[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not another gender war... (Please don't spam hate. I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: images.png (55 KB, 300x248) Image search: [Google]
images.png
55 KB, 300x248
lets have a discussion on cisgender.

So its been a year since I've set foot on tumblr and one of the people I used to follow is "nonbinary". IT is a fairly weak individual who has no friends, no life, lives with family that is "abusive",ect... Put it to you like this, IT's a robot and belongs on /r9k/. As of recently, IT has been posting hate against a gender know as cis. Now to my knowledge, Cis people are people who apparently are born male/female, are straight, but identify as something else.

(I don't care about the proper definition of the word or meaning of being that gender, but just know I could care less on what sex or gender you identify as.I'll accept you as the person you are.)

Cringing at this person's backlash, I looked further into this. I searched up #cis and #downwithcis. A whole slue of hate towards these people from the transgender community can be seen. Post after post denouncing these people because of something they didn't do. There are even posts of people telling these people that all this hate is wrong, but words of peace are few and far.

My question(s) is this, why should the transgender community hate cis people? Why does do these peolpe hate others based off their gender? How does cis pertain to transgender? Why does tumblr always butt hurt about something/someone?
>>
>>5324595
#DownWithCis is a tumblr joke. It's not serious.
>>
File: cis bullshit.jpg (86 KB, 496x772) Image search: [Google]
cis bullshit.jpg
86 KB, 496x772
>>5324595
OP here
Just posting what the person I follow said. What it said pretty much said made me cringe, but at the same time make me what to learn more about this gender called cis.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 247x204
>>5324595
they made the game, undertale, which by the way is a good game, into a "war" to see what the main character's, Frisk, gender...
>>
>>5324611
Cis is not a gender on its own, though, it's just the opposite of being trans. If you were born with a vagina and id as female, you are a cis woman. If you were born with a penis and id as male, you are a cis man.
This is essentially the tumblr equivalent of REEEEEEEE NORMIES!!1!
>>
>>5324611
I thought linkle was supposed to be links daughter or something?

Anyway linkle is a stupid fucking name. They should of just made her link but in an alternate timeline. I'm pretty sure a lot of the Zelda games take place in alternate timelines. Something about each game being a retelling of the same story or someshit. Unless you believe the ridiculous way the autistic fanbase has linked each game.

Anyway, this person just sounds like an annoying twat. I wouldn't really worry about them.
>>
>>5324638
I thought the whole point was that Frisk's gender is ambiguous and up to the player's imagination
>>
>>5324648
Linkle is link's younger sister to my understanding. Its noncannon because she probably will only appear in hyrule warriors
>>
>>5324602
Right. Like #killallmen...
>>
>>5324670
Have you ever even seen the post that started #DownWithCis?
This is it. You're telling me you think that really happened?
>>
>>5324670
the hashtag that created menenists... lovely.

Even then that was a joke. At least I hope it was... All the guys that are/were or identify as a menenist are a bunch of white nights for elusively men.
>>
>>5324595
>IT has been posting hate against a gender know as cis.
Cis isn't a gender.

>Cis people are people who apparently are born male/female, are straight, but identify as something else.
No, it's people who are not trans.
This includes most tumblr trans, but they have a complete misconception of what trans is, so they wouldn't admit it.

>are straight
>but identify as something else
What the fuck is this even supposed to mean?

>My question(s) is this, why should the transgender community hate cis people?
Why should cis people hate trans people though?
I think hate against cis people is justified, until cis people stop being terrible people.
>>
>>5324681
Wow... I feel that whole story should be flipped around. What it should be about their friend ganging up on a young couple and the guy fighting them off, only getting a cut, while the girl tried to get away, but ended up getting brutally hurt.

Either way the post is stupid...
>>
>>5324747
OP here
>Cis isn't a gender.
Then what is it? A sexuality? A mentality? What?

Cis, to my knowledge, is a fairly new concept we all don't know nothing about. Those who identify themselves as such, write the rules as they go.

Ever since I joined tumblr, its given me a better understanding on what kind of people are out there and how they live their lives. As I support the LGBT community, but the one this I don't want to see is hate within the community.

What happened to the support people needed to accept themselves?

This is why I want to know more about this, so the least I can do is not offend people.
>>
>>5324833
>Then what is it? A sexuality? A mentality? What?
What the fuck do you think trans is?
I already explained it, it's not being trans.
If you don't want to change your sex in some way, you're cis.

>Cis, to my knowledge, is a fairly new concept we all don't know nothing about.
It's not new.

