake

>>5352451
It's more a matter of degree. Trans people have severe body dysphoria which is only really solved with medical transition, while effeminate males have dysphoria mainly centered on gender expression and are able to deal with it just by acting feminine. And there are gray areas like femgen, many of whom go on HRT and effectively transition, but still live as males.
>>
>>5352451
>accepts and embraces himself
All the girly gay guys here messing with hormones and worrying about twink death says otherwise.

Dun think they'd be happy with their bodies getting manly.
>>
>>5353135
femgen here. I was diagnosed with gender dysphoria but see myself as predominantly male. I agree that for a lot of guys its about the social dysphoria and for most dressing a certain way is good enough. I also think that there's a misconception that gender dysphoria means "wants to be the opposite sex". The definition in the DSM is more ambiguous purposely to accommodate cases where that isn't true. http://www.dsm5.org/documents/gender%20dysphoria%20fact%20sheet.pdf

The relevant parts for me are the ones about expressed gender and getting rid of one's sex characteristics. I do think that the difference is a matter of degree rather than some fundamentally separate concept. A lot of what I hear from MtF rings true with me, but I also recognize that I'm fundamentally male and want to be recognized as such, even though the dysphoria causes a strong hatred for my male traits. From the perspective of others I basically I want to be a girl with a dick, minus boobs, who is treated by others as a man.

I don't think I'm typical femgen, but I've also met enough feminine guys and guys who want to be feminine to know that it's not as rare as some people think.
>>
>>5352451
>he has never heard of twink death
kek, a femboy who isn't on hrt by 35 is,almost always, a walking pile of issues waiting to blow up
>>
>>5348804
Because people not agreeing with them upsets their feels.
>>
Why do these retards assume they have to be able to understand the experiences of others for them to be legitimate? You're not smart. You're not even a little bit smart. Your opinion about what I am does not count for anything. Leave me alone and go about your day.
>>
File: 1407377295535.png (176 KB, 377x377) Image search: [Google]
1407377295535.png
176 KB, 377x377
>>5346196
> I hate religion and I view the transgendered movement as a religion

Do you even know what the word religion means? As a trans-woman I'm not gay. I liked women before my transition, and while transitioning I like men.
>>
>>5353568
You'd be screwed long before that
>>
>>5346196
>I'm a liberal gay who has lived under the domination of feminism my whole life. I hate religion and I view the transgendered movement as a religion
This is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time
>>
>>5346211
>effeminate
Why do you believe transbians are effeminate? Most of them talk, behave and look like other straight dudes.
>>
I was born male, but I feel like a female.

I'm not going to crossdress or get a sex change. Growing up for me has meant learning to get comfortable in my skin.

Sometimes it's a source of stress for me, but that's life. Everyone has their demons.

Sex changes are an abomination of a practice. Everyone I know who's gotten one hates their mutilated body. If there was a magic pill that would make me a girl with no negative side effects, I'd take it, but there isn't.
>>
>>5346206
I will never understand this!
>>
>>5359858
Yeah they make getting a girl even harder for themselves. It's almost like they have no control over their gender or sexual preferences, weird
>>
>>5359810
effeminate =/= walking parody
you don't need to go full drag queen
>>
>>5359947
The point is there is nothing effeminate about transbians unless you also find straight dude mannerisms "effeminate"
>>
>>5359962
What are straight dude mannerisms? Sitting with your legs spread on the bus? Beating up homos? Low key hatred of everything pumpkin spice? Acting like a normal human being in public and not screeching like a banshee when you see your friends?

Just asking familia
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.