[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Backlash Forces Company to Take Down ‘Transphobic’ Bruce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 10
File: Jenner-Billboard-ps-640x480.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Jenner-Billboard-ps-640x480.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/12/03/backlash-forces-company-to-take-down-transphobic-bruce-jenner-billboard/

>Rebecca Jones, the mother of a 9-year-old transgender child, told the Herald that she wants a “face-to-face apology” from Garratt because a donation alone is not enough.

>“I want an apology to my 9-year-old son AND a donation, and the transgender community is behind me on this,” Jones said.
>>
>>5337138
Gold digger trying to make money with her child.

Disgusting.
>>
>>5337138

How is that ad transphobic?
>>
>>5337147
trans women cant have male genitalia or something, its haram to talk about
>>
>>5337142
It's the new american dream
>>
>>5337138
Well i dunno about transphobic but on a personal level it's not nice to bully mentally ill individuals. How would you like it if you were mocked on a billboard?
>>
>>5337156
But how is it even bullying them? I just don't get how it's harmful to imply that the lady on the billboard has a sack.

Is that what it's implying?
>>
>>5337156
>implying channel e! doesnt already mock everything trendy

I miss Joan Rivers
>>
>>5337156
They're making fun of a public figure, that is supposed to mock and offend me how? Even if it did those two things somehow why would they have to do anything about it?
>>
>>5337160
Same anon

Just read the article, why do people care if someone just makes a random joke that involves trannies?

The only other thing is in the email and he says that they shouldn't have thought it was a ballsack and that it meant an actual Santa hat and said her sick mind is the problem, but he was probably meaning sick mind as in dirty, not implying that transgendered are sick minded.
>>
>>5337166
She was killed for speaking the truth about Michael.
>>
>9 year old transgender
that's child abuse
>>
>>5337182
>pumping a little child with hormones so she doesn't become gay
Is this Iran? And I'm fucking Persian.
>>
>>5337188
I doubt that 9 year olds have a good understanding of sexuality
>but muh male puberty
tough shit, you've got a 50% of fucking him up for life or a 100% chance
>>
>>5337193

Natural = people are born and they grow up
What has science done?! = people are born, put on blockers, then decide what pokemon they want to be and take hormones
>>
>>5337138
I mean the ad blatantly crosses a line.Theres a time and a place for that sort of shit, jokes on the internet or whatever, but it doesnt belong on a billboard.
You make jokes like that in the workplace, even if their isnt a trans employee, you'll still get pulled up on it. How It got on a billboard I'll never know
>>
>>5337204
lmao this
>>
>>5337204
it's inhumane until we get a better way of diagnosing GID
>>
File: not a valid argument.jpg (61 KB, 540x371) Image search: [Google]
not a valid argument.jpg
61 KB, 540x371
>>5337188
>pumping a little child with hormones
Except no. Not by a long shot. I'll never understand why people take such strong views on things they dont actually understand.

The kid will grow up a bit more, then around 12 or 13, if they still feel the same way, be put on hormone blockers. It doesnt have any particularly negative effects, just delays puberty. Its actually not uncommon for some kids to not have hormones kick in at a puberty, or for them to be in very low levels and need a boost. It doesnt hurt them either.
But anyway, years down the line, if this is definitely what the kid wants, in most western countries its around 16, they give the kid their preferred hormones and they transition like anyone else.
>>
>>5337182
>>5337188
>denying children appropriate medical treatment is civilized and non-abusive
>>
>>5337238
Alright. I was a massive tomboy as a kid, wore my male cousins' clothes, played football (soccer for Murricans) and LEGO and burned my sister's dolls.

If I was a child today my parents would've probably thought I was trans.
>>
>>5337244
>appropriate treatment for a condition they may or may not have
yes.
>>
>>5337138
What kind of retard does that billboard? Did they want to drive the company to the ground?
>>
>breitbart

Is venerating a right-wing tabloid that is Actually Transphobic your way of "sticking it to SJWs" ?
>>
>>5337138
>>5337252
Oh, and obviously, this is copyright infringement.

I hope they'll be facing a suing large enough to actually shut down the company.
>>
File: PlxbhyX.jpg (45 KB, 749x752) Image search: [Google]
PlxbhyX.jpg
45 KB, 749x752
>>5337238
>they give the kid their preferred hormones

>preferred hormones

This isn't McDonalds; you aren't picking a value meal here. People should not EVER be given the incorrect hormone for their sex. *EVER*

It is going to fuck them up even more. A good example is Kayla.
>>
>>5337244

Why you 'tards think the sex change industry is in any way medically appropriate is beyond me

It literally creates clusterfuck mindebent people like the one described in >>5335026

I have never talked to or met a mentally stable trans person. Ever. I highly doubt such a thing even exists due to the nature of the ' a p p r o p r i a t e m e d i c a l t r e a t m e n t '

>>5337258

Do you even the first amendment? I forgot /lgbt/ is so far left they don't want any rights
>>
>>5337261
Nice opinion. Now fuck off and let the grownups handle business.
>>
>>5337265
You think copyright infringement is right?

