[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be trans >super small campus >roommate is the biggest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: kill-me-86961717723.jpg (21 KB, 609x281) Image search: [Google]
kill-me-86961717723.jpg
21 KB, 609x281
>be trans
>super small campus
>roommate is the biggest meme tranny
>introduced themselves as trans to everyone they meet
>everyone on campus now thinks trans ppl are gross and weird including my close friends
>better just keep it secret until I graduate because this fuck gave us a bad name

Kill me
>>
>>5319875
Your roommate is mtf, and you're an ftm in the closet?

Most people don't even know transguys exist, I think you'll find it okay.
>>
>>5319883
We are both mtf just I'm more on the agender side but I don't just go to class in an animu dress when not even on hormones and flaunt it. I just feel that gives off a bad impression
>>
>>5319875
But OP, aren't all trans gross and weird?
>>
you do realize no one else can give you a bad name right? those people probably just have issues with transpeople when you get right down to it, and their dislike of your roommate just is an excuse for them to openly say it...

either that or they're all dumb as shit for letting a sample size of one person colour their view of an entire group of people... i'm sure that's some of them, but all of them? that's unlikely...
>>
>>5319875
>be human
>super small space ship
>other human on board is biggest meme human
>introduce themselves as retarded to every alien they meet
>aliens think humans are retarded
>pretend to be a potato and aliens blow up earth
>>
>>5319898
you are both special snowflakes and should kill yourselves
I bet you don't even have dysphoria
>>
come out anyway, and go through a dignified transition, to show people that they shouldnt generalize an entire group based on one attention whore.
>>
>>5319875
>introduces themselves as trans

Actually, that might not be such a bad idea. I'm mtf 3 years on hrt, boymode forever, and...
This existence of wearing loose shirts or jackets to hide my breasts is becoming a bit stressful. I'm seriously considering just telling people im on hrt for the peace of my mind.
>>
>>5319875
or you can come out and teach them that trans people are capable of being sane.
>>
>>5320215
not really. If every tranny I meet is crazy, then I'm going to start assuming things.
>>
>>5321746
Then give them a fucking example of a normal fucking tranny or gtfo.
>>
>>5319875
SDSU by any chance?
>>
>>5321814
>normal tranny
Memes aside this anon is correct be the example you wish people to see.
>>
>>5321746

>every
>talking about one person

yeah no... doesn't work... and even if that is the case so far it doesn't really prove much...

people who fail to judge people on an individual level and can't see the exceptions aren't exactly intelligent... generalizations don't work on an individual level so it's pointless to use them when dealing with individuals... you can use them in the sense that like if a transperson turns out to be crazy you can be like "another one, i guess a lot are like this" but that still doesn't equate with "all" shit just doesn't work that way...

fearing being openly yourself cuz other people in your community can be embarrassing if you aren't like that is stupid... other people aren't a reflection of who you are, and if you're different and can open someone's eyes to the reality that all transpeople aren't that then you're just doing yourself and the community as a whole a greater disservice than the embarrassing person who's vocal... sometimes people just need to meet someone who they view as more normal to learn how to be more accepting... it's like people who hate on gay guys cuz they think they're all campy and over the top flamboyant queens and then realize the guy down the block and his "roommate" are gay and totally normal...

idk, i'm trans... i don't let other people represent me when i can just be myself and be open and let people decide for themselves how they feel like judging me...
>>
File: 1427756949988.jpg (25 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1427756949988.jpg
25 KB, 306x306
>>5321832
>generalizations don't work on an individual level so it's pointless to use them when dealing with individuals
i was about to type this message but you saved me the trouble
>>
>>5319875
Holy shit OP i have a really similar story to yours but probably not as bad.
>be me in small secondary school
>new kid transfers in
>alright, they look pretty autistic but whatever
>comes out as trans 2 days into new school.
>tells everyone to refer to them as she and their name
>new kid loves mlp
>new kid has a fucking neckbeard, acne and a huge ass belly stickin out of his tight clothes
>what the fuck
>thank god im not out
>they are so fucking cringy
>they even openly said they had a foot fetish and made everyone wearing opened toed shoes uncomfortable.
>I graduated early and am glad i left.
>they probably mutated into what OP was talking about.
>>
>>5320215
>either that or they're all dumb as shit for letting a sample size of one person colour their view of an entire group of people

You do realize that's what Americans are like, with the exception of a select few (by comparisons sake).. they're incredibly dumb and do this with everything.
>>
>>5321857

np...

