[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: debate me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 17295822-mmmain[1].jpg (39 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
17295822-mmmain[1].jpg
39 KB, 620x451
I believe gender doesn't matter.

I believe you don't need to be referred to as your pronoun of choice to be happy.
>>
I didn't believe life was worth living when I was presenting as a male and now everyone around me says they're genuinely shocked at how much my mood has turned around after transitioning and I have a boyfriend who loves me and makes me feel like a woman
>>
>>5338019

You don't need it.
>>
ITT: TERFs ignore body dysphoria in an attempt to mandate transpeople out of existence
>>
she looks like prince with that beard
>>
My native language has no gendered pronouns and trans people have it no better here. Just because people call you "she" out of courtesy doesn't mean they think of you as a woman.
>>
>>5337980
I believe that there should not be gendered pronouns (use singular 'they' for everyone) or gender segregated facilities, that one's biological sex (or other's assumptions thereof) should not affect how they're raised or expected to act (except for things DIRECTLY related to anatomy), and that people should be free to present themselves with any "gendered" traits they want without being shamed for it.
>>
I wish we could turn transgender people into efficient fuel for vehicles and appliances.
>>
>>5338195
I wish we could do that with religious fundamentalists desu
>>
>>5338223
There are more religious fundamentalists than transgender people. Ergo, religious fundamentalists make a better source of fuel.
>>
>>5337980
I'm cis, but I understand the whole pronouns thing (except when it gets ridiculous)

It's more than just being labelled the way you want to be. It's about being recognized as the person you are. If someone deliberatedly refers to you in a way that doesn't suit you, it feels really bad.

Something similar happens to me. I'm 21, but I am the youngest member of my family. That meant I was never treated seriously. I'm always too young, too dumb, too naive.

I tried really hard to become a grown up and I feel like I succeeded. I've got a job, I moved out and I'm independent.

But for my family I'm still the one who doesn't know anything, and thus shouldn't be listened. Using trans words, they don't make me feel validated as something I worked really hard to achieve, which is being an adult.

Luckilly, I'm not a teen anymore, so it doesn't affect me as much since my body is not a puberty shitfest anymore, but it was really depressing back then. Always trying to proof myself worthy and being systematically denied the treatment I asked for.

I feel that being misgendered (deliberatedly, not by accident) feels just the same, if not worse.
>>
>>5338327
mtf here, this is a great post
>>
>>5338195
Lmfao, how does one ever get such an idea.
I don't want to be fuel.

>>5337980
Somewhat agree if you still let transsexuals be transsexual.
>>
>>5337980
>I believe you don't need to be referred to as your pronoun of choice to be happy.
Duh.
You're a sad piece of shit when you're letting something like pronouns stand in the way of your happiness.
>>
>>5338145

I agree.
>>
Yeah same (but ftm).
There's a point at which intentionally misgendering someone is outright malicious, but I've seen enough people from my own community overreact about innocent mistakes that I can see where OP and others are coming from too.

For the record, if you don't look outwardly female/male, don't expect complete strangers to magically know your preferred pronouns, and don't turn into a frothing asshole when they get it wrong.
>>
>>5337980
>arguing beliefs
>>
>>5338722
Also came back to add that expecting every single stranger you meet to stop and ask which pronoun you prefer is downright stupid entitled bullshit.
>>
>>5337980
I do not believe you have privileged access to information about what others need.
>>
File: 1304567811922.jpg (20 KB, 447x313) Image search: [Google]
1304567811922.jpg
20 KB, 447x313
>>5339066

Food, water, shelter.
>>
>>5339248
Are you OP, or someone who is merely being wrong on OP's behalf?
>>
>>5339275

OP

Health also works. It covers everything.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.