They stole the picture and used it as an add, that's really really illegal, and I hope it'll be millions in settlement, or at least enough to get the company shut down.
>>
>>5337261
But didn't Kayla NOT get her "preferred hormones"?
I dunno I'm not an authority on her past
>>
>>5337265
>muh anecdotes

Nice b8. Also that's pretty much what happens if you make a trans kid go through their natural puberty. Kayla and the girl in that unfalsifiable greentext are pretty strong examples of how harmful it is to them. If you don't believe me just look at what happened to David Reimer, forcing a dysphoric kid through puberty WILL fuck up their head. Trans people who are treated after puberty have a 45% chance of attempting suicide.
>>
>>5337160

They're implying she had a sack once and doesn't anymore. Which is true, but goshdarnit it's haram!

>>5337153
^

>>5337138

I know it's not a new thing, I'm sure it can be right, but honestly. The whole trans pre-teen thing, you know, people ought to be more skeptical about that. I mean, it really ends up coming down to "I know what's best for my child, how dare you ever question us!" which is the most fucking archaic, irresponsible approach to parenting that's nevertheless getting endorsed by the left so long as there's a vaguely possible socio-political message tacked on.

When I was 11, I genuinely wanted to have been born with both male and female genitalia and was open about it. If I could have gotten surgery for it, I probably would have. I would be trans-intersex today.
>>
>>5337282
her mother was/is controlling or something
>>
>>5337301
Pretty sure caitlyn is non-op.
>>
>>5337311

Oh.

She got tit transplants, though, right? I thought she had some facial surgery, too, or something. Did she? But she kept the dick?

Well, ok, I think I get what people have been on about a little more. Color me corrected.
>>
>>5337322
:^)
>>
>>5337301
>I mean, it really ends up coming down to "I know what's best for my child, how dare you ever question us!" which is the most fucking archaic, irresponsible approach to parenting that's nevertheless getting endorsed by the left so long as there's a vaguely possible socio-political message tacked on.

You do know this goes the other way too, right? The whole "I know what's best for muh kid!!" thing is even a common conservative trope used to justify mistreating trans or gay kids. Look at what happened to that kid, Leelah Alcorn, or better yet, just read some testimonials from adult trans people here that had transphobic parents. The attitude you're describing isn't exclusive to leftifts and fuck you for trying to politicize a medical issue.
>>
>>5337138
>he transgender community is behind me on this
lol she doesn't even talk to them and she isn't trans.
>>5337147
because it mentions a transgender woman once
>>
>>5337384
>You do know this goes the other way too, right?

Yes. Hence why it's remarkable that it applies this way, too. That's why I called it archaic and not forward-thinking or something. It's an attitude of the reactionary right whose parenting ideas are steeped in 1800s turned on its head and then TOTALLY RESPECTED by "progressives."

I never polticized it. It was already political, like about every other thing. This billboard and the reaction to it would be completely unremarkable if it weren't.
>>
>>5337138
I keked
>>
>>5337246
And? Youre assuming theyre forcing this on the kid
If youd wanted to be a boy at that age (9), then theyd wait about 4 years til puberty, if you still wanted to be a boy, theyd put you on hormone blockers, then theyd wait about another 3 years and if you STILL wanted to be a boy they'd let you take hormones like they do with kids who want to take hormones around that age

You cant get a child hormones without the child's input, and they give fucking years of time for the child to decide what they want

>>5337261
>People should not EVER be given the incorrect hormone for their sex. *EVER*
>It is going to fuck them up even more.
Well, the fact that the trans suicide rate post transition is back down to ordinary levels, rather than something stupid like 4 times more likely, would be evidence that it doesnt fuck them up.
>inb4 muh outdated study from the 70s where trannies still killed themselves
Using procedures from decades ago where theyre werent nearly as advanced, and the social climate was even worse than it is now, is obviously going to mean trannies still kill themselves post transition. But from about 2000 onwards that isnt the case
>>
>>5337418
I don't get the joke.
What is there to laugh about?
>>
>>5337265
>Do you even the first amendment?
Nah that picture will be the property of Vanity Fair if not the photographer that took it.

Why is it stupid Ameri-cunts think the first ammendment extends to everything and anything?
>>
>>5337403

Like, it's not like you either beat your kids for identifying as trans or accept it and wave it around for everyone before they're even old enough to fully understand sex so that their identity becomes your thing. There's a pretty wide space for parenting between these two approaches, and you can still let your kid dress how they like without being enforcer to your 9-year-old's take on a personal issue that people much older are still struggling with.
>>
>>5337423
Plenty, use your imagination.
>>
>>5337429

Might fall under fair use.
>>
>>5337250
If they're diagnosed with gender dysphoria, there's a very good chance they have it. And if they are actually cis, going on HRT will reveal that long before it has any lasting effects.

>>5337261
What if it IS the correct hormone for their brain sex though? Letting them continue on their natural hormones will only worsen their mental health.