>What happened to the support people needed to accept themselves?
What people?

>Ever since I joined tumblr, its given me a better understanding on what kind of people are out there and how they live their lives.
You didn't know that aspies, BPD, and biploar people existed before you visited tumblr?
Most "trans" people on tumblr are cis, but want to feel special.

Anyway, as a marginalized group I don't think it's completely wrong in trying to worsen the world for the privileged groups.
For example, if trans people started to murder cis people, based on them being cis, to a point where cis people have like a 10% chance of being murdered in their life time, it's a good thing.
It's people who are privileged who can make the changes, marginalized groups can only try to influence the privileged people. Empathy doesn't exist in the vast majority of people, so causing terror for the privileged people, so that they decide to actually take action to better the world is the only way for social progress to occur.
>>
>>5324833
No. It's literally just the opposite of being trans. Trans is not a gender either, fyi.
It's not a new concept, it's just so when you are talking about trans people and you need to say something about people that aren't trans, you don't have to say normal people or whatever.
Cisgender is to transgender as heterosexual is to homosexual
>>
I propose a new hashtag

#downwithearthlingscum

Martian Power!!!
>>
>>5324833
Alright. This is my last "getting trolled" for the night; work starts early tomorrow.

"cis" is a latin word meaning, roughly "same side". It is the antonym of "trans", which means roughly "other side".

When referencing gender, a "transgender" person is someone whose gender identity does not match what they were assigned at birth, and a "cisgender" person is someone whose gender identity *does* match what they were assigned at birth.

"Cis" has, at least academically, been in use in discussions about the genders for a bit over a century now (same with "trans", although it has only entered into common parlance recently, and is presumably still misunderstood.

There. It's your response. Enjoy.
>>
>>5324911
thankyou for the logical stand point. This is what I kinda was looking for. Although, I'm still looking a psychological meaning or something...
>>
>>5324934
There's no psychological meaning to "cis" or "trans". They are latin words.

They are linguistics, not psychology.
>>
>>5324966
no, I mean to say like "how does a person feel being this or that". I want to understand why they feel this way about themselves. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
>>
>>5324992
adding on,
like what I want to know is, if a person born male/female, stays and accepts that gender, finds a person of the opposite sex, why do they need to be called cis when they are hetero?
>>
>>5325013
Cis is about gender identity, it's totally distinct from sexuality. If you're okay with being the gender you were assigned at birth, you're cis. It's as simple as that. And people generally don't "need to be called cis", it's not something most people use as part of their identity unless it's useful to distinguish from being trans for some specific reason
>>
>>5325013
'cause sexual orientation (heterosexual) and gender identity (cisgender) are two completely different things.
>>
>>5324611
I swear people only care about the genders of video game characters just to argue about it.
It doesn't matter. I used to watch a show and a character was female or male and then later canonically changed to female because the creators got so pissed at the fan base for arguing about it so much.
>>
>>5325139
at that point its not even "fan service". Its just the creator trying to stop a group of people fighting over a stupid thing.
>>
>>5325013
The way I find its easiest to describe "cis" is with the example of diabetes.

I have a friend who is diabetic. I am non-diabetic. When I'm taking about my friend or myself I don't usually refer to the fact that either one of us is diabetic or non-diabetic. When I do talk about diabetic people though, rather than saying "normal people" I can say non-diabetic.

Is the same with Cis. When I'm taking about my Trans friend or (not Trans) myself I don't usually refer to the fact that either one of us is trans or Cis. When I do talk about trans people though, rather than saying "normal people" I can say cis-people.

Was that helpful?

Also worth saying again, even though other people have mentioned it, Cis has nothing to do with sexual orientation. I am a Cis, gay, male. I was born with a penis and XY chromosomes, I identify as male, and I am sexually attracted to males, but I'm still Cis.
>>
Honestly it's fundamentally stupid and ridiculous and yes even retarded to get into this oppression Olympics thing. Killing of the non marginalized group would be backwards because you could be part of that group (white and Trans) so logically you would end up killing a bunch of POC. Plus Terfs would have every right to kill you from their point of view because you would be their oppressors for invalidating their oppression. Turning this into some kill bill "ends justify the revolution" would just make it shittier for everyone including Trans folks. To argue people don't have empathy in general is laughable because that doubly applies to you as well. I don't think Social Justice is evil, but I firmly believe that letting horrible shitty people decide some vengeance scheme because of something shitty happening to them makes them shitty people in general. Call me a Shitgod but I prefer not acting like a bit fucktard!
>>
>>5324868
Or things end up actually a fuck ton worse because said privellaged group decided to take drastic measures or vengeance. I mean I'm sure the communist party made things much better for Russia than the Tsars.
>>
>>5324868
>Anyway, as a marginalized group I don't think it's completely wrong in trying to worsen the world for the privileged groups.

because dragging everyone down will raise everyone up, right?

