[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
orchiectomy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: conn.jpg (30 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
conn.jpg
30 KB, 300x400
sup legbutts,

im mtf and consider doing an orchiectomy.(i wont do an srs)
However im unsure yet,if its worth it...

I would produce less testosterone and therefore need less estrogene wich is cheaper for me and healther in the long run ( i dont really like taking any kind of meds)

But would it be worth it in the end?is it maybe risky?Would you get an orchiectomy if you dont plan to srs?
>>
>>5341930
>I would produce less testosterone and therefore need less estrogene
that is not how it works, do some research.
>>
>>5341930
>less testosterone... less estrogen
Unless you're on a gigantic dosage of E and no AAs currently, the more likely pills you'll be losing are Spiro/Cypro. This is probably for the best for your liver.

>Worth it?
After several years it's financially worth it.

>Risky?
As much as any minor surgery, although with the added concern that it will make SRS results less satisfying if you change your mind later. A friend of mine was traveling later the same day she got her orchi. She would not recommend traveling the same day you get an orchi, though. Take a couple days rest.

>Would you?
I'm considering it if my thoughts on SRS don't change after a couple years on hormones.
>>
>>5341962

Yet, treatment changes as if it were true. Anti-androgens are dropped, and estrogen doses decreased.
>>
well i dont take anti androgens ,only estrogene (my endo says its enough for me and i have complete normal fem hormone level)

So in a long run its worth it if i never plan srs?
>>
>>5342434
Your endo is either retarded, or you have naturally have low testosterone, which is unlikely.
What are your T levels?
>>
>>5341962
That actually is how it works. Estrogen, to a degree, suppresses testosterone and lowering testosterone in some other fashion (anti-androgens, orchiectomy) means the estrogen has less to compete against. The end result is you usually go off your AAs and your estrogen dosage is lowered.

See, for example: http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/ENDO/46497

Orchi would save you money in the long run, and if you don't plan on full SRS then there are no downsides. The only downside to the orchi is there's less material to work with for SRS... if I wasn't getting SRS I'd get an orchi.
>>
well my body never evolved manly and i used to have a normal t level. when i started estrogene even after a short time my body reacted to the low e dose.And i had pretty quickly a female hormone leve, a few month later the t raised again and i got a higher e dose. Wich works so far since 1 year. My therapist said i can try optinal spiro + e if i want to but i never had the urge to it.

i dont know my exact levels, he usually shows me shortly on his pc screen and tells me the e and t level is ether good for a woman or not and what to improve
>>
>>5342474
endo not therapist...
>>
>>5342474
You still want your testosterone levels to be as low as posible, preferably not readable to achieve most potent feminization, from my experience of watching other transgirls.

Even though you don't have much T to begin with, just like 100mg of Spiro a day will help with quicker feminizing as it's possible your body is still adjusted to your low levels of T that you had pre E, and still attempts to make use of that T.
>>
>>5342491
i should talk to him if there is a good alternative to spiro as i hate taking pills and im lactose intolerant anyway
>>
>>5342518
You do have good alternatives that aren't to expensive, US doesn't have Cypro which is disappointing however.
So yes, ask about what AA alternatives you have, and state how you're worried your body still can utilize your low, but still there T.

I.e. from what I've heard from other transgirls, progesterone is less potent / barely does anything if your T haven't been at 0 for a long while. And I can agree with that estrogen for me has been less effective until I moved from Spiro to Cypro, which is more potent, I was at female ranges of T, to now non existent levels of T.
>>
>>5342533
Im not in murrica, so yeah i ask him for cypro then.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.