>>5337265
>Why you 'tards think the sex change industry is in any way medically appropriate is beyond me
I didn't say anything about the "sex change industry", I was talking about HRT. And it is the most effective available treatment for gender dysphoria. That's literally the main criteria for "medically appropriate".

>Do you even the first amendment? I forgot /lgbt/ is so far left they don't want any rights
So you think intellectual property rights are unconstitutional?
>>
>>5337444
Is the billboard advertising for a for-profit company? I think that would exclude it from falling under fair use.
>>
>>5337458
>What if it IS the correct hormone for their brain sex though?

Has brain sex even been scientifically confirmed yet?

Like, there's plenty of evidence piling up. I won't deny that, or even want to - I think that's great and there'll probably be a ruling on it pretty soon.

But right now, we's got some scans and people pointing to them and saying "Hey, this looks like this, it's really significant but we can't be certain how, yet." Unless I missed the big one, which I probably did.

>>5337463

Probably, yeah.

>>5337458

Who manufactures HRT stuff?
Is it chemical therapy or is it more like yoga where no one really has to get a prescription or buy anything?
>>
>>5337142
>>5337154
The money was for a donation to an organization, not to that specific mother. So you retards can chill on your conspiracy theories.
>>
>>5337193
You really have no idea how statistics or medical treatments work do you?

Remember to stay in school kids.
>>
>>5337246
You seem to be basing your knowledge about how dysphoria is diagnosed and treated based on some shitty pol bait.
>>
>>5337261
The point is to make people likre Kayla not happen; if you just make the hormones easy access you won't warp people and make them fetishize being a girl.

I was talking with someone about being trans, and their two experiences with trans people was their friends dating them, both were Asian And both were able to walk into a drug store and buy estrogen , and both just live happy lives where people don't care if they're trans because they're cute and never went through male puberty.

Instead you want to create another generation of tortured hybrids that people will kill and hate because a few kids might regret their choice? Its just another weird right wing idea desu, you can't chose who you are, but if you have sex and get pregnant you have to keep the baby and being it to term and destroy your life.
>>
>>5337534
>because a few kids might regret their choice?

Well, yes.

Because a popular current 'activist' approach is to make memes about being trans and saturate discussion and media with it, and there are people who stand to capitalize on it. What people don't know can still hurt them, and drug companies already do and already get paid to do it. How much trust do you place in the consumer to vote with their shopping cart?
>>
>>5337563

The possible capitalization of easier medication would literally be the right wing profiting from withholding treatment for decades, you just have to kind of be at peace with the fact that rich conservatives are going to manipulate and destroy some people one way or another and move on.
>>
>>5337301
> I mean, it really ends up coming down to "I and all the doctors and experts together know what's best for my child, how dare you assume your uneducated feelings on the matter should count for more and try to ban me from allowing my child medical treatment"
Do you take this sort of stance on all medical treatment or just the ones that make you feel booty-bothered? Do you think parents are irresponsible for listening to experts about cancer treatment and telling assholes to fuck off when they say you should just wait and see or try just telling your kid to will it away because they're probably just doing for attention?
>>
>>5337481
Structural neurological differences between the sexes have been identified in the volumes and densities of grey and white matter and cross-sex structures have been observed in trans people and to a lesser extent gay people.
>>
>>5337563
The extremely low regret rate combined with the extremely high suicide rate among those that do not receive treatment would suggest that from a standpoint of reducing harm and helping people those who show consistent continued dysphoria and do not have co-morbid conditions that could be confusing things should be allowed to transition.

"look at all these trannies in the media!" is not evidence that increased trans acceptance and access to treatment has caused a problematic increase in false dysphoria diagnosis.

Trans people are an extremely small portion of the population and their treatment is actually quite cheap in the big picture of healthcare. It would make much more sense to continue successful money-making avenues like pushing pain meds and anti depressants and general plastic surgery rather than create some massive conspiracy to try to get a few more people to transition. Really you could probably make more money putting trannies on one ineffective psych med after another till they kill themselves instead of giving them cheap hrt and letting them have surgeries that remove most of the need for those meds anyway.
>>
>>5337620

Not really. It would be drug pushers profiting from drug pushing. The common urge there is to make money, I don't really care whose side they're on because they'd already be on their own side. The advantage they'd have would be a mainstream eager to act as a guard dog for drug companies and shout down anyone who questions their readiness to pipe as much money as they can into drugs and pro-drug dogma before the science is out.