>>5321930

i'm american...that has nothing to do with it... though some areas are generally filled with more ignorant people than others...

i'm from brooklyn (born/grew up there and didn't move 'til my early 20's) in the poconos now... and people are significantly less accepting and stupidly judgmental here in general than back home, but there's still plenty who aren't like that so eh...

and even people who generalize can usually understand when they're proven wrong undeniably...
>>
>>5321725
iktf
for the first year I was boy mode, but that is becoming impossible. I think some people realize something is up. I present fairly androgynous, and now people will often gender me female.
>>
Arrange an accident for your roommate, OP. You'll get passing grades the rest of the semester and she'll stop giving mtf's a bad name
Or, here's an idea, write her an anonymous letter with your exact thoughts on what a tactless bitch she's being.
>>
>>5320215
Or they don't mean it.
I will talk shit on a whole group because of one person, even if I am in that group. It's hyperbole.
>>
Why people keep blaming transpeople instead of transphobes?

"Giving a bad name", really? Transphobes will hate you no matter what.
>>
>>5324340

sure, but the result is the same isn't it? one person doesn't create a bad name for someone else... generalizations don't work on individual levels etc etc etc
>>
>>5324369
No, the result isn't the same. Because I don't actually mean it. I don't automatically assume things of these groups. I'm being hyperbolic to vent my frustration.

Like when I say I hate niggers. I grew up and still live in the ghetto and have a natural dislike of the typical hood black person, but it's not like I genuinely hate all black people because they are black. I'm not going to walk down the street and actually call someone a nigger.
>>
>>5324398

you just want to argue... and over nothing really, just nit picking something i didn't bother bringing up in my initial post so you can rant...

what i'm saying is whether you speak in generalizations you mean or not, a single person cannot truly give an entire group of people or a separate individual a bad name unless someone actually looks at everyone that way and believes it wholeheartedly in which case that person is either stupid or simply ignorant... if they're ignorant meeting someone who defies that idea will help, if they're stupid well... there's no helping that

nigger is a word that means something specific rather than defining every person who's black (subjective but the way i define it) if you thought every black person was a nigger cuz of the way you grew up or one black person you know who fit that... then you would be the embodiment of what i was describing in my post...

you aren't so it's unrelated... and this is sort of a pointless discussion...

it's still a fact that no one can truly give you a bad name except yourself... so blaming other people for shit views and hiding is pointless...
>>
>>5324446
I was pointing out a possibility and that those people likely do not actually hate Trans people. This wall of text was rather pointless.
>>
>>5324446
>>5324398

fits* my bad...

my point is i don't care if you say shit you don't mean to simply speak in generalizations... then you aren't the type of person i was speaking about, and weren't even given a thought or mentioned...

so this is pointless... i'm sorry i missed something you seem to think is very important (it isn't), but i mean really my point still stands separate from you or people who speak the way you do... so yeah... you can keep going but i'm tired and this is pointless so past this point you'll be on your own...

so i guess if you need the last word take it
>>
>>5324468

i got that, and i acknowledged it's possible... but i wasn't talking about that so i don't see the point in you saying it to me... that's kinda just "yeah...no shit, but so what?"

i was mostly just saying other people aren't responsible for how someone sees you... and talking in the context of the dislike being a reality not just someone talking shit to talk shit...
>>
>>5320215
>those people probably just have issues with transpeople when you get right down to it, and their dislike of your roommate just is an excuse for them to openly say it...

What I was replying to.
>>
>>5323918
Oh she knows I plan her demise on a daily basis
>>
>>5321824
Nope
>>
>>5324503

yeah no i got that, but like i said "sure, but that's not really what i was talking about... i was talking about it in the context where the dislike is real" just cuz i didn't include every possibility there could be as to why someone would say something in a post on 4chan doesn't mean i don't acknowledge the other possibilities...

it just didn't apply to what i was saying simply cuz the op post made it seem as though the distaste for transgirls was actual rather than people just talking shit and making casual generalizations they don't mean in conversation cuz that's what people do...

and like i said what you added doesn't really take away from the overall point i was making so yeah... i'm not disagreeing with you, i just think you're being a little nit picky and expecting a post on 4chan to cover more aspects of human nature than it needs to...
>>
>Meme tranny
So they're "genderfluid"?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.