>For example, if trans people started to murder cis people, based on them being cis, to a point where cis people have like a 10% chance of being murdered in their life time, it's a good thing.

how would that be a good thing? what you should be worried about are suicide rates among trans individuals. that is a thing you CAN solve, and without killing anyone!

>It's people who are privileged who can make the changes, marginalized groups can only try to influence the privileged people. Empathy doesn't exist in the vast majority of people, so causing terror for the privileged people, so that they decide to actually take action to better the world is the only way for social progress to occur.

empathy doesn't exist in the majority of people? what? and causing terror is a good thing? i suppose you support ISIS? after all, they are an 'oppressed minority'. and how about instead of "causing terror for the privileged people, so that they decide to actually take action to better the world" why don't you work to convince people why this "social progress" must occur? i would gladly listen to facts and ideas, but when you speak of terror you destroy your own cause and make moot your own points.
>>
>>5325909
ISIS isn't an oppressed minority.

>because dragging everyone down will raise everyone up, right?
It'll hopefully give privileged people on how good they have it, and how bad others have it.

>how would that be a good thing?
They get to know the situation, and fear, of trans people. They don't care about trans people as it is now, but if they were put in the same situation they'd probably care.

>what you should be worried about are suicide rates among trans individuals. that is a thing you CAN solve, and without killing anyone!
No, we can't.
Cis people will continue to refuse trans children care, and in otherwise making their lives miserable.
That isn't going to change, and thus suicides aren't going to stop.

>empathy doesn't exist in the majority of people? what?
Do you seriously think the world would be like it is if people could feel empathy?

Basically, what it comes down to.
A horrible world won't affect already marginalized people, but it will affect privileged people. Therefore, privileged people should be keen on bettering the lives of marginalized groups, because otherwise the marginalized groups may as well make it a hell for everyone.
>>
>>5325920
>justifying Tumblr SJW nutcases
>>
>>5325920
>It'll hopefully give privileged people on how good they have it, and how bad others have it.
we know how good we have it, and how bad others have it, that's why we have nondiscrimination laws, why men gave women the right to vote, why whites in western countries gave other races the same rights as everyone else.

> They get to know the situation, and fear, of trans people. They don't care about trans people as it is now, but if they were put in the same situation they'd probably care.
but people obviously do care, that's why we have, again, nondiscrimination laws. and why must everything be about fear? surely fear is a poor way of achieving goals that would better be achieved through understanding?

>No, we can't.
yes you can.
>Cis people will continue to refuse trans children care, and in otherwise making their lives miserable.
how young of children are we talking? because we really shouldn't be giving children drugs that could affect them permanently. at least wait until their in their teens and actually have themselves figured out
>That isn't going to change, and thus suicides aren't going to stop.
you obviously aren't trying hard enough

>A horrible world won't affect already marginalized people, but it will affect privileged people. Therefore, privileged people should be keen on bettering the lives of marginalized groups, because otherwise the marginalized groups may as well make it a hell for everyone.
right, "I'M NOT ENJOYING MYSELF SO NO ONE SHOULD" is not a valid argument, and furthermore, if your plan is to make life so shit for everyone, you might want to rethink that plan, do remember who the majority is, you know, the people you claimed had no empathy? well what do you think is going to happen when you actually piss those people off? not everyone is so weak as to simply roll over just because you say "roll over".
>>
>>5325990
they're in their teens*
>>
>>5325990
>nondiscrimination laws
Which doesn't really exist for trans people in the US, and elsewhere they don't work and aren't enforced.

>well what do you think is going to happen when you actually piss those people off? not everyone is so weak as to simply roll over just because you say "roll over".
Basically no difference if they get pissed off, that's the point.
>>
>>5326041
>Basically no difference if they get pissed off, that's the point.
you what? we live in one of the most peaceful times in history, violence and crime of all sorts are way down compared to say 30 years ago.

>Which doesn't really exist for trans people in the US, and elsewhere they don't work and aren't enforced.
i can't really argue this as i'm not a trans person, and i can't speak for any country besides the USA, but i will say that some protection is better than none, is it not? https://www.aclu.org/map/non-discrimination-laws-state-state-information-map
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.