Of course, I'm seeing this in the context of OP's case. I don't think the amount that's known for certain in science at this point (I could be wrong about that) is enough to reasonably back the apparent certainty some people already feel about putting these kinds of decisions in the hands of pre-pubescent kids and trusting their parents to not fuck up. Like, if a kid without cancer insists they have cancer and no one can prove that they have cancer, I think it would be unethical to just go in there with a scalpel and figure it out then and there.
>>
>>5337744
>putting these kinds of decisions in the hands of pre-pubescent kids and their parents and multiple doctors and trusting their parents and multiple doctors to not fuck up
Yeah fucking retarded parents!
They should listen to YOU for all the decisions about their child's healthcare instead of some fancy pants doctors!
Doctors and parents just can't be trusted to make the right medical choices for kids unlike a random anon on 4chan who's pretty sure they have this whole "tranny thing" figured out.
>>
File: laugh.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
laugh.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>5337138
hahaha holy shit thats funny, that fucking hon deserves everything he gets
>>
>>5337791
>hon making fun of his own kind
priceless
>>
>>5337793
jenner isn't trans
>>
>>5337798
>no true scotsman
>>
>>5337806
This isn't about geography you fuck wad.
>>
>>5337798
neither are you, bucktooth
>>
>>5337818
>This isn't about geography you fuck wad.
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman
>>
>>5337826
I know what it means duh, I am just saying jenner is as trans as conchita wrust is trans
>>
File: boogs.png (170 KB, 1024x869) Image search: [Google]
boogs.png
170 KB, 1024x869
>>5337818
Kill yourself you stupid waste of oxygen.
>>
>>5337444
Well it isnt being used for education, commentary, or parody.
I guarantee someone ITT is going to claim its parody, but it isnt, parody would be the images that floated around ages ago, where it was "I am ____", mimicking the concept for comedic purposes. But this wasnt mimicry, they didnt replace the words "I am Cait", they didnt use someone or something else in a similar pose. They just used the image added a hat, and wrote their own joke. That isnt parody.
The rights to that image will belong to the photographer, or more likely, Vanity Fair. And that could mean bad news for whatever company put it up, if they think there's money to be had Vanity Fair will sue
>>
>>5337777
quads dont lie
>>
>>5337691

Yeah, that's what I'm referring to when talking about people pointing to scans.

How what they're observing actually plays out is the question I'm curious about.

>>5337739

It's also possible that the regret rate would rise with deregulation. How do regret rates compare in countries which allow easier access?

To be honest, I agree with a lot of that - it should be easier, and hormone cocktails are probably less harmful than most of the soul killers they've got on the market. But a lot of those are prescription, too.

>"look at all these trannies in the media!" is not evidence

I never said that. The celebrities don't mean much to me - I was lucky enough to get competent sex ed about this stuff before the rest of the country apparently one day realized that transsexuals exist. Gasp! I'm not against trans acceptance or access to treatment, I think both of those are areas in need of improvement. I just have different opinions on the ways to go about that, and it seems like on the one end it's dittohead shits being dittohead shits and on the other it's a self-congratulatory snowflake jerkoff where people who somehow went their entire adult lives without knowing what transgender stuff was try to remedy the situation with intensive support of their own concoction.
>>
>>5337837
Are you her gender therapist? What makes you think you're qualified to judge whether she's trans or not?
>>
>>5337863
Because he's an old giant man going around making a fool out of every trans person. He don't fucking represent me.
>>
>>5337806
In fairness, this isnt a fallacy here. Objectively, Jenner isnt transgender. He's a fetishist with too much money to be stopped.
Its blatantly obvious through his actions, Ive posted my argument a hundred times on this board, so i'll just do a quick run through:
>had hormones in the 80s, quit because taking hormones when youre not trans makes you feel like shit
>was known to steal and wear his wife's underwear
>had 7 kids
>gets old, realises he's not attractive, but he's surrounded by young and attractive people, Kardashian women
>tries to be more like them
>has to be an exhibitionist
>first thing he does is get a boob job
>immediately after, shows his bare tits to his son
>makes sure to put them on the cover of a magazine
>needs a show about himself, because thats what all the women he knows do
>doesnt work on voice or get $8000 surgery, because its about how he looks, not how he's perceived or treated
>consider's himself "straight" for being attracted to women
>fake trans friends hired for his show come out and say he hasnt got a clue what it's like to be transgender

If he had to go through a system and get a therapist to sign off on him, it'd have never happened.
>>
File: 8.gif (105 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
8.gif
105 KB, 318x318
>>5337884
bravo
>>
>>5337875
You are THE most unbearable troll. I cant believe with the number of fucking trolls on this board, people fall for your act.
Pretending that because someone said "scotsman" you think they mean geography. And then, going on from there, almost defining a no true scotsman fallacy in response, despite their being legitimate points about why Jenner isnt actually transgender.

WAKE UP PEOPLE
>>
>>5337884
>>had hormones in the 80s, quit because taking hormones when youre not trans makes you feel like shit
I thought she quit because she wasn't able to socially transition and didn't want to be found out? And if she really is a cis guy, why did she try transitioning again?

>>was known to steal and wear his wife's underwear
Seems pretty common for repressed mtfs.
>>
kayla is the caitlyn jenner of /lgbt/
>>
>>5337893
take the stick out of your ass and go back to tumbler.

>>5337894
A real trans person could not live without their hrt.
>>
>>5337777

What, exactly, is the process a parent has to go through with a doctor before they can call their 9-year-old kid trans? Who proves it, and how do they do it? The DSM's guidelines for children seem to leave it down to behavioral observation.

If it's rigorous, I see nothing wrong with that. It certainly should be. But then, I'm just an anon disagreeing with you on the internet.

>"tranny thing"

Not my choice of words, but ok anon.
>>
>>5337894
>wasn't able to socially transition and didn't want to be found out?
Well that would be his story because he has to use the transgender movement to legitimise his fetish. Everyone, including trans people would have torn him to shreds if he said it was just a fetish.
But regardless, why would he even try to get on hormones if he wasnt intending to socially transition.Thats a weak excuse. "I couldnt come out back then! But I still tried to get hormones that would alter my appearance, used them, and then quit bcause society!". Bullshit. If he couldnt transition he wouldnt try.
Was he getting them from doctors? Or did he order them himself? I'd be willing to bet no doctors were involved at all.

>why did she try transitioning again?
Already told you, he got old and ugly. Nothing left to lose, a fuck ton of cash, a chance to make a show about it and make more. Why wouldnt he?
Pay careful attention to the fact he had surgeries that made him look younger as well as everything else. Surrounded by Kardashian women who are young and attractive, looked in the mirror, realised he was an ugly old man, and couldnt be young and sexy like them, unless, he transitions
Keeps his dick, doesnt bother with his voice, gets a tit job and a face lift and thats good enough for him. Because he doesnt want to be female.

Still calls himself "straight" despite being attracted to women. Oppses gay marriage despite being a "woman" attracted to women.

Theres mountains against his legitimacy.

>Seems pretty common
Well it isnt at all. In fact its a bit of red flag
>>
>>5337858
They've also done dissections, some of the structures and differences are only visible that way and don't come up on scans.

What do you mean "how it plays out"?
They've observed differences.
>>
>>5337919
>What, exactly, is the process a parent has to go through with a doctor before they can call their 9-year-old kid trans?
Usually, the kid will express some feelings of gender dysphoria, the parent will take them to a therapist, and they get fucking years of therapy. Even just for hormone blockers, doctors are very reluctant to allow treatment. I dont know how regular therapy appointments are for kids, but they'll get plenty of them, talking about gender and how they feel and shit. Then after a few years on hormone blockers, if they still feel the same way, doctors will let them have hormones.

Bear in mind, it takes almost a decade to be a gender specialist. Despite the pop culture caricature of a psychiatrist who doesnt give a fuck and is just looking for a pay check, it takes a lot of training to get to those positions. If I'm not mistaken, you have to have a PhD and several years working in some medical capacity.
In fact, interestingly, you can tell a lot about the writers of shows and films by how they portray psychological professionals.Often if they make them unhelpful money grabbers, its because the writer, as a patient, likely didnt engage with well, didnt want to open up, felt uncomfortable, or didnt benefit from solutions made available to them, but instead of blaming themselves, of course they blame the psychologist. Its called projection.
>>
>>5337858
>It's also possible that the regret rate would rise with deregulation
Or you could say it's possible it would fall or whatever else you want to say if it's just speculation and not based on actual stats/research.
Is transition becoming "deregulated"? It's a very involved medical treatment often involving many doctors and hoops to jump through to get everything done. Stuff like informed consent mostly exists to fill a gap in needed care in areas where there aren't any doctors who can/will treat trannies.
>>
>>5337941
>But regardless, why would he even try to get on hormones if he wasnt intending to socially transition.Thats a weak excuse. "I couldnt come out back then! But I still tried to get hormones that would alter my appearance, used them, and then quit bcause society!". Bullshit. If he couldnt transition he wouldnt try.
>Was he getting them from doctors? Or did he order them himself? I'd be willing to bet no doctors were involved at all.
Because maybe she thought she could transition, but realized she didn't really feel up to it. Maybe she read about people being killed for being trans and decided it was better to repress until it became more accepted.
>>
>>5338007
>but realized she didn't really feel up to it
You can hear how feeble this sounds right\? Would you be convinced buy this of someone said it to you?
>Maybe she read about people being killed for being trans and decided it was better to repress until it became more accepted.
But first, best give hormones a whirl eh? Because society is so bad, I might die if I come out, but hey, I'll just take some pills that'll change my appearance and then quit before it has any effects...right?

Personally i think the whole hormones thing is something he's lying about now to add legitimacy.
He also claims his wife knew and made him repress it and shit like that, and she's come out and said that isnt at all true, and he made no mention of these feelings
>>
>>5337993
>It's a very involved medical treatment often involving many doctors and hoops to jump through to get everything done
Sure is...in the UK. The US has a funny little system of Informed Consent, where, if youre a legal adult and have the money, walk in, sign a bit of paper promising not to sue, and they'll give you hormones
>>
>>5338032
>But first, best give hormones a whirl eh? Because society is so bad, I might die if I come out, but hey, I'll just take some pills that'll change my appearance and then quit before it has any effects...right?
No, I mean she started hormones, THEN after starting hormones heard about how bad trans people are treated and decided to detransition.
>>
>>5338043
I don't really see an issue with that. There's not really any harm done as long as they don't hold anyone else responsible for what happens to them.
>>
>>5337919
It's an ongoing process with therapy that goes on for years, you don't just say "yep my kid's a tranny" and head home with a puberty's worth of meds and a do-it-yourself srs kit.

First is therapy to try to figure out the child's feelings to help determine if it is cross-sex desires and dysphoria or if it's just something like "oh I want to be tough and box and hate dresses so I must be an ftm" or "I like pink and I like boys and I want to be pretty so I must be an mtf" and also to look for co-morbid conditions that could possibly be being confused for dysphoria like some types of autism or schizophrenia and stuff like that though the presence of some of those conditions doesn't necessarily rule-out dysphoria.
Assuming everything seems to be going well with therapy the doctors and parents might then decide to let the child express themselves more freely such as dressing how they want and being referred to with their preferred name and pronouns along with continued therapy to see how the child responds and adjusts to everything.
If all that continues fine with no indication of issues then when the time comes the child may be prescribed puberty-blocking medication to delay puberty for a few years to really see if the dysphoria is continuous and everything before they're old enough to start full hrt and begin to pursue surgery.
>>
>>5337941
>Everyone, including trans people would have torn him to shreds if he said it was just a fetish.

The hypocrisy in this is laughable. So what if it's a fetish? People don't choose what turns them on and some people can't even get off outside of that.

Why is it ok for one invonluntary problem to be de-legitimized and mocked by the same whiners who complain that they are victims of exactly that?
>>
>>5338044
>No, I mean she started hormones, THEN after starting hormones heard about how bad trans people are treated and decided to detransition.
Ah I see, so he's well aware of transgender people, because, if he wasnt, why would he know female hormones were available in some capacity? And would change his looks, or how he feels? Yet knowing about this as an option, didnt know trans people were treated like shit...?
Okay....so...he gets the hormones, starts taking them, if he's trans, presumably feels infinitely better, as if something that has been dragging him down his whole life has disappeared...and in those couple months, its only NOW come to his attention trans people are treated like shit. Despite the LGBT movement being in full swing, making it very apparent to anyone that gays and trannies are treated like shit. Hell, homosexuality has only recently been decriminalised. But he was somehow oblivious to this, and thinks "woah shit guess I'd better quit" for a good 30 years.
Having competed as a man in mens sport, married, had 7 kids, all that jazz?

The case against him is iron clad.
>>
>>5338043
Maybe try working on your reading comprehension a little bit since that post mentions informed consent too and how it is largely the result of a lack of accessible doctors for trans healthcare.
>>
>>5338054
But there is harm. They become detransitioners, or fetishists, or hons. And then thats the stereotype of trans people, men in dresses, often ugly or crazy, or perverted. And then thats used to justify trans people not getting rights, like pissing in whatever bathroom they feel is rigt, despite their actually being no legal requirement for women to use womens bathrooms and men to use mens. And if someone is trans, well that means theyre probably all these bad things, so its okay for me to beat them up or kill them, theyre men in dresses! Just go full mudslime with it, these pieces of fabric, and these rooms are intended for vaginas only! Science be damned, kill anyone who defies this! Alllah's natural law!

...But yeah...informed consent is bad.
>>
>>5338075
Because, your kinky fetish isnt justification to do whatever you want, unsurprisingly. A lot of people are into rape. Ive seen people who would get off on murdering someone, or acting like a baby, or a dog their whole life. You dont do that. And you certainly dont conflate it with a legitimate medical condition.

I doubt its hard for you to imagine why amputees might be a bit pissed off with someone with an amputee fetish cutting someone their limbs off and saying theyre just like all these amputees, except they get off on being one
>>
>>5337910
>A real trans person could not live without their hrt.
What about repression?
I mean, I went through a "man" phase until I was 20 when I finally started hrt
>>
>>5338112
>Because, your kinky fetish isnt justification to do whatever you want, unsurprisingly. A lot of people are into rape. Ive seen people who would get off on murdering someone, or acting like a baby, or a dog their whole life. You dont do that. And you certainly dont conflate it with a legitimate medical condition.

Typical assblasted transbender resorting to strawman arguments. Why don't you stop trying to justify you hypocrisy and bigotry with extreme examples while having no knowledge of the basis of a mental disorder is.

This is why nobody likes SJWs like you.

Also nice assuming I'm a fetishfag, moron. I'm as vanilla as they come.
>>
>>5338142
Think you could do it for 45 years?

20 is barely out of puberty. Wait til the hair starts falling out, and any androgyny left evapourates
>>
>>5338159
>strawman arguments
Oh, Im sorry, I was unaware analogies had become stawmen, do forgive my blunder.

>extreme examples
The only "extreme" things mentioned were rape and murder, you'll note the actual example i ran with was amputees. Considering trans people tend to have a variety of surgeries, theyre not dissimilar enough that they cant be compared.

>while having no knowledge of the basis of a mental disorder is.
I sure you had some point of point here. Miss a word? Did you mean "what the basis of a mental disorder is"? Because I'd beg to differ, having studied psychology at university.

>SJWs
>call someone who isnt an SJW, an SJW, because that means I win!

>Also nice assuming I'm a fetishfag, moron
Good god are you new to the english languae? "Your" can be specific to you, or it can also be general. For example "Its high time America learns that just becausse you have the world's largest army, does not mean you can police the world to your heart's desire"
Oh look, words can have different meanings depending on context. Who'd have thought?
>>
>>5337261
>A good example is Kayla.
Who is Kayla?
>>
>>5338273
This is Kayla:
>>5337791
>>5337798
>>5337818
>>5337837
>>5337875
>>5337890
>>5337910

Also see:
>>5337906
>>
>>5338210
This is why we don't argue with the mentally handicapped. Can't believe I always get caught up with people so detached from reality. The mental gymnastics have hit an all-time high.
>>
>>5338306
>This is why we don't argue with the mentally handicapped.
stupid person tries to seem intellectual to be the defacto winner

>detached from reality.
Reality only actually being discussed abstractly, because, as the bulk of the comment was about the argument itself

>mental gymnastics
Nothing that requires a change of perspective or an altered perspective was actual said

Im sorry are you having a different argument to me?
>you call analogies strawmen
>you claim the examples were extreme even though the main example was comparable to trans people as both involve surgery and both are fetishised
>you fuck up a sentence, and we still do not know what you were actually trying to say
>you use the term SJW where it doesnt apply
>and your lack of understanding about the word "your" meant yo took the entire post to be directed at you, rather than being general
And you come out of all of that being smug, saying I'M the retard and used "mental gymnastics".
Youre like a downs syndrome with your own shit smeared on your mouth, taunting someone else about not getting given any "chocolate"
>>
>>5337138
What everyone seems to be overlooking, especially those defending the board, is that it was only done for publicity.
There is no way the company behind that didnt know it was going to offend someone or have someone demand it gets taken down. But the thing is, you put a billboard up somewhere, maybe a hundred thousand people see it, maybe a couple hundred thousand. But if you put up a billboard so offensive it gets taken down and articles are written about it, then millions of people will see it. Sure theres a few that will also be offended, and not go to you for whatever service you offer, but theres also quite a few who will now go to you because of what you did (eg Chick-fil-a) and there'll be countless people who dont give a fuck.
So for a few hundred bucks, they make an advert that reaches as many people as a viral video, and costs at least thousands of dollars less than a tv ad. Everyone else spreads heir advertising and their name for free without giving it a second thought
>>
>>5339119
Yeah right, I've already forgotten the name of the company that made the billboard and the name of the CEO that the concerned mother wanted an apology from. This will always occupy a spot in the back of my mind of, "there was another shitty Christian who owned a business who told a lie." That's all.
>>
>>5337138
An easier way to get the ad taken down would have been to tip off the photographer who took the original photo. An Intellectual Property lawsuit is much more lucrative than social outrage.
>>
>>5339119
the problem here is Channel E! promoting Jenner's show in the first place.
>>
>>5337213
if you're offended by this, you're a piece of shit
>>
>>5337429

it's a parody
>>
>>5337138
First thing, I bet they didn't get rights to use Caitlyn Jenner's image. That could open them up to a world of financial hurt.
>>
>>5339165
Did you miss the part where I outlined 3 categories?
>People who are offended and wont go to that company
>People who like the anti-trans joke and will go to that company
>People who aren't bothered either way

You're literally sat in one of those 3 categories saying "pfft, theres no other categories"

You are painfully stupid.

>>5339764
How offensive of you to say
Anyone can and will be offended by anything. Get over it.

>>5340060
Except, no it isnt.
The legal definition of parody:
"distorted imitation" of an original work for the purpose of commenting on it.

Firstly, it isnt an imitation, as already pointed out. It isnt a mocking "I am Cait" billboard, It uses the picture and has its own caption, unrelated to the source material, that isnt imitation, it is still the original work, the photograph itself.

Is it distorted? Vaguely. Adding a little santa hat is unlikely to hold up as "distortion" in court. For example, you couldnt take, say, Mickey Mouse,put a santa hat on him, and use him in your ads, that is never going to fly.

And then finally, is it commenting on it? Yes and no. They will certainly use that excuse in court, saying its commentary on Jenner's public transition. We all know that wasnt really the intention, the intention was to get attention and have it taken down.
But still, calling it commentary is going to open up claims for Jenner, such as libel, it is undoubtedly a defamatory statement, because it isnt true and harms Jenners public image.
Additionally, the fact that its phrased as though Jenner is saying it would cause issues along those lines.

And the real clincher is, there is absolutely no doubt they stand to benefit financially by using that image in advertising. The very nature of advertising is to increase financial gain, and using material, the rights to which belong to someone else, in their advertising, is really going to sink them.

>>5340373
Already been discussed buddy.
>>
>>5337258

Because you used the phrase "facing a suing" I can only assume that you are a troll.

2/10 cause u got me to respond and you can spell infringement
>>
>>5337440
I really can't think of anything.

The only thing that appears to be is "LOL BALLS, SAID BALLS AND HAD CAITLYN ON PICTURE THAT IS TRANS WOMAN, SO FUNNY".
That's not even remotely funny.

>FART
>LOL OMG SO FUNNY
>>
I don't think it's offensive, I just think it's an oddly graphic thing to put on a billboard. You wouldn't see a billboard saying "Stay as positive as Charlie Sheen's blood test!" advertising cheese-its or something.
>>
>>5347715
I dont get why fart jokes are considered so low brow, of all the animals on the planet, humans are the only ones to find farts funny

>>5347792
That was a good comparison, but could you be more outraged please?
>>
>>5347801
Because fart "jokes" has no content to it other than "HAHA FART".
>>
>>5337744
>putting these kinds of decisions in the hands of pre-pubescent kids
How else are you supposed to diagnose a mental problem of any kind? You have to rely on patient report for these kinds of situations. It's like saying that if someone is depressed you can't trust what they say; even though it isn't perfect, it's a subjective experience and there is no other way to diagnose it than by what they tell you.
>>
>>5347815
just like the rest of the vapid shit spewing from your mouth. grow up, kid
>>
>>5337138

It's a retarded sign honestly. That said 'Jones' and her mentally ill son can kick rocks.
>>
File: genius.jpg (9 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
genius.jpg
9 KB, 217x232
>>5348384
>anon isn't amused by jokes aimed at literal four year olds
>tell him to grow up
>>
>>5337138
>nb4 caitlin gave the ok and extreme libs are taking the bait giving a reason for conservishits to hate us trannies
>>
Why can't we let kids be kids and not entangle them into our politics?

Trans kids are a thing, but pumping them with hormones like that when they're so young can't be healthy. Personally, I would wait when they're in their mid to late teens or before getting serious with that. I get the logic people have for starting before puberty, though I'm still slightly concerned with parents and/or children being hasty with this decision.

That's just an opinion of mine, I'm neither trans or a parent so I could be missing out on a perspective that radically changes my view.
>>
>>5337138
Didn't Jenner say she was fine with those 'Call me Caitlyn' costumes? People could stand to learn from that.
>>
>>5354605
>I'm neither trans or a parent so I could be missing out on a perspective that radically changes my view.
Yeah, basically, when you're a good parent, you care about your kids well being, rather than your political views.
>>
>>5354398
lol as if
Theyd have better fucking production value if literally anyone noteworthy had given the go ahead on this.
That poorly added santa hat? Come on
>>
>>5354884
*throws MS paint santa hat on picture*
*edits vanity fair out of picture*
hey kardashians look here! didi do it rite?
>>
>>5354398
It's not Caitlyn that has the copyright, it's Vanity Fair.
>>
>>5354771
Nobody is obligated to believe something stupid just because Caitlyn believes it.

If someone is fine with being hurt by people, then other people have to respect that...oh wait, that's not true at all. Actually, people can do the exact opposite and try to stop it immediately and punish anyone that even thinks of doing it. Just so long as it's within the law, people can do whatever they want.
>>
>>5337246
That's not remotely how it works.

Trans kids go through massive amounts of therapy, even with non gatekeepers, just to make sure they're not actually going to get fucked up. They have the time to wait, only FTMs really benefit from being put on blockers before 12.
>>
>>5360179
lol what? most trannies are self medicating. they buy hormones off the internet while at the same time ordering up panties and a dragon dildo.
>>
File: sugges10.jpg (11 KB, 350x296) Image search: [Google]
sugges10.jpg
11 KB, 350x296
>>5360186
>My anecdote proves you wrong
>>
>>5360186
You literally think most trans here are 12?
>>
>>5360197
uh, we could say the same about your anecdote as well.

have you even spent any time on this board? what i said is entirely accurate. the real reason most trans people get therapy is because they're batshit insane. their mental illness goes way beyond gender dysphoria.
>>
>>5360205
Except I'm not going by anecdote, I actually read the medical litterature and had talks about it with my therapist.

>have you even spent any time on this board?
Have you spent any time not on this board? Because unlike you I've done both.

You should still consider my advice.
>>
>>5360200
mentally, yes. have you seen how many of them post anime girls?
>>
>>5360211
your therapist told you what you wanted to hear because they were afraid you'd off yourself otherwise. i wouldn't believe anything they'd say.

please point me towards this medical literature. just because guidelines are in place doesn't mean anyone is following them.
>>
>>5360217
I was talking in private to my therapist outside of therapy sessions, have literally had no suicidal ideations in 12 years, and she's been a great resource to navigate the meanders of the medical system here for friends. But please, keep projecting this hard.
>>
>>5360508
lol, projecting. anytime someone whips out that ammo, you know they lost.

you were wronger than wrong and you know it. you just need to justify to yourself why you need a therapist. you're not normal, and never will be.
>>
>>5360186
That's only applicable to adults you, fucking retard.
>>
>>5337138
>9 year old trans child
normal cis dude in 5 years.
>>
That shit is funny
>>
>>5361326
Jokes on you, the kid is FtM
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.